Time for a MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON THREAD

Time for a MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON THREAD

Attached: tumblr_inline_obwpmpWn0L1tqzb4f_raw.jpg (1275x1706, 882K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Catastrophic_Dragon
pastebin.com/SNsNz9uA
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/Magazines/Dragon/351-400/Dragon Magazine - 365.pdf
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 4th Edition/Supplement/Player's Handbook Races - Dragonborn.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FUCKING KNIGGERS

Attached: 1520716145.png (985x985, 732K)

Hey /dragon/, how do I get a qt green gf?

Woah, surely you can aim higher than that? Well, at least nobody out there is actually looking for a white.

Attached: Sea-monster_015511302.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

How do you differentiate between Dragonborn, and those with prominent dragon ancestry?
Like... Grandmother is a dragon close.

You don't. Because it doesn't matter. They are not even a quarter dragon at that point.

Attached: 1432505719.jpg (850x1200, 691K)

Actual Dragon/Human hybrids are sterile.

If sleeping with a dragon just once forever changed your bloodline so that generations afterward your descendants gain magic powers, reptilian like eyes, claws and patchy bits of scale I'd say draconic blood is a lot more prevalent than say... elven.

Attached: big cutie.jpg (737x1048, 615K)

Hey, anyone got any more of the 4e dragon art? All I have are the Catastrophic Dragons.

post them

Attached: 67534890_p0.jpg (2480x3720, 1.22M)

Dragonborn look like humanoid dragons, as in, dragons that shrank down and developed a bipedal posture.

Half-dragons/draconic creatures look like humanoids (or whatever) with dragon bits stuck on them. Random patches of scales, tails, wings, horns, claws, fangs, deformed faces... anybody remember that early 3e Dragon Magazine article which actually looked at half-dragons?

Can't. Satellite network connection and restricted to "offpeak" output. Captcha times out before it can upload even the smallest image.

You can find all of the Catastrophic Dragon artwork that I know of here, though:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Catastrophic_Dragon

Does anyone have any pictures like this that show a dragon in multiple forms at once? Preferably with a female dragon?

Attached: In+dampd+all+dragons+have+the+ability+to+shapeshift+into+_e803be7eebb0c517e6ba2b5029fb33d7.jpg (700x895, 346K)

What’s the best explanation for a Dragons Hoard and a Dragons lair?

Like sure they are greedy and like privacy, but how many caves are there in mountainsides? And how hard would it be for them to raid human lands for gold and carry them off to their lairs?

I favor the explanation there was once a dragon worshipping civilizations, with the temples being their lairs, and the tithes being their hoards.

Attached: dragon vs beholder.jpg (900x635, 237K)

I have a thing for feathered dragons.

Attached: Nightfury.jpg (540x766, 74K)

Attached: ideal dragons.jpg (304x462, 31K)

Attached: faerie dragon.png (425x560, 431K)

Attached: snake hydra dragon.jpg (1280x1856, 826K)

>how many caves are there in mountainsides?

scads, dude. This is not a limiting factor.

Large enough to House a Dragon and Dungeon Complex?

I like this Dragon's head and colouration.

Attached: Drasmorx_Queen_of_Tides-1920x1200.jpg (1920x1200, 1.32M)

Attached: charizard 79.png (397x412, 300K)

“Remember with your heart. Go back, go back and go back. The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not here, humans miss them. Some never think of them, of course. But some children, from the time they are small, they look up at the blue summer sky and watch for something that never comes. Because they know. Something that was supposed to be there faded and vanished. Something that we must bring back, you and I.”

Attached: royalassassin-port.jpg (1500x723, 181K)

This is why I like it when the dragon lords over a bunch of kobolds.
They dig out massive complex cave systems around whatever huge cavern the dragon chooses for themselves and mine and raid caravans for tribute.

Attached: dragon tintaglia.jpg (540x311, 30K)

Disney has more dragons than I remember

Question to all: Have you ever used a dragon (or one inspired by) from a popular media in your campaigns?

Attached: 1520726570413.jpg (1080x1080, 221K)

That’s a good explanation, and it comes with built in mobs, I approve.

dragons are based on smaug, who was the last dragon of his world
he sacked a mountain fortress city that had a gigantic horde of gold, and laired in it
it was the only pile of treasure anywhere near that size, anywhere in the world

in real life, caves aren't too rare; as long as you're in a karst, there'll be some around, but they're rarely big enough for people to live in, much less giant ass dragons
most caves aren't in mountains, as far as I know

my point is, drop that shit and do dragons how you think they'd make sense

personally, I think they should be rare, not necessarily intelligent, and not natural (whether creations or demons), and most shouldn't be too big (large, with a few huge ones, anything bigger than that and it should lose the classic dragon shape)

Ah, but Tolkien based Smaug on earlier myths for dragons, the myths of treasures stemming from the Greeks because Dragins were made to guard treasures by the Gods, Erebor being Tolkien’s explanation.

I already outlined my explabation. Extinct Dragon Worshipping Civilization.

alright, but why would the civ worship the dragon?

also, if the dragons are made by gods, then the caves can be too, or the caves can be melted/clawed out by the dragons

dragons are very big and very strong, and its already unrealistic for them to fly, so I see no reason they can't fly with a light or medium load like any other creature

I have a serious nerd fetish. A deep would be fine too if I were comfortable underground.

wow, that's deep

Hi /dragon/, I am a kobold looking to serve a demigod like I know frequent this board. Please give me something to do for your gloriousness!

Because it’s a giant flying firebreathing lizard?

How hot would there fire need to be to melt stone? How strong would it need to be to dig through that mountain?

It isn’t about the weight, it’s about getting ahoards worth of tiny gold coins in its claws.

Greens act mean and cold, but deep down they're sweethearts. You won't have the best time of your life like you would with a black, but if you're looking for an intellectually-minded cutie to snuggle with, greens are great.

Win her over with offerings of treasure, especially "living" treasure - wizards, scientists, military strategists, etc. If you're smart, she'll be really interested. If you're smarter than her, she's never going to leave you, but I hope you're ready for the clingiest lover you've ever had.

H-how does a human girl find a smart dragon (female) to engage in yuri activities with? Asking for a friend.

You have two real bets: old and older, and young adults. The latter are old enough to be open to romance with anyone, the former are just so horny they'll fuck anything with a hole.

Green dragons are exactly what /r9k/ talks about Stacys. They'll act nice at first then brutally betray you.

Unlike stacys however, they don't do it for chad, and you end up dead in the end.

Attached: 1478389920307.png (520x390, 33K)

gross

Attached: 15207157332.png (1173x1003, 596K)

Well yes but this seems to be a pleb dragon thread so I doubt you’d appreciate kanna

Attached: 833DFB79-C44F-4962-B26D-3DD8B60D18AD.jpg (1800x2048, 133K)

Don't listen to this guy, he's just ThetaBrass. He's a huge knightfucker who cheated on his green gf with a fucking ELF and got mad when she broke up with him.

What's your experience with golds?

Attached: dragongold.jpg (844x624, 276K)

Living treasures expire.

Diamonds (and real treasure) are forever.
Stacy is such a stupid term.

>What's your experience with golds?
I am a bad, bad, little knight who is getting Gold art. feral lewds/spoiler].

forgive me

Attached: pepe dragon.jpg (1280x720, 488K)

There's more space below-ground in DnD than above-ground, so yes.

dunno about the temp, but stone only has a hardness of 8

it could carry chests of gold, or force people to carry it on foot

>/spoiler]
welp

Attached: Sad donut- That donut in the bag looks sad that he doesn't get to chill in the bowl..jpg (768x576, 299K)

Golds are fine. Now these, THESE you have to really be careful about. I know what some of you are thinking, they're exotic, they're refined....DON"T.

Don't even think about it unless their 10,000 year old clan patriarch father, is dead.

Attached: 1331174218.png (660x926, 1.21M)

Okay, but how many chests can it carry in its claws? Presumably in the midst of a raid while everything is on fire?

Prissy assholes who always think they're in the right, but they're all soft doms. If you're a soft sub you're in for the time of your life--if you don't drive each other crazy over morality arguments.

REMOVE DRAGON remove dragon you are the worst reptile

What is that

Attached: sand_dragon.jpg (400x446, 108K)

four legged skysnake

Did that one hot story by red/silver ever get finished?

Did that one dreamanon dude ever post more stories about his dreams with dragonbro?

Did the tiamat guy ever finish his date with tiamat story?

We need /dragon/ more often!

I'll be writing a cute romance. Still have to work out the details though.

>Did the tiamat guy ever finish his date with tiamat story?
Was it this one?

pastebin.com/SNsNz9uA

Attached: zeitzbach_tiamat.png (1280x960, 1.73M)

obligatory

Attached: Toon_DragonMap.jpg (1500x2603, 2.49M)

If you mean pic related guy dreamanon, im still around, lurking. I got a couple dreams i had feat. Dragonbro, if there is interest.

Attached: drakslep_L.png (956x856, 23K)

Play some games with her

Attached: a dragon doing dragon things.png (600x600, 200K)

I like requesting dragon/insect hybrids in the drawthreads.

Attached: Drachnid.png (600x1000, 178K)

The age old question: Horns or Tail?

Attached: a dragon and a drider once met in a dungeon.png (800x800, 370K)

What do dragons do for companionship?

So what's the story of 4e Dragonborn, anyway?
Where did they come from, what are they like, what do they do, and why do they do it?

They gave their lives to be reborn into a draconic being with the help of a dragon eggs

>DRAGON THREAD
Fun!

Attached: 1520662667095.png (1053x1200, 761K)

That's 3e, not 4e.

>can't even into transparency
As befitting a true pleb

>green
>poker
go is the green game

Horns all the way. You can beef up a tail with some healthy eating, but you can't fix ugly horns.

>you can beef up a tail with some healthy eating
____THICC_________

But yea tail > horns. A thicc tail and belly means the dragon is a good predator, or is well off enough to be able to do that. Horns are nice, but the tail is a true symbol of status.

>go

I thought Uno is the Chromatic's patrician game of choice?

Attached: Disney_Princess_Uno_Special_Wild_Card.jpg (647x995, 162K)

Attached: d106d179b61ddb03bf65c964feb88dc8.png (700x847, 252K)

Mythical origins? They got three; they were made by Io as companions to dragons from lesser versions of the same elemental spirits he used to make dragons, they spontaneously rose from Io's blood when Io was killed, or Io made them to be his chosen race, and then he made the dragons as murder-machines to fight the Primordials.

In-game, they are the remnants of the fallen empire of Arkhosia, which battled itself to a mutual kill with Bael Turath, which was like Satanic Rome/Diabolist Byzantine and the origin o the Tieflings.

Easiest way to tell you more is for you to check out their splats; Ecology of the Dragonborn in Dragon #365 covers their physiology, psychology and current history, whilst Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn expands upon their history and beliefs.

rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/Magazines/Dragon/351-400/Dragon Magazine - 365.pdf

rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 4th Edition/Supplement/Player's Handbook Races - Dragonborn.pdf

>transparency should be on everything

t. philistine

Hello fellow dragon friends! it is me, totally a dragon too! might i join in?

Attached: 1519778786803.png (3000x3000, 2.91M)

Attached: 1507775923884.png (297x257, 20K)

Hey /dragon/ I have a theoretical question. What if you were a human who hated being human and wanted to become a dragon? What is the fastest and most efficient way to throw away your humanity and ascend to a greater form? Just theoretically asking, hahaha.

Attached: 1519513096496.jpg (2865x4046, 1.17M)

True Polymorph. Or you could offer your body to a silver. They'd love to swap bodies with you.

Thanks for the thorough answer, bro, I appreciate it

Depends on the kind of dragon
Sell your soul to Satan (evil)
or
Find a benevolent wizard / magical dragon to polymorph you

>find a dragon to "polymorph" you

Attached: Untitled.jpg (717x615, 267K)

Would a human with dragon blood who obtained dragonhood be just as much a dragon as a true dragon? would they be able to sire draconic heirs?

Attached: 7260a316.jpg (864x560, 61K)

This guy gets it.

Attached: 80243381-cartoon-dragon-with-sunglasses-showing-thumbs-up-gesture.jpg (1300x1300, 115K)

Mixed dna halfbreed. An abomination. Kill it.

Attached: 3920451.jpg (1385x900, 350K)

What's a good system for a dragon campaign? As in all the PCs are dragons.
I'm kinda thinking Risus to keep it simple, but I'd like to hear some suggestions.

Attached: 354235642.png (1280x1840, 1.42M)

How about a kobold achieving dragonhood?

Attached: led-01.jpg (1200x540, 132K)

GURPS. It even have a sourcebook dedicated to dragons.

Attached: 77eee339.jpg (1920x1170, 1.3M)

Attached: 958699ac.jpg (1000x667, 461K)

Attached: thunder-01.jpg (1100x789, 150K)

Attached: betterman01.jpg (800x533, 53K)

Attached: betterman08.jpg (1200x1200, 142K)