Honest Question

Friend told me to buy 100K worth of ripple @ $1. He sent me money. I bought it for him on my exchange I had account with and held onto the xrp through the crashes and dips for him until now, watching charts all day and night no sleep.. Now it is 300K. What do you anons thinks is a fair commission to ask for?

Other urls found in this thread:

dadi.cloud/r/rz8kc2l38w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

10-20k

A quarter.
Hold till morning will likely be $400,000

>no sleep
whats wrong with you? it's not your money, why are you stressing out about it?

if you agreed to a number beforehand, use that, otherwise it's not fair to ask for anything after the fact.

cash out now but dont tell him then act like u cash out at a different time when it goes down so that its still like he made a lot but then u keep some

50% net profit. Everytime they bitch about it, add 5%.

One Asian woman.

We didn't agree because I'm an idiot. And I'm poor af right now.

I was stressing because I didn't know when to take profits, but I am so glad I hodled.

I was thinking of asking for 20%, I know it's kind of high but I wanted to see what you anons thought was fair.

listen to this user boyo, 'eees talkin' sense

I do 50%. Anything lower than 20% is a waste of your time. I'm not a professional hedge fund manager, I don't have hundreds of millions/billions.

yes this is smart, but I don't think it will go down. I think it will go to $5 soon.

Plus I want to be honest, as he is my friend.

20% seems fair

He should have made his own account

Ask him what he thinks is a fair percentage.

don't be a faggot OP. do 15 percent and make sure you take a cut for your taxes also

Thanks for all your honest opinions guys, I'm really struggling here. The only thing is we did not have any agreement beforehand, I just thought a common was implied on profits, but like I said it was very stupid of me.

A service is worth a lot less after the fact, people just get greedy and say "that's my money"

I already did , he said "let's do a commission from now on" and I'm like that's total bullshit

Because in reality XRP could, theoretically, gone down. And then would you have expected to pay him?
It was his money, he took the risk. You just provided an intermediary service for a friend. So I would ask him what he thinks is fair, and be grateful for whatever it is.
(And if it's extra stingy, maybe friends-off for a while).

>be OP
>friend hands you $100k which turns into $500k
>keep $80k profit, 20% of profit
>send friend $420k
>be 2019, us gov shows up
>you owe 40% of gains on taxes
>OP has to pay 160k to gov
>friend is long gone

from now on lmao thats messed up if he doesnt want to give u anything out of this

Did you seriously not agree on terms beforehand? What an idiot.

that's what I'm saying

why was it your job to take profits? what kind of weird arrangement did you even have?

I already admitted I'm an idiot with this mistake, but not an idiot in general.

I'm managing his funds, so it was my discretion. Don;t see why that part is hard to follow.

your fault for not agreeing to anything before hand. if you try and kike him out of money he probably won't go through with any other trades with you, i know i wouldn't.

you have to take a cut for taxes user. read this

Yeah, I catched up reading the thread. You could simply told him you sold somewhat lower than you actually did if he's trying to trick you into getting nothing. Remember, and tell him, that's it's perfectly reasonable to expect a fee for your work. Otherwise he should have fucking done it.

you're only taxed for what you cash out yourself, just going to send him the xrp or btc back to him if i sell if for btc, then he can liquidate

Oh shit that’s actually a really good idea

also OP sack up dude. the money is in your account and tell your friend he should be happy with whatever fucking gains you give him

how good of a friend is this? ur literally holding 300k, i'd move out of the country lol

>crashes
That shit has been going up since $1 with a few small corrections

lol, fucking clueless. his friend could get OP in serious trouble if he wanted, trading on behalf of somebody else is illegal.

take it all and tell him to suck on a lemon

If you are bullish on ripple you can convince him to sell at $3 and then you "owe" him 300k. Then don't sell for a while and say the exchange is being weird with your funds. Ideally you can sell at 400k and keep the profits and then pay him back the 300k. Worst case scenario it drops back to $1 and you owe your friend 300k. But then you can tell him you got hacked or some shit. His fault for risking that much money with someone else.

You fucking stupid OP.

THis will end wrong, nice guy syndrome is NEVER GOOD. I just hope your friend is not a grill, fucking beta cuck

this, or just say you already sold at 2,50 or sth, ez

+ ask 5-10% commission on top

you will have to pay taxes on the whole thing

should have settled terms before getting into business. i mean come on 100k you should have legal contracts done up

follow this advice if you want to die op
fucking with people who can toss 100k around isnt smart

100k satoshis?

Move out the country and lay low. Come back but in a different state, the money is all yours to keep.

>Because in reality XRP could, theoretically, gone down. And then would you have expected to pay him?
A number of professional traders still charge you. Any bank savings portfolios that have an annual fee are doing exactly this as well. OP has every right to ask for at least 10-15% here.

you are going to pay the tax on it so don't forget to factor that in

you cant just say you sold at one price and then sell at another. its hundreds of thousands of dollars he's gonna want to see the record.

dudes so rich he throws 100k at op like its a joke lol. tread carefully op, ask him what he thinks is fair. since no agreement was made beforehand you just haveto go along with what he says

get ready for dadi

dadi.cloud/r/rz8kc2l38w

comission only on top of profits, don't be to greedy if he's your friend, this could be a window of opportunity for more

>actually sell XRP at the price he wants
>send BTC to different account on same exchange
>buy XRP
>account 1 on the exchange has the proper record since it wont show transfers in the same place as purchases