MtG Standard General

>Playin?
>Brewin?
>Hatin?

Thread Question: Will Dominaria save the standard?

Attached: rotation.png (445x511, 15K)

Previous thread

I wanna get into standard, just because I wanna play more magic and I only play EDH currrently. Challenger decks will be excellent jumping in points, but upgrading them to be closer to what the "real" decks are should become cheaper and cheaper after their release, right?

Also for UG Energy, how necessary are the 4x Botanical Sanctums. Fast lands are nice, but are they truly needed?

Arguably it will become more expensive since standard cards in general will become a much more fragile investment

Due to what, the supply and demand being constantly in flux? It's late, explain it to me like I'm retarded. Because I'd just assume more product means lower prices.

If you just want to play cards and not worry about when to sell out to mitigate losses, then the release of challenger decks is a strict win for you

Yeah, i'm not super worried about selling. Trading sure, but once it's out of standard I'll probably just keep a copy or two of good shit for EDH decks.

Tell me, what killed standard? I'm playing mtg since theros but only kitchen table, edh and pre-releases for fancy tokens and giggles. I always thought than standard is the "core" and most popular mtg format but it seems to be quite dead. I have done some research in my area recently and it's easier to find pauper players than standard ones

Attached: 1518300783554.png (466x552, 228K)

wotc being ran by cucks

As of this moment, nothing, as Standard's meta is tolerable. The dead atmosphere comes from the fact that it's been atrocious so often lately because it seems like design spends most of their time sucking their thumbs, letting moronic things slip the net leading to things like energy decks dominating. They're worried their cards are gonna get banned out from under them, as well.

This has nothing to do with the quality of standard. A whole bunch of other stuff, but not standard.

Ready to start testing out some mono green stompy feat. Llanowar elves and rhonas

>Playin?
Naya- & RG-Monster
>Brewin?
A efficient Sideboard against UB and Grixis
>Hatin?
UB and Grixis
>Will Dominaria save the standard?
Standard is pretty great at the moment. Lots of decks seem viable at the moment and the matchups seem never to be too one-sided. But I also seem to live in some kind of bizarro-universe, where standard is the most popular format and we have about 20-30 attendees in different standard events throughout the week.

My baby first attempt to upgrade the second sun control on budget. I hope that I didn't actually fucked up the precon tho

//Lands
2 Field of Ruin
2 Ipnu Rivulet
4 Irrigated Farmland
7 Island
11 Plains

//Enchantments
2 Authority of the Consuls
4 Cast Out

//Instants
2 Censor
2 Commit // Memory
4 Essence Scatter
4 Glimmer of Genius
2 Opt
2 Settle the Wreckage
4 Supreme Will

//Sorceries
3 Approach of the Second Sun
4 Fumigate

//Creatures
1 Kefnet the Mindful

//Sideboard
SB: 2 Glyph Keeper
SB: 1 Kefnet the Mindful
SB: 4 Negate
SB: 4 Regal Caracal
SB: 2 Renewed Faith
SB: 2 Spell Pierce

Attached: Budget_Second_Sun_Control_Upgrade_(Standard)_-_Magic_Deck_-_deckstats.net_Magic_The_Gathering_Decks_ (1108x312, 31K)

>Playin?
Izzet Pirates
>Brewin?
Sultai Reanimator
>Hatin?
UB control.

>Playin
Mono-Blue Aggro/Tempo

>Brewin
Zacama Ramp

>Hatin
Being a NEET and still trying to play with my friends with physical and MTGO

>Pic related
Pleasantly surprised with how it runs so far.

Attached: ixalan-028.jpg (740x513, 117K)

Energy being broken, 99% of commons and 80% of uncommons being literal garbage

Looks solid. You should probably pick up Glacial Fortress if possible. Only other thing I'm worried about is how many more plains you have over islands. Most of your early game spells are blue so I'd assume you'd want more blue sources than white, but it's probably trivial anyways.

Attached: gf.png (223x311, 119K)

Oh yeah, I fucked up with basic lands. I hope it will do the trick - I don't want to buy a gearhulk just to have some fun for few weeks and getting two would be an overkill for me

Got an Ixy Deck Box today basically for free, these are my mythics/rares/kewl grabs. Did I do good for free?

Attached: 29066985_10155639042624888_8407181714920570880_n.jpg (466x960, 83K)

Settle the Wreckage and Vraska are good and worth $20~ together, so if it really was for free then you did ok.

*Battle pack/10x booster bundle thingy

weak

I'd be happy. Decent value and number of playables.