Weekend Warcraft Lore General

best girl saves the thread edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wow.gamepedia.com/Seer_Ixit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So which lore character is gonna get axed in bfa place your bets!

5 bucks on Genn and Saurfang

>worgen model update on the pipeline
>female model update sorely needed
>update happens
>genn dies
>tess gets cursed

Checks out.

Malfurion and Saurfang

I hope they don't fuck up female gobbos!

I'm sure they'll find some way to make me want to race change my hunter.

Don't say that user...

I'm sure it'll come out alright.

Actually, I'm not really worried. I know there have been some changes in recent xpacs that haven't been universally loved, but I think that most of the model updates they've done have been improvements overall. I don't expect goblins to get worse. I'm sure some people will complain. Some people always do.

Now, female worgen? I absolutely expect them to fuck it up again.

How could they fuck them worse after hearing the whole chihuahua feedback?

The chihuahua faces are the result of listening to feedback. That's how I know they'll fuck them up worse. Especially since we know they want to preserve the "personality" of the models and faces in an update.

I remember when they redid the nightelf models and they were great, but then a vocal minority complained they were too bouncy and so then nightelves slid along the ground instead of running. Original designs for female trolls way back when were also more hunched and beastly like the male trolls, but people complained they weren't pretty enough, so we ended up at a point where the male and female trolls don't even look like the same species.

Considering their current face options, things can only improve.

Tell me about your favourite extra-minor faction, Veeky Forums. I'm talking Timbermaws, Sporeggar, those assholes in Sholazar Basin, that kind of thing.

the Nesingwary Expeditions. In a world where the apocalypse comes every 2 years, all the wanted to do was hunt the biggest, baddest game they could find. They're real human beans

The Timbermaw were, in fact, my favourite faction in vanilla WoW. However, my favourite faction across all expansions is probably either the Netherwing or the Klaxxi.

I liked the Klaxxi because they were honest about their allegiance to the old gods

>Netherwing

Grinding their rep was an absolute nightmare but I fucking love the nether drake mounts. Kinda wish we'd see them again, perhaps getting involved with the Azerothian dragonflights. Given they're descended from black dragons, it'd be interesting to see Wrathion discovering them.

if Bolvar raised Nether Drakes as his minions, would they come back as corpse wyrms or dragon ghosts?

>Stillpine Furbolgs
We need them as an allied race.

he's going to pull a tassadar and crash the vindicaar into an old god.
who the fuck am I kidding, Draenei and Lightforged will have zero relevance in bfa since its clearly a horde expansion

Best girls are the ones doing the harpies' voice over in the Broken Isles.

But aside from that, do we know what the fuck is up with the Nerubians ? Did they just all dieded after we helped them reconquer some parts of their Kingdom ? Would they still be aligned with the Old Gods after being thoroughly fucked by Yogg's minions ? What could change in their behaviour now that they're pushed on the brink of extinction ? Since Blizzard doesn't seem like they plan to continue their storyline, I really think we can come up with theories and our own interpretations.

The Alliance and Horde trade expansion relevance. Legion was an Alliance expansion, now it's time for a Horde expansion.

The Consortium and/or ethereals in general

Wanted them playable since I wandered into Auchindoun in TBC

>Best girls are the ones doing the harpies' voice over in the Broken Isles.
>tfw I've had to quit playing WoW to go jerk off after doing quests where you kill harpies
>tfw no insane flying Jewess gf

They drifted away from Old God worship long before the Scourge plopped down on them. It's how they accidentally dug into the Faceless Ones, they'd forgotten they were there.

Also, I think the RPG had a decent bit of lore for them. I know there was one living nerubian who'd traveled down to the Eastern Kingdoms. IIRC he teamed up with some Forsaken guy, despite how much he hated undead, because they both hated the Scourge more.

Void Elves occupy both the high elf and ethereal slot by fusing the two together.

Nerubian lore comes before the Chronicles rewrite. As such, I expect that any future lore on the Nerubians will likely alter them to put them in line with the other Aqir. They'll likely be transformed into a servitor species like the other Aqir offshoots and go back to serving the Old Gods, as that's the only viable role for the Aqir in the new lore.

Did Chronicles ruin everything?

Why not separate soul from body and get both?

I want my energy mummies, velves aint the same

damn you nexus prince shaffar

Pretty much. I think the only things I like from it are the mega-flamestrike, and Lei Shen getting blown out by the Tol'vir. And some of the artwork, I guess.

Actually, you know what, I take that back. The mega-flamestrike looks cool, but it takes a historical moment of cooperation from the lore and turns it into just another piece of HFY-wank. Besides, it makes no sense that no one has tried to do that ever since if it's so effective. The more I actually think about it, the dumber it gets.

Implying it won't be retconned like the RPG books in a few years.

>trade
>MoP was literally "Horde Civil War"
>World of Worcraft: Warlorcs of Draenorc - Grom Dindu Nuffin Edition
>Legion is about the Saturday Morning cartoon villain Sylvannas getting thwarted by those pesky dogs and 25 assholes beating Literally Satan and the greatest existential threat to the multiverse

MoP was about wanking how cool Varian was, how all the elves and dwarves love and respect his rule and High King and how evil the Horde is in comparison

Legion was again about how heroic Varian is and how his son has to become a super saiyan just like him. Also space goats and SCAAARS

Ok Veeky Forums what do you guys think of these dwarf progression designs? Keep in mind I'm still moghunting so a lot of the gear I want for this chart I don't have yet, but should I have more variety in the sets or keep it all of one color?
I also intend to have the Wildhammer tabard for the last one, not the achiever tabard.

The Azjol-anak have found a stash of uncorrupted eggs and are now busy to repopulate their kingdom
wow.gamepedia.com/Seer_Ixit

There was a progression story about how Vol'jin started up a resistance against Garrosh, was nearly assassinated, recovered, and the leaders of the Horde one-by-one came together to fight against the Warchief culminating in a siege of Orgrimmar. The Alliance just road on their coattails and the only Alliance character that was significant to the story was Anduin.

This, female goblins look like crack whores.

>Legion
>Every major player is Alliance
>Helping Alliance heroes everywhere
>Val-fucking-Sharah
>Broken Shore and beyond is Alliance only, no Horde allowed
>Another Warchief killed off, for no reason to boot

Jaina and Varian had a subplot that belfags will never let us forget tho.
>muh detention is GENOCIDE!
>no, the Blood Elves were NOT going to sell out the Horde, how dare you!
>what do you mean the Horde isn't about a bunch of races looking out for nobody but themselves? Of course Blood Elves are a great Horde race! We love the Horde! Lok'tar Ogar!

I really do hope they keep the Nerubians as they are in the RPG. I love the idea that though the Old Gods had become a myth to them, their time as servants had left a subconscious imprint on their psyche to avoid worshipping anything that presents itself as a power.

And Legion story is great. We just had to avoid letting the Horde be part of it to get there.

how is killing large numbers of people based on their race *not* genocide?
>b-but she let them leave
>b-but she gave them the chance to surrender
no she didn't, she literally runs through Dalaran arcane blasting every elf she sees, after ordering the Alliance PC to kill the dragonhawk master to trap them there

The last three expansions have been about how evil and incompetent the Horde are, and how good and clever and noble the Human Alliance is in comparison, and how they're extra good because they keep giving those rascally babykickers in the Horde extra chances to redeem themselves.

Because having dozens moderately powerful characters doing cool crap would overshadow speshul snowflake named characters.

We have Illidan, we can't have a bunch of normal mages doing the Argus portal thing.

Legion zones up to Broken Chore are great, everything beyond is either outright awful or disgracefully squandered potential.

I wonder if we'll get to the point where our characters are more powerful than the named characters, but the rest stays the same? As in, they still get credit, cutscenes and killsteals?
I wouldn't mind that, to be honest

>no she didn't
In Horde Revisionist History 101, maybe. But the truth doesn't change because belffags ignore it. The story overall states that the only blood elves killed were the ones who didn't surrender, and that's the canon that actually exists regardless of your interpretation.

this. The blue-bias has become so obvious that they are not even hiding it anymore

nigga the only story is the fucking scenario, which shows exactly what I said

Looking at the relevant characters in Legion, you got Velen, Illidan, Turalyon and whatsherface fighting the Legion, Tyranda and Malfurion fighting the Emerald Nightmare and the Legion by proxy, and Tyranda and Liadrin liberating the Nightborn. Meanwhile Sylvanas fucks around getting into fights with the Valajar that are helping fight the Legion, and Genn stops her. So that's 5 Alliance characters and 1 Horde character trying to stop the Legion, while the Horde leader sabotages their allies and has to be stopped by a 6th Alliance character.

Nope, the story continues since it's mentioned in the standoff between Jaina and Lor'Themar and even the end of the scenario has Jaina state that the Belves were always given a chance to go to prison willingly.
>but she lied
Or you are. And since you and your entire faction are liars who have been claiming Taurajo was a deliberate genocide as well, I think I know who not to trust.

>the thing the game literally shows didn't actually happen, the story Jaina told to justify herself afterwards is what happened
holy fuck allyfags are delusional

Liadrin is only in the Horde because she is the one elf paladin who must reconcile her duty and debt to her inglorious, dishonorable people and doing what's right overall. She's great in Legion but I see BfA likely putting her "boring paladin" character to the ultimate test.

We've already established the game is non-canon during the cosmology arguments a month back.
Remember the rule of thumb: Alliance bad, Horde good. That's the canon. Interpret everything accordingly and the story will make sense, despite your emotional biases.

I only really started playing Hunter in Legion, did WoW always have this?
>Here are some really awesome new creatures
>But you can't tame them until you jump through some hoops in a month's tiime
>Except for this creature
>You'll never get this creature

>Timbermaw
>I farmed that reputation

I have a wolvar pet and grinded the mirror + bought a ton of reflecting prisms just so I can run around as a wolvar for 5 minutes. They kick ass.

>Alliance bad, Horde good
This is too meta.

>be allowed into an alliance city to fight a common threat
>use it to use WMDs to wipe out other alliance cities
>whine when that shit doesn't fly

So what are they eating anyway?

there were always a select few untameable pets, and others you had to be BM to tame, but the Legion thing where you have to learn how to tame specific classes of pets is new

Looks like plastic props that realters put in homes to make the place look "alive".
Truly, Sylvanas' reign is one of terror.

Not really. No jumping through hoops, there were beasts that you just plain couldn't get at all.

Quillboar. In memory of the Great Mulgore Cleansing.

>a few rogue agents is the one who moves the WMD
>blame the whole race, who was actually interested in rejoining the Alliance
>try to become Garithos 2.0

Power ratings:

Goddess tier:
Liadrin (Holy Pussy)
Alleria (Shadow Pussy)
Xal'atath (Voice Pussy)
Vanessa (Hope Pussy)
Whitemane (Unslayable Pussy)
Khadgar (Khadgar Pussy)
Illidan (Scars Pussy)

Great tier:
Jaina (Angry Magic Pussy)
Valtrois (Sassy Magic Pussy)
Alexstrasza (Life Pussy)
Moira (Dark but still Holy Pussy)
Fareeya (Space Goat Pussy)
Velen (Development Pussy)
Anduin (Boy Pussy)

Good Tier:
Thisalee (Bird Pussy)
Chromie (Time Pussy)
Eonar (Titanic Pussy)
Valeera (Rehab Addict Pussy)
MMM (6 Armpit Pussy)
Greymane (Wolf Pussy)
Darion (Monster Pussy)

Okay Tier:
Thalyssra (Bland Magic Pussy)
Lyleth (Snobbish Pussy)
Tess (Royal Rogue Pussy)
Lorna (Gunslinger Pussy)
Maiev (Justice Pussy)
Bolvar (World Police Pussy)
Jarod (Incest Pussy)

Bad Tier:
Mayla (Cow Pussy)
Rogers (Warcrime Pussy)
Vereesa (Just Bland Pussy)
Azshara (Octopussy)
Voss (Necrotic Pussy)
Turalyon (Cuck Pussy)
Malfurion (Tyrande's Pussy)

Shit tier:
Tyrande (Unwashed Pussy)
Sylvanas (Dead Pussy)
Sigryn (Felblood Pussy)
Aggra (Shit Pussy)
Maiden of Vigilance (Fuck that bitch!)
Nathanos (Sylvanas' Pussy)
Aethas (How did he survive this long!?)

RIP Honorable Mentions tier:
Ysera (She never got to mate with Deathwing T_T)
Xe'ra (Windchime just wanted her husbando T_T)
Amber (Teamkilled by her own people because of a Dreadlord T_T)
Margaux (Tried to protect her workers from injustice T_T)
Aegwynn (Wanted her boy to grow up strong, turns out he's the Devil T_T)
Tirion (Truly the greatest paladin: chivalrous, valiant and autistic T_T)

>blame the whole race, who was actually interested in rejoining the Alliance
Yeah no fuck that shit, they were going to ditch the Horde in time of its darkest need. The Alliance doesn't need traitors, Jaina saved us from a terrible blight.

Thanks guys, knew the about the BM thing, Legion just seems to have so much restricted or unavailable that it just seemed strange to me.
Thanks anons.

There have always been pets you just couldn't get. It's always the ones I see the beast tag on, set up to tame, and then the game just says "haha fuck you"
My favorite experience in BC was helping a friend get her ghost wolf. There was a low level humanoid mob that would summon wolves that were considered beasts even though they had a ghost wolf skin, but they only lasted for like 6 seconds, so you needed to replace about every gem in your gear with haste, have a shaman bloodlust and have a priest mind control + summon the wolves and then hope your server ping was low enough to tame them before they despawned. It took us a good hour of trying before it worked out. And then they quickly removed the glitch. I know they let players keep the wolves but I'm sure they've reverted them to regular wolves by now.

Forsaken have no need of food.
I guess the New Horde may not now either.

Do they taste like pork?

>it's just a violent minority you can't blame the whole race
>who joined the opposing faction that's still more or less in open war with the alliance

>Fun detected
That's a shame, user. Does your friend still have it?

I have to brace myself for disappointment every time I hit that "Beast Lore" button

But aren't they?

Too gamey; all that lactic acid buildup from constant murderhobo attacks.

Not to mention that it's missing the point. Jaina didn't blame the Blood Elves, she blamed the HORDE. So she officially rescinded the neutrality of Dalaran and put every Horde national there - that is, the Sunreavers - into detention. Which is something that happens in situations like this during war.
People deliberately refuse to accept that what Jaina did was a military action to take Dalaran for the Alliance with minimal casualties on both sides and pretend it was an atrocity, because it's an important aspect of Belffag/Horde narrative. Every action taken against them is an atrocity regardless of scale, because of the simple fact it is taken against them and they're the victims.

>Ysera (She never got to mate with Deathwing T_T)
Is there a lore explanation behind this? Did Ysera mention she loved Neltharion at one point?

Deathwing turned evil because N'zoth told him that after the Old Gods took over he'd be allowed to keep Ysera and Alexstrazsa as sex slaves

And as we know, all dragon females want is to be sex slaves so you and I both know Ysera always wanted the lava dragon d.

Haven't talked to her since wotlk so fuck if I know

>Truly, Sylvanas' reign is one of terror.

Do you have a link to where that's said?

Fair enough, you're good people user.

>scientists have discovered what the Horde will look like in BFA (and it's beautiful)

What it comes down to is how extreme that rounding up was, and it's something we really are getting mixed messages on. I don't think anyone objects to detaining the Sunreavers as an organization, that's fair. However, going after civillians who might not actually have any connections to the Sunreaver, just on the basis of them having green eyes, that IS getting into Guantanamo territory. And if Jaina really did kill random pedestrians in broad daylight (which, again, no one can seem to agree on whether she did), I think that's enough of a reason for Lor'themar to be a bit narky about the whole thing.

But yes, imprisoning the actual members of the Sunreavers was totally fair game. Keeping them locked up without trial after five years... maybe not so much.

Need to add Althea.

Uh if we're adding Althea we're adding Captain Nials. Are you sure you want to open those floodgates?

>Goddess tier:
>Liadrin (Holy Pussy)
I'm happy to see Liadrin's not hated here.
/v/ throws a shitfit most times she's mentioned in a good way.

Put them both in 'Okay Tier'.

there's a few people that hate her but it's because they ignore everything that actually relates to her character and just get triggered by a female elf paladin

Liadrin for Warchief

Bullshit! Lor'themar for Warchief. Liadrin doesn't have a cool eyepatch.

alliance bad

horde good
horde family

We're gonna lose Lor'themar, Turalyon, Malfurion (or, preferably, Tyrande), probably Shandris, Gallywix, and likely Admiral Proudmoore.
Saurfang will survive because muh only major orc.
Alleria will survive and go on a void crusade after Turalyon dies, Khadgar will he force to imprison her.
Sylvanas will survive because muh waifu.

On the bright side though, we'll get Vol'jin back as Warchief and he'll actually do stuff.

Reminder that the Horde cheated in Suramar. They should've done the honorable thing and sent one of the bottom 5 of their characters like we did to represent themselves. Certainly not their literal best elf.
>Tyrandbitch implies the Nightborne are getting everything that they deserve because they dared segregate themselves from the world
>Liadrsass spends her time inspiring the Nightborne that it's darkest before dawn and they too can throw off the shackles of mad tyranny
>Tyrandcuck is screeching autistically about how the Nightborne should play meatshields for her sentinel faggot skirmish forces
>Liadrbadass personally leads the charge with me and her strong Blood Knight Vanguard
>Tyrandshit prays to some useless ascended Loa for help and guidance like a goddamn troll
>Liadrinyasqueen channels the Holy Light to vanquish the evil of the demonic Legion

If the rest of the Horde were like Liadrin we wouldn't even be fighting them in the next expansion, we'd just have Tournaments every week to settle who is most chivalrous.

>tfw the quest chain in Talador where Liadrin and the Blood Knights personally step in to help protect the Auchenai from Teron'gor and the Shadow Council in order to pay back the debt she thinks she owes the draenei for saving her people

Stop make waves.

You forgot pic.

When the faction war is over, I want the draenei and blood elves to go be bros somewhere.