/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
Stay in formation, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2018-03-09 - Still getting worked on & now has 32411 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2018-02-28!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SOJQbsbpQzo
youtube.com/watch?v=I5w_52r0uI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is proper to praise him.

JAGUARS FOREVER!

youtube.com/watch?v=SOJQbsbpQzo

Clans were cool decades ago. Not anymore.
And with time I actually started to like Smoke Jaguars more. Falcons are loud, narcissistic, annoying and stupid, and tend to attract similar people, with some of which I had conflicts in real life.

So this t.

Plus the Jags have great paint schemes.

Good villains. A shame they had to leave so quickly. One bad thing about BT is they just don't do good villains.
CapCon in the 4th War? Roll over and die easily. Dracs in the War of '39? Apparently got the shit beat out of them and Hanse left because he felt bad for their retardation. Etc, etc.
If they'd written Star Wars the Empire would have dissolved after the first Death Star was blown up or something. Where are the competent, long-term villains that don't get whitewashed or Xin Sheng'd?

Yeah there is a good track record on writing threatening villains

>Where are the competent, long-term villain
Davion exists.

That's not honey, Pooh, it's space chink brainwashing

you guys

recommendations? already have a rifleman 3n and 2 Wolverines but I wouldn't mind having more if my other options are lights.

>NEA probably would have chimed in for funsies, but he's off running some giant conference for stunt theater people this week.

I am indeed. Sorry. No AeroTech discussion or charity responses to MoC trolling till next week.

Also, God bless yoga pants.

looks like fun

You like the Marians, NEA?

They're alright. Fun flavor.

Ok, back to work. First set of classes is about done.

>liking chubsters

Every time I think you can't get any worse you go a little farther

Marians are fun.

more cushion for the pushin'

See you say that, but then you get all tired out while pushin' because you're a fat virgin and not used to physical exertion.

Comment wasn't connected to the pic.

Oh good. Somebodys hurt. Now it's a workshop.

Looks like good times.

What state are you from? Ohio?

Name a more Iconic Duo

Mad Cat and Vulture

Marauder and Warhammer.

Xin and Sheng.

Atlas and Timber Wolf
Low hanging fruit.

Coleman and company money.

You grow up on a periphery world and with your best friend since childhood spend a lot of time practicing on mech simulators.
One day while exploring you and her discover (big surprise) an old SLDF depot. It has two mechs in pristine condition in it: a Blackjack and an Assassin.

While at first you think about selling your claim, your friend convinces you to choose a more exciting life and form a mercenary group with you two as the mechwarriors. Your friend gives you first choice of mechs. Which do you pick? And what do you call your merc company?

Way late, but first, check the status of each mech. Besides whether it can be repaired, check the difficulty of the repairs. If you've got six engine hits and every limb but the CT is blown off, you might want to pass on it.

Personally, I take the Marik Wolverine any day of the week. Don't take the assassin or ostscout. Rifleman is usually pretty garbage too, but if the wolverine is in significantly worse shape it's an option.

Got eeeeeeemmm

I take the Assassin

And assassinate her ass

sexually

Ya I ended up taking the wolverine. I just finished a duel that ended prematurely with 2 PPCs to the enemy Atlas' head. I've never had an Atlas before so I have no idea what to do with it.

While the Assassin has the advantage of being able to run away when the two of us end up out matched by a lance of Goblins and/or Bulldogs, the Blackjack is a better mech. So if I'm serious about trying to be a mercenary then I'm better of with the Blackjack. If I'm just trying to get enough "reputation" as mechwarrior that shooting me and taking it when I try to sell would have consequences then taking the Assassin and jumping about at max LRM range is the best way to minimise the chance of losing it.

Blackjack. Nobody competent is going to shoot the Blackjack first.

Fix the tanks with a long range blackjack head on, take opportunistic side attacks with the assassin.

>or walk right on top of them kick them to death

Maximum keks

>tfw no trueborn elemental waifu

>get one
>she's a Jaguar
>always insists on being on top
>constantly talks down to you

>Then one day you catch her sleeping
>Drag her arms behind her and cuff em
>proceed to remind her how spheroids how cucked her whole clan

Blackjack is better, so I give it to her and take the assassin. I'd try and trade it for something better like a Panther or Toro or another Blackjack

Thank the Lord for that
I ain't into incest-NTR

You know, you'd think this fandom would get more fetish types. We're cannonically chock full of fit men and women in tank tops and bikini briefs sweating around in giant robots in a post-apocalyptic neo-fuedal setting.

It's a Command Mech and seriously nasty on the range the AC/20 can reach. Also if you can get it to meleerange, it will oneshot most mech legs with it's 20 damage kicks.

My favorite request and I never even had to pay for it.

Do the Marians have access to any dual-gauss beasts?

Attached: gausswalls.jpg (1920x1080, 60K)

They should make a miniseries about BattleTech on HBO.

Funmode: They do it from the POV of House Marik.

There is that one story of that one Elemental gone merc who wanted to experience IS dating with picnics and all that jazz. Probably wanted to hold hands and cuddle aswell

A blank screen wouldn't be very fun to watch, user.

What if they did it from the Taurian POV?

You say that like it isn't my fetish.

Can't show literal shit on American TV, mate.

I used to be indifferent but now I fucking love Marauders.

Then why are you here?

Third Succession War, FWL perspective(burgerfags would say it promotes fascism if it shows a monarchy, because burgers are just that dumb), centers around a young mechwarrior sent to a planet to take it over. Show is basically about taking over the planet and all the troubles with that.

Let's do this.

Attached: medron pryde.jpg (250x532, 22K)

Obligatory

Attached: b79f0661bcb3e4545d4586323eaf23b2122d4b58.jpg (613x330, 105K)

I don't watch TV often, but I noticed swears are more common now. Others one show I saw at my parents place about car restoration that was called Bitchin'. I had to do a double take when I heard the name.

>They do it from the POV of House Marik.

Just film Ideal War. It's gritty enough for US TV, with mixed Mech and infantry action. Plus there's that ridiculously hot nymphomaniac countess.

Blackjack
Mercenary company name: Kissin' Cousins
I would have thought someone would have thought of this one already.

I could actually see that merc unit existing in BT with some of the names we'd had.

>gf is a polynesian girl (good genes kind, have met the mother and she stayed trim, as did the father) who is two inches taller than me
>execute smug.gif

They get the Cerberus from introduction and the Gunslinger from 3086, but both are boobie prizes.

That works.

Attached: Paul Masters on the job.jpg (2000x1563, 2.73M)

>he doesn't know about the Polynesian fattie gene being alternate generation

There was that one writer in DA too bad his fetishes where really fucked up. Like torture rapedungeon fucked up. I believe he is the reason Bounty Hunter is a snuff film making psycho. I still can't wrap my head around how Randall or Herbert didn't go Nope on those novels.

I'm surprised at the Cerberus. Isn't that a Drac machine?

more cushion for the pushin'

>Plus there's that ridiculously hot nymphomaniac countess

I'm sorry, wait what?

Becuase Randall is a useless myopic fuck and Herb faps to it too

Who did the art for the title page of TRO 3150?

Anyone have the write-up on the Veles?

Attached: Veles.jpg (509x739, 166K)

Guy who is sort of new to the franchise here. And by sort of new, I've been passively into it for about a year or two now. I find it all very confusing, but that's because I havent read up on it enough and have no one to play it with.

Are AUs a thing? Like, can I just write my own alternate history of Battletech Because it seems like all of the good ideas are squandered or replaced with dumb ideas, and the more I look into it the more common this trend becomes.

Will you grognards REEE at me?

Attached: 1288554648146.jpg (1024x768, 191K)

where'd they find a giant wolf to kill and skin?

space wolf

You can do an AU, we basically all do to an extent. However, when discussing the universe with others, you should cleave to actual canon, otherwise we can't have a productive or useful discussion. So sure, have an AU for your house games, no worries. But here, it's canon or bust pretty much.

And don't think I'm some kind of AU-hating Nazi, I'm not. I have a fairly radical AU of my own that adds factions, removes others, changes up tech progression, and some other stuff. AUs are great. Just not for discussing the game universe here.

Someone will always REEE.

But AU's are extremely common here. Just make sure you clarify it's your AU when you want to discuss it.

Uh, Marians are a cruelty-free peoples
It's clearly fake fur.

Got it. Figured that discussion using Canon only was sort of a given. Cant expect people to know what autism you cooked up for yourself.

My main points would be to make the factions less retarded, or at least subtly retarded. Especially the "evil factions", like Draconis and the Clans. Cappellan to a lesser extent too.

I have an AU where House Davion has conquered the Capellans and a nice portion of the Dracs. They then started a nutritional program of roast beef and vitamins, milk and other protein to make the average cup size, along with some breeding with Davion citizens, minimally a D-cup.
Also double heat sinks in the Combine.
It works out for everybody, I think.
The interstellar clubhouse has a sign that reads: "No crazy german bitches allowed."

It's an "It sucks so everyone can have it" machine. The good shit gets saved for the Cappies and FedSuns.

She's like 1/8th but has the thicc in all the right places along with the tawny skin. Shit is surreal. Gym freak too.

If you run a campaign in Battletech or RPG wise AUs are a thing, Especially popular are the ones where Clans don't show up. And you can ask advise on if stuff you make makes any sense, people will give you advice, sometimes rudely but that is Veeky Forums for you. Just remember when talking in here in general most of it will be talking in the canon lore in mind. Battletech is wargame first and foremost with it's lore how events happened so it tends to be more strict than roleplaying games are in that sense.

Would a Blackjack or Rifleman be a better choice for rounding out the following Lance?
>Enforcer
>Archer
>Archer

They jumped universes and fucked the space wolf yiff marines

Sure, and I'm fucking a cheerleader. You don't need to lie to make us like you on an anonymous imageboard, user.

Draconis Combine is an easy one. Remove the Black Dragon Society or atleast make them less retarded than they where in lore. As in they hate Teddy K for spoling their plans to replace Takashi Kurita, but they realise that some of the stuff Teddy did where actually helping the Great Dragon out. make them less "muh honor" samurais and more of the smiling japanese businessmen that bring mechs to negoations if things don't go so well.

I like the Blackjack more. It can jump around and brawl alongside the Enforcer once it runs out of AC/2 ammo from shooting alongside the Archers.

Rifleman has a glass jaw in that I think it's a heavy mech that less armor than a Blackjack and no jumpjets so I would say got with Blackjack.

How do mechwarriors get their callsigns?

>youtube.com/watch?v=I5w_52r0uI8

Probably the same way most military callsigns are given. They do something embarrasing,stupid or they just simply have name that just screams to be made into callsign.

Who capellan here?

Attached: DX7VqduW4AIW677.jpg (636x341, 20K)

Sell the enforcer and get two more archers, now you're SLDF-ing.

Some mediocre writer like Blaine Lee Pardoe or Randall Bills make up cool sounding ones for them.

oh shit, free star league mech.

Attached: special mission.jpg (430x463, 78K)

>wash out of med school
>fellow DCS aviators christen me "Dr. No"

>night hawk
Well it depends on who you're working for. If it was a nightSTAR I'd take the mech in a heart beat. But I wouldn't take a contract breach for a light without thinking about it.

Believe what you like, mang. Living the dream here so nothing can harsh my buzz right now.

I think the idea of the BDS is fine, the retarded part is making every prominent Drac one even when they're fluffed as Teddy loyalists. Be nice if every attempt to root them out didn't just magically happen to kill of Drac loyalists and entrench them more deeply though.

I sent out my atlas and I faced a highlander. My employer is Comstar so I traded it in since I don't like Highlanders and got a Nightstar in return

Attached: Untitled.jpg (618x184, 43K)

>needs 2 rolls 2
You're lucky your pilot is apparently a physical attack savant because you just about had a very bad day right there

Then you made the exact right decision, and comstar got scammed like a bunch of bitches.