mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhamster:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previewyous

Attached: the_emperor_protects_by_nicholaskay-d5nq6fe.jpg (1024x1192, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ScCYx1-GOZg
theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/03/fantasy-miniatures-bring-roaring-success-to-uks-games-workshop
pastebin.com/aCGKxBK5
pastebin.com/nWJPwm9J
tizcanlibrary.com/tactics/2018/03/07/comparing-tzaangors-bloodletters.html
pastebin.com/nbg3dNbT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tau codex
youtube.com/watch?v=ScCYx1-GOZg
One post too late

Attached: TV.jpg (1280x720, 216K)

first for qt catachan

Attached: Cata-Chan Flag.jpg (620x877, 67K)

You're a big guy

Attached: 20180310_225359-1843x1382.jpg (1843x1382, 454K)

Shit codex is shit
>Reeeeeee

Post your favourite subfactions; Ork Klans, Necron Dynasties, Eldar Craftworlds, etc

Attached: 1520066002153.jpg (674x904, 159K)

Garbo codex

Reece is really convincing GW to squat Tau.

>Great Rift forms
>worlds swallowed up by the Warp and overrun by Daemons
>Catachan among those swallowed
>Years go by
>Guilliman's Indomitus Crusade arrives
>Discover Catachan fended off Chaos on its own

why is catachan so OP?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1411x894, 382K)

Attached: images (39).jpg (240x282, 15K)

Hope everyone is having a good night

Attached: WH40k - comfy cron.jpg (680x547, 54K)

>blood angels
>twin heavy flamer razorback
>4 heavy flamer devastators
>combi melta on sarge

Lads, who gets the 6th seat? Lieutenant, the cherub, or a 5th heavy flamer?

>Games Workshop enter the FTSE 250
We're major league now boiz!

theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/03/fantasy-miniatures-bring-roaring-success-to-uks-games-workshop

Attached: 5100.jpg (620x372, 49K)

Well it helps a lot when the planet itself is trying to kill everything along with the guardsmen.

Not him, but none of the HQs outside of Darkstrider really do anything for breachers. Unless something has changed, they don't qualify for Fireblades. Ethereals could be OK, but then again, Ethereals.

Why is this thread dead? Is it another duplicate?

Attached: 18uiny995pi7ojpg.jpg (800x600, 74K)

Gods I hope this is true. Playing against flyrant/dp/bike captain spam lists is such cancer.

Then maybe you take more than 1 of the available troop choices?

Looks like there's another reprint of the same goddamned Tau Empire map from the last 4 editions.

Attached: mjntr8.gif (640x640, 1.24M)

A bunch of anons still shitposting in old thread and trying to even drag it into this one it seems

Inquisitorial Land Raider

Could be. I mean, I would. But sometimes you don't really want to play static gunline. Also, I think they do even less for kroot.

Also, I'm the guy who's kinda bugged by the fact that fire warriors are two separate datasheets. I'd totally take a mixed unit of Pulse Rifles and Pulse Blasters for objective hunting and camping.

I hope not, I haven't done my supreme command detachment of golden boys yet

Fire Warriors aren't relegated in any capacity to being a gunline unless you're just a bad player. They can move and fire with 0 loss in efficacy and are cheap enough to play a strong form of zoning and aggressive screening. So yeah that argument holds no weight.

>5:19
Tune in to hear someone completely fuck up the word, "burgeoning."

well you can only take 4 heavy flamers
bring a lieutenant with a combi-flamer

>"I want to build X"
>"WHY DONT YOU JUST BUILD Y?"

Because sometimes the thing you want to build ins't feasible.

They could, but they definitely lend themselves to being static far more than Breachers do, unless you manage to find a hot objective that is shielded from outside LOS.

Again, though, since we're talking about HQs, Ethereals lose some of their benefits when moving.

Cherub m8, 2 shots with a BS2 melta is nice

Bad Moonz
Farsight Enclaves
Forgeworld Metalica

If you still don't have them completed then you're just a casual shitter, so it won't matter for you either way.

They literally do not. They can move and fire just as effectively as they can sit and fire.

And thats fine and dandy but when someone is asking you how to change a tire you dont advise them on how to change their oil

>IG
my dudes
>SM
Mentors (soon to aid my dudes once my amazon order gets here)
>Orks
Snake Bites
>Chaos
The Pyre
>Kroot mercs
KROOT MERCS

This guy has no idea what the fuck hes talking about.

Can we get someone competent to review the codex? This fucker and that winter guy are anus.

I was surprised when they announced the AdMech codex that Metallica wasnt the shooty forge world, playing the FFG 40k RPGs made them out to be grimdark Texas.

He wasn't asking my guy. He was stating that was his plan and bitching about his sub-optimal niche build not working the way he wanted. I don't offer list advice on Veeky Forums regardless because no one ever wants actual feedback.

At least one of the shooting related Ethereal powers requires the affected to not move.

What says "Space Texas" more than laying plasma fire into your enemies while running full tilt?

I want an army that can dump out the most amount of dice humanly possible per turn, but imperium is gay. What do?

Well then hes just being a whiny cunt, Ethereals are perfectly valid especially with the drone

Then take a fireblade?

Tyranids

Deathskullz because orks aren't orks if they aren't taking everything not nailed down
Imperial Fists and successors for stoic defiance
Vostroyans for the hats

Get suckin

Attached: 1454891197201.jpg (694x1203, 393K)

Fireblades dont offer much to breachers unless they changed it (please god GW)

That's the whole fucking point is that taking all breachers is already a sub-par choice. You can't get shitty when you refuse to use anything but 1 of your choices in a slot.

Kinda, didn't want to add to my backlog when they dropped and I have a set order to finish my minis in
which will go out the window when forgebane drops

So my FLGS is stocking GW products again and the players are starting to return as well. So for the first time since 7th ed I'm making a list. I don't want to be That Guy, or fight against his six FW riptides, but I'm also the self-conscious kind of guy who doesn't like getting tabled. Am I doing it right or did I screw up the Ravenwing?

2000 points
HQ:
Azrael, Warlord (180)
Ezekiel (135)

Troops:
5-man Scout squad (55)
-4 shotgun scouts
-Shotgun sergeant
10-man Tactical squad (178)
-Plasma gun
-Grav-cannon
-Storm bolter, chainsword on sergeant
-7 normal marines
10-man Tactical squad (183)
-same as above, except wysiwyg swap Storm bolter for Plasma pistol

Elites:
Ravenwing Apothecary (92)
-Shroud of Heroes
Venerable Dreadnought (169)
-Assault cannon
-Fist-mounted Heavy flamer

Fast Attack:
3-man Ravenwing Bike squad (98)
-Plasma gun
-Chainsword biker for wysiwyg
-Power sword on sergeant
3-man Ravenwing Black Knights
-2 generic knights
-Power sword on Huntmaster

Heavy Support:
Predator (190)
-4 Lascannons
5-man Hellblaster squad
-Default (rapid-fire) plasma annihilators
-Plasma pistol on sergeant for wysiwyg
5-man Devastator squad
-any combination of 4 lascannons and missile launchers
-Combi-grav on sergeant
-Armorium Cherub

Transports:
Drop pod (85)
Rhino (72)
Rhino (72)

Attached: IMG_2048.jpg (3456x2304, 3.62M)

I just read Old Earth.

So the Grey Knights' legendary Terminus Decree is the Doomsday Device that the Emperor has Vulkan complete, right?

Destroy Terra and the Golden Throne, nuking the Warp in the process.

Attached: 1519852111740.jpg (222x227, 14K)

Ork with shootas

Chaos

I dump 160 buffed cultist shots first turn then follow up by 61 bloodletter attacks on the charge, possibly do it twice if anything survives.
Then the rest of my army shows up.

Nids or Orks

post fun and memorable moments from games youve played

lets get a tiny bit of positivity going

Attached: ork_sniper_wip_by_thewazvangualer-d8weecb.jpg (1053x758, 108K)

Orks obviously

Attached: FB_IMG_1517154432431.jpg (736x654, 64K)

My dog, I'm doing a very nearly identical build. I'm on the Tzaangor train but otherwise good looking out.

So you're the kind of retard who thinks this is ok.

Let me know what LGS you go to so I can avoid that.

In 7th I a single Vanguard Alpha hold 3 chaos terminators in assault for 3 turns. My opponent just kept wiffing his hit and wound rolls.

Okay, so I've fixed my AdMech + Dreads list theoretically. Made a variant with and without an Imperial Knight.

AdMech + Knight + Dreads
pastebin.com/aCGKxBK5

AdMech + Dreads
pastebin.com/nWJPwm9J

I 100% think its OK for an all breacher build to not be able to take maximum advantage of the new book because its a stupid and poorly thought out niche build.

I think Salamanders have a HQ dread in the FW index if you want to go full dread mode, though then you don't get He'stan's re-rolls.

How do you plan to outfit your Commander and which armor, relic, trait will you be taking?

Attached: 1491a632d16069c4001115958eb2d116.jpg (1280x668, 182K)

Nice and yea Tzaangors are looking really good.
Saw this comparison the other day if you're interested:
tizcanlibrary.com/tactics/2018/03/07/comparing-tzaangors-bloodletters.html

I may expand into TS soon and try it out too.

Attached: 1431020702559.png (1135x835, 1.3M)

3x Fusionstars

Any other choice and you fucked up.

Chaplain Dread boi

Vulkan can wait

Happened in a game I played yesterday
>relic up on a circular catwalk
>end up getting my TH assault termis up there before my opponent reaches it
>time to get comfy
>all of the sudden, Khorne Berzerkers
>Khorne Berzerkers everywhere
>holy shit that’s a bloody god damn mess up on that catwalk
Combat ended when my Termi captain took his relic blade to the exalted champions neck and blasted him in a round. It was a fun battle

>tfw when no recent games

Attached: adios.png (960x780, 491K)

Two moments from 7th that I have never forgotten:

1. A sterngard vet sergeant sweeping a 20 unit of boyz
2. A unit of scouts blowing up a trukk with their bare hands on the charge.

>those lists
Thanks for the laugh.

Down the end of 7th the local nid player was finally understanding how to deal with my Knight and Icarus onagers. He finally dealt to them in a game so I brought down his Harridan with snapshooting vanguard radium carbines
>If you want 8th I zoned out horde genestealers from half the board

Good read, reads about like my experiences with the Gors so far. I do run the terminator sorcerer with them for the Warp Time (effectively I consider it a required part of the build). With my overall list I don't need them to hit as hard as blood letters and I need the CP for other drivers (such as the cultist bomb) so the CP savings is a really big deal.

Goffs, because stormboyz rebelling against ork kultur by being responsible and organized is hilarious. You'd think they'd be blood axes, but apparently they mostly come from the Goff clan.

Attached: orks stormboy.gif (400x225, 1.9M)

I had an infantry squad and command squad rapid fire into a CSM squad and not kill a single marine. Then my company commander drew his bolt pistol, took aim, and gunned one a bastards down. It's not much, it happened in the first game I'd played in 2 years and it was against my self but I thought it was cool and it made me want to play some more.

Attached: 20170921_133624.jpg (1533x1461, 503K)

While neat, Ashmantle is 400 points, more than twice what He'stan costs.

Fuck I somehow missed this. Recalibrating.

Enjoy m8. Lists built entirely out of my rock hard dick for beep boops and dreadnoughts.

Yesterday I charged about a third of my opponents army on the first turn with Tzaangors and prevented him from shooting for the rest of the game.

I need to finish my Deff Korp uv Krump Goffs for Killteam at some point...

That from the chess game?

It was a while ago (I haven't been able to play for a while, but hopefully can start up again soon!), this was the first time I played against Bobby G. These were the last two figures on the board at the end; unfortunately my Archons Shadowfield did not last long.

Attached: Final Round.jpg (1076x608, 231K)

Sub-commander*

twin flamer, advanced targeting array, high-cut bikini

Attached: torchy2.jpg (1200x1600, 350K)

I think so.

Sept: Dal'yth
Armor: Coldstar
Relic: Dynamic Mirror Field
Trait: Exemplar of the Mont’ka
Wargear: High Output Burst Cannon, Shield Generator, 2 Fusion Blasters

I am so damned hyped for my Commander to match my stealthsuits and ghostkeel

Vior'la has a nice flamer for her m8, I hope you have fun

My Emperor's Champion challenged a Dark Angels psyker to combat in 7th but didn't kill him the turn he charged meaning my opponent could use the fell powers of the warp against me! My opponent cast whatever dark power it was that lowered the stats of my Champion to almost pitiful levels but he periled and got an Emperor damned invulnerable save of 3++. The time was now and with hope fading fast my Emperor's Champion drew his sword high and let loose all his remaining strength to deliver 3 wounds with one causing instant death. The foul witch was cleaved in two and the crusade will never forget that great moment!
Best moment in my BT career to date!

Why is the deffstorm so bad

Why does the race that coined Dakka have the least dakka?

Attached: 5454.jpg (1199x402, 91K)

I want to make a mostly Ogryn/Bullgryn regiment supported by tanks and Sentinels. What's the best way to go about this? Run them on foot or put them in a Chimera/Valkyrie and zoom them across the board? What would be good screening units for them

Because "lol randum".

Attached: fun_prohibited.jpg (469x219, 20K)

>Dark Angels
God I fucking hate traitors

Did some Harlequins. Did not go for any freehand cuz I suck. But I like how they turned out.

Attached: 20180310_205135.jpg (4032x3024, 2.38M)

how wild and varied can tyranids from different hivefleets be? Like, is it possible for some splinter to be completely unrecognizable when compared to the a different fleet? Could stuff like fire nids, as seen in pic, actually happen? what about a have fleet of only micro-organisms? etc.

Attached: 1321555224413.jpg (640x466, 52K)

Work on your picture lighting bro. how can I talk trash if I cant see the model?

Max number of Bullgryns inside a Tallarn Stormlord, outflank the Stormlord! UNLEASH THEM ALL!.

Supported by Sentinels squads with Ogryns to engage charging units or safeguard the Sentinels.

neato

Attached: torchstar ridin.jpg (1000x1000, 395K)

Let's try that again.

pastebin.com/nbg3dNbT

It looks good, but I disapprove of painting skimmer bases.

possible

but element-themed armies are boring as shit

dull as shit

also
>not converting your shadowseers to make them distinct

Should I base these guys properly or go classic green flock with green rims?

Attached: IMG_20180311_181051.jpg (2592x4608, 2.5M)

Back in 5th Edition, I was facing Grey Knights as Space Wolves
>Squad of Long Fangs on top of a tower
>Kaldor Draigo with Paladins enter the bottom floor, but don't have any movement left to get up to the roof
>Decide to just point blank destroy the tower
>Success, my squad dies from falling while his Grey Knights are uninjured

It was worth every shot.

Attached: 1509389285218.jpg (261x177, 9K)