mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhamster:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous:

Attached: 547823957849032758403275894035.jpg (620x349, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-a5T895ptYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=-a5T895ptYA

Had 3 paramedics at my house last night who were admiring my models

what are you guys working on to get the attention of the health services?

First for NecrOwned

Attached: 1518064305701.png (500x432, 139K)

Best imperial knight loadout?

Kinda tempted to take the chainsword so I can use the relic.

Alright boys, I am doing my first conversion. What do I need to know before I start?

>look this fat fuck who had a heart attack climbing out of his mothers basement still plays with toy soldies

Attached: 14435195_1802330040042916_8262084723482713244_o.jpg (2048x1152, 220K)

Can someone upload Tau fluff pics?

> Commander one-punching a marine
> Tau sparing an Apothercary, "Captain, we need to talk" pic.

what are you doing?

>Just want to field Necrons
>But my army idea is all foot slogging
Fuck, i don't even know what ICs we'll have

Attached: doot doot.gif (375x212, 1.02M)

What are you converting to what? Something basic like a kit-bash is probably what you should start with if it's your first regardless.

Idea.
Army objectives; You need to field specific formations to maximize CP instead of tonnes of minimum sized troops to get the bonuses as it is unviable for a handfull of factions.

Necrons could for example have something that rewards CP for fielding squads at max size.

>Silver legion; +X CP for fielding X full sized (20 models, 260 points) regiments of Necron Warriors. (Warriors are considered bad because they get outgunned by the other troop choice the immortal.)

>Flying Circus, +2 CP if you bring at least one unit of 3 crossoints.

>Royal court, +4 CP if you have at Least 1 overlord, 1 lord, destroyer lord and 2 crypteks in your army. (5 HQs)

Could give factions something to activly build towards and encourage to take suboptimal units for CP, ensuring that all models have a chance to see play.

Attached: Cozycron.jpg (680x547, 54K)

Behold my terrible list!

Basically:
2000pts CSM Night Lords
Battalion
Jump Lord w/Claws of the Black Hunt
Jump Sorc w/Staff -Prescience and Wrap Time-

Chaos Marines x10
Chaos Marines x10
Chaos Marines x10

Raptors x9 w/Melta x3 and MoN and Icon

Rhino w/ Combi x2
Rhino w/ Combi x2
Rhino w/ Combi x2

Vanguard
Winged Daemon Prince -Demonic Strength-

Terminators x5 w/Melta+Axe
Terminators x5 w/Plasma+LC

Contemptor w/Butcher, Fist, Bolter, Havoc

why were paramedics at your place?

Attached: 1477513971034.jpg (325x354, 10K)

>Idea.
>Army objectives; You need to field specific formations to
It was fucking retarded Necron faggots like you who started the whole formation in a formation bullshit last edition as well.

I too dream of meleecron list.
Just fucking 40 flayers, ghost-dynasty trait, 20 lychguards, Destroyer lord, a handfull of destroyers and Anakyr.

Attached: Overlord.jpg (1024x640, 117K)

Attached: spaven.jpg (1600x3334, 584K)

how should i paint my beep boops to make them as cute as they deserve?

Attached: bc718cb14ab0b8a496829dba152d59d1.jpg (293x531, 44K)

(just in case anyone around during the day yesterday wanted to see what it ended up looking like)

Attached: 40kg10march2018.jpg (895x648, 253K)

No need to be rude user, what is it that you do not like with the idea?
Care to elaborate?
CP is a resource you spend, so you avoid the falltrap of units suddenly escalate to unimaginable levels while still giving armies an option to use whatever obsolete units they have. In my opinion it sounds healthy.
>7th didn't handle it very well, that's for sure.
>8th have a spendable resource instead.

Attached: 1486145232232.png (654x608, 274K)

Does anyone else feel that in the last five or six years (or thereabouts) the models, particularly the vehicles, put out by GW have been really naff? They always seem so spindly and fiddly and erratically designed. One exception might be the tau suits, but they have their own problem of endless diversifying. Think about it. You used to have small, medium and large - footsoldiers, suits and tanks. Now you have a new suit that is slightly larger than a battlesuit, and now you have one that is two sizes larger, and now there's one that is the size between those two, and on and on and on it goes.

I like the simpler models and sizes. They all had their place and seemed to naturally fit in with whatever force they were made for and the accompanying aesthetic. I dunno, maybe this seems ridiculous to everyone but I honestly think it's a real phenomenon.

If GW was really jewish they'd make flayed ones a troop option.

Also I hope we get C'tan HQ options again.

>Flayers
Ah if only, but Lychguard are my jam

Can the knight warden box build any kind of knight?

You better not be hating on my Dunecrawler

>Melee list
>Not taking Obyron

fucking disgusting.

They'd need to rewrite the whole Necron fluff again to justify C'tan leading anything.

What's your favourite/the best start collecting set?

Attached: getting-sstarted-aos-feature.jpg (1200x885, 870K)

Artificial reasons to take units aren't really an improvment on the current set up though.

What they should be trying to do is make it so every unit has a reason you'd take it, even if niche, but I'm sympathetic to them in that respect, its harder than it sounds.

That is certainly one offender

admech is the best and the cutest

Attached: blogger-image--824144575.jpg (480x480, 49K)

Worst - tau
Best - scions, buy 4 of these and you have a great Imperial army filler

>They'd need to rewrite the whole Necron fluff again to justify C'tan leading anything.

Local C'tan shard breaks free and takes control of local tombworld.

Not too many mental gymnastics, friend.

Housemate is diabetic (hereditary, not fattytary) and must have done his insulin jab twice by accident and went really badly hypoglycemic

by the time the paramedics got there he had 0.8 glucose level (he should have been about 7-9 after a meal)

nice user but where is the mandatory sassy nurgling

SC Tzeentch Daemons is neat, if only because I dig the chariot model. I don't know much about Ad Mech but theirs looks pretty cool too.

I think Craftworld Eldar is the winner for me though, if I was starting from scratch I'd pick one up, but I've always liked the Wraith stuff.

Attached: 99120104057_SCCraftworlds01.jpg (920x950, 227K)

scary stuff, good thing he had some friends around to phone the medics

You do have a point.
But that was more intended as an additional support for models. The main objective was an alternate way for factions to generate CP.

Necrons and Orks for example needs to maximize unit size to really work, their faction passives requiring it.
While 8th only generate CP through massing small unit spam of minimum sizes.

Some factions could use options. But balancing everything at once is hard as balls without accidentally breaking shit.

Attached: 1508642769813.png (564x450, 12K)

Surely the worst SC is vanilla marines, every one keeps moaning about how mediocre the tacticals are

Kitbash army, Skaven to IG. I have bits for both thanks to a really cheap lot.

>Spent £100 on Eldar the other day
>Now I want AdMech instead

FUCK

Or, just fucking give like 2 CP/500pts. The bigger issue is how to reduce spam on top of that. Honestly, I think you should get to choose x strategems that are usable within a detachment with a bonus for specializing. For example, a patrol of ultra Marines could pick like 2 strats usable within that detachment, then a brigade of IG could pick like 5 it could use within that (note that is not counting the base 3 that everyone gets). If that brigade was Ultras instead, maybe each of his detachments could take an additional strat while also getting access access to the UM strat as a bonus.

What an awful colour scheme.

tacticals are bad that they are worse than scouts and intercessors

crisissuits, which make up the bulk of the cost of the tau SC box, are still shit after the tau codex and only worth taking as commanders, when the coldstar commander is objectively better by a huge margin

if its the big box sets you might even make a mild profit selling it off in units on ebay

that reasoning is why I now have five armies and none is over 1500 points

Like with tacticals, the crisis suits are effectively punished for their flexibility. But they're still useful in giving stealth suits some real bite with the homing beacon.

Only forseeable problem with that is people spamming generic detatchment, all carrying the same strat, spamming that strat. (Unless you make it so that only 1 detatchment can use a single strat per turn.)

Where's a good place to get Space Marine sized Crusader helmets?

Attached: Untitled3.png (1280x720, 1.26M)

Kids grow up quickly these days.

Attached: Tau-Fourth-Sphere-Uh-Oh-e1520743818551.jpg (836x617, 98K)

What are your guys MVP units? units which always seem to do the trick, or have been clutch for you?

and which ones dont live up to the hype?

for me, the bloat drone with plague spitters is just an absolute beast. almost as tough as a land raider, fast, excellent backline harrasment and always makes his points back and then some, i usually field at least 2.

the loser for me is the plague burst crawler. it looks good on paper, sure its cheap and tough as nails. but it has never seemed to inflict more than 2 wounds over the course of a game ever. too innacurate, and for the points i'll just take more bloat drones or death shroud or something, or a predator. always under performs.

Attached: deathguardmvp.png (1500x1000, 569K)

also heres the template

Attached: template.png (1500x1000, 37K)

Farsight did it first and better.

Attached: The_Almighty_Montka.webm (518x720, 2.44M)

The same restrictions on strats applies. If you have 3 detachments with say veterans of the long war, you can still only use it once per phase because that's how the rules work. Bigger detachments are better because they offer more tactical flexibility. In the above example, you would could take 3 patrols that have 2 strats each, or a battalion that has 5 different options.

Idk. I need to fiddle with it more

>didn't see the new thread

If pulse blasters are assault then you're right. I'm just working off memory because my index is in storage somewhere. Not hung up on anything and nothing to do with me being misinformed on the sept tenet.

Pulse blasters are assault bro.

There we go then, cheers.

Still doesn't make Breachers any less decent for the user that asked - Breachers, vior'la tenet, fireblade and shoot twice strat. Still a nice combo

>and the Breacher helmets are badass

The guard one is decent for adding to an army. It's also slightly cheaper at least in Australia than buying a russ, a cadian squad and a single heavy weapon team and you get the commissar as well.
For starting an army though then the Battleforce Astra Militarum Battlegroup is much better and over $100 cheaper than buying those pieces individually.

Forgot pic

Attached: Deathhammer40k-Warhammer-40000-Commission-Painting-Wargaming-Miniatures-Tau-Empire-Breacher-Team.jpg (800x600, 206K)

>hey look now not fielding any auxiliaries is fluffy, so you can stop complaining about the fact that we haven't bothered to make their rules interesting or viable

Purple.

Attached: 1491525268098.jpg (911x679, 155K)

which boxes actually have units in them that will 100% always be worth putting on the table?

the IG looks good but the heavy weapons team seems iffy to me

So with the new dex how does MechTau look
I've always had a passing interest in Fire Warriors and the tanks and might try an army out if they're viable

Attached: 400px-TauEmpire8.jpg (400x283, 29K)

Drukhari leak when?

Fireblade doesn't work with breachers

Skitarii, heavy weapons teams are also pretty good this edition, the commissar is the model that wont see the table.

About two weeks before the codex is out I assume.

It is still a very nice idea.

Cat user popping back in to say I love this board. Thank you for all your support.
My lil buddy is going to be buried at my uncle's place.
In memoriam Midas, 2011-2018. You will be missed.

Attached: My finest Midas.jpg (960x960, 123K)

Isn't mortarspam still a thing? Haven't played it this ed but seems to show up on YouTube battle reports often enough

Also AdMech does, although the HQ choice becomes less usable the more SC boxes you get (think only IG don't have this problem though)

AdMech. Skitarii and Donkey Tanks are your staple units.

I've talked about my Reavers on here before; they're not perfect and every now and then they've gotten mulched, but my and large they've pulled their weight really well, tying up dangerous shooting and killing exposed characters and weakened vehicles.

My scourges are just so fragile that I've had a hard time having them earn their points back. I've got two squads, the shardcarbine one generally does very little, the Dark Lance one gets focus fired real fast even when in cover and at max range. I think a Ravager would have served me better.

Attached: 1520771811312.png (1500x1000, 871K)

I have a feeling a retired Custodes would be a bit too immaculately Greek statue to pretend to be an Ogryn, so how does their spying work?

Forgeworld:
Ultramarines MkIV Praetorian Heads Upgrade Set
Imperial Fists MKIII Upgrade Set - Veteran Heads
Alpha Legion Mk IV Heads
World Eaters Legion MKII Upgrade Set - Heads

Attached: head.jpg (1249x754, 66K)

Attached: nidscuckedbytauscience.jpg (1122x1552, 614K)

Imperial guard one. I got myself three of them when i started my army. Also Khorne and Tzeentch ones are really neat.

b

Attached: 3CrqLGO.jpg (570x1316, 377K)

If they're embedded in a squad then cadian lascannon teams are the most efficient anti tank in the game right now, and if you position them well it can take a surprising amount of effort to take them out.

>heavy weapons team
Most decent Guard lists will have 10+ or more of these.
>5 point mortars for infantry squads
>42 point Heavy Bolter HW Squads
>78 point Lascannon HW Squads
>33 point Mortar HW Squad

c

Attached: missile.png (1418x737, 1.3M)

d

Attached: nohelmets.jpg (1600x647, 260K)

e

Attached: Tauwinmelee.png (465x390, 48K)

Tanks aren't one of the huge winners of the codex really, suits (besides crisis) got more of the love overall.

However, and I've not looked into this myself, people are saying a hammerhead squad with longstrike is still fairly good.

If it's any reassurance, I'm gonna run a devilfish regardless of whether it's the most optimal choice because I want to

Well fuck, lmao, I need to get hold of my index before I open my mouth again

That's a big sword

Ad mec. The spider tank is possibly the best heavy support choice in the game.

Me too.

Attached: SMRR65.jpg (2584x909, 736K)

Everyone is complaining about "spam" and horde armies, but the spam mostly seems fluff appropriate. Why wouldn't Tau fight with a force comprised mostly of fire warriors?

>I need to get hold of my index before I open my mouth again
It would be preferable before you spread misinformation again you slut

f

Attached: pheromones.png (1478x1036, 1.92M)

>the loser for me is the plague burst crawler. it looks good on paper, sure its cheap and tough as nails. but it has never seemed to inflict more than 2 wounds over the course of a game ever. too innacurate, and for the points i'll just take more bloat drones or death shroud or something, or a predator. always under performs.

Are you trying to use the crawler as a solo leman russ? don't listen to people on here about the crawler. field them in twos or threes. hang them back

Thank you!

g

Attached: Farsun.png (1456x832, 894K)

All the SC Nurgle stuff has a place on the table.

Attached: 99129915026_StartCollectingDeamonsOfNurgle01.jpg (920x950, 243K)

Any leak yet for ashes of prospero?

Attached: 522902AC-B124-4180-AD94-7642DBFEDA8C.jpg (650x822, 140K)

Reminder that I am a huge faggot.
I tried to kill myself, again, but mommy called the hospital while I was still fumbling with the noose.

People, especially here, will bitch about anything

Fire Warrior spam does make a lot more in-universe sense than commander spam though

I just want to talk Tau builds but don't know which storage unit my index is in and have no laptop in the new house yet for index PDFs. This is true suffering

SWITCHBLADES!
COCAINE!

Attached: 3fda3862e1c807676693352a4379d86b.jpg (500x500, 37K)