/SWG/ - Jabiim Sends Their Regards Edition

Were there any Republic aligned planetary forces that fought near about as well as the Umbaran Militia, Geonosian Hive Defense and Jabiim Nationalists?

Seems almost unfair that the CIS had allies who fought better.

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ---
FFG Worlds Prizes:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/5/medal-ceremony/
Legion (and other games) at Adepticon:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/5/swl-fully-armed-and-operational/
Legion launch weekend:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/26/swl-rally-the-troops/

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alto_Stratus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So Veeky Forums, Which do you like? Sequel Trilogy, or the Prequel Trilogy?

Thrawn Trilogy

Does this Jabiim motherfucker do anything besides edgy 90s comics shit? Every page of him I see posted is like a weird Punisher knockoff.

Should I spec into Makashi in my buddies’ TPM-era Jedi game? My character’s proud and bold, seems like it’d be a good fit, but I worry about seeming too much like the stereotypical Makashi user.

He masterfully runs circles around the New Republic and executes some Jedi.

He doesn't like the Republic and blames them, perhaps rightfully so, for the misfortunes that have befallen his world.

And his name is "Alto Stratus".

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alto_Stratus

I think it'd be a good choice. If you're worried about being too generic, you could always come up with a bit of flair that sets him apart

reposting because I was late for the new thread
Alright user, I will take you on it.

thanks for the advice

I only took torps because a friend flying an oddball list really got me with them the other day

And to add to discussions here, I am kind of miffed how cheap/easy a full toolkit is to craft in FFG, it feels like it should be a little more costly or time consuming.

Really it is the 2 hour time that bothers me, since a toolkit has a large suite of items but all the other things listed under simple tools are generally one item

>stereotypical Makashi user
Do it anyway and inject a pithy one-liner into every strike. Count Dooku isn't the only fencer archetype out there.

Nothing wrong with cliches user, so long as you pull them off right. Don't worry about being an archetype, you're in Star Wars! Just do what you'll find fun and appropriate to the character, if you're having a good time others will have a good time.

I think it's just the "equivalent" of like a whole tool kit. Also, Simple Tools includes an Emergency Medpac and Slicer Gear.

Depending on your results, it might just be a really finely made multitool, or you could end up with a big clunky tool kit that too you 8 hours to put together.

What franchises have you crossover'd into your star wars?

For some reason my brain mushed "Medpac" and "Slicer Gear" together and I read that as "Metal Gear."

When will FFG let me buy a Metal Gear in their games, I want to take the fight to Rebel Scum in completely over the top style.

Cheers anons, I think I’m gonna go with it.
>inject a pithy one-liner into every strike
>how appropriate, you fight like a cow!

Vehicle creation rules soon.

And any player who gets a hold of a walker template will be making metal gears.

I've borrowed bits from ME and Halo here and there, but no real crossover stuff

Don’t worry anons, I fully plan to make my Legion walker into an AT-REX once it shows up

I enjoyed this comic except for how overconfident-plot-savvy-protagonist Aphra was acting throughout the whole thing.

Nobody throws out Chris Pratt one-liners while standing next to Vader. I'm pretty sure he literally has a psychic aura of "oh fuck it's Darth Vader" surrounding him.

Having ole sheevy p hand you command of the fleets comes with a set of durasteel balls.

I think she only had the gall to do it because she knew that Vader needed her around for now

I've borrowed a lot of characters from Fallout, for some reason. For example, I've got a Lando/Hondo-type recurring scoundrel who's basically just a less douchey version of Benny.

That guy being a dick is fine, he's a dickbag Imperial. It's like a rite of passage to challenge Vader and see if you end up dead for it.

Aphra is Vader's bounty-hunter-with-a-heart-of-gold sidekick throughout the comic who says silly comedic things the whole time.

Who is going to Adepticon?

Is anyone going to be there for X-wing, Armada, Imperial Assault, Destiny?

Anyone planning on trying out Legion?

>Aphra is Vader's bounty-hunter-with-a-heart-of-gold sidekick throughout the comic who says silly comedic things the whole time.

And one qualification shy of being a Murder Hobo.

>t's like a rite of passage to challenge Vader and see if you end up dead for it.
And in his defense, he was also proven completely right over his concerns in a new hope

I hope for you Legion players' sakes that FFG learned from X-Wing and you don't end up with the classic recognizable stuff left behind in a year or two while unheard-of Legends stuff dominates.

I mean, she does run around with homicidal R2 and C3P0.

I didn't dislike her actually, but whenever she was interacting with Vader it was tonally jarring.

People talk about Luke's portrayal in the new movies being poor, but what about Mothma?

The new movies make her look like a compete idiot, but in the expanded universe books, and even in the old x-wing games, she was portrayed as really smart and competent.

Her homeworld got bombed and escaped and she lead the rebellion and stuff, and made lots of military decisions. Even in the movies she is leading military briefings.

But then in the new movies, she flips a switch and becomes a retard. She knows what the empire is like. She was present when her homeworld was bombed. She would not have believed that they would just go and be peaceful. The whole nonaggression pact thing is dumb, or at least, it's dumb for the chandrillians and alderaanains to go along with it. These people in particular would have been more vigilant.

I really liked Mothma after reading some of the books as a kid, and I feel like they made an unrealistic choice for her character in the new films.

Anyway, is Mothma in Legion yet, or is she statted in the rpg?

Now isn't his thinking as flawed as Tarkin's given Super Star Destroyers aren't all that effective and have a worse over all track record in Canon than regular Star Destroyers?

An issue compounded by the fact that the crews are also incompetent.

Given this is /swg/, I feel like somehow people would be less annoyed if in like two years, the Imperial meta is all Swamptroopers with Flechette guns and Rohm Moc Commander or something.

She's a noncombatant. Why would she be in Legion?

>I mean, she does run around with homicidal R2 and C3P0.

And a Wookie that also likes murder.

>>I mean, she does run around with homicidal R2 and C3P0.
>And a Wookie that also likes murder.
>And cracking jokes around Vader
I don't know what this Aphra is but it sounds like the most annoying kind fanfiction character.

Inb4 the meta is Trioculus and multiple TIE Crawlers.

And an elephant that never forgets...TO KILL!

>Trioculus comes with the unique "Glove of Darth Vader" upgrade and his own Command card "Dark Greetings"

>she statted in the rpg?
She is statted in dawn of rebellion

Might as well post it
Mon Mothma [Nemesis]
>2/3/4/4/5/4
>2 soak
>12 wounds
>16 strain
>Skills: astrogation 1, charm 4, coercion 3, cool 4, Computers 2, Deception 3, discipline 3, core worlds 4, Education 3, Underworld 2, Leadership 5, Melee 1, Negotiation 5, Perception 3, Piloting Planetary 1, Piloting space 1, Streetwise 2, vigilance 3
>Talents: Adversary 2, Incite rebellion, Nobody's fool 2
>Abilities: Lasting Inspiration (Once per session, Make a Hard Leadership check when giving orders to an ally; If the check is successful, the ally gains one boost for each success which can be split up and added as desired to any skill checks the ally makes until the end of the session)
>Equipment: robe of office, diplomatic comlink, secret encrypted comlink, datapad

I hate that her outfit is “female han” with a hat

She and her associates are all parodies of the Millennium Falcon's crew.

Oh. So it's one of those characters, then.

Your assumption would be correct.

isn't she supposed to be, like, a doctorate'd scientist too?

Well to be fair, that joker she shot tried to kill her once before, or she claimed he did anyway.

But other than that, yeah...

Yes, but she only got her degree through trickery and blackmail, despite her being somewhat knowledgeable.

All the time. In the book Jedi Trial, non clone military units outnumber the clones by at least 3 to 1 numbers and if you factor in navy units it is probably more like 5 to 1

Yeah, they just normally didn't leave their homeworlds/sectors. It was the Grand Army's job to make offensive pushes, and the militias/homeguard units' job to maintain the bulk of defense.

The clones had garrisons within Republic borders as well, of course, to supplement the sector defense forces.

Ruusan Reformation basically gutted the Republic's military down to nothing- most of the armed forces where simply Judicial forces that tootled around the galaxy like a retarded version of Starfleet and could requisition armed combatants from various planets defence forces in times of crisis. As an entity on their own, pretty toothless*
There was one jedi general that used human troops during the clone wars and did quite well, but his name escapes me. Think Vader axed him sometime after the rise of the empire, aside from that... yeah, not much! The Twileks had some kind of insurgency but for the most part whenever the CIS landed on-planet most planetary defence forces didn't bother to fight very often it seems.

*Not saying they where 'ineffective', they where competent enough but the lack of a standing military produced fellas like Tarkin in a perpetual state of butthurt that he had nothing to fight with in the outer rim which was basically pirates, crime syndicates and other random systems just doing whatever the fuck they wanted.
Thats sort of why when the option to use clones was thrown into the discussion, everyone said YES! because otherwise they would have been fucked hard by the CIS

yeah why is this dude covered in jizz?

War is hell.

You haven't heard of the Battle of Bukakke IV?

You thinking of Rahm Kota, the guy from The Force Unleashed? He used a militia, so there weren't any clones with him to Order 66 his ass.

D-NOTICE

Also she's a lesbian who gets her own series because reasons.

>Rahm Kota
That's him, though I dunno if he's considered canon anymore (not that I give one single fuck anyway)
Cool character though

Oh yeah, he and Juno Eclipse were wasted in The Force Unleashed, considering their interesting backstories.

They, along with Garm can continue in our TT-RPG's forever though :)

Hot Take: TFU would've been a much better game if Kota was the main character.

How do you guys typically fly with Trajectory Simulator Nym?

I'll be trying it out at upcoming big events, but I've never flown a Scurrg before, much less a 47 point Nym.

Also- LRS or Gchips on Nym?

Currently I'm thinking

VI, Havoc, Tragedy Stimulator, Omlette Generator, "Genius", Harpoon missile, Extra Munitions, some free mod (LRS or Chimps) is what I'm currently thinking is the way to go, at 47 points. Wingman is Asajj.

Agreed. Starkiller is better off as a cyborg ninja boss battle anyway.

>The Force is a myth. The Empire is a joke. We are all pawns, controlled by something much greater: Memes.

I'm planning to run a game later this year set around 14 ABY, a couple friends want to be Jedi.

Thinking it'd be fun if Kota ended up being their Master in Luke's Jedi Praxeum, but has a different background than the TFU story.

Goddamn, that's true.

Oh, and TLT. I just kind of forgot that it was there.

Why is he so great guys?

I just got my Scurgg, haven't flown it yet.

Looking forward to it, that dial looks like fun.

He's the only Sith who seems to enjoy his job. When he has fun, the world has fun with him.

On the flipside, I've included Juno in a game. She was the one that co-ordinated integration of ex-Imperials into the New Republic, having been an Imperial herself, so my party of 3 ex-Imps had someone who wasn't looking at them with a raised eyebrow.
Helps that she could talk to Jedi like people as well. She was never anything more than a voice on a screen and a mission dispenser, but it was neat to have that character live on.

Kota is a fascinating man, but I think he works as a support rather than a lead

That's one of the reasons I had no trouble believing Triculous was really his son.

What other characters/elements from the TFU could be salvaged for a campaign? The hunting-obsessed Imperial officer on Kashyyyk was pretty fun.

Raxus Prime just in general. Junk planet, Imperials start smelting it all down and firing the slag to a shipyard in orbit to recycle it into something usable? That's a pretty cool idea.
I can take or leave the crazy Jedi who builds a copy of the Temple though.

Didn't they change how Raxus looked in TCW?

I have used Ozzik Sturn on my PC's
>He survived
>He fucked their shit up so bad

Actually, he remains at large because they did not actually go back for revenge, which is quite a rare occurrence for my players

I'm gonna be honest, this is actually pretty neat.

Honestly if they just made Starkiller some renegade jr inquisitor he'd be tollerable too.
I agree with you.

That's just Raxus, not Raxus Prime.

I think before the Canon split it was resolved by saying it was actually another planet in the Raxus system (not the Prime one) where the Confederate Congress gathered.

It's weird.
Raxus is listed separately from Raxus Prime, though I think in Legends Raxus from TCW fits with being Raxus Secundus?
It's kind of a mess, Raxus Prime does exist as a Junk Planet in canon though.

>Raxus is listed separately from Raxus Prime, though I think in Legends Raxus from TCW fits with being Raxus Secundus
Filoni's shows are kind of weird about that, yeah. Rebels Malachor looks nothing like Malachor V, too.

The basic strategy with tragedy nym is joust when bomblet + harpoon wins (most of the time) then running like a bitch. Engine makes him extra cancerous, but you can't always fit it. If you have asajj she's your real endgame, so nym just burns bright before going down.

>Honestly if they just made Starkiller some renegade jr inquisitor he'd be tollerable too.
The things that bugged me about him (and the game's advertising)

>Bragged about being Vader's secret apprentice, but only get to really enjoy that for about two levels.
>Despite being raised by Vader, Galen Marek is a big softie.
>As a result, he starts sympathizing with the Rebel movement far too quickly.

If the story played up Starkiller's turn to the light as being a greater result of his father's spirit reaching out to him, it would've worked a lot better.

It also doesn't help that he's a pretty bland character, which is definitely the fault of the writing, considering Sam Witwer is actually a pretty good actor.

Oh yeah Sam's a pretty good actor and a really great guy.

Not a bad GM either.

I can fit Engine if I ditch EM and my 2 point bid. Do I do that? Being able to genius a bomblet 2x per game seems good. You are in favor of Chips as well I assume? Also, how do I tell when I can't yolojoust stuff?

Anyone got any star wars memes

semi related

You could have asajj without title to fit engine on Nym.

Unnamed Squadron (99)
Asajj Ventress — Lancer-class Pursuit Craft 37
Lone Wolf 2
Latts Razzi 2
Glitterstim 2
Glitterstim 2
Countermeasures 3
Ship Total: 48

Captain Nym (Scum) — Scurrg H-6 Bomber 30
Veteran Instincts 1
Twin Laser Turret 6
Extra Munitions 2
Harpoon Missiles 4
Bomblet Generator 3
Trajectory Simulator 1
"Genius" 0
Engine Upgrade 4
Havoc 0
Ship Total: 51

Nym out jousts wholesome stuff, not nymranda, not ghost fenn. Non-sabine bomblets can just whiff.

This is some deep cancer. I know I want to get a coruscant invite, but the bombs and fat turrets and point lockers just feels wrong to play. I could go back to double delta blackout, but then I punt vs. the VCX- And those lists are so braindead I'd expect to see multiple in "must win" rounds to get an Invite.

I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?

>I hope for you Legion players' sakes that FFG learned from X-Wing and you don't end up with the classic recognizable stuff left behind in a year or two while unheard-of Legends stuff dominates.

Armada figured it out already, so we'll be fine.

Palp aces is the most skill intensive list that doesn't put to top cancer, so I'd recommend that. QD, Quiz, Yorr

Honestly, I'm greedy and want you at Coruscant so suck it up and play ghost fenn or palp aces.

Know someone who has a VCX and Sheath I can borrow?

For Palp Aces, Optics or Sensor Cluster on QD?

With only a week and change before Adepticon, I'm not sure if I have time to practice with much. I've got 20 games in with Blackout and Deltas, and like 10with Asajj and Y's.

I don't see how that would be a thing when classic recognizable stuff can usually be counted on a few fingers, meaning they should have that on the table before anything else.

Also, not a lot will likely make it into Legion due to size restraints.

Also, is there a better place to reach out to experienced players for advice? My collection is 80% Empire, so my amount of experience is limited with most other factions. Really, any list that's not 2-6 imp generics and maybe an ace.

Are you going to Adepticon?

I'm not sure who's going to Adepticon, but I can ask around. If you go the palp aces route cluster is probably better to keep shields up.

Reps count for a lot, so worst case fly what you're comfortable with. Most people are bad and you shouldn't believe them.

Forums and reddit are a shitshow, facebook is hit or miss, Veeky Forums depends on who's on any given day. Take most stuff with a grain of salt.

Anything in particular you want to ask?

I know this should be relegated to /co/ and all but.
I fucking hate Ahsoka so much lads.
Like on the level of that visceral ree-ing hatred some people have over Jar Jar.
I've hated her ever since she first showed up and every single fucking time she gets pushed as relevant or is put in another situation anybody that's not Filoni's fucking waifu donut steel would die in it's like another fucking knife to the gut.

Well see user, you recognise your hatred as being over the top and irrational, so some part of you knows there's more to it than how Ashoka is actually shown in the show.
Is there something surrounding her character that makes you dislike her more than you think you should?

Luke, did I ever tell you about Ahsoka Tano? She was your father’s exotic teenage alien apprentice, a fine piece of jailbait from a more civilized age. She had the tightest body and the perkiest little breasts in the galaxy; barely legal in most systems. Anakin and I used to doubleteam her at the end of every successful campaign during the Clone Wars, and once in a while we’d even have the entire 501st run a train over her, part of official Jedi “training” of course. In time, she learned how to handle a meatsaber better than anyone in the Jedi Temple. She wore a miniskirt every day so we told her there were no panties in space, and she was constantly doing acrobatics. We taught her to grip her weapon backwards like a dildo and she constantly got captured by pirates and slavers almost every other day. It was ridiculous, like a constant porno Luke, you have no idea. And she was a good friend.

She learned how to handle her meatsaber alright. That was a surprise, to be sure - but a welcome one.

>Tragedy Stimulator
>Omlette Generator

I'm stealing these.

Also just be mindful you don't lose your Asajj on the initial joust. Other user is right in saying she's your endgame. You want them to go after Nym first. Asajj can be surprisingly fragile against a lot of lists. And for fucks sake, if your Asajj is in range of most of your opponents list, pop your stims and counters. I killed way too many large base Scum ships by opponents by them not understanding that.

Take what you know. That will matter more than matchups for the vast majority of your games. Many X-wings games are decided by who screws up first, and if you know what your ships can do that will minimize that substantially.

>Also, is there a better place to reach out to experienced players for advice?

Not really, unless you know good players in person. The best of us don't discuss things on Reddit or the forums. Too many idiots, and there's no point in giving free advice to people we don't know. Podcasts maybe, but I don't pay much attention to them. Best way to get good advice is become friends with the best players in your area. You do that by becoming an intermediate player.

I like giving advice here when I'm on because people often actually listen. Or at least don't come flaming, telling me that I'm wrong. Anonymity gives a better community, but I think we all know that.