Critical role

What does Veeky Forums think about pic related, since they started back up again recently?

Personally, this group seems a lot better than the last. Travis and Laura's RPing is saving the group as usual. Sometimes it gets a bit too flowery though

Nott is best girl

Really liking the new characters. Digging Caleb especially. I'm even enjoying marisha.

I think I'm tired of getting asked this question every day. It's becoming increasingly difficult to resist the kneejerk reaction to hate something that I know nothing about, because I'm consistently being over-exposed to it.

It's actually just pretty bad, which makes the "shill" accusations ring with some truth to them.
It's really a shock that people find any value in watching very mediocre players with an uninspired DM fumbling around while going through the bucket list of what not to do in a game.

Genuinely asking, no troll. I'm new to tabletops
How is what they do a bucket list of what not to do in a game?

It starts with everyone having a massive ego and being an attention whore, and snowballing from there. It gets pretty cringe-inducing, though it's understandable to some extent for a large group playing on camera.

>I'm even enjoying marisha.

Literally how?

So do the fa/tg/uys in this thread watch that shit for the same reason most normies watch Geordie/Jersey Shore or is there actually unironic enjoyment here?

Marisha is horrible as always. Laura isnt that bad herself but her new character is the epitome of everything I hate in a dnd character. Talieson feels like a background character but Sam Travis and Liam are all great. The only thing that really bothers me so far is that Matt felt the need to create a "genderfluid" guard and point that out everytime anyone came near the guy.

I've always found the players to be relatively entertaining, but Matt as a dm to be kind of uninspired. Maybe it'll get better as the new campaign starts being more fleshed out, but I'm not particularly hopeful.

As railroading as he can be, I'd much prefer to play a game run by Griffin McElroy than Mercer. He just throws all sorts of shit in there and it works perfectly as a story. He's the chad to Matt's virgin.

they all look like really dreadful human beings, but presumably they were selected for precisely that reason.

nice people make bad tv.

Post a picture of a non-dreadful human being.

Every CR thread I see, without question, starts with official promotional imagery, a proper thread title, and the exact phrase 'What does Veeky Forums think about critical role?" with only very slight variation

I don't wanna go all /pol/ about this but this reeks of goddamn shills

No one enjoys Marisha's roleplaying. Even Matt.

Ashley confirmed for Thicc.

This is Veeky Forums's version of e-celebrities.
I mean shit, they only do the exact same hobby you do

It's always a troll thread posted by someone who hates critical role, not a shill. You see the threads pop-up to piss off parts of Veeky Forums.

The only downside to the troll's posts is some people here like critical role, so they take over the discussion. They were kicked out of the 5e thread because 5e general is a containment thread, not an actual discussion thread.

If you don't like being trolled, just hide the threads you don't like, just as everyone else does.

This post is fundamentally wrong on every part, and reeks of desperate shill.

Nigga I made the thread and just found an official image because I didn't know how many people would recognize them if I posted some random pic of them
It's almost like "What does X think about Y" is a common Veeky Forums OP or something

>for the same reason most normies watch Geordie/Jersey Shore
I'm more than sure about this, even though I never watched that crap. Almost every type of blogging activity, whether it is streaming or youtubing, is an extension of reality show genre.

Possible bullshit

Bullshit

No, it applies to more than just critical roll. His post describes a lot of other threads.

>Travis
>Sam
>Laura
>Ashley
>massive egos

They literally play the best characters in second season, with Travis and Sam playing the best characters last season.

I can see how Taliesin, Marisha and Liam are considered ego trippers, but the others I do not see it.

I mostly agree, but I think Caleb is a pretty good character - a much better "loner" type than Vax was, because it's due to his weirdo book-learning autism, not "look how cool and brooding I am." I also think Ashley's character is pretty boring but Ashley is also very very cute.

Would have honestly gotten a bit of respect for the gang if they had switched to a different system in the recent campaign instead of just being WotC's personal advertisers. These people are not "growing the hobby" as Veeky Forums likes to try to argue, they're just growing Wizards' bank account. This is the exact opposite of being good for the industry, because you're just reinforcing that D&D reigns supreme and no other system is worth playing. It's hard enough to get new players interested in anything else apart from what their cherished e-celebs play. Do ANY other system except PF, maybe and I'd be interested in the show.

Apart from that, has it summed up pretty well. I was really hoping the "streaming games general" was going to take off so that we could contain Critical Role to those threads and be done with it. We don't need perpetual threads for this shit, especially when it goes live and it's just Veeky Forums doing a play-by-play of who's fucking up.

I like them all, but Mollymauk comes out ahead. He reminds me of a punkish Hunter S. Thompson.

Ashley's character has been in three episodes so far, and she'll probably be gone by next session. I'm not sure how you can justify rating her character yet.

I would have sex with all of the women in that image. The one on the right is waifu-tier.

I bet Marisha is a maniac in the sack. Just tape her mouth closed and you have the perfect woman.

It's dumb things like this that you guys keep saying that make you sound like tryhards trying to fluff up something that's borderline unwatchable.

It's dumb things like this that you guys keep saying that make you sound like tryhards trying to fluff up something that's borderline unwatchable.

I can't stand any of the females.

Why do people always call them females instead of women?
I don't know why but it just sounds so autistic to me

In my humble opinion Alex Mercer is poo-poo pee-pee.

Pardon? I don't know who anyone in the image is, let alone watch whatever it is. I just noticed attractive women and posted about it.

you know why

Attached: atismu.jpg (900x600, 129K)

Much like your post.

I guess I'm old, because it's truly completely beyond my understanding how people can watch this.

I mean, can't you PLAY something in the time you watch other people playing? And Roll20 and Net groups aren't as bad as they say, you merely need some effort.

Dunnow, it's kinda weird. Like, not even in escapism you can be the hero anymore, you gotta vicariously have "friends" and play RPGs.

Not sayin' people can't watch what they want, but it's puzzling nonetheless. I'd prefer to build a good 2 hours adventure for some internet random (knowing it's mine and mine alone) than watch other people having fun.

Caleb and Nott carry the show for me

Attached: 0f5c58dd-25a4-4f25-895e-a095c76e6c9d.jpg (600x433, 63K)

This

I just put it on in the background while I'm doing something else

it's ridiculous how much they feel like the protags sometimes.

You LIE!

Attached: laura Jester.jpg (500x334, 37K)

>Jester A CUTE

Attached: DX1FUM2VMAAhe1B.jpg (939x643, 148K)

TRUTH!

I would so love to stick my dick in her repeatedly.

I like RollPlay a lot more.

The second to last episode was incredible, I hope the Firbolg becomes a regular character.

Last episode however was a disaster, and an example of how not to play.

Attached: eed717e9-69f8-4763-8cc0-4c6ba057e5cb.png (840x1050, 482K)

I disagree. Last episode had great moments, they were just few and far between

Attached: DX48n3iV4AAIwB5.jpg (500x600, 36K)

Jester is as big of an asshole as her ass is big.

Attached: 4cba79c66b369c85c7c9f981c61d81bd.jpg (564x866, 57K)

I'm still shocked that anyone would take enjoyment from watching anyone play a game. Maybe watch part of a session to help you understand a game that operates strangely (Fiasco or something), but that would be for education, not enjoyment.

I can't even bring myself to read someone else's ERP thread to beat off, and the expectations for that are already rock bottom.

Let’s be honest here, Caleb and Nott are the protagonists of the new campaign. Jester is only really useful for quips, Beauregard isn’t useful at all, and Fjord seems to be fine with taking on the role of party pusher and moral compass. Mollymauk is a wild card, but I appreciate that sinister drawl when he needs to be the party face like with the bandits.

And I’m sick and bloody tired of them thinking that being aware of being an asshole is an excuse for being an asshole. They cheated Bryce out of good money and giggled about how they were assholes for doing it. They threatened Ulysses because they were savage cunts, they fucking tried to ignore a plot thread with a by-then literally decaying plot thread from the last village. The party doesn’t have a reason to go out and adventure, they don’t even have a really good reason to stick together. It’s like the end of the Briarwood arc with Vox Machina where Mercer had to throw dragons at them to compel the party towards even mild heroics.

I don't understand why they got rid of Orion. He was the only one that ever took the game seriously. Without him it just turned into a mess of random shit.

t. Orion

It’s okay to not like the series, user. Personally, I like having a thing to listen to on a Thursday night where I can talk about it happening in real-time with other nerds on Veeky Forums. Considering those threads regularly break 1000 posts, you can see why I like spending time in them!

the concept of twitch is lost on you totally?

Attached: 3f20786b0aaed2aad0cd2efd186da60f.jpg (564x846, 61K)

You don't watch Sports?

They played Honey Heist and Vampire at the end of last year.

How do I find a dnd hotty? I would take Laura, Ashly, or even Marisha. I just want to play the dumb brute barb to my wife's cunning ranger.

Attached: c5bdbd5474afb05b8cfb0af8e7204458--fantasy-half-orc-fantasy-troll.jpg (736x1060, 72K)

Attached: 2d9959a1-5576-4fe2-9175-d3b1034a37d0.png (1280x1032, 1.51M)

The only other thing they could of done is PF or Star Wars. But they would lose the WOtC sponsorships which help to pay the bills.

Are you saying she isn't cute? Her only problem is she doesn't understand dnd rules or real world physics (see jumping off a 1000 ft cliff into rocks and rough waves and expecting to live). She also has a ditzy girl attitude which is outputting.

How old are you? If you’re in college, you can find a bushel of them at the local Urban Gaming Club or other such venues.

>Roll20 and Net groups aren't as bad as they say, you merely need some effort.
I have put in MANY hours of trying to find groups on roll 20 and other net groups. I never get chosen. They are like fucking job interviews where you have to fill out the resume, get thrown into the pile of 50 other people applying, then get tossed aside. The one game I did get into the DM quit half way through the first session.

>tfw I'm in a ton of groups and I just got in all of them by having a chat with the DM in question
>tfw they're all a ton of fun
git gud user

Attached: smug.png (142x171, 29K)

It's not shocking to me, I just don't get it.

I've tried really hard to watch CR, and listen to podcasts like Adventure Zone and it's genuinely agonizing. Like a fly buzzing around.

I just don't enjoy it at all. No idea why, I was able to watch Titansgrave as long as I was watching it with someone, maybe because it was more visual and less shallow laughter and hijinks.

Attached: 1519987908437.png (1377x579, 1.39M)

Beauregard and Marisa shitting the show up.
Laura doing a complete 180 and being the most interesting character.
Texblade is some good shit.
Not best waifu.

Has anyone noticed that the entire cast is white? What's up with that?

White people are superior to black "people". Easy.

They have women, so they get half a pass.

>e-celeb threads on Veeky Forums
The cancer is spreading.

I love it so much, all the characters are great except for Yasha who's absent mostly anyways, Matt is at the top of his game, it's unbelievably enjoyable and memorable.

I wish Yasha was around more

Attached: 4c2b4fee-8d90-4ad4-b49b-0a9499bd238c.jpg (1280x1280, 669K)

I feel the same bro.

Why? Ashley is a shit.

If you like reality TV like Survivor or where people live in a house together: Instant watch
If you don't, instant drop.

>dude in the back
>dude with the flute
>dude next to blonde chick
>white

She's fine

Attached: 41b628bc-9689-47eb-81d9-89ae16c026cb.png (942x904, 212K)

No she’s not, 90% of the memories you have of Pike were from Matt playing her and Yasha has had less screen-time than some guests. She really needs to just leave the campaign but she insists on sticking in that nebulous in-between.

Never moistened to Vox so this is news 2 me

From what I've been able to gather is he got pissed off at some fan art and Travis stepped up in defense of the artist and that led to a falling out between them.

Plus I think Orion moved to the east coast?

But it is weird how they NEVER mentioned Tiberius again until he's discovered dead and even then he's glossed over

Attached: Gwt8-WQ5zgo.jpg (426x585, 40K)

I tried watching em, couldn't get into it.

But I have no problem keeping up with the podcast or listening to all 115 episodes of the first campaign I've had too much free time this last year or so

>Goldfish with antlers

Oh god is that Keyleth?

I’m honestly surprised he’s in the Vox Machina comic

He was also cheating and generally became a dick closer to when they kicked him

The last ep before he left, everyone was visibly pissed off at him but Travis looked like he was contemplating murder

I think he means specifically ttrpg games, not games in general.

What does Veeky Forums think about this stupid fucking thread that we have every goddamn week

He really did love making himself the center of attention

Jester a slut. Nott a pure.

Jester loves big dicks

you have 12 40k threads all day every day....faggot.

Attached: JesterNUnihamsters.jpg (1200x865, 75K)

if you had ever gotten laid you would appreciate sluts more

Attached: giphy (5).gif (348x250, 1.73M)

Crittas please

Attached: giphy.gif (400x400, 3.95M)

Personally for me it's an example of how fun playing D&D is, but not really watching. Even with good voice actors and Matt who is a fantastic DM, it gets hard to watch and go through several hours of. I'm not even paying attention when they're dicking around in the tavern or when they're investigating that undead frog thing. Combat is a snoozefest. The jokes and everyone laughing at every small thing can be grating.

With that said I do like what it is doing and I do like everyone. They all seem like decent folk and it would be great if I ever played with them. Jester and Nott in particular are fantastic and makes the show enjoyable in many parts.

But again. I just can't derive full enjoyment from watching D&D.

Attached: dunno2.jpg (697x767, 70K)

At this point I legitimately cannot tell who I hate more: Critical Role or the people who actually watch it.

Attached: 1488350731090.gif (239x239, 41K)