Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ - Historical Edition

What ancient history do you use in your cities and dungeons?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

speakingtree.in/blog/temple-architecture-of-ancient-india
quatr.us/india/history-indian-architecture.htm
reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/83cabr/i_just_played_2e_at_garycon
reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/83cabr/i_just_played_2e_at_garycon/
paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1g1#v5748eaic9um9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do you guys like anime? or is this just a made up stereotype

Yes

what's the best build for a thrown weapons build using SoM?

Hawkguard Warder using Tempest Gale

Boy, you're on Veeky Forums

Get the fuck out if you don't like anime

Thanks user, it's even funnier the second time around.

I would like to use more references to ancient India, but artwork and architecture is too detailed to describe well.

>speakingtree.in/blog/temple-architecture-of-ancient-india
>quatr.us/india/history-indian-architecture.htm

Neither of my players put ranks into Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering), so I could be vague about it.

>
>
>not presuming the extra damage comes from greater skill and linking it to the character and character level and not entirely the weapon, similar to what monks and brawlers do.

I think it would be a huge benefit to martials.

Any games recruiting?

SCoT postgame post
It started off as Hogwarts, now it's Lord of the Flies.
GM cancelled the game early cause everyone was too busy ERPing to actually RP with any of his NPCs. As of this posting the majority of the players are still yiffing.

Citation needed.

Don't bash Tempest Gale.

I believed you until you said Jade cancelled the game for excessive yiffing. We all know that Jade is a massive degenerate and that would be the desired outcome.

A Runic Knight Magus with barrage sphere and Two-Weapon Fighting. You can use advanced spellstrike on top of spell combat, so you can get Barrage + full attack

Well, even if you want the Lord of the Rings comparison, there were a handful of Ancient Masterworks that were impossibly good. Like a large dagger that was so sharp and strong a halfling could drive it hilt-deep into a wooden pillar with no effort.

Let's play a game. Everyone name one specific thing you want out of Pathfinder 2e. Just one thing. How much of a trainwreck will it turn out to be if you all get what you ask for?

Rule clarity.

Gender bender curse for oracles

Also converted oracles

a group to play with ;_;

I love everybody here.

1h melee is viable.

>Large bronze +1 Vorpal Scorpion Whip
>Disposable Weapon (feat)
>Wand of Greater Make Whole (CL 12th)
>Handy Haversack
>Cyclops Helm(s)
heh
Haha
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I hope FotJR has lots of fun tonight.

Your gay

Yeah?

I want effective sword-and-boarding.

Ur mom gay

My mother is a beautiful woman, don't you talk shit about her!

i'm gay for ur mom

Literally never gonna happen. You either two hand or Dex Finesse.

But... I was gay for you.

Ur dad lesbian

I like anime from when anime was good, but not awful modern shit.

Is there any magic items that would help a traveling blacksmith? Mainly trying to find a way to carry around a forge with me. Pathfinder or 3.5 works.

Bag of Holding is the ol' reliable since you can fit an entire workshop's worth of shit into one
There's a mod for heavy wagons to act as mobile forges, and items which boost carrying strenght for horses, ox and the such

PF2 has those, actually - mundane bonuses to attack and damage for weapons that goes from +1 to +3 just based on quality of design rather than magical bonus.

It's happening my /pgg/as

reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/83cabr/i_just_played_2e_at_garycon

>Hero points are baseline
Finally.

Tools of Wondrous Manufacture allow you to make 2k worth of goods in an hours, every day.

>hero points are baseline
Fucking stupid.

How bad does going warlord (bushi) 1/vigilante (night terror) 4/warlord (bushi) X sound? Taking practiced initiator so I don't fall behind with initiator levels, and so I don't fall behind on the maneuver levels I can pick on warlord (obviously progression and gaining new ones will stop for a while, but I'll get a few from vigilante anyways).

The main reason for this is that I want ranged lock attempts from fool's errand to mix in with my tempest gale maneuvers for some control.
How shit will this be?

>sneak attack doubles on crit
>rogues get dex to damage at level 1
jesus

Can someone give me a run down if DHB characters that would make good NPCs for a campaign?

Any initiator can trade out for Unorthodox Method, you don't need to dip for it.

Would your character let their daughter leave the house dressed like this? Would they let their son?

Ranged lock attempts are a set of two vigilante talents you can get with night terror, else it's literally impossible.

Magical realm get out!

Do they intend to get fucked?

If so, yes.

>Those weapon properties
So PF 2nd Ed is going to be "We're D&D 4th Ed, but totally better! Yeah!"

>cold enough for a cloak
>warm enough for no shirt
My child is clearly dyslexic

we 5e now

I might actually get excited when DDS ports SoM/P to this system

That’s a capelet, not a cloak.

Call me when DSP does Psionics and

You want DSP to do me? That's lewd!

What build using only 1PP Pathfinder material will get me the most DR? Doesn't HAVE to be DR/- but it's gotta be something that isn't easy to overcome, like DR/adamantine or DR/alignment.

I'm already guessing I start with Invulnerable Rager but what can I do to push it even higher?

Someone posted hands-on impressions for 2e on Reddit.

reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/83cabr/i_just_played_2e_at_garycon/

>Every weapon has unique properties
I’m excited. I’m very excited.

>Pathfinder 2e is pay to win. If you send Jason Bulmahn or Stephen Radney-Macfarland $20, they'll give you hero points. It worked for us.

Hahahaha did the money go to some good cause or just Paizo's bank account?

>Stephen compared class feats to rogue talents

I figured they would work like that, but it's good to have confirmation. So many classes in Pathfinder already have a "class collectable" mechanic, so streamlining it just seems sensible.

>Magic items are different. Activated magic items use points from a daily pool to activate. This includes wands.

Weird. Interesting. Not sure how I feel about it? Wish I knew how big the pool is. Probably based on character level if I had to guess.

>Knowledge checks take an action

SATAN ALIVE but maybe this is an okay thing if only so that we don't have everyone at the table bust out a knowledge check every time the party encounters something for the first time?

Dip a level of Fighter (Unbreakable), take Stalwart/Improved Stalwart. This explicitly stacks with DR from class features.

Take the Dragon totem line, the second one gives you 2 more points of DR for each dragon totem power you have. This explicitly increases your Barbarian DR.

Take the improved damage resistance rage power. I think I remember at some point ol' JJ said if doesn't work with Invulnerable Rager, but Invulnerable Rager *literally* recommends Improved Damage Resistance in its list, so...

>Take the Dragon totem line, the second one gives you 2 more points of DR for each dragon totem power you have. This explicitly increases your Barbarian DR.

And make sure your DM doesn't read the FAQ paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1g1#v5748eaic9um9

>Hahahaha did the money go to some good cause or just Paizo's bank account?
All the money went to charity

Okay, I'm fine with it then but I'm still laughing at that guy's poor choice of words. It's extra funny to me because we've already been jumping on Paizo for selling the physical copies of their playtest books.

I hadn't actually seen that before, I guess that puts another damper on it.

Still, Stalwart/Imp Stalwart will get you an extra 10 DR and that's the bulk of the extra DR here.

>Heavy Armor gives touch AC

AAAAAAAAA

Why wouldn't it be harder to make a touch attack against someone in heavy armor?

Though I'm sure something like Shocking Grasp would override that against metal armor.

Because you’re not touching them, you’re touching their plate

Touch AC is silly anyway.

> hey lets make casters not good at hitting things
> but anytime they want to hit something it's actually really easy anyway

Riiiigghhhhttt, and AC is a total of defenses (dodge, armor deflection, etc.) that prevent damage. Heavy Armor has better coverage and standoff compared to light/no armor, so it's harder to touch YOU, unless they're using something electricity-based, which metal would conduct.

I just know I’m very excited to see how they actually handle armor, and if they’ll give different suits different abilities! That way there’s a reason to wear scale mail even when Full Plate is available.

Aside from "this is what I have moneys for right now"?

Can someone help me with a rules clarification? I got a brawler I want to give Power Attack. How would this work on a Flurry? Am I correct in my assumption that the normal BAB part of the full attack is at the full bonus, while additional flurry attacks get the half bonus?

That’s exactly what I mean, yes. A good suit of full plate should naturally be the best AC protection you can wear, but other types of armor could have situational boons. It’s like how Scimitars now give you the ability to strike a second enemy adjacent to the first, and if you strike an enemy with the scimitar your second strike against that enemy does even more damage.

So tell me, what's the best way to SPL@ THE R@

Every attack in a flurry acts like a main hand attack, meaning you get the full bonus. This has a fun effect when you discover that you can modify weapons to be in the Close weapon group. Which lets Brawler flurry with them. Power Attack Flurries with a 2h weapon are possible by RAW.

Where is that weapon modification ruling?

Oh you could kill those things by the bushel, they can get splatted by warhammers, greatswords, pistols, rapiers, very large boots, explosives, and a wide range of pyrokinetic spells.

It was in Adventurer's Armory 2, I think, but you can find it on Nethys in the equipment section

Wait, actually, the Brawler's flurry states that he actually gains the Two Weapon Fighting feat while he flurries, while the Monk just says the attack penalty emulates it. How do you figure that a flurry is all main attacks in the brawlers case?

Because it explicitly states you don't need to use multiple weapons, and that you apply your full Strength bonus to it. CRB Monk's Flurry of Blows says that the flurry "acts like two-weapon fighting".

By strapping nearly 200 lbs of pistols to yourself, and going to town.

Really it was implemented solely so that ray-focused casters wouldn't go crying to mommy they couldn't hit anything they aimed at.

The crime is your miserable existence. The sentence is death!

Bah. Casters should need to aim most of their shit and just deal with the fact that it might go wild. Area spells without laser accuracy would be a lot more interesting when weighing your options.

By hopping like a maddened squig.

AUGUST IS TOO FAR AWAY GIVE 2E NOW

So I wasn't really paying much attention to tabletop when Starfinder hit the table. Is it good or bad lads?

It actually fixes most of Pathfinder's problems but introduces a fuckton of its own in the process. Probably would've been good if they spent another year in testing, but gencon and all. Math is all sorts of fucked, a lot of the design choices aren't thought out at all, but the classes and systems are pretty cool.

It could have and should have been good, but Paizo killed the system by rushing it out unfinished by Gencon.

Starfinder's sacrifice will not be in vain if the best parts of it go into Pathfinder 2.0.

The first time that voice line played, our group nearly wiped because we were laughing so hard.

Saltzpyre's voice acting is truly a gift.

That seems to be what they're going for. Hopefully, they can fix Starfinder somewhere along the way too.

Though, it has led to some interesting stuff. Did you know that capital weapons can lock onto colossal sized enemies like great wyrm dragons and deal something to the tune of 1200 damage to them per shot?

What do you recommend for having the most armored, more resilient, heavy hitting, juggernaut brute?

>Stephen compared class feats to rogue talents
I am even more hopeful for martials now. Slayer was a good thing.

Invulnerable Rager is a pretty swanky barbarian archetype if you're stuck on 1pp. Hits hard, takes hits hard, laughs.

If you've got 3pp available, check out the warder. It gets class features built around negating attacks with counters, heavy armor, a d12 HD, and its maneuvers make it hit like a truck in the right circumstances.

How balanced would casters become if they actually had to play by the same rules we do.

Anima: Beyond Fantasy actually plays with this idea. Psychics and mages need to manage a "Projection" roll, which is almost exactly like an attack roll versus the target's magical/psychic defenses. It's a neat balancing factor, and having played with it a bit, I think it works reasonably well. Pathfinder could very much benefit from something similar, though it'd mean almost everybody would have an SR rating.

What rage powers would you recommend?

The Beast Totem line is incredibly valuable, since the capstone for it gives you pounce; even if you don't use the claws the line gives you, that's a hell of a boost to your ability to slaughter people.

Come And Get Me is an incredible rage power for a tank, since you can take the hits that are coming at you anyways.

Superstition is a scaling bonus that stacks with almost every other conceivable bonus to saves - if you're a dwarf barbarian that also picked up steel soul, the chance for casters to affect you is virtually nil.

Flesh Wound is incredible since your fortitude save should be amazing, and your damage reduction is doubled versus nonlethal damage. It inflicts ACP on the fort save for some reason, so make sure to take traits and feats and whatever to reduce your ACP to managable levels. Particularly good since this can be rage cycled.

Reckless Abandon is great because it essentially swaps your power attack penalty from attack to defense. Armor class isn't your best defense anyways.

Savage Dirty Trick can let you do debuffs in place of one of your attacks during a full attack. fighting a speedy little bastard with an armor class dependent on dexterity? Blind him, then maul him. Dirty Trick is one of the very few good things martials can get, and you do it better than almost anybody. If you want to go that route, take a look at the Strength Surge rage power as well.

Witch Hunter isn't great, but it's applicable against like 80% of lategame creatures and characters. The real reason to take it is to get access to Spell Sunder, which is just incredible.

Important thing; find a way to get immune to fatigue. If you do, you can blink out of and back into rage at the end of your turn, allowing you to rest all those nasty "once per rage" abilities that you'll learn to love.