Always loved collecting and painting models

>always loved collecting and painting models
>I love seeing cool battles and shit from a bird's eye view
>especially loved painting Warhammer and 40K models, especially Forge World stuff for its quality
>didn't even play Warhammer, just thought the figures were cool
>was pretty good at it
Fast forward to yesterday
>gf of 3 years and I moved in together
>she wanted to move to the city, had to get an apartment, didn't have space for all my modeling stuff
>sold all of it or just got rid of it
>told her today that I just got rid of the last of it
>"Thank god, babe. You're a little too old to be playing with toys."
>tfw

why are normies so mean :(

I would literally never sell my toy soldiers for a fucking roastie. btw you've now set the precedent that she wears the pants in the relationship, big league

Sometimes they just don't understand and you gotta take it in stride.

Her holes won't fill the void left by your army mans.

You betrayed Your Dudes, you left them to die, abandoned them like trash.

OP I wish you were a faggot, then I might be able to understand you. At this point, I don't even want to.

What a faggot. At worst you should be with someone that does not look down on you for enjoying having a hobby.

Painting models is pretty tame to some of the shit I have seen.

you fucked it all up OP

If this is real, it should be a serious red flag. Your partner has to love and respect you and what you do.

Nobody's asking her to love warhammer shit, but provided you don't spell a jillion dollars on the stuff, she has to respect that you like it.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go paint the ork vehicle my beloved wife made me.

Why would you move in with a girl who doesn't put up with your nerd shit

This whole story sounds fake

> abandoning the hobby you love for the sake of a vapid whore who refused even the slightest effort to understand you

Nurgle would be disgusted.

I would never date a woman like this. She obviously has no respect for your hobbies and she would probably love to actively control what you do in your spare time.

I hope you're prepared for many years of misery.

I don't even think Slaanesh would be into that sort of thing nevermind the rest of the dark gods

Buy that one expensive model and put it on display with the cost.

She didn't ask me to get rid of them exactly, it's just that the place we moved in to doesn't have space for my little hobby station, and she kinda mentioned that several times during the process of us moving. I realized she was right and that I wouldn't have space for it all.
>You betrayed Your Dudes, you left them to die
Please don't remind me, it hurts enough already.

I feel like this is a sliiiiiightly different version of the story than we're used to seeing. He didn't even play warhammer.

I mean it's a pretty common thing that happens.

Man has hobby ---> man meets roastie ---> roastie demands that man ends hobby because it takes attention away from her ---> man hates himself when roastie inevitably dumps him for Chad Thundercock and now he doesn't even has his hobby to give him comfort

Which one? The Warlord Titan that's like $1400?

You're pathetic. Dump the bitch immediately if you want to keep even a shred of your dignity.

OP here. Fuck, it's really starting to sink in how bad I might have fucked up. I had just completed my jungle themed Tau army, too. Khaki uniforms with jungle green camo armor, custom modeled crimson sashes for officers, lots of Kroot auxiliaries and battlesuits in lieu of vehicles. All of the bases painstakingly decorated with mud, rocks, vines, all kinds of jungle shit. I modeled battle damage on a lot of armor, made up the lore that it was kind of a remote outpost that wasn't top-priority for equipment or reinforcements, hence the reliance on Kroot.

I was even in the process of making a display board of a Tau outpost surrounded by a dense jungle and shit. Fuck. Hundreds of hours, gone.

F

>Dumping your collection of anything, let alone of objects you partially hand-crafted, for a cunt that didn't understood your passion and only wanted some space to put up furniture or some shit everyone has
Truly, truly a painful read. Off yourself now.

>beta male pussy-whipped cuckold who worships the ground his roastie walks on
>Tau collector
Makes sense

This is her fault, but you're a weakling. Hope you get better man.

Xenos players are the biggest fucking pushovers.

I know that people are going to give me shit for this, but you're kind of at fault for not leaving her. If your relationship makes you feel miserable than you should get out fast

Kill yourself

My relationship never made me feel miserable before this really, I guess I just never realized my hobby bugged her that much before this. Looking back I know that she kinda hinted at it before (asking why I do it, how is it fun, etc.).

I'm trying to lie to myself and tell myself that I didn't do it for her, that there simply wasn't any space for it, but I'm not delusional enough to believe that. I could have stored them in a closet somewhere, I could have at least kept all my hundreds of dollars worth of paints and brushes and shit in case I wanted to start again. Jesus Christ, I feel so fucking dirty. What have I done.

user, as shitty of a thing you may have done, the important part is not to beat yourself up over it. What's done is done, and no amount of self flagellation will bring them back. Just take a deep breath and try to relax. I'd also advise finding a new hobby, so you can pretend the pain doesn't exist for a while.

I'm not good at anything else except woodworking :( Don't have room to do that either. Basically the only thing to do in this city is dress up in flannel and go drink IPAs with the faggots down at the local microbrewery

user I would pity you but at this point I think it would do you more good to grow a backbone- you didn't even try to strike a compromise and now she's just going to walk all over you.

Make your next choices carefully.

I hope this is bait. You fucked up, if not.

what city is it? Lots of faggots have similar space problems in the city and so band together to use mutual space to pursue their hobbies. Whether it be woodworking or dick sucking.

Look, I felt sorry reading your original post but please grow a pair.

Sounds like your s.o. mentioned the stuff might not fit in your new place, so instead of either discussing it openly or just downsizing the collection (I have my gaming stuff in a couple totes, and a few small pouches with organized hobby paints), you just up and got rid of the whole shebang. It shouldn't matter if she disproved of the hobby (it would have been more of a red flag had she nettled you openly about it. Making a comment after you seemingly abandoned the hobby isn't nearly as bad). You should have different interests, it's what makes a relationship last. Shit, asking "why do you do it" and "how is it fun" are actually pretty good questions, even when spoken in an annoying tone. It shows theirs at least an acknowledgement that you did have fun with them.

Shit, then you bash other people who probably actually have dedicated hobbies (probably playfully but still), while still moping that you can't make room. Damnit, man, put some shit in a tote for a new hobby, or go try doing shit at some sort of community center. Maybe try ""legit"" art? Maybe try writing? Maybe try some fuckin programming, hell just DO something. Hobbies are either a passing phase or your life, sounds like your last one was in between.

btw congrats on the move

You could at least have kept the best stuff?

You're an idiot.

Tell her she's too old to say no to anal.

She's right though mate, you are too old for figurines.

He couldn't because none of this happened. It's a fictional account.

Sage this shit thread.

You could've probably kept it in some boxes somewhere or something, until you got a larger place where you had more space. Mine where mostly tucked away for a few years until I got my current apartment with space for a large cabinet and a desk.

Also for fuck's sake, you probably could've just pushed back a little bit and she'd be completely ok with it, but you just rolled over, further proving to her that you do not actually care so much about it.

TLDR: You fucked up, son

>Caring what a woman thinks about anything ever

Nah, I don't think so. I've had a bro dump his game because of his significant other. After getting rid of his wife he used to bitch about fucking up and selling his battletech minis.

People giving up hobbies to appease their significant other happens to a lot of people in relationships. It just becomes one of those little annoyances that builds resentment in relationships.

Not gone! Someone else is enjoying it right now. Your labor of love made you some extra scratch, and now, someone you don't even know is finding endless delight in fighting out battles with the very same Tau warriors you put together. You know how sometimes parents tell their kids that the dog was "taken to a farm in the country" instead of put down?
This actually happened for your miniature projects! Your little works of art are, RIGHT THIS FUCKING MOMENT, filling someone's heart with delight and pride. That's something to take joy in man.
Don't ever feel shame for making someone else happy, user. You made a choice, maybe not the right choice, but no matter what happens there are probably dozens of delighted neckbeards out there across the country, maybe even the world, playing with your miniatures and marvelling at the work you put in to them. Be proud, my dude.
>GF mocks your hobby
This one is... not great. I'm not gonna go all /r9k/ on you, so instead I'll give you real relationship advice. A good relationship is built on trust and respect, including for silly shit your partner does that you don't like/find interesting. You don't gotta enjoy "Orange is the New Black" to accept that your GF and her gal pals gather round to marathon it every once in a while. Don't let yourself be bullied out of things you're interested in man. Yes, your minis shouldn't be the HIGHEST priority in your life, but you are, in fact, allowed to like things, even silly things, and so is she. If this sort of behavior persists, have a serious conversation with your lady about respecting the fact that each of you have your own interests and its not her business what you do in your free time.

>supposedly cares about his hobby but can't afford to pay something like $50 a month for a small storage unit even though he's moving in with someone
>in a relationship with someone who has so little respect for him after 3 years that she'll ridicule the thing he dedicated his time and money to and had fun with after he had to part with it just to salt the wound
It's ok, OP. The feeling you have in your gut that you're a piece of shit and a disgrace is correct, but you're too much of a pussy to do anything drastic like killing yourself. You'll just slowly fade away like the background decoration you are.

>she apparently never said anything during the relationship until now
>put up with you having a hobby she didn't understand or personally like
>never directly told you to sell them
>only guilty of being a bit thoughtless

Bummer you had to get rid of them, but it seems more like a thoughtless throwaway comment more than anything. I've had my wife make a comment or two about how she doesn't get how I enjoy PNP's or how I can pay so much for models, just means she doesn't get it.

Guess it matters how she said it, but if she wasn't trying to be a bitch she was just being thoughtless, and that happens in relationships sometimes.

Get a good job, save up, and get a good place that let's you enjoy your hobby again when you can.

Assuming this happened.

Jesus christ

How big do her tits have to be for all of this heresy to make sense? Post a pic so that all posters here have a moment of clarity.

That's not good man. Don't do that shit. In the coming months you'll receive the shit test. She'll be angry at you and want to argue. It could be over something real or imaginary. Stand your ground and don't do what you just did.

Dump the bitch

I fucking gaurantee in a couple months she'll be bitching at you for not having a hobby.

assuming they didn't strip them and repaint them, I know I would

>I guess I just never realized my hobby bugged her that much before this

It's never bugged her. What's bugged her is not having full control over her life, house, and partner. You've basically just helped her out with that and set the precedent for future.

"You were too old to be playing with those toys" roughly translates to "I don't want a boyfriend who plays with those toys, and I'm glad you've seen sense and made sacrifices to meet my expectations, just like you rightly should"

This is a good thread

At least you realised that Women are cancerous, yet they keep us interested because of their vagina
Keep your hobbies and fuck the bitches

This better be bait, How the fuck could you pick a fucking girl over your dudes.

brutal

Nah, girls like OPs are shit but there are good girls out there. Mine plays D&D and Magic with me and gives me feedback on the paint jobs I give my troops.

Just tell her toys and modeling are two different things

Those girls are pretty hard to find though.
especially if you live in the middle of fuckall nowhere, and moved there in your teens and thus lack any childhood friends or attachment to your community

>mfw i literally have to tell my finceƩ off from buying me more hobby shit since i have plenty already

Wife-ing her in a year

Yeah, no argument there

Best you can do a lot of the time is find one that, while not necessarily enjoying your hobbies, respects that you like them. If they don't do even that much, then its probably not going to be a great relationship

I cant belive that guys can be this beta.

Jesus, the level of /r9k/ in this thread...
His partner never asked him to stop or to sell them. He was just a spineless faggot who did it all on his on in a bid to please her.

Tzeentch is just waiting for the relationship to collapse as the woman slowly begins stripping OP of all his "childish hobbies" to try and make him a "real man" until OP eventually snaps and spends even more money on toy soldiers because he had to rebuild the army he sold.

It's all in the long con my dude.

I bet you had room for troll dolls, mismatched candlesticks, throw pillows and porcelain clowns.

Does that dumb cunt have a hobby? Usually the answer is no. Women are children.

Abattoir ghoul

Faggot. My wife participates in the hobby with me. She has her own necron army. Shes a normie too... the difference it that my wife actually cares about me and respects my interests.

>normie
>plays tabletop wargames
Better reevaluate your definition of "normie"

Attached: green shirt man dubious.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

You're a bigger bitch than she is.

>Fuck, it's really starting to sink in how bad I might have fucked up.
Let's review your own story:
She "wanted" to move to the city, not "had" to move, fucking WANTED to move; out of a larger place into a smaller apartment, with no consideration for what you wanted or required.
You gave up your hobby and sold your prized possessions, for the sake of doing something financially reckless, all on behalf of her inconsiderate whims........ only for her to then indicate that she looked down on you.
Yeah you fucked up. You're not the most pussy whipped bitch I've ever come across, but damn if you aren't trying.