Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Age of Myth Edition

Please stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do not respond to bait, hide, report, and Party on dudes (And dudettes)

>A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6 (embed) (embed)

>Core rules
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handbook 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Nagash
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Portents
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>Daughters of Khaine (DoK) PDF
mega.nz/#!5cI3ATaL!2FnDYkQnjUzgY3_A6DVvQ8IOwHf4BoagXwk5Y9NducI

>Latest Story
malignportents.com/story/time-of-plenty/

>Thread Queston
If you could create one unit for any faction what would it's tabletop role and accompanying fluff be?

Attached: Rage.jpg (978x1771, 1.41M)

Sell me on starting a grot army. Open to any clan but im not as excited about spiderfang

>faggy OP edition

So what are your favorite match ups? Do you have a recurring foe who's army feels like a properly thematic foe for your dudes?

You should play Moonclan. An army of half mad grots who are lead by even madder grots tripping on mushrooms. We get to field herds and herds of what are essentially bouncy mouths with legs. You can even ride them if you like.

What's not to love?

Attached: warhammer_40000_squig_hopper__by_agregor-d38kabv.jpg (756x1057, 175K)

Human benis into snek bagina.

Attached: AoSKhaine-Feb21-Image6c.jpg (320x252, 47K)

Why make a new thread when the old one's still on Page 4?

>Blood and Skulls LMAO.
Is there anything worse than Khorne fags?

I'd make a new unit for the seraphon, not daemonic, it is the first of a new generation of spawnings decended from the old lizardmen refugees. Plumed and dromeosaur like, they'd be dubbed the hot bloods, and would be somthing like jump infantry

I play mixed Death and I often play against my girlfriends sylvaneth. Feels fluffy with the whole life vs death aspect going on.
Always lose because my list is fluffy as hell but when I win I play to make a unit of 10 grave guard and kit them with heaps of Ghyran looking stuff, like I've risen my enemies and twisted them into my own servents.

based

so where to start? like I have no idea where to begin with grots
anything i should look out for? anything i should avoid?

>CUZ THEY'RE HOT BLOODED, CHECK 'EM AND SEEEEE

Guy who asked the original question here.
I read run them in like blocks of 40 to make the most of them

Just sing the grot-modified version of Strange Fruit, do a shitton of shrooms, and wear a Klan robe. It'll come to you.

Squig hoppers aren't so good so avoid those if you're being competitive, always use spears for your blocks of Grots, try and run them in groups of 40 or above, always have Netters, Cave Squigs are great, as are Mangler Squigs. Your HQs are squishy so look out for that.

I like this direction, the seraphon daemons are the face of the old guard, the legacy that this new generation feels compelled to live up to, warmer then their ancestors they work better with the mammals as they are now fellow warmbloods

How many nets in a unit of 40? Any way to save a bit of money on the squigs Alt models or whatever?

Childhood is admiring Sigmar, adulthood is realizing Chaos is right

>Dispossessed Construction Crane
>Dispossessed are natural builders. To aid in their construction of Order cities, they make use of great steam powered machines.
As long as the Construction Crane has not moved in its last turn, it can construct a piece of scenery. When constructing scenery, set up a piece of scenery within 3 inches of the crane.
Constructed scenery cannot be within 12 inches of each other.

>Duardin craftsmanship
Constructed scenery provides bonus cover for units within range.

The construction Crane can additionally be enquiped with either a wrecking ball or a Stream drill.

>steam drill
The construction crane along with one unit can tunnel under the ground and emerge anywhere on the board but not winthin 12 inches of an enemy unit.

>Wrecking ball
The construction crane swings its mighty runic gromril ball st the enemy.

Once a turn in your combat phase, you can choose to inflict D3 mortal wounds on a target. +1 mortal wound if the unit was within cover.

I have 9 in my block of 60. I wouldn't mind more. Kromlech does 6 Squigs for 25$, which is just one Squig more than GW's Squigs for basically the same price. I haven't really looked at alternatives very much.

>some gay ass crane
>not mole machines that act as deepstriking transports with the option to replace the Embark/Disembark rule with a gun of some fashion mounted beneath the drills
Gaaaaaaaay. I want a Dark Iron Mole Machine that pops out, vomits up Irondrakes and then starts mulching infantry inside a twisting mess of toothed drills.

Attached: ccca12c94fb5c6d74356c0dfd11ab89b_original.jpg (639x359, 46K)

Adulthood is knowing that neither is right and tearing both down. And them bone boyz too.

Child hood is admiring chaos, adulthood is realizing like haha its just a fuck game who the fuck cares like really the fluff can be fucked by a shitty writer at anytime caring about it is stupid like can you even really imagine being upset but shit like black elves or the end times.

>said the biggest child in the thread

What is that mini from?

> lol it's toy soldiers you losers
> plays alone facing the wall

Mantic's Veer-Myn line. The drills fold out, too, with your choice of a hatch or weapon mounts inside.

get that dark iron shit outta here

Imagine being upset by malleable fluff.

This is one benefit of AoS, lotta GURL GAMERS and traps play sylvaneth.

>skaven mechzilla

Gigantic skaven robot piloted by five verminlords, think a 40k titan.
>tfw you know full well that AoS will end up with titan equivalents

It's table top roll is to piss off fantasy grognards.

TZEENTCH BOYS FUCK HARD

Attached: TZEENTCH LADS.jpg (1054x543, 80K)

If I equipped my skeleton models with both spears and swords mixed throughout the unit, would you let me run them as either? Or. Is wysiwyg enforced

i really don't get this, if you're running them above 10, they should be spears anyway, so i mean, where would you ever not need a box of 10 swords that you couldn't swing the 20 bucks for the box?

I metaphysically and literally don't care. They could be weidling dildos and you could say they are spears.

Oh I just think a mixed group of weapons looks cooler. They'd be spears in game regardless.

Parasite engines in the Godbeasts books are basicly Skaven titans. There are also the godtrees in Quest for Ghal Maraz with are basicly a Sylvaneth hangar.

Derp, forgot the image.

Attached: weapon options.jpg (639x359, 57K)

WE WUZ KORN BLUUD BOUN'

Attached: 20180310_151227-1.jpg (2033x2286, 2.37M)

Big Chocolate Skulls.

The skaven literally built a drill that used an artifact capable of tearing holes in between any kind of defense and or realms

The logic was if we used the weapon as the engine and the core and built everything else around it clearly the spear would drag the machine along with it whenever a name was whispered to it

Soon

Attached: 7900941C-0298-496B-B199-EBC0DA59F4E5.jpg (400x513, 38K)

[Zulu war chants intensify]

Attached: 1519071317869.jpg (643x602, 78K)

imagine being white unironically.

Not familiar with GW paints.
What colours should I use to replicate this scheme for my Khorne army?

Attached: Defenders JP.jpg (1920x1200, 384K)

Feelsgoodman

Could anybody who has experience building the cauldron of blood recommend sub-assemblies? Other than the obvious avatar and elves.

Attached: 99120212018_SlaughterQueenCauldronofBlood01.jpg (920x950, 84K)

Just assemble, prime black, drybrush silver, wash black, paint stairs red and you're done my dude.

>Just assemble, prime black, drybrush silver, wash black, paint stairs red and you're done my dude.

That'll look lazy as fuck

Does the Everchosen entrance exam kill more Chaos Warriors then ANY other army in the series combined?

Attached: 0E0E009C-CD26-43C2-BCCC-32693640F365.jpg (3264x2448, 1.87M)

>Unironically wanting to be anything else.

Attached: IMG_3863.jpg (400x538, 80K)

Whites, at least up to know because of Kike-Fu's effects, have always been masterrace

What's the best dice to use?

Attached: IMG_4886.jpg (640x634, 98K)

Which army bros? i narowed it to 3
Stormcucks - have some nice models but suffer from marine faggotry
Khornetards - nice colors and spikey stuff but are just screaming buff retards
Tzeentchfags - nice models, especially LoC but the daemons like horrors look kinda shit

WAT DO

Tzeentch if you want to WAAC.

Stormcast if you want constant support and releases every year.

Khorne is for faggots.

Go Dispossessed

>Go Dispossessed
you will hate me for this but

Dwarfs are boring as shit

can confirm, you have some fun units but they all get sniped turn one and your bread and butter just sit in clumps and roll dice

Attached: 1509455394045.jpg (680x632, 175K)

Why not join the Maggotkin future pox brother?

Attached: Lord of Plagues.jpg (827x967, 116K)

Better than (A)elves.

they are fat and stink, i am fed up with nurgle releases
i guess

I think Tzeentch is my go-to army unless the new release of Slaanesh has some really nice models.
I'm more hobbyist than player if that helps

>Khorne is for faggots.
Yea well ur a faggot

Fattums. Gonna put Nurgle and all his followers on a diet.

today i had a dream that i was molesting Inklings from Splatoon...
Was that a vision from Slaanesh?

>violent
>stupid
>absolutely no ability to plan for the future

It checks out.

so I have 10 GG with shields and have 10 more GG, should I up that unit to 20, or make 10 with Great Weapons?

what are your guys mixed alliance fluff armies?

swords and shields are cooler!
also it's pretty easy to hold up the horde bonus

It's a sign of Deepkin/Slaanesh dual release.

oh shiet, when

If you’re measuring base to base like you should be doing (despite the rule being optional) then you don’t need spears until 20+ minis, because skeletons are on 25mm bases and swords are 1” reach which is 25.4mm.

So swords fight in two ranks and spears fight in 3.

Also mix them up nobody will care unless they’re a giant tool, in which case make better gaming friends.

make stormcasts, use khorne colours, convert them to have more spikey bits and skulls, finally use converted tzaangors and lord of change as proxies for something (stardrake, celestant prime, judicators?) painting them as if they were the sons zodiacal beasts aiding the stormcasts (lots of bright colours of the sky with stars flickering on the skin and feathers of radiating suns), I mean, dracothion can't be the only zodiacal ally to the lord of azyr.

Attached: 1485234782377.jpg (827x1184, 664K)

i am not even close enough to be able to do this

>swords fighting in two ranks

Yeah, nah, I would honestly refuse to play against anyone who tries to pull that. It's painfully obvious that the rules were written with the intention of 1" weapons only being able to fight models they're in contact with. 0.4mm is such an absurdly small distance that there's no way it factored into anyone's thinking when they were designing the rules. It's literally smaller than the tolerance when making a skin repair patch on an aircraft.

then become a marinesfag and shut up

>then become a marinesfag and shut up
rude

Attached: woah.jpg (401x407, 60K)

when the game gets to the point where its taking minutes to measure LOS or people are measuring to the milimeter for models i think everyone needs to take a step back and realise its not fun

my homerule (even if my friends dont agree) is if you have to measure it with anything more accurate than a tape measure, it's probably not in range

What ranged options does Khorne have?
Only the Skullcannon?

Thinking of picking up wanderer's what would be a good few purchases for them?

Khorgorath has a 6 or 8 inch ranged shot. But yeah, Khorne is a bit shorthanded in the ranged department.

Custom ones

Attached: DSCF4929.jpg (1024x768, 707K)

Buy a few Stormcast units and play those instead.
Wanderers are a dead army along with Free Peoples and Dispossessed.

still better than Ironjawz whos only ranged option is the mawkrusha, who can rawr xdddd you to death from afar

>Ironjawz
>caring about range
kek

Other than just moving Executioners, Assassins, maybe Dark Riders, and whatnot into the DoK list, probably a unit of like foot archers for the DoK, like Wych Elves firing bows that have barbed arrows that cause units to take penalties if they aren't killed or something along those lines, or like units charging things they shoot at get bonuses due to pre-spilt blood.

Alternately, Slaaneshi Heavy Infantry, like their version of Blightkings and Blood Warriors, but play up the Hellenic bits somewhat in some of their models aesthetically and do like Slaaneshi Spartan Warriors, 300 version, all 'perfect warrior' fluff and have them get bonuses for fighting in formation and when outnumbered.

They'll probably be given to Malerion when his group pops up.

This view barely makes sense in 40k, where the alternatives are often barely better if at all. It makes no sense in Fantasy or AoS when objectively even shitty feudalism or late middle ages/Renaissance stuff is way better, or in AoS specifically with actively supportive gods and shit.

not having glorios ballistas that are the size of your body or bigger

Or some catapults firing boys into the lines like cannonballs

Attached: IMG_1702.JPG.1a18e2ab711bda3f88d69207b4b24a16[1].jpg (800x600, 42K)

Yes and they shouldn't be is the point. Assassins were always about Khaine, the GOD OF MURDER. Executioners were too, and they even reused the damn fluff. It makes no sense they're not really.

At best, Dark Riders maybe should be in Malerion at least, given DoK have Warlocks now anyway.

How necessary are the Cauldrons in a DoK list cus I'll be honest, for some reason I feel entirely tempted to not use one at all?

Mine are from Ugul, so it's too dark for anything too far out of Melee range.
Makes fightin' dead fun tho

>If you could create one unit for any faction what would it's tabletop role and accompanying fluff be?
Fancy Slaves to Darkness war machine - ballista would be neat. Long-range MW dealer

damn thats a sweet conversion mate

I can't decide if i want the Ironfist, or another 3x GGs
Really i want a mostly Brute army, but i think a big block of 30 Ardboyz is just needed

not mine just found from google to drive home my point

Maybe they can tell Morathi is bullshitting or weren't allowed in because they're men.

I don't care about the reason why, I'm saying its silly and dumb regardless of how they spin it both fluff and mechanically. Fuck, score some SJ points and say they're NB when they adopt the armor some some shit, I don't care.

Free Peoples and Dispossessed battletomes when?

Attached: 1520769194980.jpg (999x1024, 104K)

The Shadowblades were likely shifted to a god that might make more sense than Khaine. Eldrazor, Drakira or Loec. Loec is basically Cegorach and he is the dancer of shadows, so hey atleast the faction and that god share that.

>Implying the deserve them.
Allegiance abilities are literally the only thing you need and you have them.