Dominaria Leaks

Pastebin: pastebin.com/BXFX3fpU
>Legendary matters as a theme
>Legendary sorceries exist, you can only cast them if you control a legend
>Every booster pack as at least one Legend
>The phrase "mana pool" is not on cards, {T}: Add {G} is the format
> Planeswalker redirect is gone, Lighting Strike reads "~ deals 3 damage to any target" older cards that can burn players or walkers are errrated to say so
> The bar from Portal that divides flavor and rules text is back
>Legends get a new card frame
>"Hexproof from X" is a new wording that means a card cant be targeted by X things your opponents control
>Kicker back
>New Enchantment subtype: Saga. They have 3 abilities when they etb the first triggers, then at the start of all your first main phases, the second triggers and so on. After the third the saga is sacced. (On low rarities the first and second abilities are the same)
>Legends, Sagas and artifacts count as "Historic" so certain effects care about "Historic" things
>Wizard tribal

Other urls found in this thread:

scryfall.com/search?q=o:"add "
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= [add] [{T}] [{G}]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periwinkle_(color)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait. Is that line before flavor text new?

All new is well overlooked old.

>stainglass sword
>stainglass window
>stainglass lolpauldrons
>that hair
>that face
>doesn't even have a shield
>knight
1/10, but its Braille counterpart is a solid 7

>stainglass sword
>>stainglass lolpauldrons
Are you dumb? It's obviously light from stainglass windows being reflected in the metal.

If that were the case the light wouldnt reflect in discrete shapes along the sword length and shoulder, but over all the metallic surfaces. It's shitty glass armor bro.

No wonder she has only 1 toughness.
The worst thing about it is how vanilla creatures look.

Exotic glass with implausible material properties is a cool as heck fantastical/magical material for weapons and armor, though, my dude.

Of course; it's very fitting for a fantasy theme. The representation given here just kinda falls flat for me. I would have liked to see a shield made from the material.

The release notes metioned that there would only be a line on cards that contained both rules and flavortext.

Alright, that's fair.

I'm glad cards will no longer gender players.

We non-binary players age glad too

I'm just glad we got some more compact wording, I know it's autistic but it's a type of efficiency that pleases me.

nah

This. I see nothing wrong with using the same generic pronoun that Chaucer used, as well.

You're still a white male. Do something about that.

You know guys, changing "add mana to your mana pool" to "add mana" is bad for Oracle search.
Back then, I used to search mana producing cards by "add mana pool" but from now on I will receive all "ADDitional costs" and shit.

Turns out that the line of separation between rules and flavor consumes pretty much zero space.

Just add a space. I'm sure you'll survive.
scryfall.com/search?q=o:"add "

I like the more cartoonish aspect of his face.

Funny, that's exactly the example I used when I got in an argument with one of my highschool English teachers. Dick dropped me two marks for it.

Not even new. It made sense as a formatting thing for Starter sets, and since it seems everyone expects new players to jump in wherever the fuck these days it makes sense to do something similar.

wtf he"s broken

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= [add] [{T}] [{G}]
Don't forget that you can also search for tap and mana symbols

I look at cards with Historic on and I dont see "wow, this is a chance to make a cool legendaries matter deck" or "wow, this is a chance to make a cool deck for this new saga card type."

I see "god damn it, another set which does nothing but provide additional support for broken kaladesh artifact bullshit."

>a historic
THANK YOU.
Fuck any retard that says "an historic."

So another flavor-first set, when standard is in shambles?

This BETTER be a noncreatures matter set, too. They always botch their main theme and make the side theme too powerful, but between legends matter and non-creatures matter I could have either.

All powerful noncreature spells in this set require legendary creatures or Wizards to cast.

With all this legendary matters mechanic we could salvage something from Kamigawa?

my second thought when I read all those legendary based mechanics

There must be some degenerate combo here

How do you feel about Jaya, the first planeswalker to ever be a pyromancer focused on noncombat damage, being relegated to being a utility planeswalker since Chandra has stolen the pyromancer slot?

Jaya is pretty sick, actually. I say this as a fan of Chandra Ablaze. It's a shame seething song is banned and if there's a red ritual in the set, I've yet to see it.

Well, we might be able to use the Mox, at least.

saga?

She's an absolutely fantastic utility planeswalker, but still a utility planeswalker, which wasn't her previous role in lore or mechanics.

read through all the patch notes. seems like a pretty mediocre set. nothing stood out to me as super powerful.

that's probably a good thing, considering how fucked up standard has been the last couple years.

>>Legendary sorceries exist
Cool
>> you can only cast them if you control a legend
Whut? Kinda okay, I guess...

>>The phrase "mana pool" is not on cards, {T}: Add {G} is the format
Whut?

>> Planeswalker redirect is gone, Lighting Strike reads "~ deals 3 damage to any target" older cards that can burn players or walkers are errrated to say so
Yes! A million times yes.

>> The bar from Portal that divides flavor and rules text is back
Cut my teeth on sixth edition and portal. That's comfy.

>>Legends, Sagas and artifacts count as "Historic" so certain effects care about "Historic" things
Could be cool. We'll see.

Are those changes permanent or just their ticket to ride the nostalgia train?

That doesn't look nearly as terrible as I was worried it might The portal style -

was absolutely atrocious.

She's an old woman, isn't she? She shouldn't be a blasty pew-pew pyromancer, that role is for young people.

Read the op

The absolute state of Magic

that's it. I'm quitting Magic. MaRo has finally gone too far with his despoiling of the game

>Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive
>1U
>Legendary Creature — Human Rogue
>1/3
>Creatures you control with power or toughness 1 or less can't be blocked.

Gee, somebody must have missed a spot in the big cleanup. Damn Umezawas, crawling back from the woodwork.

tumblr will love this

i think the pronoun change makes perfect sense since it saves text space and just sounds better.

the shitstorm of people patting themselves on the back because of trannies or some shit, and the people getting mad at that, is fucking hilarious however. what a fucked up political climate we're in.

I really hope he's the one who finally takes down Bolas, an Umezawa deserves it way more than anyone in the Jacetice league.

Changing things from being grammatically correct to incorrect is not a change that makes sense, especially a game in which the EXACT wording is EXTREMELY important. Now a huge portion of cards will lose meaning.

I like the fact that it's a more efficient wording, but I dislike the fact that it comes from a place of virtue signaling.

give me an example where changing "he or she" to "they" on a card makes it lose all meaning.

Give an example.

>he
user...

That said though. Are we planeshifting to KAMIGAWA? Is that why this is legends matter?

Now that the cat's out of the bag, I'm really glad we are changing "add C to your mana pool" to "add C". Hopefully nonswimmer players feel more welcome in the game.

All of them

"He or she" is singular, while "they" is not. "They" and "their" cannot refer to a single person. A card that says, "Target opponent discards their hand." means nothing.

Oh shit, well whatever, it's still an Umezawa, the plumbing don't matter. And that'd be too cool so I doubt it unfortunately.

Strong womyn defeats evil with the power of stained glass and feminism

Tetsuo's been on Dominaria for a long time. You're thinking of Toshiro. (This is Tetsuko, a descendant maybe?)

You have to be 13+ to play Magic my dude.

Funny, they is the acceptable term for describing a singular person of unknown a gender since the 1400's, user.

That's why police reports use "they" when describing unknown suspects, to avoid narrow minded thinking.

>that's probably a good thing, considering how fucked up standard has been the last couple years.
standard has been fucked up because the last few sets have been so weak

I can see where you're coming from, since in some cases it can sound weird, but this looks like it's been an ongoing grammatical debate for literally centuries

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

Honestly, I'll just live with it. I'd rather wizards just use "they" instead of eventually capitulating to tranny freaks who insist on the official wording changed to

>"he or she or zhe or ze or xe or xhe or..."

People accept incorrect things all the time.

She's a grandma.

Yeah, the thing is that after Bolas found himself existing again, he went to Dominaria and made sure to definitely kill anybody named Umezawa or associated with Umezawas or even anyone who had allegedly a squinty-eyed grandma.

But clearly, he missed a spot here.

No, you won't. You'll continue to play and whine about it, while feeding MaRo and all of his decisions...

Honestly this isn't even Wizards fault, blame the English language for not having a succinct, gender neutral, singular pronoun. His or her always looked dumb and wordy, so I don't even care if they're doing this for SJW points, the cards are gonna just read better.

It feels good to be Russian.

Grammar was created by the capitalist misogynistic patriarchy and needs to be SMASHED, it's 2018!

"One" and "one's" are perfect.

So how would you incorporate "one" over "they"?

>Doesn't use the super sekrit legendary border
fuck off m8

i know people who unironically believe this

Why?

Bitch you have a special word just for light blue. Your language is the gayest in its part of the world.

First, let it be clear that I would keep it "he or she" and "his or her", as there is no reason to change it. As for some examples using "one" and "one's", here are two.

"Target opponent discards two cards from one's hand."

"Acidic Soil deals damage to each player equal to the number of lands one controls."

because they're retards who were brainwashed by other retards.

No, I mean why do you know them?

Not as bad as Japanese where green and blue are the same.

drinking buddies desu

This is gonna be the first set since Amonkhet that I'm gonna do a prerelease for.

But isn't "one" too ambiguous in that context? It's not entirely clear whether it refers to the caster or the target of the spell.

what is "periwinkle"

he's not saying he thinks the wording should be changed to "one". he's just giving an example to the person who asked for one.

honestly though, that wording sounds like something you'd see in the alpha and beta sets when the wording was all over the place.

It's no more ambiguous than either "he or she" or "they".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periwinkle_(color)
>Periwinkle is a color in the blue and violet family. Its name is derived from the lesser periwinkle or myrtle herb (Vinca minor) which bears flowers of the same color.

tl;dr it's the name of a flower, first and foremost.

Excuse me. What actually light blue have to do with the gay people and why on Earth do you know that to begin with?

Man Jaya's like the only person in her peer group who's not naturally immortal or sucking down slow time gatorade to stay young forever. Must suck.

I wonder if were ever going to see the other elder dragons again.

one of them is IN THE SET.

There's literally no reason NOT to use singular they.
>Chicago Manual of Style (which MTG uses) acknowledges singular they as grammatically correct.
>Saves a little space on cards.
>Scores brownie points with the vocal SJW minority.
Literally a win-win situation. The only people mad about it are people like you who just want something to be mad at.

But I don't want bolas

We're getting a Bladewing family reunion
no Grandeur Bladewing so far tho

Diaagarazz or whatever its spelled is in this set, the OG Elders are all super dead.