Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Stonecast Eternals Edition

Previous Thread: Please don't stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do respond to bait, do not hide and report. Party on dudes (And dudettes) (And gyrocopter-identifying dudes)

>A Hobo's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Misaligned Portents: Behind the Screen
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources, I swear
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

>Core Rules, all four pages
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handjob 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legion of Spooks
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Piss
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband Builder, though no-one plays skirmish
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>Potato Farm Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>Daughters of Khaine (DoK) PDF
mega.nz/#!5cI3ATaL!2FnDYkQnjUzgY3_A6DVvQ8IOwHf4BoagXwk5Y9NducI

Thread Question
>Are you okay throwing out the bits we do know about the Realms for the sake of Your Dudes? Do you just brazenly disregard stuff for the rule of cool, or do you work to make your fluff work-around existing lore rather than against it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
youtu.be/__DQIrHdqPA
steamcommunity.com/app/552500/discussions/0/1697167355212832754/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I always try to keep my fluff in lore. I’ve changed my general from a mortarch to just a powerful necromancer general.

>Are you okay throwing out the bits we do know about the Realms for the sake of Your Dudes? Do you just brazenly disregard stuff for the rule of cool, or do you work to make your fluff work-around existing lore rather than against it?

I'm not sure the fluff is really all that strict. For example, my dudes have burning skulls and a load of ghosts and other spooks following them around. My fluff states they're basically bodyguarding some sort of magic leyline between Shyish and Aqshy. Or something like that. That's why they're on fire. It doesn't have to make sense, but it looks cool, so that's good enough for me.

Soon

Well, that question was made in reference to the titular Stonecast Eternals. Which look dope as fuck, feel pretty solid as far as crunch and fluff interacting, yet run into a timeline issue where Stormcast have only been around for a hundred years or so, and thus one particular autist used to rage against the concept since there was no reason that people from the Age of Myth or Chaos could have carved statues that looked like Stormcast Eternals since they were yet to be forged.

Models first, game second. Form the fluff around whatever will stick to your models.

If all else fails...a wizard did it.

Looking for a PDF for AoS skirmish rules if anyone has it

Only when you serve.

How does he know Sigmar didn't base his Stormcast designs on the Stonecast?

Yup, this is my general premise. And once you truly embrace it, you're truly embracing the only good thing about the Mortal Realms in comparison to something like the Old World, that true bizarre and limitless freedom.

Kroot as devolved Seraphon that were left behind by their Slaan on the Realm of Beasts and soaked up a little gut-magic and starting looking like what they ate, working as anti-Chaos mercenaries with blackpowder firearms traded by local Free Peoples? Sure thing. Stonecast Eternals? Why not. Samurai Bretonnians? Let's do it. British Redcoats with daemon-tech as a lost city on the Realm of Fire that has turned to Chaos under the mask of artifice? Get me a knife and a mauler fiend, it's time to make a Steam Tank counts-as.

You new here?

Are you too busy fapping to snake elves to contribute anything around here?

You could have downloaded it in this time m8 its in the OP

Rekt

I'm too busy fapping to succubi elves.

Alright guys I'm the owner of 40 skellies now. I do eventually want to start up Legion of Night, but right now I have the stuff to do a Morghast Bonezone. So I'll make the list up for that, and work on getting the other stuff I wanna get. Last time I'll post this list looking for feedback, but I'm pretty happy with it, flavor wise.

Allegiance: Legion of Night
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Shard of Night
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
30 x Skeleton Warriors (240)
- Ancient Spears
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
10 x Dire Wolves (120)

Total: 990 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 88

>Still no info on Age of Sigmar Open Day

I just wanna know what Forge World was working on god damn it. The grapevine rumors say chorfs were still planned on being made, and there was still those Fimirach that needed to be finished.

It's under the section "Resources, I swear" of the OP.

Three separate Khornate dragons.

For the legion of night’s ageless cunning ability, can I default use my general as an ambush? It just says a unit. Or do I have to have to have the command trait that lets me deploy him in addition to the 3 ambushes?

Hasn't it been two weeks now? I don't really care what company it is, that should be more than enough time to reorganize it and announce something.

How likely is this scenario? I want it to be true so bad

You can do any 3 of your Legion of Night units. Even your general. The command trait allows you to deploy your general as a fourth ambusher.

So I'm considering some fancy bases for my skelemans. I use this glow in the dark paint on a white painted base, and then put black crackle paint over it. So it'll look like the ground is just fucking RIPPLING with glowy evil magic. Excessive? The paint isn't cheap.

>turns out to be stormcast vs tzeentch

I just hope that user who responded to this the other night was right that it'll be Death versus SCE/Aelves. Maybe the Necrons vs Admech box for 40k is a good sign that GW is branching out in terms of matchups in boxes like that.

Asking because im lazy, can I start an Aelf army ( the 3 factions mashed together ) ? Im new and I wanted to know

Yes. It'd be mixed order

Not this user but wanted to piggy back.

How do you decide on your bases for your minis? I know the idea about like, dark minis on a light base. But I'm not sure what accounts for a 'light base'? Which texture paint would I go with.

That's gay.

Work out what the parameters of the fluff are first, work out what makes sense within them and then do your modelling.

You don't make something immersive by modelling first and ex-post-facto bullshitting later.

For casual sure, however in official rulings, you have to take at minimum, one detatchment of Stormcast Eternals.

I generally keep to the lore as close I can. The exception is /my Seraphon/, who have a bit more free will than most fluff would indicate possible.

Where did the skirmish rules go in the OP? I don’t want to buy them.

mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>inb4 can't find it.

>do you work to make your fluff work-around existing lore rather than against it?
I haven't gotten terribly in depth with the lore, but I would like to think it's not too far out there.
My Skaven are a band of sky pirates from the Realm of Chamon, led by an exiled warlock-engineer and his closest minions. They use their precious few supplies of warpstone to fuse manic Skaven technology with stolen Kharadron equipment.
As they lack the ability to distill aether-gold into ingots themselves, they try as hard as possible to steal it from the Kharadron, with mixed results. Turning around and selling tech and aether-gold to other skaven bands is how they sustain their numbers.
The quintessential skaven evil plot in the works is a skitter-generator powerful enough to warp the entire band and their ramshackle ship between the Realms, allowing them to appear without warning and vanish into thin air.
The dream is basically Rat Treasure Planet.

This is unironically GW's approach to the aos releases; this is why you have some cool models, some nonsensical models and shit lore.

What army are you doing?
I have Dispossessed so I went with a dark grey rock with white highlights.

>That transphobia in the OP.

I go mixed Order, but yet to have a full 1k list, because I only use model with official fluff that I like.

Death, mixed skeletons and ghosts.

Are shooty stormcast eternals any good?

Your first picture was more fitting user.

Papa Bones and his Flight of the Morghasts, painted up in bronze and gold.

Don't worry guys, I'm sure it's coming.

Just like that survey they did at the tail end of last year was 'coming in the next few months, too'.

I'd very much like to see that.

Not as good as skeleton warriors

If I was to equip my skeletons with an even mix of spears and hand weapons, would you allow me to run them as either option? It'd mostly be just for looks/aesthetics.

Tbh, would this colour scheme work for my Lizardcucks?

youtu.be/__DQIrHdqPA

Is anything?

Signature can be any color or texture, so it could be cool if they were a host of Stormcast that are stone cold, emotionless, and further reforgings continually removes more of their personalities. The broken stone aesthetic could be because they are sent in missions where they have little interaction with others, and fight in the worst conditions of Ghyran.

Armoured Skeleton Warriors.

Sigmarite you fucking phoneposter

*Sigmarine

I FUCKING HATE THE STORMCAST HELMETS
WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THOSE GOD AWFUL UGLY AS SIN HELMETS

Here's one of the undead valkyries. How's it look?

Im doing Spiderfangs

My current list is

>Big Boss on giant spider
>3 units of 10 spider riders
>4 arachnarok spiders

this brings me to 1820 points

Anything useful from destruction I could ally in?

I like it, but perhaps create lighter tones on the blue at the bottom, like a transition

Tin your pants

please get help

Does the 'Skeleton Warriors' theme song play in anyone else's head whenever that unit is mentioned?

if someone rolled up with a bunch of these clowns and claimed they were freeguild archers and spear guys would you let them get away with it?

What's the context to this image?

Going to a tournament in late April, getting my Disposessed done at a high standard for that here's the possibly final list:
Heroes:
-Warden King (Grudgebearer)
-Runelord (Ancestral Pick)
-Runelord
-Runelord
-Celesant Prime (Ally)
Battleline:
-30 Hammerers
-40 Warriors (GW's & Sheilds)
-10 Longbeards (GW's & Sheilds)
Other:
-20 Irondrakes
Total: 1980pts
Using Ironbreakers as warriors, just because they are better models and they match the aesthetic more...
Should I drop 10 from the 30 Hammerers and take another warden king to let the longbeards use his command ability or leave the army with more bodies?
Feedback please

steamcommunity.com/app/552500/discussions/0/1697167355212832754/

The retardedness in that threadbis amusing

Some really need to get out and interact more with people.

Oh hell yes

I would play you.

Hi tg, new poster here

been into fantasy and 40k for years now but was out of sorts with rules and whatnot due to living in the sticks and having nobody to play with, but I got a friend into it recently and grabbed the thunder and blood box. agreed to keep the stormcasts and was wondering what to do with em seeing as the garish generic color scheme is kinda shite and was playing with the idea of stone after seeing this dude from darkest dungeon.
thank fuck its possible, and thanks for the thread.

>GW made a fake report to hide AoS's failure

So they are going to this level of mental gymnastics

Hello,
I want to start collecting Fagcast and Seraphon.
Rate my decision pls

Both have a large roster to choose from, I suggest sticking to one for now.

literally check the op picture my friend, the filename even tells you how to paint it that way

it's hard to decide though that's why i narrowed it to those 2.
fug.

I can relate. I have purchases all over the place and because I keep getting interested in something else I end up never finishing anything.

Guess i will go with Seraphon first, i really love the priest skins like pic related.
I just wish they updated models like Kroxigors or Saurus Warriors and remove fucking finecast resin cancer

Nice stone statue colour scheme. How'd you/that person do it?

check OP picture filename

The Seraphon SC is great value and comes with an awesome model. Enjoy painting, user.

yeah basically everything in it is free since carnosaurus is 50 alone, yeah?

Thank you man. That looks both cool and easy. I'm gonna try it out.

Judicators: crossbows are shit, bows are awesome.
Raptors: crossbows are okay, bows are awesome.
Bless Weapons works well with both, especially a Judicator Prime.

Is the finecast resin the same material as my Branchwraith? If so, I hate that shit too.

yes, Branchwraith is resin finecast, the great cancer

Whats the best way to actually get the crossbows onto Warlocks? Just looking at the kit, th eonly realy way would be to just build Dark Riders and give them the warlock heads

kit comes with 5 holstered crossbows as well, so it wont be an issue

That seems like a pretty easy fix anyhow

"A great prophet-king from the time of myth had visions of a might host one day rising to protect the lands and commissioned all the artists in his kingdom to sculpt these warriors in exacting detail...

Little did he know the vision would be of no salvation to him, but to his ancestors thousands of times removed"

Seems legit.

I am actually going to pick up rohan stuff and use it as britonnia

What is the colors for Kislev? I am thinking of doing a stormcast army made up of souls from kislev so wanting to paint them correctly.

So far i am just seeing blue

What's your biggest modeling mistake?

>The exception is /my Seraphon/, who have a bit more free will than most fluff would indicate possible
user, it was confirmed that Seraphon have free will and they can still be alive even with no slann around

>tfw Dispossessed are all plastic.

I built up my judicators and then found out the shoulderpads don't seem to actually want to fit on the models or sometimes they come into contact with the quiver hanging from the belt

How pissed would you be if someone showed up with an army of only dragons?

Dreadlord on dragon, stormcast with storm drake, draksworn temp, forest dragon, and high elves on dragons.

not pissed since they are tarpitted and taken down easily by either sheer volume of dice or mortal wound spam

Where's your battleline?

Thanks user, this works out perfectly, I was really wanting to do winter and cool colors for it, maybe get some wanderer's with a winter theme as well later on.

I bought models two months ago for an army I don't intend to play because I thought they looked cool and haven't even opened the box.

Trying to magnetize custodes. Their wrists are so fuckin small I had to buy 1mm magnets

what is a good price to sell the khorne bloodbound from the starter set at?