youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata: June 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/6.23.2017/Core-Rules-Errata-June2017.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces Sept2017v2.pdf

Steamroller Rules
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/LnL/Steamroller Rules 2017.pdf

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Other urls found in this thread:

www101.zippyshare.com/v/tD5n3bHl/file.html
www101.zippyshare.com/v/I8ypiKez/file.html
www101.zippyshare.com/v/ZblkK9Mr/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So hows everyone liking the Crucible Guard now?

I really like the caster on a railess cart and been able to run a list with them.

Its actually nice that she isn't exactly bad. CG casters for the most part aren't crap. And even the worst ones are at least playable.

Is Cygnar OP? Just starting, and people at the LGS keep making comments that imply they are. From what I've seen of tournament results and battle reports, they don't really standout.

>Is Cygnar OP?
Nope.

>people at the LGS keep making comments that imply they are
That is because they suck.

Cygnar isn't in a bad position. But they aren't really swinging the big meta changing dick.

People will complain about anything they can't come up with a way to beat.
> ret cancer group on facebook says faction is weak
> OTC 2018, Ret owns the scene
> ret players dont know what to say

On Warroom when i take a theme with "one mercenary unit/solo" i can take the full FA of that one unit. Is that correct or do i only get one copy of that one unit max?

One copy of the unit.

Has anyone played company of iron? Just found out one unit of Cephalyx Overlords and one unit of Mind Slaver and Drudges is a full COI force, sounds fun.

Whoever designed Locke1 and thought that this might be a perfectly balanced and reasonable caster needs to be fucking shot. I have a feat that essentially stops people forcing beasts in control range too in my faction. Except mine's 10" rather than 14", and it's a caster with no fucking spells.

Except with Locke you can still force your beast.

Will the guard have mini tanks on 50mm bases?

Yeah haha lmao, you can still force it, I'm totally not preventing you from doing it except I have a spell that throws you and can boost the hit lmao or I could just fucking Jackhammer the jack you're trying to kill aaahaha :-DDD

Fuck off is that a downside.

Are you retarded ?
He need 4 FOC to cast that spell and Boost. Every time you Force your beast he gain 1. So he has to have at least 3 FOC on him to boost the spell when you force and even them he has to hope on a critical.

I would be more afraid of Jackhammer in that situation.

Run a solo/infantry near Arc-node or locke.
Problem solved.
Jackhammer spam in your turn is worse.

He casts the spell without spending focus.
Venethrax shuts down fury spending even worse, but yeah Locke is stronger than Asphyxious3 and is otherwise the same feat, so it is unfair.

I like them a lot. Interesting models without trying to be too gimmicky and flexible casters. They need some tweaking but that's what CID is for.

I like that the battle engine caster actually feels like a battle engine. Deneghra 3 for example is a battle engine visually sure, but none of its armaments or statistics feel like one. She could have been on foot and had mostly the same design.
Mackay feels like its actually a warcaster in a tank, not just a warcaster cosplaying as a tank.

>When an enemy model is forced, casts a spell, or spends 1 or more focus or fury points while in Locke’s’ control range, after the spell is resolved Locke gains one focus point and can immediately cast one spell WITHOUT SPENDING FOCUS. Locke can boost attack and damage rolls on spells cast

Locke can chuck out a boosted Bombshell whenever an enemy spends focus or fury during her feat turn. Even if it triggers only 1/3 of the time, she's got a decent chance of completely fucking up your turn by way of pure saturation. And then of course there's countercharging Toros making a million Jackhammer attacks.

They should remove the spell being free and simply give her the opportunity to cast out of activation.

Yeah, because they will gain focus, they will be able to still get "extra" out of activation casts. It's best to compare this to Asphyxious3's feat imo.

And let's not forget that she's a Convergence warcaster too, which means she can run her entire battlegroup at fucking MAT9 on top of all the other juicy shit she gives vectors.

There's also probably some potential bullshit made possible by getting the Toro and Vanguard in CoC that I'm not even considering.

What? Crucible Guard aren't Convergence of Cyriss.
That's Locke there.

read her keywords mate, she's both a crucible guard and a convergence warcaster. and by way of maker's mark, she can always take the vanguard and toro in her BG - even if she's fielded in convergence.

CG has all sorts of cool cross-faction stuff going on under the hood. I'm pretty excited about running their heavy infantry under Ashlynn - Pathfinder, Veteran Leader, and Quicken will really ratchet them up.

I'm still kinda irked that they are a whole new faction rather than just making them mercs. You know, like Ord and Llael already are when they are Ord/Llael people.

But being taken in her BG doesn't make them vectors does it? Woah.
I think they want to move away from mini factions being part of minions/mercs. I wouldn't be surprised if one day Cephalyx become their own thing as well.

>Prime Axiom with MAT9, Sentry, and Jackhammer

Yeah, that isn't making it through CID. I have no idea what the Privateer Press game devs were smoking when they cooked up Locke1, but I'm sure I want some of it.

>I think they want to move away from mini factions being part of minions/mercs. I wouldn't be surprised if one day Cephalyx become their own thing as well.

Yeah, it just leaves me kinda annoyed because we know those factions are not going to get any more real support (And I'd have liked to have seen more stuff to run in Llael).

dedus gamus

>But being taken in her BG doesn't make them vectors does it? Woah.
nah, the warjacks will remain warjacks and retain the MAT/RAT on their profiles. I don't think Locke will have any reason to run merc jacks when she's in Convergence, she sends the standard vectors through the roof already. I'd sooner take a Conservator with her.

Blindwater got support. Convergence recently got like two new models didnt it? Or was it just one?
I think their goal is to divide the factions to not be as large through theming, then focus on rotating releases around a theme/minifaction at a time.

Hoffman?

No, this is Hoffwoman. Aka its Hannah Lovelace.

Attached: hannah.jpg (2048x2048, 532K)

Actually thinking on it, if Locke is a convergence caster, that means they share their stats with the constructs they control, just like Hoffman. Jackhammer means they spend their actions to make their constructs take actions, just like Hoffman. Whilst in convergence they can thanks to maker's mark take robots from another faction, JUST LIKE HOFFMAN. Add all that up and add the suit, the repair and both having a flame based weapon and they do come across as very similar.

how the fuck do you make Zerkova2 work? I want my qt russian bdsm goddess, but I'm stuck at "boosted magical sprays".

Yup. That's basically it.

Well that's fucking lame. Nobody runs enough infantry to justify that and even if they did, I feel like Sorscha1 or Witch1 would be blatantly superior.

Yup. Sorscha 1 is the way to go

Or you could play Scaverous and have loads of boosted cephalyx overlord sprays!

She's not great. The various parts of her kit are all in conflict with one another and it's difficult to build a coherent list for her because nothing stands out as being good enough to focus on. She's hurt even further by the fact that you basically have to play her in Wolves of Winter.

Ideally, you would have some Greylords, some jacks, and some bodies to feed into SacLamb. The issue is that it never materializes into anything unless your opponent will be wrecked by POW 12s. She really needs an offensive spell that's worth casting and justifies having a sizable battlegroup. Right now, all she does is make Outriders decent.

Hey, I haven't played this game since like, 2013 and I wanted to dust off my gators, but I was talking to my buddy about it and he says the new edition isn't worth it, but wouldn't really explain why.

What happened?

The balance was shitty. Then it got better. There a also theme lists which restrict what you can run if you want to be competitive. If you are playing gators your should be fine.

You can still cast spells when engaged. Arcing, no.

The CG infantry will be sort of cute and probably pretty goof but ultimately not better than anything we can already take with her. Excepting cid changes of course.

You say in a thread full of people clearly excited on some level about the new releases we'll be getting

it's a time honored tradition.

Dead game, shit game.

The only tanks revealed were battle engines, 120mm bases. I think a faction of little mini tanks could have been cool too but I can think of multiple things that probably factored into them not wanting to take that route

So tite.

You've now made me sad that I cant field a bunch of tankettes

Attached: images.jpg (507x290, 29K)

Can someone give me tips on running Call of the Wild for Circle Orboros? I've played Menoth and Grymkin a whole bunch but I'm having a really tough time adapting to it. One guy in my local meta told me to run Tanith with them, and another guy in my meta later told me that the first guy isn't that good at making lists and told me to run Kromac 1 or 2.

So, can I get some advice and tips? I've got lots of warpwolves which would be really nice to focus on since I like their looks the best, but I also have lots of argus, gorax, and griffons. I also have a storm raptor but apparently it's not that good right now. Help a guy out?

Attached: pureblood.jpg (458x1524, 98K)

user, they do this every thread. Just ignore them, if you ignore them they'll go away and if you continue arguing with them it will shit up the thread. If it bothers you, just hide the post and move along.

I'm upset to see Warmachine go out this way. It was a great containment thread and game for the ultra minmaxers and nofunallowed guys. Now you're hemorrhaging a bunch of mopey turbo cunts.

Attached: disgruntled don.jpg (428x429, 64K)

blame the company then. Also you should be grateful, the hardcores and sycophants are the ones who stayed in the game. all the casuals left.

All of the fatasses who stink up the warmachine corner of my LGS have dropped the game, sold their armies on ebay and branched out into different things. So now not only are they just miserable to be around because they're trying too hard but they've got the additional chip on their shoulder of "I can't believe Privateer could screw me like this" which they manage to bring up some way in every single one of their games.

>but I also have lots of argus, gorax, and griffons
I would highly recommend you check out Kaya3 or, depending on how many Griffons you have at your disposal, Una2. Both of them can put out a really mean game running light swarms. With a full synergy chain and primal up, Kaya3 can give anyone in her battegroup +5/+5, which is pretty devastating both for assassination runs and slagging enemy heavies alike. Una2 in particular has the assassination game on lockdown, since she can get her griffons wherever she needs them.

>Tanith
She's real fucking solid, especially with Warpwolves. If you can effectively utilize her gun without overexposing her (shifting stone finesse pays off here), Tanith can fix accuracy like nobody's business. Factor in scything touch and a turn of magical superiority via the feat, she's one of my favorite warlocks.

If you like running heavy beasts, I'd also suggest looking at Baldur2. Although he's typically associated with wolds, he can overcome the inherent fragility of warpwolves and give them the ability to brawl with other heavies.

Also, I forgot to mention that Loki is real fuckin neato. A big perk of running Tanith is the crazy threat ranges you can manage via a warpwolf with drag, something that never should have existed.

well, PP did do unbelievable amount of shit.

A game so dead it makes AoS look alive.

Ok I am looking to get into WarmaHordes, just two questions.
1. Is Skorne a viable starting faction.
2. What did FF do to hurt the game so much?

Yeah Skorne's viable.

Are Assault Kommandos the Brendan Fraser of Warmachine?

Attached: tfwshaftedsincemarkI.jpg (494x500, 90K)

Skorne competes both for the place of strongest faction in the game and simplest faction in the game.

Basically the launch wasn't great and people ignore that most of the problems are fixed.

Can someone clarify for me something lorewise, is Venethrax a trollkin? He looks kind of like one compared to the other liches. Obviously now he's a roboskeleton or whatever, but what was he in life?

But themes, gimped power attack, laser throws still exist though also it appears that PP still can't design shit if is any indication.

No.

Themes serve to counteract model bloat and see more fluffy lists on the table, with most of the "balance issues" they had only existing in mk2 or at launch, though they aren't perfect. I can't say much about power attack but why do you think its so gimped? I find regular use for most of them except trample, but i play against few people who like infantry. I especially like the current headbutt, feels really good to have my shitty cryx light jacks knock over an opposing light. Laser throws? Havent heard that term before.

Yeah, to counter act bloat they made more units for it. Even made a second longgunner unit for trencher force. Really making sense with that one.

As for power attacks they got rid of few useful ones. Along with throws the designs of them don't jive with the rest of the game. Power attacks are the only attack that I can't inflict upon myself and laser throw means that the throwing away is the only thing that has no randomization. Doing a throw at someone with a target actually makes the attack less accurate wtf.

Most problems are fixed is a garbage selling point and you know it.

I'm trying to say the game's better than it was in mk2 in my opinion. Mk2 had loads of its own problems and nothing about themes in mk3 has ever been as bad as mk2 themes. Nobody seems to care that balance is being taken more seriously now with regular playtesting or that a lot of really shit warcasters in mk2 are now fun and playable they focus on negatives that largely don't exist any more from mk3's launch.
They can have variants on a role without it being wasteful thanks to dividing the factions up more. In a theme focused on longgunners having longgunner choices makes sense, having loads of choices for that in a faction as huge as cygnar is otherwise just bloat.

>I'm trying to say the game's better than it was in mk2 in my opinion.
At what stage though? Mkii had a lot of meta shake ups at every release cycle and much has changed
>Mk2 had loads of its own problems and nothing about themes in mk3 has ever been as bad as mk2 themes.
Except for ubiquitous nature where there simply is no choice
>Nobody seems to care that balance is being taken more seriously now with regular playtesting or that a lot of really shit warcasters in mk2 are now fun and playable they focus on negatives that largely don't exist any more from mk3's launch.
It's because many of the problems were problems that shouldn't have existed in the first place. You forget that there's also plethora of caster and pieces that got turned into shit during the transition as well. Even ignoring launch issues, why would anyone have faith in design for a developer who's still making shit like And can't even think basic level of "these numbers are way higher than other people's numbers"
>They can have variants on a role without it being wasteful thanks to dividing the factions up more. In a theme focused on longgunners having longgunner choices makes sense, having loads of choices for that in a faction as huge as cygnar is otherwise just bloat.
Or they could spend time making non-redundant shit. Cygnar's been bitching for years for multiwound infantry unit. There's still nothing good morrowan either. It didn't get better, bad shit just got swept under the rug

Do you really think themeless play is better? That every fucking list should have banes in it just because its a cryx list and the only way to stop that is to nerf them till they dont fill their role properly? Ubiquitous themes is better than ubiquitous picks.

You act like the very first round of a playtest is something to shake your faith, if they released something like that sure but they care enough now to actually double check instead of doing what they used to do and push shit to live like that, now they give people like you and me a chance to say "hold the fuck on" and are currently the most open playtesters of any wargame.

As much as themes allow for more "diversity" in a faction without removing its weaknesses, factions still need some level of identity. I'm not sure what a cygnaran multiwound would even be, some kind of ogrun?

>Do you really think themeless play is better?
Yes. Unless themes let you do weird circumstantial shit like Magnus taking Cygnar shit, there's no need for themes to exist as unit steroids
>That every fucking list should have banes in it just because its a cryx list and the only way to stop that is to nerf them till they dont fill their role properly Ubiquitous themes is better than ubiquitous picks.
Why would nerfs equal not doing their job? Unless weaponmaster gets taken away there's nothing contesting their roles as smashfuckers.
>You act like the very first round of a playtest is something to shake your faith, if they released something like that sure but they care enough now to actually double check instead of doing what they used to do and push shit to live like that, now they give people like you and me a chance to say "hold the fuck on" and are currently the most open playtesters of any wargame.
The notion that they thought it was ok in the first place is what troubles me. I don't care about someone who asks for second opinion when the idea is catastrophically stupid in the first place. I don't care how quickly he changed his mind, but I'm not going to trust a doctor who'sprescribed me cyanide in the first place.
>As much as themes allow for more "diversity" in a faction without removing its weaknesses, factions still need some level of identity. I'm not sure what a cygnaran multiwound would even be, some kind of ogrun?
Faction identity is a dead concept by now. We've had too many casters and too many releases at this point to suddenly consider restricting releases. Cygnar have melee blitz casters, khador has spell focused casters, cryx has gunline enablers, skorne gets a gunline, Legion has infantry caster. At this day and time faction identity is a meaningless concept and a dead weight.
As for multiwound cygnar? Stormblade variants, ogruns, trollkin, morrowan knights just to name a few.

Hey would some user be willing to trade me something 40k for pic related? I got this in a secret santa and don't play this game.

Attached: CryxBox01.jpg (750x500, 152K)

Maybe. Are you Euro?

Try bartertown

Where do you live? If its Australia or New Zealand I'd be up for trading some stuff.

I'm in the USA. If there is interest I will post some pics with my previous post ID's to prove I have it. I'm looking to trade in your favor in order to get something I can play with.

Sorry then, i dont really want to mess around with international posting on a trade. Shame, i would have liked a second slayer and a reaper.

np user ty anyway

Guess that freshly primed model!

Attached: 28833122_2095444120471992_1362468265_n.jpg (477x800, 83K)

Its a legion something? I don't know.

Lord Assassin Morghoul

Skorne's pretty good right now.
A lot of people are upset about having to rely so heavily on themes, but the dead game thing is just a meme. Just ignore it.

Bear in mind that simple ain't the same as easy (or even an uncomplicated play experience). A Skorne player that does nothing more than smash face/feat/smash face is probably burning out his brain trying to play along with the opposing list.

This can be a pretty difficult game, when you start taking your opponent into account.

Out of curiosity, why don't NQ Prime issues ever get scanned?

I've got some Tau and Necrons that I'm interested in unloading. Do you have an e-mail, Bartertown, or Dakka account?

It's had some bumps but this is a good time for Gators- they just got a much needed boost from CID.

dead game
dead interest

Hey, is there any youtube channels that Veeky Forums would recommend for someone trying to get into WarmaHordes? I am currently watching a Privateer Press official game and the commentary is pretty hard to stomach.

Arcane Assist do some really good battle reports. Advanced Maneuvers do good battle reports too but the level of play is pretty bad.

www101.zippyshare.com/v/tD5n3bHl/file.html
www101.zippyshare.com/v/I8ypiKez/file.html
www101.zippyshare.com/v/ZblkK9Mr/file.html

Attached: file.png (744x1024, 894K)

Thanks

It's easy to read too much into team events. There are simply too many variables to go 'well, they had a X% win rate, they're fine'.

Most of the sensible people who play Ret (and aren't on FB) have come to a consensus that Ret clearly has some standout individual pieces (Sentinels, MHSF, Halberdiers) and jacks (Harpies, Sirens), but that Ret's themes blow, and that the faction's core design was more MK2 (and pick the best from across the lineup of a lot of sub themes), than to simply pick a sub theme and make a theme force out of it. (Because in Forges, for instance, there are 2 units and 2 solos. Legion of Dawn has 3 units, one of which is worth taking at the moment (Sentinels), and two units that are just bad, and two solos).

Also, for example, in team events you pick your matchups.

There's simply way too much data to look at the at the end number (52%), and conclude that any faction in general, or Ret in particular, is fine.

For example, Ret only had 2 casters with a positive win rate at that event.

In short, worthwhile discussions aren't had on FB. I stopped listening to the Ret group when there was a vocal contingent for a bit claiming that '4Shade was good, no one has unlocked him yet'. Reminds me a lot of Pagani and his feelings about Morv1.