Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2104: This Old Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Do Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Attached: Jumpchain.pdf (PDF, 5.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aister.github.io/FGO/fgo.html
hillridge.net/SA/Bio Apocalypse.pdf
imdb.com/videoplayer/vi2598608153
youtube.com/watch?v=pOIzwV8SzpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Nrj8EZm9ca8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So...is this the right one?

Whichever one gets more posts early on its life cycle will be the right one. Quick, post now.

Well, it’s the first one.

This one is a few seconds older. Therefore it is too old to post in

The corpse of the last hasn't even cooled yet

But you just did.

I hope this thread survives.

Also, this has the PDF.

The thread is dead.
Long live the thread.

Also, is anyone interested in merge setting documents?

We will make it survive, comrade.

I mean, I'm PRETTY SURE it's murder. It's just I was looking up some wiki entries about drow society and...they're decidedly weirder than I envisioned a dysfunctional spider cult being.

It's like Lolth's trying to run them all into the ground, or something.

Cooking is absolutely a science, go with molecular gastronomy if nothing else. Not always my cup of tea, but it's how I imagine a posthuman being would like to cook.

>a thing
>thing

As part of my numerous conspiracies to bring stability to the Marvel multiverse, I whizzed through time and space to ensure Hela took the Throne of Hell and Nox acquired a crown made of fear to achieve preeiminence among the Fear Lords at a specific date.

While I was doing this, I noticed Ben "the Thing" Grimm floating around the un-space outside the multiverse.

So I decided to solve two birds with one stone by throwing the Thing into other people at juuuust the right moment, so my candidates would haev the chance to seize the crown/backstab Mephisto.

I was surprised at how dizzy he wasn't after the multidimensional equivalent of being a pinball.

Attached: JC Saint Graph.png (500x850, 800K)

If I use the Stygian Reinforcement from Sunless Sea to replace my cock, and then Import that as a Relic from in Symphogear, would the end result be the ability to conjure and manipulate Demonic Sex Toys?

Anyways, I think that any hypothetical Campione jump should just give being a Campione for free. I know, I know, that looks like I just want a cheap powergrab, but I really do think it makes the most sense. The Campiones are the movers and shakers of the setting, and get the best toys. If you ask a jumper "Hey, do you want to be one of the seven (now eight) most important people in the plot, with access to all sorts of incredible powers, or do you want to be just some regular guy that is 100% unable to even scratch the serious threats of the setting?" they will go for the first one every time, unless they're doing some low-powered tourist build where they never get involved with the story. So if it's more or less a given that nearly everyone is going to take Campione, might as well just give everyone Campione.

Think of Loth like the Horned Rat, she wants her people to rule the world but fucking with them is way too much fun.

I get your point, but there's also the option of Heretic Gods.
Though at this point I'm wondering if wouldn't it be better to simply hand it out as an early scenario reward...

On the other hand, being the assistant to one of these guys would make for a good inversion on jc usual powergrab habits.

As I recall, the last time this came up, it was suggested that you shouldn’t try to make the jump cover both campiones and mortals, since the two are so different. Instead, one jump for campiones, and another for mortals.
After all, if the series is named after the campiones, they probably deserve their own jump.

being a god is the reward for fixing them from being 'heretic' and going 'heroic'.

Just because "everyone" is going to take a power in a Jump doesn't mean you don't charge them appropriately for the privilege. If a power makes you one of the top people in a Jump, you need to pay for it.

Nah, being a Heretic God sucks. Don't even bother with that.

Yeah, it would. So if someone happens to be casting Detect Magic, you'd ping. I don't think that helps against the total concealment, but they'd know something is up.

Stuff like True Seeing and such would also see through it completely. But that's pretty rare.

You are welcome, draconic friend.

Attached: mistform.jpg (960x762, 162K)

>Instead, one jump for campiones, and another for mortals.
>After all, if the series is named after the campiones, they probably deserve their own jump.
Stop this fucking shit. Worse than the problem with the "A Certain" series. There isn't even a title thing you can use here to try and justify a switch. Make it good, or fuck off.

WIP 1.4

did some updates, feedback appreciated

Attached: Bio Apocalypse 1.4.pdf (PDF, 6.01M)

They are 'heretic' because they went outside their legends and are interacting with the world out of their own free will?

That's, like, your opinion man. I still think is only fair to give all the options, even if it's obvious that most will select something in particular.

Where did you get the card? Can I have a card?

Attached: 20501fc9acf6447c6dcdd053d1ab1978--hairless-cats-sphynx-cat.jpg (236x300, 14K)

Good luck with the jump. Really looking forward to it.

Zee monster bone doesn't really have anything to do with Hell directly, so I think the "hard as Hell's contracts" bit is just a metaphor in this case.

I think your cock would be more likely to conjure and manipulate swarms of eldritch sea horrors like fish with spider legs, lightning if you think it has something to dow ith Storm or just straight up transform into a giant eel sticking out of your pants, if you think it's an eel bone. Giant eels from the Zee have been known to take human form and produce children.

That makes sense, yeah.

Sure. Although, not all pics squash well into the generator's format.

aister.github.io/FGO/fgo.html

Attached: jc2.png (1344x756, 1.24M)

Interested in what now?

No, fuck off. Stop breaking the everything.

No, it's not like that. You're thinking of it as being the strongest guy in a setting full of strong guys. It's not. You literally can't be relevant to the plot unless you're a Campione. Heretical Gods can not be reasoned with, that's why they're heretical (well, technically it's because they've manifested as inversions of what their personalities are supposed to be, but part of that makes it impossible to reason with them). You can only meet a Heretical God's actions with violence. And only Campione can do that. Literally, it's impossible to harm a Heretical God if you're not. They're immune to physical harm, and they have such insane magic resistance that there are only two spells in the entire setting that are even able to scratch them. So since everyone else is completely irrelevant, being a Campione isn't being the highest power thing in the setting. It's being an average level of power, with a bunch of cannon fodder running around and being inconsequential. You need to be a Campione to even rank on the scale of power, no one else matters. So it makes sense to give it for free, so that you can be relevant to the plot. Just like Fate makes you a Master for free, or Exalted makes you an Exalted for free , or even Worm makes you a parahuman for free.

But they were on earth at one point without being heretic, right? Find away for them to come back without being a mini apocalypse.

I don't know what are you trying to pull here? I'm not doing some scenario for "reforming" gods.

I just can't take that pic seriously since it looks a fart cloud.

It is glorious!

Attached: download.png (500x850, 714K)

Was there an Imperial Guard Jump in the works?

Attached: 2C0D9129-F69D-4140-8B46-25CDC4977246.jpg (1414x1000, 370K)

Hey Ric, good luck with the Jump. Really looking forward to it.

Attached: Thumbs Up.jpg (720x480, 76K)

It's hard finding pictures of clouds that look decently like dragons, okay?

Attached: The-Cloud-Dragon-e1343565951682.jpg (500x400, 36K)

At a sluggish speed, yes.

If normal humies couldn't kill heretic gods, there wouldn't be Campiones, so you are categorically wrong. A Campione jump shouldn't even offer the option of starting as one, you should have to earn that the normal way by killing a god like every other Campione has, with the capstones on offer making you more likely to succeed in that.

Any kind of perk or items that people want to see?

hillridge.net/SA/Bio Apocalypse.pdf

Attached: Not Mars.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Just a heads up you can post pdfs directly. That said I want to read this real quick.

...Is this an OC setting?

>If normal humies couldn't kill heretic gods, there wouldn't be Campiones, so you are categorically wrong.
Campiones are born, not made. They're not just ordinary people that happen to kill a Heretical God, they're empowered by destiny to do the impossible. Either you're not a Campione and never will be one or you are and just haven't earned your powers yet.

>A Campione jump shouldn't even offer the option of starting as one, you should have to earn that the normal way by killing a god like every other Campione has, with the capstones on offer making you more likely to succeed in that.
Though this actually sounds pretty cool. I'd be down for that, it sounds like a neat idea. The jump starting you with just the destiny of a Campione, and requiring you to actually attain it yourself. It deals with the issue of whether it should be free or not, it is and it isn't at the same time.

He said its not. Apparently its some setting a kid came up with.

Gotcha, hope you enjoy, Need feedback and word to improve the WiP

>...Is this an OC setting?
>He said its not. Apparently its some setting a kid came up with.
Sixth grader wrote the comic and its been passed around on the net

imdb.com/videoplayer/vi2598608153

Attached: Fetus-form Jumper.png (251x410, 117K)

>Campiones are born, not made
Fuck you, I don't care. Don't make a Campione jump if you're so attached to this idea of 'relevancy', you insufferable cunt, anything you could produce would be terrible anyway.

Ok so done reading.

Virus perks just like. Stupisly good science and biotech perks for making viruses.

The ability to summon the angel of death

The ability to talk to God when High

Buyable planet fetus
Space moon colony tech

How about a build?

Jump 019: Arpeggio of Blue Steel

Background: Captain

Perks:
+ Status Report!
+ Naval Academy Graduate [Captain]
+ Hard to Port!
+ Unfathomable
+ The Third Side

Items:
+ Tiny Ships [x2]
+ Sharp Uniform
+ Hakugei-class Submarine
+ Thanatonium Supply

Companions:
+ I Am Your Ship - Importing Toaster from Fallout: New Vegas
+ I Am Your Ship - Importing Stealth Suit from Fallout: New Vegas
+ Old Hands

Katia - Crewman - N.A. Grad. (Sonar Ops), Smooth Sailing, Repel Boarders, I Believe in My Captain, Sonar-Grade Earphones, Naval Commando Gear, Cadre of Robotic Maids

Hrist - Same, except Naval Tactics as specialty.

Bea - Same, except First Mate as specialty and Sniper Super-Weapon System instead of Robot Maids

Marceline - Same, except Diving Officer as specialty and Seehund Swam instead of Robot Maids

Peridot - Crewman - N.A. Grad. (Engineering), Smooth Sailing, Good News, The Limiter's Totally Busted!, Mecha Fetishist, I Believe in My Captain, Sonar-Grade Earphones, Naval Commando Gear

Toaster - Mental Model (Abnormal) - All Perks and Free Items, Little Ones [x2-, Heavy Vessel (Heavy Cruiser w/ Super-Graviton Cannon), Light Vessel (Vampire-class Destroyer)

Stealth Suit - Mental Model (Abnormal) - All Perks and Free Items, Light Vessel (Minesweeper), Light Vessel (Supply Vessel), Light Vessel (Submarine)

Story: In Progress

The story will focus on character development for Peridot, Toaster, and Stealth Suit. But if you're looking for a hint of the tone... videos related.
youtube.com/watch?v=pOIzwV8SzpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Nrj8EZm9ca8

Picture might be Yoro arguing with a now much more heavily armed Toaster.

Attached: 876335298cc9f30c6de0b34ba972d063.jpg (1280x720, 306K)

So you don't know anything about the setting and are just yelling against the idea of giving Campione status for free because you wanted an excuse to yell about powerwankers. Got it.

I feel like when you ascend you will become beerus.

>So you don't know anything about the setting
I've read Campione, I just don't fucking care for your bullshit.

>Ok so done reading.
>Virus perks just like. Stupisly good science and biotech perks for making viruses.
>The ability to summon the angel of death
>The ability to talk to God when High
>Buyable planet fetus
>Space moon colony tech

Cool, so far this is what I have done

I have the virus as a background, but you can cause world ending terrors with your science

Angel of death can be summoned by scenario, bonus challenge mode allows you to have it as alt form

Talk to god is the scenario

Planet fetus set as alt form

You get colony, New Jerusalam and Luna. Human get discount

Attached: 2572023401_9e32264e6a_o.jpg (500x471, 40K)

Are there Jumps where you've wanked the insertion of fanon elements for the hell of it?

Attached: World_map.png (1000x875, 1.06M)

Right, right, the fact that you needed to be informed of basic aspects of the setting isn't telling at all. Okay.

So... would you prefer being a Campione as a reward from an scenario instead of a perk or origin?

Attached: DXmLjMFUQAAZWn4.jpg (560x900, 80K)

I still think it sounds like a capstone boost thing

From what everyone else is saying that sounds like the best route. Not everyone is going to like it, but it makes sense with the whole destiny angle being discussed.

Perk please, as much as I love scenarios it feels like it would fit better as a perk.

No. Scenarios ate just free powers.

Street Fighter, when you are an order of magnitude stronger it might as well be a lewd setting, my Jumper spent rest time busting Shadoloo and more time impregnating womyn

Attached: Z95V2Mp.jpg (800x950, 96K)

It could be interesting. But I think it'll probably be easier to construct the jump if it's just a perk.

Personally, I don't. However, it is your jump to make, and given your track record I'm sure it'll be good regardless of what you come up with.

Perk.

I didn't fucking ask you about the setting, I already fucking knew, you told me because you're an insufferable dickbag who's so up his own asshole he has to pretend other people are idiots just to maintain your self esteem. You're fucking retarded.

My current chain is made up on combined settings/jumps. I've started making documents detailing the settings, with event tables based on drawbacks and stuff.

Insertion, distension...
I've done it all.

>mfw I wake up the thread had died overnight
>it's just more of the same again
You guys should really call for half-time or something. Play some commercials and take a breather.

Noooooooo
Somewhat. The plot of this is going to be one big Kara no Kyoukai reference, especially when the other shoe drops

If you squint, you can probably see it coming.

Attached: FemHeavens.png (900x1253, 789K)

It's been a fucking minute since I was involved in that setting, but a perk tree seems fine enough. I don't recall anything particularly impressive about it, but I also when thinking about making it myself was puzzled for perk trees to make. I would limit myself because there isn't a lot there to work with from the beginning.

Probably best as a capstone booster or origin

It shouldn't even be in the jump at all. If people want to be a campione they should earn it the normal way.

How do you decide what goes together?

>I would
I wouldn't*

Yes, yes. Of course, you know the setting even though you demonstrated a clear lack of understanding for the premise. My explaining it to you was just me being a condescending jerk, not you honestly not knowing. This isn't some pathetic attempt at deflection on your part now that you've been called out, I'm the bad guy.

For me it should be general perk.

Attached: 1519011611640.png (1200x1000, 369K)

I'm not very creative, so I basically throw settings together that are already similar. You know, all the zombie jumps into a single merge, a handful of Fire Emblem jumps into another, combining Otoyomegatari and A Brother's Price. Pokemon and Monster Hunter. That sort of thing.
Yoro started combining settings that I wouldn't expect, like Path of Exile and Adventure Time, which I think is more ambitious/creative.

Offering Campione as anything but a scenario reward is untenable at best and a complete fucking disaster at worst. It honestly shouldn't even be an option to get it from a scenario, it just leaves to much open for powerwanking from people saying they're a campione of YHVH or something and would cause every build to be the same. Don't even bother, make them kill a god if they want to become literally the strongest thing in the setting bar none.

Not that user, but yes, that is exactly what happened.

You really don't help your case by acting like a condescending asshole in your post just now.

I dunno, you kind of look like the faggot right now.

I don't know, I think if you give a little appendix with an example of all the canon Authorities you should be able to provide context for the proper level of power. And then if anyone tries to wank insanely you can just point to Wandering Avarice or whatever and say "do you really think this is an appropriate Authority?"

I picked my starter from there.

Which one?

Jumper, tell us about time when your experience in a jump was radically different from what you were expecting!
I, myself, learned that the plot of Digimon World 2 is fucking terrifying from the perspective of a Blood Knight.

Attached: over-face.jpg (1024x738, 67K)

Yeah, I got angry and overreacted. Just kind of frustrating how this user doesn't know about the setting and is yelling at me anyways, and then when I called him on it started being this passive-aggressive little shit. But getting more passive-aggressive in response was a mistake, it didn't help my argument. I need to work on that temper.

Hey chilli out. Campione should be buyable cos it's main focus of novel. It's like you would not offer Boosted Gear in DxD.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 16K)

If people want to wank freeform bullshit superpowers, they shouldn't be getting it from a perk. They shouldn't be getting it from a background either. And appropriately priced Campione option in a jump where not everyone gets it for free should cost 2000 CP. It just shouldn't be offered considering all Campione were normal humans to start with anyway, and giving people that much power upfront and the license to wank it however they want...just no. I'd rather have no jump at all then let that happen.

Aguade

Hell no. Make it a perk. Especially if it's almost impossible to become one otherwise.

Try not getting angry at text on a vietnamese basket weaving website, dumbass.

Considering Campione literally cannot happen unless it's preordained that they will by destiny, the jump should just fiat that you will never become a Campione by any circumstance or means whatsoever. It's really the only way a jump of the setting could ever be made.

How do you handle points, do you just have 1000cp to spend across all the docs in question?

Val DBS Jump when?

Attached: 446CAA3D-D0B1-49AF-8743-0158DD55B923.jpg (1000x5308, 1005K)

Aw, thanks man. I appreciate that. I still like your way of going about it as well. Throwing a bunch of similar Jumps together works for keeping a specific theme in place while allowing you to do fun alterations to the world itself. But I have to admit, I have so much fun imagining what two very different worlds crammed together would turn out to look like. Though it does make deciding where to go next in a Chain much, much harder.

Seeing someone throw together an actual Document for the merged settings would be pretty neat. But it's probably too OC to ever make it on the drive.

Attached: Jackalope.png (1027x961, 717K)

Bullshit. That guy literally assumed that Campiones were made from killing Heretic Gods. You either are that guy or didn't follow the conversation at all.

So, general perk, in the end, seems to be the more favorable path?

Well, there're already perks for gaining powers from beings you defeat. Gaining authorities isn't that different, just that exclusive to Gods, and one per slayed.

>58415592

That's stupid. Beyond stupid. You should feel band and ashamed. Not deserving of a (You).

If you make it a perk, at the very least have the decency to have it just be that the perk gives you the potential to become one and not that it makes you one outright.

Yeah, but we have plenty of jumps that do that already. How is this different from...well, from nearly every jump with magic, actually?

You're just being shitty, now.

Wait, is the Underdark Jump potentially back on?

That's literally true though. Argue semantics, 'preordained' or not, they become Campione only after they kill a Heretic God. If you feel the need to insist that this matter of literal irrelevant bullshit is so important, then I'll honestly say In know the setting better then you do.