Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Still no faq Edition

Previous >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

Attached: hhg.jpg (2076x1992, 1.53M)

DEAD GAME

How dare you

Attached: Ferrus_Manus_sketch.jpg (1033x726, 364K)

dead primach

The best lads die.

Attached: Emperor_Upon_Throne.jpg (1115x1386, 296K)

Alright folks, here's one for you all: which faction is the ultimate "hard mode" of 30k? For the sake of argument, let's ignore stuff like the ultramarines' nemesis chapter (massed destroyers) that pushes builds around spamming shit/overcosted units.

IMO, it's loyalist world eaters. You lose so much of what makes world eaters so nasty (always-on rage, inductii, red butchers, kharn & angry ron) in return for two alright, but not incredible, special characters.

Models for units with rules instead of new models without rules when?

Loyalist word bearers
they don't exist

Both are unlikely, considering the hh FW department basically shut down

They did Scoria, Alpharius and AL Termies.
From new we have didlo drill and not Rhino for solar auxilia

How did you get that idea? They're still quite busy.

Don't forget we also ot Dildodrill: Lord of Anus edition

The Big E is not dead, you heretic faggot.

Especially not in 30K since we haven't gotten to the part where Chaos Buff Horus pushes his shit in.

Last hh event we had the entire custodes range + thousand sons incoming, so far this year they didn't release much

Release schedule conflicts don't mean a game is dead though.

Hell, if we're talking black books we haven't even gotten to the part where Horus becomes Chaos Buff Horus. And at this point, Hawkboy and Hawkboy-Onna-Bike don't even know there's anything wrong yet.

hey folks, I was talking to me mates and we thought of a pretty good way of modelling veterans: by giving them clip-yacks

now the thing is none of us can find miniatures of cli-yacks. I guess it's not a thing? though it'd be pretty amazing on vets.

any of you know of someone casting them?

>Clip-yacks
Wtf is this supposed to be ?

World Eaters 3000 Points YOLO List

HQ
Cataphractii Centurion w/ Chainfist: 100 Points
Cataphractii Centurion w/ Chainfist: 100 Points
Gahlan Surlak: 110 Points

Troops
20 Augmented Inductii w/ Power fist on sergeant: 240 Points

Elites
3 Dual CCW Cortus Contemptors: 405 Points
3 Dual CCW Cortus Contemptors: 405 Points
10 Red Butchers w/ Dual axes (dual chainfists on sergeant): 520 Points

Lord of War
Angron: 400 Points

2995 Points

Generally speaking I run my inductii as tac blobs, but sometimes it is more fun to build my entire army around wiping out the enemy. None of my units score, all of them get FnP in some form, and my entire army is built around CC. In order to win I either need some form of kill points or to wipe out the enemy army. Thankfully my warlord is a primarch and inductii aren't worth crap if the enemy kills them. Death star has a combined 31 wounds with every terminator being 2+/4++/4+++.

Overall the list is fun as hell even if the strategy is pretty retarded, its fun seeing an enemy fire at point blank range with some combi-plasma seekers only to kill 2 guys.

*plays solar aux*
*uses shroud bombs and grav-wave generators*
Heh nothinn personnel kid.

>*throw medusas at you*

>play angel's wrath
>never leave the planes until the last turn to grab every objective

I honestly don't think that would matter much. Even without bonus attacks for the charge pretty much any unit can wipe out 20 auxilia on the charge and it isn't like you can take multiple grav-wave generators, only a lord marshal can take them.

I would just not play against them.

Trying to see how that would go with my Ordo Cybernetica, and it looks grim.

Despite that, I would absolutely love to play against this army because it would be a no-fucks-given-for-objectives all out brawl

NOW THIS GUY GETS IT! Blood and guts, oil and wires, objectives are for the weak!

>won't play agaisnt something that might defeat him
Alternatively
>throw custodes at you
>throw 100-man fearless rending squads militia at you

>>won't play agaisnt something that might defeat him
>Won't play against cheese that is no fun to play against. Shocker.

>throw custodes at you
Sounds fun, hordes of world eaters being cut down by small elite squads of custodes. Tribune would be tiresome but wiping his entourage shouldn't be too difficult and after that he can be slaughtered by volume attacks from the death star.

>throw 100-man fearless rending squads militia at you
Militia squads are capped at 50 dudes IIRC. Either way sounds fun, two blobs of dudes hacking away at each other. Slaughter 30 militia, they strike back and kill ten of my dudes.

>Pulls out an identical list swapping inductii for tac blobs when he sees almost nothing but marines in flyers
>Camp on objectives the entire game

There's something to be said for going in with 100 models worth of straight CC death - just make sure you're fighting on a battlefield with some terrain rather than the flat plains world of Ta'bel and you should at least have some fun.

You sound like an utter fa-
>YOLO
I rest my case.

Good luck for even managing to touch a 10 man squad of hetaerons with shields and parangon blades in cc
the tribune can tank your primarch for the entire game
Taking shieldstodes for the inductii and caladius for your dreadnoughts means the death of half the army
10/10 would slaughter in the name of the emperor

>Wow you don't like playing against cheesy lists where you won't get any enjoyment from a game
I could just play loyalist Iron Warriors with an Ironfire list. Would that be more to your taste?

you should always play with fairly dense terrain, flat plain tables are no fun.

>Good luck for even managing to touch a 10 man squad of hetaerons with shields and parangon blades in cc
I mean that unit alone would cost like 950 points, throw in the tribune and it is like 1200. Seeing how my death star is fearless thanks to Angron and will generally get their 4++ FnP such a combat would end up with both sides hacking away at each other to little avail for most of the game. Would be cool to watch but not particularly productive.
>the tribune can tank your primarch for the entire game
Since Angron can do multiple challenges he could direct nearly all of his aggression against other custodes while only doing a single attack against the tribune. Ultimately he would be wasting less of his offensive ability than the tribune.

>10/10 would slaughter in the name of the emperor
Overall I am okay with this though because it actually seems like a fun idea as opposed to someone just spamming medusas or sitting in flyers the entire game.

Why did a list that was mentioned specifically to be a fun list cause so much butthurt?

None of your army would ever get in the custodes deployment zone, so no tasty fpn for you, alternatively since you already have a hard time killing the squad i could swap the parangons for powerfists for even more slaughter, have fun trying to tank 30 3+ to hit master crafted instant death attacks with nothing but your 4++, you statically lose at the very least 5 models per turn, while only angron will be able to kill the hetaerons, and i think i don't even need to add a tribune at all

Because it's not a fun list, you kill everything that was not cheese in the first case or specifically made to destroy you

Since we're apparently doing "how would you face user's fun, fluffy WE list", my approach would be to try a load of ultramarine breachers with power swords, plus supporting firepower. Basically recreate the "our turn" battle on Armatura.

He's as good as dead, Horus did nothing wrong

That actually sounds pretty cool, make sure to model your blobs as 5x4 tortoises.

>None of your army would ever get in the custodes deployment zone, so no tasty fpn for you
Death star gets FnP from Gahlan Surlak, inductii get 6+ FnP by virtue of being inductii.

>while only angron will be able to kill the hetaerons, and i think i don't even need to add a tribune at all
Well the rest of the death star will still inflict 4.85 wounds the turn they charge (likely closer to 3.5 or 4 due to losses before they can swing).

Not saying I would beat the custodes list, I would lose hard, but I feel like I would make a pretty decent showing, drop a few hetaerons

Except that is manifestly untrue.

The list literally cannot score, even in games where non-troops can score his units are never scoring. As long as the enemy survives they will almost certainly win. Seeing how he needs to kill everything it seems pretty appropriate that most things that he actually reaches would die.

What legion ranks would you count as “Line Command”?

Guys in charge of battalions, captains and lieutenants.

>loyalist Word Bearers don’t exist
Umm... think again sweetiecakes
They’re FW approved :)

Attached: 66E5CB89-99D5-4531-B4B2-266CB572D279.png (611x632, 550K)

looking for power glaives, I stumbled on these

think they would fit the White Scars, or are they a little too Chinese

Attached: file.png (488x783, 270K)

Well the Scars do call them the guan daos.

You DO use tac blobs, right /hhg/?

Attached: IMG_20180311_211501.jpg (1664x1248, 773K)

finally an attack bike that doesn't look like shit

Attached: file.png (960x720, 536K)

Doesn’t explain the 2W, 2A.

>Fielding anything other than Terminators
Do you even tip of the spear, user?

Psykers, I ain't gotta explain shit.

the other marine is hiding under the gun and pops out to take a swing at enemies

Playing a themed campaign based on Armatura would be fun.

Attached: World_Eaters_head_taking.jpg (750x564, 225K)

What's the best armour mark for a blackshields pirate army?

ARRRRRtificer.

Anvil makes some, with a not-marine hand attached.

MkII and V, I'd say.

I have about 80 blobbers and I don't know where my life went so wrong.

>tac
What are those? Surely you mean veterans?

Someone posted this in the last thread and it made me want to do a small PotL force using veterans kitbashed from Sanguinary Guard models. I'd use mkIV legs and arms with heads from whichever legion I go with.
But therein lies the problem. Which legions could make best use of those bits? Emperor's Children and Blood Angels are pretty obvious, but are there any others that would look good with the six-pack-abs look?

Fucking dammit.

Attached: EC Palatines.jpg (1920x1440, 629K)

Ultras? DA?

Were there any numbers given for Armatura ? The ultramarines basically had to face berserk marines, while in their own elements and fortifications and supported by a large amount of imperial soldiers and a titan legion. Compared to that the NL lost a quarter of their legion to a small garrison force with even less marines and no support

The Sanguinary Guard chest pieces would look pretty rad for Ultramarine sergeants and officers now that you mention it.

White Scars mix chinese, japanese and mongol stuff. They even have a few warriors with katanas. Khan has a Dao, they play go, and so on.;

Ultramarines, Emperor's Children, and Blood Angels would all fit perfectly. Outside of those three I would put Thousand Sons and Salamanders in a maybe category, and Iron Warriors as in theory since they are Greek themed even if I don't think it would fit aesthetically.

Outside of that I don't think any legions fit. Word Bearers or Dark Angels might have a captain or something in abs and pecs armour, but I can't see them fielding entire units.

>Ultramarines legionaries and Imperial Army auxiliaries vs World Eaters barbarians
I can dig it

Salamanders never ever, they prefer to put trinkets, parchment and drake hide instead

To be fair, the World Eaters at Armatura were with their primarch and were likely some of the best within the legion. The Night Lords at Pharos were a forgotten branch of the legion after Thramas.

>The Night Lords at Pharos were a forgotten branch of the legion after Thramas.
But all the Night Lords are like that.

Where are they from? I've been using hellion glaives with some converting. They look way better.

I love the part when the ultramarines blow up buildings when retarded rage world eaters charge into them. WE gonna WE.

I just had an amazing match this weekend with my Legio Custodes & Iron Warriors against a friend's Death Guard. 4200pts per side, fully painted and based.
It was a close victory for the loyalist side.

Mortarion engaged two squads of three Custodians and got tarpitted to death. He actually strikes after Custodes because of his scythe.
The Telemon was a huge fire magnet, and my opponent's duo of Laser Vindicators really rekt my shit.

All in all, it made for some amazing shots. Some were made with my phone, the better ones were made by a friend with a professional camera.

Attached: 0b298637-d8f9-4714-ac7e-7c1b5b8474e0.jpg (1066x1600, 370K)

Attached: a6329df7-5ba2-4adf-8f2c-932ee55feb74.jpg (1066x1600, 288K)

Attached: eca2896c-bb1a-48db-a157-32f6ee88f71c.jpg (1600x1066, 342K)

so blackshields have an optional ability where you can make all your astartes have +1 str, -1 T and -1 initiative. they also have a weapon called halo blade thats +3 str, ap 3, two-handed. im making a cata terminator reaver lord and i need to decide on a weapon (can't magnet him either).

so that being said, would you rather:

1. thunderhammer at str 10

2. halo blade at str 8

halo blades are more expensive, but they don't have unwieldly. having a str 8 unwieldly seems bloody good, might even make up for the points and concussive. maybe ...

thoughts?

Attached: 2cadc24e-48ba-4e2d-8a37-502aebabf859.jpg (1600x1066, 324K)

Attached: 44205290-fb0e-471e-82f7-578c82a4d568.jpg (1600x900, 307K)

What is in HH Book 7?

Attached: 0d38b914-fd58-44ca-a7fd-75edf0e7a82f.jpg (1600x900, 190K)

Attached: 49b539af-fdd9-4df1-b2af-be3512ef33cf.jpg (1600x900, 156K)

Attached: 8cea2bb0-e61e-4bee-9c6c-6520663420eb.jpg (1066x1600, 330K)

Attached: 80ebdad3-71b8-42d9-ae5a-b5f7a8d4f7b6.jpg (1066x1600, 296K)

Attached: d5f0c3df-48a3-41de-b6ac-3dc61adf66b4.jpg (1600x1066, 398K)

A series of barely-legible clerical errors masquerading as rules for furries and a Legion that Did Nothing Wrong

Attached: 774b988f-5e1a-4b3f-b890-8472aa3b2fdc.jpg (1600x1066, 430K)

Who's the robot guy?

Attached: 0b29c5df-97b5-420e-87b4-349544cf54c1.jpg (1600x1066, 325K)

Mortarion

Attached: 003d913c-cad3-4c47-a17f-b19c4699532f.jpg (1600x1200, 337K)

No I mean the small dude next to the custodes.

Looks like a fun game btw.

It looks like that dread's trying to sneak around.

Attached: Even In Death I Am Alpharius.png (1103x816, 446K)

if you can't take any WB specific units... are you really playing WB?

Attached: 1400543146606.gif (300x225, 3.54M)

Chainfist.

You want AP2 and Armorbane>Concussive.

S10 has a chance to splatter custodes (the ones that don't have eternal warrior anyway) and some magos builds, so I'd go with the thammer out of those two.

I would go chainfist, but out of the choices given a thunder hammer is better. 50% chance of a glance or pen per hit against AV 14 and can splat custodes as well as ignoring armour saves. Halo blade is so situational that I would almost consider it useless. I suppose it would be decent for hunting mechanicum robots but for that case you probably want someone more mobile like a biker or jump pack dude.

In almost every instance, I will choose the Hammer. Halo Blade is AP3, which seems really good on paper for at-initiative mulching of enemy troops and Mechanicum stuff which rarely has 2+ save, but it costs a jarring 25 points, and will most likely become a magnet for enemy units with Terminator armor and even regular squads with AA Sgts who are not only 2+ saves but also will probably have AP2 of their own in the form of Power Fists, meaning you should also invest in an Iron Halo and Cyber Familiar just so your expensive Reaver Lord isn't pounded to dust in the first round of combat by something that saved against his AP3 attacks, even if he struck first. For that same 25 pts however, you get a Thunder Hammer that might strike at the same Initiative as an enemy match-up, but is guaranteed to force an invuln save or outright slay said enemy. Christ forbid your opponent take a RoW that allows Terminators as troops and completely negate any strategy of letting your Lord handle the heavy-lifting against enemy infantry,

If the Halo Blade was way cheaper, maybe 15 or 10 points, I'd say it's totally worth building around as an infantry blender, but at 25pts, the Hammer is the better investment way too often to even consider the Halo Blade. Believe me, I really tried to make the Halo Blade a cool choice.

Mortarion's tallyman. Just a model there for fluff reasons.

This image almost makes it seem like the game is in a different scale, with normal custodes the size of marines and the telemon the size of a normal dreadnought.

Can't tell if it's amusing that Mort, with the big attack-everyone-in-base-combat scythe, got tarpitted, or surprising that he toughed it out so long against 5 'stodes with the big dread coming in at the end by the looks of it

Neat.
Guess this is him when he reaching the "bit crazy, neumrology obsessed" stage. Any idea what the actual model is?