So, about GW dying any time soon

So, about GW dying any time soon...

theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/03/fantasy-miniatures-bring-roaring-success-to-uks-games-workshop

Attached: lodsa money.jpg (318x320, 27K)

That the dark gods we have fucks like you posting this info.

Attached: 1520399560443.jpg (400x505, 53K)

>GW does a complete 180 on their old business practices
>begins trying to make amends with their playerbase and try to grow their games to make their model sales grow instead of vice versa
>profits surge as a result

GOLLY GEE WIZ A COMPANY NOT TREATING ITS CUSTOMERS LIKE DIRT GETTING REWARDED? WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING

Attached: 1517539035642.jpg (408x480, 64K)

This.

Attached: 1513846151061.png (1280x720, 701K)

>The Guardian

Attached: Bateman disgusted.jpg (493x389, 23K)

Fantasy is still dead. May GW burn forever.

>COMPANY NOT TREATING ITS CUSTOMERS LIKE DIRT
>day1 DLC
>pleasing SJW crowd

8th is still shit, AoS still exists, and their new releases are monopose cancer.
But hey lord of the rings is back so it's not a complete loss.

Why haven't they squatted Tau yet?

To piss you off. You, specifically, only you. The entire reason Tau still exist is literally just because they upset your delicate bottom and GW loves that.

>This article was amended on 5 March 2018. An earlier version misspelled Roboute Guilliman as Raboute Gulliman and included a reference to Warhammer 10K where 40K was meant.

Oh fuck off you sadact

>GW does a complete 180 on their old business practices
user, for the sake of your own personal safety in this big bad world, please tell me you don't actually believe that. GW hired somebody that actually understands PR and advertising, and it's working out great for them, but 'nuGW' is just the same as old GW, except that they are better at pandering and manipulating grognards. Their prices are still insane and climbing, they are pushing out broken, blatantly untested rules faster than the user base can spot them and their once interesting and dynamic range of sculpts are being rapidly replaced by over designed action figures cranked out by CAD trainees.

Says the loser white knighting for a multi million dollar company that are playing him like a fiddle.

user, do yourself a favour. never, ever try and run your own business.

This.
Like 95% of new stuff that I like in the hobby now is released only by FW.

Not going to last. People will continue to buy third party or chinacast models as long as GW continues to overprice theirs

300 brexit dollars have been deposited in your account.

Most popular xenos race after orks

people like you make me laugh. do you realise they've been unable to keep up with product because demand has been so damn high? they've actually had to have a second generator and two new injection hips machines installed to keep up with demand. pricing is apparently no issue at all.

> I literally said what they are doing is working fantastically from a business perspective, but that brainlets seem to think this is because they are suddenly nice guys and have completely changed their money gouging practices
>hurr you don't understand business
Thanks for proving my point.

The Guardian are supporting it because it's trying to be 'inclusive'. Which means it's dead on the inside.

We seems to have misinterpreted the tea leaves, we all assumed it meant economic failure when it looks like we're heading for a creative one.

see
you have no knowledge of business. stop trying to backtrack

I believe public information

Attached: file.png (756x900, 83K)

Maybe if you ask nicely, Bretbart will cover it too.

> restate my point, never at any point imply they aren't doing well. Emphasis on the opposite
> back tracking
Unless you are actually brain damaged, you are reaching a level of irrational fanboyism that is truly worrying user.

> choose to spend 0.1% of earnings on company who sells luxury product
> apparently that constitutes being played like a fiddle

Are you poor or just stupid?

Where is the evidence of this SJW shit? The new Eschers being slightly more buff than the old models?

Literally jumping at shadows.

They're more popular than Chaos in America. 2nd only to space marines.

All I buy is FW resin. I dropped main line GW stuff after AoS. I know it still gives them money, but HH is at least not as cancerous as main line.

But FW stuff will give you literal cancer

DoK being man-haters who make male elves into slaves while deleting their signature boob-plate from all new models. Somehow Sigmar tolerates them in GA Order because reducing all men to miserable slaves is apparently compatible with his goals.

Why is that a problem and the men of house Escher being drooling retards not a problem?

I mean Sigmar worked with Gork and Mork. I don't think he's fussed if there's a bigger foe to fight.

Sigmar doesn't give a shit, so long as they tow the line against Chaos

Besides, obviously they're more competent and useful than their slaves

They still have boob plates though?

Attached: dok.png (920x522, 819K)

>GW stops being a retarded asshole
>Profit!

Wow that was really unexpected, who knew that superior product sells more. Anyways, how much does gw profit and how valuable are the miniatures actually?

If he cared about facts he wouldn't be /pol/

>Why is that a problem and the men of house Escher being drooling retards not a problem?
Because the latter didn't occur in an era where everything has a political context. The same reason Skaven females aren't an issue. It's a carryover.

Nowadays if you alter old fluff to create a pack of body-positive, man-hating feminists and call them the good guys, there's no separating it from the leftist push to make everyone, everywhere conform with goodthink ideology.

Compare those to the originals (Morathi in particular) and remember GW's promise to be more "inclusive".

Man you guys really want this company to fail? and AoS is still fairly new so its never had the time to develop stories and lore like Fantasy but still its outselling Fantasy in the 90s and 40k is doing great. Let go off what ever wrongs they ever did to you and and go back into the hobby like you are new to it because if you fags got into this shit recently in the past 5 years you would see how shitty Fantasy was and why people don't want to play it.

Well my DoK are femdom and rape human men for offspring and only sacrifice chaos and destruction faggots.

>GW's promise to be more "inclusive".
What the fuck does that even mean? More female minis? How is that a problem?

That's sports bra tier and you know it.

But Morathi and her followers have always been manhaters (they throw male babies into cauldrons of boiling bood), and the fluff altering to make them good happened in the end times.

It's a problem for him because girls are icky.
It's a problem for me since GW can't sculpt women to save their lives.

It means they are going to retcon female space marines.

Even if they did do that (which they aren't), I dont see why you have to buy the female marine models. Carry on having all dudes if it suits you.

Not retcon, merely "advance the plot".
A human female cannot survive the geneseed transplant, but a human eldar hybrid female is another story entirely.
But then more chaoswank happens.

Point at him and laugh.

You're right, autistic "insider" rants on a Surinami beat poetry forum is the only way to get the truth.

By your own argument they should have done away with AoS after its launch instead of fixing it (which is what they did for 8th ed Fantasy) but as long as the game has fixed to wound values it will never amount to more than being the bastard child of WoW and 40k that looked up o KoW while growing up but missed the mark entirely.

It's like when they added a tranny to pathfinder or whatever it was. Why is it an issue? Just dont use the tranny in your campaign? Do people on here play with retards who only use official stuff?

To be fair, it's Pathfinder. I doubt the weebs playing it weren't already making traps left and right.

Here I am just pissed off that GW won't release a rule book for Dispossessed.

Attached: IMG_4955.png (661x800, 302K)

You forget the old world ever existed young man.

That's like saying the video game industry is going to die because people pirate games.

Wasn't this always a thing with Dark elves though? I thought Morathai and her cults were always kinda like this, even in the old lore or is that just high elf propaganda? I only had a token high elf force right when I got into WH years and years ago cause I liked the white lions of chrace

Lol. It's even better than that. Don't forget the implied forced gender reassignment. When creating sneks and harpies, Morathi uses strong souls for females and weak souls for males. Were strong male in the past? You a chick now.

Chill out crybabby nobody said that.

Just like my Japanese animes.

Is right now a good time to get into Age of Sigmar?

Do you like monster musume? If so DoK are for you.
Just convert the doomfire warlocks into centaur mares.

>GW continues to overprice theirs

Dude, the fucking Start Collecting kits might as well be the best thing GW has released yet.

The Seraphon kit is basically buying a Carnosaur but you get a bunch of free lizardmen

You're still getting price gouged out of said kits.

>Brexit
>Guardian
Be less obviously retardedly Americam

I really like this edit

They're still doing absolutely fucking godawful on the profit margins and dividend yields, if this is success in the miniatures market we're donzo.

They had male executioners and assassins and worshiped their male king as an avatar of Khaine previously.

That's Neferata and her bloodline. The cult of Khaine has had male assassins and executioners

Tbqh assassins are oddballs because they survives being boiled alive, but on the other hand witch elves are female because Khaine married them and he ain't gay

are you being intentionally stupid? or are you just retarded?

At least lahmians will give you the succ.

AoS is unironically looking great, same as 40k right now. Don't listen to resident grogs that still lament about loss of whfb.

Right now is probably the best time ever to get into GW tabletop games.

>$0.02 has been deposited into your account

Or you could play a good skirmish game.

Nah, unfortunately the mere presence of people that are "other" is enough to make the real insecure folk REEEEEE themselves into a coma. Doesn't matter if they don't use the "other" characters, someone out there will and that's bad or something.

Attached: 4chan Autistic.jpg (1050x761, 163K)

Yes Sigmar the guy who was willingly worked with Nagash really cares about the company he keeps.

>Don't forget the implied forced gender reassignment.

It's almost as if the Dark Elves aren't actually nice people! Do you think they're *condoning* this, and implying that this what we should do to men IRL? Because that's absolutely retarded. By that logic, GW is saying we should burn anyone who agitates for political change with flamethrowers, to say nothing else about the shit the Inquisition does.

>user thinks there's something wrong with this.
>Apparently.

Attached: PanacheSportsBraViolet.jpg (350x500, 58K)

No one wants to play lotr user, let it go.

Q3 is gonna be difficult on you.

Attached: internet contrarian.jpg (231x215, 24K)

That's why it's still played by clubs up and down the country and there's a dozen or so rule system based on it that are also in use, amirite?

That's like saying Fantasy is alive.

ignore him. tard probably thinks that unless it's 40k it's a dead game.

but wait, fantasy isn't getting new releases, having oop models reintroduced and getting a new ruleset in the summer! because it's fucking dead and no one cares.

>GW running AoS to "advance the story" and introduce wackiness into the Fantasy setting
>reintroduces FB to give people the ability to play in the old setting with new rules because they recognize how many people still like the old world
>also recognize that just because AoS is destined to happen doesn't mean shit with a huge world to work with and a playerbase that largely ignores plot advancements if they interfere with their tabletop

Seriously, who the fuck let GW grow a brain? This is utterly unlike them.

Attached: Karl_Friggin_Franz.png (454x891, 252K)

I just love laughing at "This is supposed to be a boy's club!" sobs

What do they call them on /v/, Gamergaters or some shit?

We call them cucks, naturally.

Name one game that is anywhere near as lucrative or relevant as 40k?
It's what drove the article to be published, it's what people buy AoS models for.
Only game that matter.

A 9th edition fantasy that is just a rulebook and army lists like HH would be sublime.

hmm...no. that wasn't the argument. 40k is big because people love their pew pew guns in spess, despite the fact it is just generic fantasy in spess. fact is there are 100's if not 1000's of games out there that are inherently better than 40k. LotR being just one example. hell AoS is better now. (emphasis on now)

you have 7 previous editions to pick and choose from. what would be the point?

>Projecting this hard
Jesus user, you wanna talk about it?

AoS cannot be better than 40k as it is just 40k beta-testing.
Being better is also not an accomplishment when shit as simple as one page Napoleonic skirmish is better.

but you were just arguing that there was nothing better than 40k. make up your mind child. And it's interesting a supposed beta test has already proven to be better.

40k is big because over 80% of their players are exclusively model collectors (they don't play), fantasy/LotR never captured this market.

>lucrative and relevant mean it's the best

Attached: 1506968509443.gif (540x652, 1.7M)

>80% of their players dont play

Attached: 1514801423374.jpg (1066x600, 68K)

>DOK
>General theme is Fem-Dom athletic sex-freaks
>Poster Army is ultra-ripped dudes who hit people with hammers
>Poster Antagonists are ultra-ripped dudes who rape and murder because a god demands it
>Majority of other armies lead by bad-ass dudes or murder hobos
>Wahhh SJW Feminazi's ruined my game

Eh?

you mean apart from when lotr was outselling both 40k and fantasy combined by considerable margins when the movies were showing. sure.