Personal Headcanon

What's your own personal headcanon? No matter how nonsensical or inane.

>At least once, AT LEAST ONCE, when the Emperor had finally collected all 20 of his lost primarchs in the same place at the same time, he took all of his sons out to smash some xenos skulls together
>cue a scene of the Emperor of Mankind leading a charge with 20 fucking primarchs behind him against xeno scum

>the emperor sounded like he does in TTS when he spoke to Roboute after he was unfrozen

And one for a theory:

>the Blood Raven's primarch is one of the two Expunged Primarchs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5vuLmIWjp1M?t=5m40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Silent King is actually a C'tan returned from outside the galaxy, to unite the Necrons.
Possibly the Deceiver.
The C'tan shards thought to be the shattered Deceiver are actually just some other C'tan who was a patsy.

Fallout, Firefly, and Dune (each as written, roughly in that order) are all part of the pre-history of 40k.

>>the emperor sounded like he does in TTS
My headcanon.
Also, that is Rogal Dorn.

Pic related is headcanon.

>Fallout, Firefly, and Dune (each as written, roughly in that order) are all part of the pre-history of 40k.

Never considered this, but I'm down with it.

Like, the Original Dune books, as supplemented by the Encyclopedia. I'm not including that Brian Herbert shit.

But yeah, Fallout may actually just be a world in present-day 40k that was just seeded to believe it was Old Earth. Firefly is the early emergence of psykers in a remote part of the Galaxy, as is Dune (albeit on a somewhat longer timescale for the latter).

All Marine Psychers are pic.

>twins they were

It's been ages since I've seen this. Never knew it actually came from somewhere.

The void dragon is actually ok with being locked in Mars. I mean, a shitload of worshipers, and ample protection from the crons. Shit, he probably made a deal with big E to give humanity machine stuff in exchange for safety.

Tyranids adapt to gauss energy

Now this shit I'd like to see. It's not hard to imagine- "they adapt an energy shield". BAM. Adapted.

>Cadians all have outrageous canadian accents, like this level of outrageous: youtu.be/5vuLmIWjp1M?t=5m40s
>Cadians cannot socialize with Imperial citizens, as having their entire life being training and soldering, they can't relate to citizens and can't function well in a social setting that doesn't involve other soldiers.

But how fucked do you think everyone else would be if it happened tho?

...what's so outrageous about that accent?

But i also mean, use it an assimilate it for the hiveships

His RAGE clearly

LCB is canon
Kitten and Shadowsun still love each other

I like the theory that Magnus is the Blood Raven primarch, or that they're Thousand Sons successors / made from recovered TS geneseed.
Think about it. They have a high number of Psykers and Librarians for a post-heresy chapter, they have an obsession over relics / ancient tech / warp stuff, and they wear red.

Are they also overly polite?

Everything in the HH books is an alternate universe that has nothing to do with the main 40k setting.

Blunt as fuck

Oh, well yeah he's in the middle of a battle. I thought you were referring to his slang or drawl, which I think is fairly accurate.

>LCB is canon
Unfortunately, That is not possible becuase certain paranoid kleptomaniacs killed both sides before either could happen
>Kitten and Shadowsun still love each other
I 100% believe that to be TTS Canon.

>Mfw that's my accent
>Mfw I'm from Minnesota not Canada
I apparently have a Canadian accent.

our accents are pretty similar, that's for sure

Isn't that kind of the point though? All it really does it explain in the first three books why the emperor was entombed, and the rest of the books just explain the background to it all.

Then 10,000 years later, none of that shit matters expect that the emperor is still entombed.

>No matter how nonsensical or inane.
fuck yall

>Necrons are to Tau as Eldar are to Humans.
>There are surviving Old Ones, hiding out scattered throughout the universe.
>At least one Imperial Knight is actually a full Abominable Intelligence, but is affable enough to keep helping out.

Lastly, Magnus has the voice of Alan Rickman.

It is not that’s it’s nonsensical, but impossible. If there even the slightest chance it could have happened, I’d be right with you. But unfortunately Davian “Muh secrets of Kronos” Thule saw to that not happening.

i'm sorry daddy i won't try to have fun ever again i pwomise

He gets out to party in one of the later books. But yeah then he goes back in.

Ollanius Pius was a guardsman from the present that ended up on Horus's ship after a particularly bad warpstorm hit the ship he was traveling on. His entire life is one giant loop and he's actually named after himself.

The emperor had intended each and every primarch to betray him at one point, he just never expected 9 of them to do it at once. This is why he acted to shitty to some of the primarchs, he wanted them to attack him or to have an excuse to declare them traitors.

It's actually from the webcomic Turn Signals on a Landraider.

I honestly think basic, 2nd millennium counseling could have prevented half the shit of the Horus Heresy.

All the events in the HH we're planned by Emps and the chaos gods. Big E fully intend for the current state of the imperium to be what it is, and the chaos gods want to have the Galaxy in a perpetual state of war and chaos so they don't die. Humanity gets to keep living, albeit kinda shitty, and chaos gets fed.
Big E didn't want this to happen originally but realized that peaking humanity will only lead to it getting fucked later on by something worse. At least he could be around for the HH and guide it so it didn't fuck everything up too bad.

Tl;dr: Big E and the 4 are besties who want the best for humanity.

There is a planet out there that is filled with DAoT human remnants that just fought its way out of the warp from the height of DAoT and are pissed at the Imperium.

So... Interex?

fuck off Adam, you're never going to be GW's chief editor.

My headcanon is that for the most part the Imperium isn't as eternally awful as the lore makes it out to be, it's just that the lore focuses on areas that suck ass because that's what interests readers. Kind of like how modern news only focuses on crime and gloom-and-doom politics while entirely ignoring how quality of life has been more or less improving across the board.

>There are places in the galaxy where Eldar and Humans coexist as neighbors peacefully and even like each other.
>The Old Night was instigated by mankind trying to prevent the ascension of an AI to godhood in the truest sense - the amount of knowledge accumulated to this god machine meant that it was capable of become omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.
>Just as the Eldar gave birth to Slaanesh, the human condition was gestating Malal. However, this was somehow mysteriously halted by the God Emperor.
>Deep in the low levels of Terra live the original Terrans, largely unaffected by millennium of genetic manipulation and mutation. They speak their own tongue, have their own cultures distinct from the mainline imperium, and they detest what they see as colonists taking their planet away from there. Terra was designed as a fortress primarily not to prevent invasion, but to prevent the native population from uprising.
>During the DAOT, the presence of the Eldar empire meant it was hard to colonize a planet without stepping on some Eldar prince's toes. As a result, mankind attempted colonization of Andromeda.

That is pretty much canon though I think.
Well, maybe not for the most part, but for a relatively large one at least

Macha and Gabriel are a couple.

ah good comic

Alpharius is not dead.
It was so retarded for a master shadow schemer to go out it the open against opponents who are better at fighting and lust for his blood.

Eh. The various empires in Dune covered multiple galaxies and the universe was devoid of all non-human sapients due to killer machines. Seems more likely the timeline goes Fallout, Firefly, 40k, then Dune.

Also remember that Earth/Terra is non existent anymore in Dune universe by the books' time... at least I think so

They treat Gorgutz as a surrogate child.

It exists, but no one recalls its location.

Huh, I think I recall a line suggesting it literally doesn't exist any more for some reason, but I might be wrong about that. Never mind

It got nuked in a past war, so everyone erased it from their star maps, because that's what people do in the future. Given this happened thousands of years before the first Dune book, it could have recovered at a certain point in the series.

>personal headcanon
Tyranids are actually an emergency ereaser program made by old ones. Their goal is to nom everything and clean the board so the old ones can start a new experiment. The reasoning is if they destroy all life the warp will be pacified once again

Full C'tans are actually more powerful than chaos gods simply because their mere presence kills the warp

The emperor needs to completely die to become a god and everything that happened since his enthronement is part of his plan. Cypher knows this and is traveling to Terra to do the thing.
The dark angel's watchers in the dark are actually demons.

Jagathai khan died in the arenas of Comorragh

Ahriman still cares about his legion, and everything hes done for ten thousand years has been to try and revive his brothers. Even going so far as trying to steal the power of tzeentch

Blood Ravens are successors to the Thousand Sons.

Both of these are pretty much official canon now.

I'd even go a little further and say that deep down ahriman is still a loyalist at heart

> The Emperor is a Schoedinger's Cat; the Golden Throne keeps him in a temporal state of being neither dead or alive.
> The Emperor is half-way to crossing over into the Warp as a new god, but between the throne and his own resistance to the very concept of gods, he's still anchored in the materium.
> The immense contradictory nature of the Emperor as both a being who rejects gods and yet is worshipped as one has resulted in the half-formed warp being his is to become lashing out against its very existance as well as the existance of other warp-beings.
> The Emperor is Malal

Nah, more like the third contigency plan to survive the Long Night but whose planet was thrown into the Warp by a member of the Cabal.

I like most of these

>The Emperor is Malal
the emperor is obviously khorne

The Elder Scrolls Series actually takes place in the greater Warhammer universe and the Daedra and Aedra are all actually Chaos princes or aspects of Chaos gods. Most likely the entire thing is all part of some weird Tzeentch plot, but at least Nurgle seems to be tangentially involved in the form of Peryite.

That would have to be entirely located within the warp, are you aware of how fucked up the TES cosmology is?

Sigmar really is one of the lost Primarchs.

My headcanon is that Vance Stubbs did reclaim the Kaurava System for the glory of the Emperor, that despite insurmountable odds against numerous xenos thread, a beaten and battered PDF force was able to rally and save their own homes. That no matter how grimdark the universe was to an ordinary man, humankind is still capable of extraordinary feats. That no matter how insignificant a man is to the grand scheme of things, he can still be noblebright at heart and struggle in magnificence.

Whereas the Magpies lost the campaign because of their sheer arrogance, defeated by their utter reliance on the superiority of arms and genetics. Similarly, the sisters lost because of their blind and unguided faith, thinking what they did was unquestionable when they have misinterpreted the will of the Emperor.

To be honest, I didn’t really like how Relic handed the victory to the Orkz without much explanation or elaboration. It was just one line in that heretical game with zero effort. Didn’t help when trolls spammed crap all over 1d4chan in favor of the game.

>To be honest, I didn’t really like how Relic handed the victory to the Orkz without much explanation or elaboration.
To be fair, the explanation is that everyone else in Soulstorm were retards or fuck-ups, including Vance “Lost 100 BaneBlades” Stubbs.

The Emperor and the Star Child are not the same. The Emperor was an interim solution until humanity's real gestalt God could be born. This is one reason why the Emperor said he wasn't a God, but also why he wanted to shift humanity away from the Warp.

The fucked up-ness of the TES cosmology is part of what made me think of Chaos to begin with. I imagined it as some kind of Chaos realm within the warp, but it also could be a sort of but not quite parallel universe thing like the relationship between the two WH franchises.

That said it's not that concrete of a theory, I honestly just posted it because I was just thinking about the idea earlier and I thought it was an interesting concept.

The Blood Ravens lost in Kaurava, but they have an entire sequel to elaborate on, the event made their new campaign all the more important and engaging too, since the chapter cannot afford another lost in that kind of scale.

I don't mind the Orkz winning, but Relic should have worked it into the story more, so it is more of an interesting plot device. A plain one liner did no good to anybody, a complete dis-service to fans of every other faction, and it cheapens the Orkz's victory too without elaboration.

>Just as the Eldar gave birth to Slaanesh, the human condition was gestating Malal. However, this was somehow mysteriously halted by the God Emperor.
I love this.

>The Emperor have ascended by dismantling and partially absorbing Malal's powers.
>This is why the Chaos gods unitedly detest him
>This also made difficult for him to empathize
with people.

The Imperium as presented in Abnett's =I=
books (especially the Ravenor series, particularly the Lucky Space stuff) is literal and unalterable cannon and the Imperium is a much more interesting and complex place than the memeing autism of idiot fans.

Okay, what's the source? Cropped images are difficult to search under and there's no source in the filename.

Blood Ravens have a pretty good story, all things considered. It's been fun "your dudesing" the transition after Gathering Storm.

Gorgutz deserves more luck. He's a clever git and one of the better Orks we have.

Also
>The Void Dragon shard on Mars has actually grown to at least not "hate" humanity and is trying guide humanity/the Admech into an improved version of the Necrons

I'm not familiar, what is the Imperium like in those books?

Like, Ancient Rome-meets-Brazil (the movie)?

Also you should read them. They're real good.

>What's your own personal headcanon?
I dunno. I can't be bothered to keep up with the hourly, daily, or even the weekly retcons.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1.83M)

Pretty much this. I still consider the Thousand Sons loyalists at heart, or at least that's how i run my warband. Ahriman just wants to fix his legion and given the chance, Magnus would turn his back on tzeentch.

>What's your own personal headcanon?
They will be together again, one day. I feel it..

Attached: all you need is love, love...love is all you need.jpg (752x1063, 238K)

> if it isn't in the things I've bothered to read, it doesn't count!
Now THAT'S a personal head canon!

I prefer thinking the God Emperor is actually a lot less powerful and important than the Imperium or bits of lore not comping from the Imperium would have us believe.

>the Golden throne is pretty much only fueled by killing psychers
>he's literally dead and isn't coming back
Or even...
>he isn't immortal, he was just a psyker warlord from Terra who united humanity with nonstop bloodshed for personal glory, and the myth build around him makes up most of the story we hear today

My friends and I almost entirely run homebrew chapters/warbands/waaaghs/etc just so we can maintain a side-cannon that we like to believe coincides with the fluff as background activity.

Unfortunately the few times I've been able to actually field my actual "canon" Dark Angels, they underperform to comedic degree.

(48 Bolter shots, 8 plasma shots, 12 heavy Bolter shots = 3 Seekers of Slaanesh kills;
3 terminators die from a single Burna Boy; mind wiping a unit of ork bikers, and it improves them; literally never hitting with a metla weapon; etc)

Attached: 1500707832512.png (1162x850, 28K)

>Kitten
>White

Boooo

tzeentch once held a chess tornament and jokingly invited khorne, khorne showed up, and won, without killing anyone

3000 galactic rotations in photopaint.

Attached: Fear of a Black Custodes.jpg (752x1063, 273K)

Not every member of the Adepta Sororitas are female. There are a good amount of men who recruited, when necessary, and modified to appear female in order to keep exploiting the loophole that the Ecclesiarchy cannot have any armed *men* in their services

>A kill-team from the Ordo Chronos was sent on an ultra-secret mission, known only to a few members of the High Lords of Terra, go back to the era of the Great Crusade and kill Lorgar, Erebus and Kor Phaeron. Their mission was a success, with the result that the timeline forked and every member of the OC vanished from the galaxy along with the High Lords who sent them.

Attached: 1Jd5WBx.png (1400x1400, 146K)

Almost forgot:
>the fork has caused instability in both universes, which may or may not cause them to collapse back into one another with unpredictable results

Oldie but a good one is that the Emperor is actually dead and the astronomicon and other interactions with "The Emperor" is just the current amalgamation of all the psykers the golden throne drains. The Imperium kept up the lie because it needed the figurehead and religious dogma to survive.

Best headcanon

I'm with you
>"hurr Omegon felt him die"
He was faking it for the narrator.

>The Tau are not actually the weeb communist faction that GW are making them out to be.

>A small but expansionistic militarist nation struggling to survive surrounded by bigger and badder military powers that have been around for much longer, through aggression and technological superiority alone - they're obviously space Israel

Attached: 1324734111812.png (587x457, 25K)

My personal headcannon is that Humanity was gifted extreme psychic powers to a single champion by the Old Ones. They chose Abel. Cain killed Abel out of jeolousy, the Old Ones at first were angry, & we're going to kill Cain but he asked forgiveness or something & they figured he might as well have it as he was the second choice. Then they cursed him to wander eternally & without dying, & that giolence against him would be received by his attacker tenfold.

This is why he is a pariah, & no one likes him personally & why he wants to build up humanity like in the Book of Enoch. This is why Horus got fucked up after wounding the Emperor. Etc.

Another headcannon is that The Emperor isn't all that smart, he has the potential to be smart so he reads a lot or books & has a lot of knowledge, but isn'tnaturally smart. Most of his science came from long hours of study & trying but he ultimately focuses on simple smash tactics. He found a lone survivor Old One & has him/xer chained up in Terra. This is why he made big breakthroughs making the Primarchs & the Webway. Because of knowledge of uplifting species & Webway designs from a captive Old One.

Final headcannon. Old Ones look like tortles with vague dragon-like features

Alpharius and omegon were never recovered
And the AL primarchs are just another ploy played out by the AL marines

But where does Event Horizon fit into that timeline?

Also, all the loyalist first founding chapters apart from the SW have been wiped out like the IF in TWOTB, some of them multiple times. The massive cultural stasis is a result of them being super-paranoid about keeping up appearances. Meanwhile, the SW have gone from viking secret police to berserker furfags because they don't feel any need to stick to their roots.

Also in Fallout either the timeline is all fucked up and the war only happened a few years before the games or they rebuilt civilisation and had another war while many of the vaults were still sealed, because no fucking way there is that much pre-war stuff around after that long.

Ohhh thats good

The Emperor was trying to awake Malal
The Dragon will eventually side with mankind against the rest of Necrons and/or C'tans
Both Alpharius and Omegon are still alive. Alpharius took half the legion and converted to chaos, Omegon took the loyalist half and still fights for the Imperium from the shadows, they've been trying to destroy the other half and fighting a secret war for ten millenia

Attached: 26325236327.jpg (736x970, 104K)

I know he can predicte the future, But i cant help to think if was less of a dick to them at least three more wouldnt betray him. And why would vulcan ever betray him? He sounds like he would never do such a thing. Your theory is still good though.

>The shaman being was actually Malcador.
>The Emperor was created by him to be the perfect conqueror and unite humanity. He spent tens of millennia working from behind the scenes, why would he pull such a massive 180?
>The Emperor used a faster, cheaper version of the process used in his creation to make his sons.

That's pretty good.

Except that's about the opposite of what he said. A snide remark about the ever-changing nature of 40k canon is not necessarily rejection of it. There should honestly be a reading comprehension test instead of an age gate on this site.

Dark Future takes place in M2/M3 of Terra's history.

Attached: dark-future-horz.jpg (600x320, 76K)

Holy shit now i want to write a story about ole voidy waking up and wondering wtf is wrong with these ad mech shits. Turns out he made a deal to help mankind techbase for protection and just someone to talk to because all C'tans are assholes, even to themselves. Maybe he made cawl one of his champions or something.

Thanks for the idea user

All of those are so great