Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2105: Magic Hands Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Attached: 1520704186460.pdf (PDF, 5.9M)

Going to alternate universes (i.e. canon, fanfics, etc) to show companions how things could have gone different, best idea or best idea?

I'm waiting for ZnT so I can drag Louise around to meet alternate hers.

Not that guy, but pathfinder doesn't seem that weeby to me, at least at first glance.

I suppose I should just go ahead and drop this.
Anyone who uploads this to the drive is an idiot, btw.

Attached: [Vigor Mortis].pdf (PDF, 106K)

I was poking fun at the tradition of having weeby animu shit for the OP.

fifth for chumpchain

Make sure to show her all those awful fanfics where some OP character from another setting is summoned as her familiar. Give her some context for why you kept spontaneously cringing every so often when you first showed up. "See, this is what I was trying to avoid becoming. Please tell me I succeeded. Please."

What's your current theme?

Attached: Violence.jpg (750x600, 69K)

Turkish

Hikikomori

Attached: Comfygross.jpg (1200x900, 184K)

Biology.
Steel is strong but flesh is so much stronger.

Fluffy Loli Yuri

Why would you assume fanfics are part of the local multiverse without a drawback to ensure it? Seems kind of silly desu.

I never get tired of seeing that.

Cellular biology.

What’s the story behind that filename?

Attached: ww1-permeable-simplexene-fighting-suit.jpg (1080x720, 216K)

The Gamer

The MC is performing youth surgery.

They said I had to go out.

They didn't say I had to interact with people.

...Actually, slight problem. Where can Kikikomori Jumper pick up a pokemon team, since I failed to do the actual pokemon jump? And people would probably throw shit at me if I tried to do it not first.

The MC can use death magic to become intangible, which he uses to help de-age cells using said magic, and doing so feels really weird/good.

'Crafting' for main chain.

'Kaiju' for off chain.

Attached: youbetchya.gif (500x279, 462K)

>performing
I think "committing" is a more accurate word here.

Conquest.

I'm having fun and that's what matters

Attached: Nazi Occult.jpg (1200x809, 432K)

Looks shit.

Pokemon Conquest? I doubt anyone seriously cares.

what jumps have good royal waifus to add to jumpers bloodline?

I don't understand anything in that pic.

Masked Hero.

Bumbling punch wizard botches a planes walking spell and tries to find their way home while completely lost.

Ghoul females cease physically ageing when they first conceive a child, and live for a few hundred years. Vandalieu (MC Shota Damphir) is effectively increasing her lifespan through soul surgery.

Apparently it feels good. Getting younger does that to you.

Attached: Ghoul Rivalry & Redhead.jpg (245x359, 37K)

This isn't quite what I thought it would be at first, but it's a really neat adventure document. The Challenges section especially. It's certainly an interesting idea to help people chart out some random elements of their story.

>I don't understand anything in that pic.

He is getting a magical artifact from Tibetan monks.

Attached: Sturmbannführer Dr. Maximilian Schimana.jpg (564x1479, 70K)

goddamned shotas.

Makes sense that Yorokonde supports replacement jumps.

SORCERY. Also, hearing voices.

Attached: Philosopher's_Stone_Success_and_Failure.png (471x443, 311K)

Incessant stress, conflict and alien perspectives warping the mind.
Then hit relatively peaceful settings. Madness Jumper just went to Harry Potter.
Despite the sudden devouring of Voldemort's primary soul fragment, things are far from peaceful.

>Challenge Table
> 3d6

Right now? Piracy. Given his history and the face the Coordinator just have him a six-vessel fleet to play with,Main Chain Jumper going to have some fun on the high seas. While six people, 18 androids, and 12 robots wouldn't normally be enough to run six ships, apparently these run mainly off AIs and can be run with minimal crews.

Of course, two of those AIs are the Toaster and Stealth Suit from Fallout: New Vegas. So... yeah.

You're suffering of X-COM levels of accuracy with your shitposting. But don't give up. One of these days that 99% chance will hit.

Attached: Anne and Mary.png (853x1200, 723K)

Why would you assume they aren't?

Wadanohara has three: Uomi, Mikotsu, and Tosatsu. Mikotsu and Uomi have way more raw power to offer, but the former needs a lot of help and therapy as well as purification, and you'll need to reconcile her with Uomi if you want them both. Uomi will be happy to be with her sister again, but Mikotsu will probably need help to understand that her sister isn't, and never was, her enemy. Just...be careful. Jealousy is what helped lead to Mikotsu being corrupted in the first place, along with the Sea King being a shit parent. Make sure Mikotsu doesn't see you as favouring her sister. Tosatsu, while not as powerful, is still pretty strong, but also kind of crazy, with a fierce temper that leads to violence very quickly. The temper can also fade quickly though if you're able to explain the situation or have a close enough bond with her.

Attached: Princesses.jpg (427x600, 105K)

It's just a phurba, mate.

Instead of outright replacing Van do you think it would be possible for us to suffer alongside him? I like the idea of him having a friend through it all.

I mean, if they're mandatory, why roll?

>Toaster
Did you give him a death ray?

Alright, I said I'd have it ready today, but I didn't think I'd actually manage to keep that promise. Here's the next WIP for Needless.

I'll probably need to churn out one more version to take care of any lingering problems with my changes here, but otherwise, the jump will go back to being "completed" and I can go work on my other jumps until I decide to tackle scenarios.

Attached: Needless Jump Version A.I.pdf (PDF, 470K)

Right, about to start a Marvel arc. Recommended order? Pic obviously unrelated.

Attached: Gol_Gol_no_Mi_Trap.png (1205x720, 1.72M)

So do you have any actual justification for why Adams get to get 200 points for a 100 point drawback? Can the other origins get a similar benefit if you won't change it or are they just told to get fucked because they're not the main star of the jump?

"The numbers indicated in the second column represent the likelihood of encountering a given challenge. Roll 3d6 and compare the result to the first number. If the result is less than or equal to the number, the challenge influences the next chapter, episode, or mission your jumper is involved in. The percentile number following is the probability of such a result."

He's built into a Heavy Cruiser which is made out of nanomaterials and supertech. He's got eight torpedo tubes, a pair of anti-aircraft guns, two heavy machine gun nests, four artillery cannons, and five banks of double-barreled 20 cm cannons. All of them running off alien gravity laser tech. That's not even counting the Super Weapon System he has that's capable of blowing up small islands.

I think we're way past death rays here.

>phurba

That doesn't stop it from being a magical artifact. Especially after reading up on it learning of it's uses, It could just be one of the few real ones

Attached: The Nazi Occult - Djinn of Zerzura.jpg (1200x809, 390K)

Jumpers with themes are in a state of bad faith.

His swag skill has no off feature.

Jump starts you in Lambda, you can just show up there. The ever growing drawback tree lets you start a life in origin as a 102'nd reincarnator, or replace Van, and a few far less pleasant ones involving Origin.

Attached: Ghost Mom & Dhampir.jpg (695x1034, 474K)

You absolute madman.

Can we just not do the Lolicon drawback? It's unbalanced and only there so people get the origin at an unnecessarily cheap price.

Yes, but for the ones that are mandatory, why list a target number / percentages?

I can understand why you'd be bothered by it, but so far this is the best solution I've been able to find.

Not only is it just too fitting not to make Adams take Lolicon in some capacity, charging 800cp is gratuitously overpriced, 600cp with drawback feels way too cheep, and 700cp isn't much better than 800cp, and it's ugly, I've yet to find any one pricing scheme that's sat well with me.

Are you completely unfamiliar with the concept of random encounter tables?

>No Lolicon drawback
>In Needless

The only saving grace is apparently the transition from toaster to ship came with a few extra emotions besides RAW BURNING HATRED FOR THE OMNIVERSE! Like contempt. Irritation. And Self Preservation.

So there's that.

Attached: 92a328254e018312679793ecc19a2959.jpg (1000x739, 435K)

Never post that image again

Question Valeria. The Third, Fourth and Fifth Magic stop their description before Centuries. Do they *cap* at decades? Or can you go beyond and if so what could you do

Are you completely unfamiliar with the concept of mandatory meaning 100%?

Jesus christ.

Look at how much these guys get. They're superhumanly strong and get two amazing powers that make them start at high levels of power in the setting with the potential to get every other power. You've got powers priced in the 400 and 600 range...that this power could get easily. The power copying alone should be worth 600 but you also get incredible shapeshifting powers and boosts to your stats on top of this.

How in the name of the lord is it not worth 800 when you get all that? How is it fair to any other origin that this one origin gets more for taking one drawback that isn't as bad for them, because of how strong they are?

It is abjectly, inarguably unbalanced and poor. This origin gets so much stuff compared to any other origin or option in the jump that it needs to cost more.

What's wrong with that image? It seems practical to me. I'm assuming the gun has some sort of shoulder brace or something.

"Roll 3d6 and compare the result to the first number. If the result is less than or equal to the number, the challenge influences the next chapter, episode, or mission your jumper is involved in."
Mandatory means you have to roll to see if the challenge/drawback in question matters during the next bit of the story/game. Does it really need to be spelled out that you need to roll for each challenge, each time?
Honestly asking, because I can see how it wouldn't be obvious, in retrospect.

Was this a bad time?

Attached: extremists.jpg (960x960, 65K)

The girl is firing from the stock. The barrel is the stock.

You can probably go beyond that but I have no idea what you could do past that, hence why the descriptions just don't go beyond it. Shouldn't be hard to figure something out.

Yes.
Yes it is.

Alright. You're not willing to change this unbalanced mess. Fine. At least stop being a lazy shithead and give the other origins something to compensate for Adams getting a better version of a drawback. Give each origin the same thing and it'll equal out.

Impractical weapon systems are a lot of fun though.

Attached: 02b647f4c2546875ea3f13268cedada6.png (1810x1280, 1.36M)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's not practical at all considering it shouldn't even be able to fire comfortably since the firing of the barrel and heat and sound will fug you and your hearing up since it's next to your ear and even more importantly the gun wouldn't be able to fire since it's a 50.cal and the firing mechanisms are in the back, which nothing is connected to.

Attached: War-What is that.jpg (236x353, 17K)

Oh! So "mandatory challenges" means you must roll for whether they occur in each part, not that their chance is 100% regardless of what the table says. Okay, that makes sense.

I've decided to add some more explanation in the document, thanks for letting me know there was an issue!

Necromancy/magic/spacegod

I wonder if ghostrider powers would turn my bigass spaceship into chrome with hellfire?

Also I am so damn tired. I just want to rest.

Attached: 1431186855872.jpg (528x480, 55K)

How bad an idea is waifuing a retcon-genderbend-perk/rule63-lewd-jump version of Wolverine?

>nothing is connected to
Long piece of wire or rod inside the gun between the trigger mechanism and the firing mechanism.

But the rest, yeah, I wouldn't want to fire that thing.

>How in the name of the lord is it not worth 800 when you get all that?
Ok, that was my bad, I could have explained myself better.

800cp is probably fair to charge in the grand scheme of things, but the "blow all your cp on one thing" approach just doesn't sit right with me. I know it's super selfish, but I feel like nobody would be able to appreciate the super cool perks I made for Adams if I charge all that.

However, I'd be more willing to change it if that were the only reason. Because there are also a few people that seem to feel it's completely unbuyable at 800cp, I'm not certain who to believe.

>Give each origin the same thing and it'll equal out.
No... I don't think that will actually resolve anything. Besides, Adam is a species option, not an origin.

Do it anyway. Seriously the first jump thing is basically just tradition.

Also she's wearing a mini-skirt, and the chamber discharge is right behind her

She's lucky to get away with tiny scorch marks from the size of those bullet casings hitting her legs. POSTURE, WOMAN. POSTURE.

Two words: Lorena Bobbitt.

Is that the dagger once owned by ghenghis kahn?

Two perks - pain toggle & regeneration

Strike Witches is a fun jump.

Attached: there's another image with these two, but it's something that would go on u.jpg (777x1100, 918K)

>Wolverine's personality
>Laura Kinney's appearance
Not sure that's a good idea, Bub.
But don't let that stop you.

Justice. Also Waifus.

...one group is telling you that your choices are unbalanced because of straight numbers. The other just wants power.\

Please don't just make choices because you don't want to make something as expensive as it should be. That's just bad jump making. You are not pricing things as they should be priced and unbalancing your jump. Don't make things cheaper because you want them to be.

Has AdmiralAnon ever talked about updating Deus Ex: Human Revolution to include stuff from Mankind Divided

Attached: Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-1080-Wallpaper-1.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

>Even if you buy a Fragment that developed Stigmata in the canon, your own copy of the power will not have that same potential. Without purchasing “Gift of Eden” you do not have the natural potential to boost your Fragment to that level. At the very least, not through Eden's Seed injections. The only way to get a Fragment of that level without buying it, is to copy it from someone who has already developed a Stigmata.
But why?

>The only way to get a Fragment of that level without buying it
But this is only relevant if we did buy a fragment on that level.

Also what if we copy it from someone who can develop a stigmata but hasn't yet?

>Tries to write a 'You're a great general' perk.
>Words refuse to flow right.

Welp, I guess that's enough progress on perks for one day. Suppose I can still work on descriptions for origins, locations, and cultures, and start brainstorming on items though.

If anyone has any suggestions for items they want to see in the Bronze Age Collapse Jump, I'd be happy to hear them.

Attached: V0uvY copy 2.jpg (175x392, 14K)

You're right. That's selfish. And really shitty. Your only defences so far have been that a different price would be ugly or that you want it to be cheaper because you want it to be cheaper. That and relying on it being cheaper being more popular, since obviously it would be.

Popularity, cosmetics and your personal greed. You really think those are good reasons to put unbalanced choices into your jump?

Spawn 1.3
No changes from last post.
For the anons that are worried, I'm still at Issue #211, which means I've probably read more than the anons who are whining about it. If they've read it at all, which I'm inclined to doubt, currently.

Halo (angel) still needs a 400CP perk. The only suggestion I've gotten is something along the lines of 'nullify Hellspawn/opposite alignment powers", which is a bit much for a 400CP perk and doesn't make sense in the context that it was "God" that did that at the time.

For those that are worried about it, the current plan is:
Step 1: Finish this baseline Spawn Jump, with five Origins, with the 10 years (according to the comics) ending just before Armageddon and Spawn's rewriting of the world.
Step 2: Deploy. There will be work done in these months.
Step 3: Come back with a DLC-type expansion/supp/whatever you want to call it, to expand into the latter half of the series, including Armageddon and the shifts in tone, scope, and style that occur post Issue #166, which begins Spawn's "rewritten" world and ends in Al Simmon's suicide and passing of the Spawn mantle to Jim Downing, which begins a whole new slew of rules-changing and focus shifts.[/spoilers]

Attached: Spawn v1.3 .pdf (PDF, 1.99M)

Yes, but they disappeared. Sadness.

I'm a fan of the rule of cool, but when things like that are trying to be impressive and tacticool it just looks awful. That image you posted just looks plain awful along with the tank mech thing since it would just crush her

Apparently it's a "Phurba"

I hated this setting with a passion but I don't mind Kanacolle. Why is that?

Attached: War-E75 Firing.jpg (1599x689, 177K)

How would it not resolve anything? This species IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE. How can you not get that through your thick skull? This species gets benefits above and beyond the points it costs unlike any other species, just because it is for the Adam species.

It is unfair to the other species and anyone who takes them. It's unfair to anyone that takes the Lolicon drawback without being an Adam. It is so blindingly obvious and you are purposefully ignoring it because you're trying to chase being popular with power wankers.

>Words refuse to flow right.
As someone who often has that problem, looking at other examples of that perk help you get some idea on what to put.

I was afraid you'd say that.

Or, and this is just a suggestion, you could not make a jump you know is purposefully left incomplete and let someone else handle it if they want to before you get back.

Christ even this plan of yours is horse shit. Why would you not include Armageddon in the first 'part' of this jump if the second half focuses on stuff with a different tone? That makes no sense