Hero System General (herogen)

Welcome to the (herogen). First time making a General Edition.

Hint: OP pic is just a pic... for now.

Last thread: 58372500#

Question of the day: What’s your favorite build? Feel free to post it.

Attached: 0288DA0F-EF96-4228-B1AE-0503138D84C2.jpg (461x600, 40K)

Oops... last thread
#

Also, Lucha Libre posters from last thread, would love to hear more. That shit sounded like awesomesauce on toast!!!!

Someone have the pdf?

snipli/HeroTrope

Lots of Hero System's books

How often do you use pregen villains? Some of the write ups look pretty good.

I once used Gronn and Dr. Destroyer in non-champions universe games. they were very powerful

Not familiar with Gronn. What’s his schtick?

mispelling of Grond

All the time. There's so many Enemies sourcebooks, and many of them are good, and the time they save you in Hero is nothing to just pass over.

Been pretty intrigued with Dark Champions. Looking at the idiot king and asylum stuff in general. Jonesing to do a not-Arkham campaign now.

Speaking of Dark Champions, I saw somewhere there was supposed to be a Fell’s Point sourcebook, but it never happened.

Anybody know the reading order to follow the Fell’s Point stuff? Wasn’t there a couple of storylines going on?

The 4th edition line for DC was really well regarded, and rightfully so, I think. I recommend pretty much everything for it.

that's about it

Regarding Lucha Libre...

It was in competition to follow my 80+ session Champions campaign but it lost out to a sequel campaign.

The other alternatives were a Champions of France campaign solidly mired in French pulp fiction and comics and a A-Team/Monster Squad/Street Fighter mashup.

Horror hero inbound!

All of those sound great. 80s mashup especially.

Would you say Viper is more Hydra or Cobra?

I'm not sure how you'd even differentiate the two. What's making the one snake group bent on wealth and power different than the other, in your mind?

I guess the difference is in one having supers and the other not? At least I thought Hydra had supers whereas Cobra is mostly tech and mercenaries.

Ah. Well in that case, Viper is solidly in the Hydra camp. Viper employs plenty of supermercs, and have a bunch of in-house supervillains as well. The 4th edition Viper sourcebook especially is loaded to the gills with supers writeups.

Which is the better read? 4th or 5th? I’m just getting into hero, but I’m finding the 4th of most things to read better than 5th, even if 5th is more um... exhaustive.

Although, I do want to run a gi joe campaign someday. And a he-man.... and a galaxy rangers.... Ah, misspent youth....

I like the 4th one more because it has a) less metaplot, and b) more villains (I like villains; I'm one of the reasons Hero made so many Enemies books). But in this case both were written by the same guy (not Steve Long), so really I'd get both.