EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previously: RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
What cards from the Dominaria spoilers are you planning on using in your decks.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/could/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/boros-spellflinger-1
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azami-tide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

New Karn slots nicely into my fridge deck by making a big fridge based on my number of fridges.
Good shit.

>Thread question
Nu-Darigaaz, and the other four, because you just know they're also getting a new card.

Got to play my new Gishath deck tonight. Had fun, when it gets going it's hard to stop. Sometimes though, it just slogs along, and I'm not sure what can fix that.

Why can't I break this

I can do all kinds of janky interactions with the tokens, but the fact remains you need equipment and auras that are cheap to put on him, and cheap ones are usually bad.

Lyra Dawnbringer, because literally Baneslayer Angel #2 and possible Angel commander lord.

and Tiana, Ships Caretaker.
Slightly odd card, boros Angel + Equipment and Auras matter. Might be good?

Bloodforged battle axe? Shove one on an elemental, then it will make a copy of itself you can shove on the keeper of the flame (Or another elemental).

Just think about the value increase from cheap ones.
They basically read
>(regular ability) when ~ attacks, put a 3/1 Elemental token in play tapped and attacking, exile this token at the end of combat

I'm most definitely going to build Aryel. Gonna be my first tribal deck.
Also Steel Leaf Champion needs to be in my Selvala deck like yesterday.

Evra, because I'm stupid.

Have a myriad of cheap equips, sac 5 tokens to Phyrexian altar for Aggravated assault after each combat. Shame it's not in Boros.

Remember to put in Sundial, if you haven't already.

What do you think about my new commander?

Damping Sphere
Artifact
If a land is tapped for two or more mana, it produces C instead of any other type and amount.
Each spell a player casts costs 1 more to cast for each other spell that player has cast this turn.

Does this work?

shit manga.

I'm angry. ANGRY ABOUT ELVES!

Is Legacy the most autistic format?
Or does that go to pauper?

Sundial, skullclamp, and altar. You can either keep the tokens, draw cards, or turn them into mana.

There is also Goblin Bombardment, which you can sac creatures for 1 damage to any target each. And pic related, it is not as good, but it's way cheaper than phyrexian altar.

Gishath is a bit of high roller deck in tmy experience testing it. Sometimes you run out Gishath on 5 or 6 and roll up 3 or 4 dinos and even if they wrath you can cast him again next turn, sometimes you cant cast him until turn 11 or 12 because your mana wont cooperate. I dont think theres anything you can do to fix it because so much of the deck is accounted for in lands, all the ramp and as many dinosaurs as is reasonable, plus staples. its just dumb fun though. Nothing beats windmill slamming him and rolling the dice to see how much value you get. Hes like a goofier Maelstrom Wanderer.

Nah, it goes to TL easily. People playing TL are like the people who insist that Sanic isn't dead

no, EDH is the most autistic format

No, that goes to cEDH.

It's better in the 99 for both Seton or Ezuri. Nice little card though. New Multani is amazing for Titania.

Sadly no interesting build-around commander.

>Sadly no interesting build-around commander.
Firesong and Sunspeaker got quite a lot of people brewing. Also, I still think that Jhoira can be fun without trying to be just goodstuff.

Wrong. Battlecruiser EDH is more autismal. It takes much more autism to people to cry about every card they disagree with. This is why every LGS home banlists are absolute cancer.

Uh, are you kidding me? I'd almost be willing to bet money shes the premier elf commander and not just "one in the 99". Like what the fuck dude? She isn't priest of titania/elvish archdruid in the command zone but its very close. The only thing im not sure about over Ezuri is im not sure if its more important to have a wincon or a combo piece in the command zone. Ezuri being able to regenerate priest/archdruid isnt nothing either I guess.

>talking mono green cards

I see your claims and raise you 93/94, the definitive most autistic format that exists.

Also, in all fairness, the deck is slightly different with a focus on bounce more than putting all your elves into play, like sabertooth and curio combos, but there was already that overlap anyway.

GRAVETIDE BABY! Been waiting for a sultai deck that hasn't been made to death. Also excited boros finally has a cool commander in the minotaur, and the saproling looks fun too- though my playgroup called dibs on them already. Glad I got my main muldrotha though- just hope it has amazing art now. (Seb or nils hamm please)

Undecided betwen playing Azami Combo or Sidisi mono B storm, givem that I can get the pricy mana rocks just once. I have some cards ike Mond over matter for azami and some other like demonic tutor and cabal ritual for the sidisi one.

Help me decide pls

>93/94
explain

There is a format where people only play cards from 1993/1994

for what purpose? is this a joke at vintage

Reminder that Teshar will be such a fun commander to build

Nice desu ne

When my 14-yo self first traded online for a Treasure Hunter, I thought the guy sent me a copy with the trail and X sharpied on. I was pissed.

Imagine my surprise when I found out it's in the original art.

I actually was asked to join one, but I didn't go. Nothing wrong with "block constructed" kind of deal, but what goes overboard, the cards need to be from that time, so each reprint is a no go and proxies too.

You're only allowed to play cards printed during 1993 and 1994.

Reprint of a card from 93/94? Not allowed. The card has to be printed that exact year. No foreign cards allowed, only English sets.

Tell me that's not the most autistic format ever.

So what does Heartless do if there is some kind of damage doubling effect on the field like twin gods? Does he just one shot players? or does he just deal half and then half of their remaining half?

Just put em in the same sleeves and swap the rocks around

Life loss like that is classed as damage, so it'd double up and kill anyone on even life.

Ok thank you

Why would anyone cut top?

So you can literally say omae wa mou shindeiru

Ackward given the mana shows up indeclare attackers.

Rhox Faithmender
Stuffy Doll
Spitemare
Comet Storm
Destructive Force
Incendiary Command
Wildfire
Volcanic Vision
Dictate of the Twin Gods
Aetherflux Reservoir

>Thread Question
Currently, I'm looking at new Darigaaz for Ur-Dragon. In Xenagos, I'm looking for Radha, Grunn and new Multani.

Blackblade Reforged in Hope of Ghirapur Voltron

Which has rekindled my interest in building Dakkon, actually. Could I get some feedback on:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/could/

mind posting your deck? looking to build heartless myself

I'd say he's better in the 99 of either Godo or some RW deck so that you can get the W equip support.

Finally a commander my manabase is perfect for

I'm thinking about building new Radha. Big mana, big money.

That's not what battlecruiser is though. You're thinking of low power and Craw Wurm.

Don't worry, Muldrotha will be done to death soon enough. It's UGx with a useful ability, so it'll see some popularly.

>sinful Yuri
>not a BG duel land
Honestly I'm disappointed

Top is one of those goodstuff cards that can go in everything, but doesn't need to. It loses a good amount of use if you don't run fetches or shuffle effects.

I wouldn't play with you.

Now user be honest, you'd play with me if I was in your commander pod, and either make one awkward comment about it or just ignore it, then you'd rant about it on here or lie and say you refused to play me

>What cards from the Dominaria spoilers are you planning on using in your decks.
I really don't care much for most of them.
Arvad the Cursed is going into Tymna/Bruse if I make the deck.
I might make a deck with Demonlord Belzenlok or Torgaar, but it's more likely that I don't.
Karn's Temporal Sundering might find a place in Talrand, same with The Mirari Conjecture.

its not nice to call people out like that.

Keeps everyone honest
Veeky Forums is a place of honesty

Is there such thing as a fun artifact deck? I've heard a lot about artifacts being the most op card type and seen some vintage, but in commander they seem to be strictly worse than creatures. I tried most popular ones, but they generally either do nothing to win the game or combo out in the same fashion every time. Artifact aggro isn't good either

>implying battlecruiser isn't low power and craw wurm

I'd play with you and then ask how to make those things

Not him, but I'm a weeb and I wouldn't play with you. If I didn't know what you had, and we started the game, I would just finish it as soon as possible and get out, it's not like I am stuck in an lgs with only 1 pod.

There is a limit to what is acceptable. Unless you are a NEET, you have a public image to zeal.

>What cards from the Dominaria spoilers are you planning on using in your decks.
Torgaar, Whisper and maybe Thallid Soothsayer for my Athreos deck.

Muldrotha or Rona as new commanders for self-milling and looting value.

Best cards for a Saskia Warrior Tribal?

Going up to Chicago I’m a few day for some business, you guys know any cool game stores up there?

If I played you I'd call you out for not going all in and just trying to sneak some lands in
I wanna see a deck of 100 cringy sexy waifu cards, may as well be your color identity

>Thread q
Grunn will fit nicely in Xenagod
In the process of building Gonti so if anyone thinks there's anything black i should add let me know (haven't looked through all the spoilers yet)
Where do i get Russian cards? Every time i go to tcgplayer they never have any

>he thinks that cEDH doesn't cry about cards they disagree with

You mean soldier

Hope you bought Kevlar card sleeves

>had a dream I was making a "blue red tigers" edh deck
But what does it mean?

>It loses a good amount of use if you don't run fetches or shuffle effects.
Does it though? Being able to dig through the top 3 cards of your deck and able to draw them instantly for free seems pretty good even without shuffling.

>What cards from the Dominaria spoilers are you planning on using in your decks
I just bought this bitch a jitte. Bitches love jittes.

Seriously though, she weilds the jitte well. Toshi was my very first commander, he's hella fun, but fell by the wayside after I moved from duel Commander to FFA. I'd like to give Tetsuko a chance, and I'm going to challenge everyone I see with Nicol Bolas to a duel.

For my other decks, Rona and The Antiquities War look good in my Mishra artifact storm deck, and The Mirari Conjecture looks great in my Karona spellslinger deck. The flavor in this set is making my inner Vorthos giddy

Say Anger is in my graveyard, I control a Cinder Glade, but no basic Mountains. Do my creatures still get Haste?

Posted last thread but didn't get much of a response. What else am I missing for a deck with pic related? Also spells cast through Isochron Scepter still count towards their abilities right?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/boros-spellflinger-1

See

You dig 3 deep once and then you dig 1 deeper every subsequent turn which is a lot less impressive. Using it to draw is only a tempo play because the next time you draw you'll draw the top and have to recast it.

It's still good, but with fetches it goes from good to amazing (especially with Urborg/Chromatic Lantern to let you wait with cracking fetches).

>Mishra artifact storm
Oh and Jhoira too. It feels a little weird pairing up Urza's students with his brother but maybe Mishra's going through a redemption arc here. TS Teferi is already in the crew anyway because of his interactions with Possibility Storm and Knowledge Pool

Is edh fun to play in 1v1 games or it's a mainly 3+ players format?

Oh shit I have (you)s disabled for some reason and missed that. Thanks

cinder glade is a mountain forest.
It doesn't say "if you control a basic land mountain"

so how do i build this guy? obviously im going to be doing an equipment theme but is it something iwant to suit only him up with or should this be something where i have my equipment spread out amongst a few creatures?

Repercussions is another one I'd put on the list, because if you're blacting for lifegain, might as well have it burn the player as well.

Felidar sovereign and Beacon of immortality are potentials as well, one as wincon one as masses of life.
I'd be tempted by dreamstone hedron and hedron archive for ramp / cards as well.

so how do i build this guy? obviously im going to be doing an equipment theme but is it something iwant to suit only him up with or should this be something where i have my equipment spread out amongst a few creatures?

there is a 1v1 commander format. Keep in mind decks are different since 1v1 commander has a banlist with all of the fun cards allowed in normal commander

You gotta play it with red. That's where the crazy shit happens. But for the most part, artifacts are combo with a rare bumrush animated fridge win every now and then. Artifact aggro is more vulnerable than creature aggro unless you get out Darksteel Forge or something. They're still easily the most OP card type because they can do just about anything and don't usually require specific colors of mana to do it. This means that you can capitalize on big-dick rock mana and just start jamming machines and building crazy combos.

i'd recommend doing mostly value and answer plays with equipments until you're ready to start winning properly by smashing face with some broken powerful equipments. also, keep in mind that you can flicker your commander to tutor for new equips.

i've been a little interested in him as well, but a lot of the good equips cost moolah so i've veered away for now

It definitely isn't. Battlecruiser just means that things are slower than turbo combo and combat can still be a possible wincon. Battlecruiser still wants good cards and answers, unlike Craw Wurm. It's the inbetween of cEDH and Craw Wurm.

It can be fun, but it loses the political aspect of the game. Aggro becomes more viable when you only have one opponent as well.

aside from the swords which you really only need a few of and the jitte what else is there thats expensive (like over 5ish buckaroos)? i have most of the equipment i need thanks to building yidris voltron which i could disassemble for most of what i need

The golem that throws artifacts at peoples faces seems fun as a commander.... bosh i think.
Puts you in red tho

What does red bring to the table? Goblin Welder is the only strictly broken card I could find, from reusing ETBs every single turn to turning Colossi into Lotus Petals. The "degenerate" Daretti turned out to be mediocre at best, providing no real CA and requiring multiple turns to cheat something expensive into play (which is still removable af) and most of the time gets his face punched. Slobad usually just sits there, enabling Spine of Ish Sah and waiting for opponents to draw into an exile effect or Krosan Grip.

How crazy are we talking here? I'm used to copying abilities with Rings (which unfortunately make Kurkesh obsolete), untapping all my shit like nobody's business, tutoring with Planar Portal/Bridge, spinning Top. Not really keen on stuff that isn't infinite mana. It still somehow feels like a fragile version of UG creature-based combos

That's flavorful, but I guess making them come alive and smash face over several turns as Sydri is more effective imo

batterskull comes to mind

Tell me about her, /edhg/. I've seen that deck a couple of times many, many moons ago, not sure if Snapcaster was printed atm.

People seem(ed) to think it is some kind of tryhard pubstomp deck like Rafiq. Most list I could find include ten counterspells or less though, making me doubt she can stand her ground, while most slots are devoted to value creatures. Needless to say, most of the deck folds to Elesh Norn/Pyroclasm.

I don't really like Inalla, is Azami a better alternative?

Attached: 82.jpg (312x445, 73K)

These are something where I think either youre secure enough just give absolutely no fucks or you're too autistic to give a fuck in the first place.
Shit I sometimes blush when I take out my Basandra mat to a group of new people.

Attached: 1507008987281.png (900x648, 661K)

there are 2 options. You wither build her as a wizard tribal, mostly for fun, or as a tier 2 combo. Keep in mind she won't be as strong and consistent as tazri food chain/Prossh food chain or other tier 1 competitive edh decks, since she doen't hacve access to black for tutors, so she'll be a turn or 2 slower than those.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azami-tide/

The strategy is to win by drawing you deck and havin laboratory maniac on the board. Be sure to include another finisher like blu sun zenith in case they exile your labman/mind over matter