Would you play a campaign set on Pandora?

would you play a campaign set on Pandora?

Attached: archery3.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30QzJKCUekQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

only if you get to play as the human mercs

I think both human campaigns (as mercs, scientists, scouts, avatar-drivers etc) and na'vi campaigns have some merit to them, they would certainly be different from each other despite taking place in the same enviroment

Honestly yeah. The setting was great, it was just squandered on a lazy story. If you could give the na'vi a more authentic tribal society, some diversity and conflicts outside of dealing with the invading humans it could be pretty interesting. I'd love to see the Iroquois Confederacy or mesoamerican civilizations but on a jungle moon with space-faring empires bearing down of them. If guns and horses changed native american lifestyles so much, imagine how crazy they'd get suddenly having access to space ships and mind controlled clone bodies.

I can think of one context where it would be acceptable.

youtube.com/watch?v=30QzJKCUekQ

Apparently there are other biomes on the moon other than jungle, so presumably there are na'vi that are different from the jungle-living ones in the film.
And you can't forget Eywa, the supercomputer and/or deity that sort of controls the entire moon. It aught to be a important part of any campaign

Attached: Call.webm (1280x720, 1.26M)

does it include cute na'vi girls to interact with?

Attached: 1505995711590_cr.jpg (334x903, 73K)

Are you trying to imply that you want to touch tails?

Combine Pandora with Pandorum and we are going somewhere.

The Na'vi are for enslaving.

that's one of many possibilities

Attached: 1234565434231.jpg (480x694, 113K)

shit she makes me horny, I'm trying nofap but damn she makes me horny
I always loved skinny, tall women
why'd she have to be that and also blue?

if they have sex touching tails, why do they use coverups on the same places humans would?
it's not like their genitals are there anyway, what are they hiding?
is this explained anywhere?

Only if I can

D.R.O.P.
Rocks
On
Premises

Forgot Pic

Attached: D.R.O.P..png (860x460, 759K)

I think the serious answer is that they actually mate the same way humans do, and the hair thing is there as a sort of psychic bond.

>only if you get to play as the human mercs

I did run game like this as oneshot to acclimatize new players in our group and Avatar was a big thing then. It was much more enjoyable, than I expected, but we were forced to throw away original story, because it was too much constricting for adventure to develop. The "pre-Sully" era was much more fun to explore.

>D.R.O.P.
Also this, my merc group had hard time with tribes from Great Planes, while scouting for for anomaly in gravitation field (cheeky insertion of Engineer ship, with damaged FTL engine, that was revered by locals as 'Great Demon'). They end up calling air support from orbit and having Apocalypse Now moment, while watching kinetic orbital strikes evaporating lake village. Since then, they were ready to D.R.O.P everything in their path, so I was forced to enforce "No Kinetic bombardment" rule, because of company image back on earth.

what said, they actually fuck, give birth and nurse the same way humans do. Connecting queues is for the experience of, well connecting your brains together. And at least Neytiri's clan see it as definitive evidence that two persons are mated for life

Attached: connecting.webm (1280x720, 2.52M)

Wasn't she specifically made to be as attractive as physically possible or some shit?

What system did you run it in?

i don't know, it's been years since I watched this shit
she's pretty damn hot though

She's supposed to be hot, but I don't think she's supposed to be the final word in attractiveness. I don't even know if that's possible, everyone likes different things and all

Attached: leggings.webm (1280x720, 1.15M)

It's basically Pocahontas in space.
I'd rather go for somewhat less-cliche version of the story.

Attached: Albion.jpg (546x700, 98K)

We were originally running Shadowrun, but the system was way too dense for quick game like this (but players loved the D6 pools), so with some help, I hacked the system of all the ballast, until we ended up with something, that promoted:

>Quick Gunplay /w tacticool elements
>Land Exploration /w Stealth mechanics
>HighTech shenanigans and basic chrome

It may sounds like lot of work for oneshot, but we already had few houserules for better flow of combat and roleplay. But if I ever revisit this game, I would probably grab something like GURPS lite with splatbooks for tacticool operators.

Note: The Shadowrun mental mechanics were good, when mercs encountered the Eiwa attempts to fuck their brains.

what about na'vi allied with humans?

Attached: cm_ney - Copy.png (1081x1867, 3.89M)

>people actually think the na'vi are hot

They just look so bizarre though, all gangly and with dumb hair.

Attached: 1452030758049.jpg (1813x2111, 912K)

did you use some sort of "class" system adapted from shadowrun?
I could see a way to make it work, especially for humans that could have really specialized jobs and equipment unique to their "class".
I suppose it could work for na'vi too, but I don't know how to make it really diverse

Most likely not. I'm not a big fan of the world. It really boggles my mind that so many people think it's the most amazing thing ever, but hey, they can like whatever they want.
Maybe if we played some kind of exploration/monster hunting game it would be cool.

My Deathwatch Kill Team was dispatched there to end its heresy. We had a fun, multi-session battle through the jungle where ammo and survival mechanics played a big part before finally killing the foul hive mind that controlled the planet's ecosystem. Soon after the Mechanicus Biologis began doing its thing while much of the planet was strip mined.

Sure.

Attached: MEgVf.jpg.jpg (1024x576, 90K)

Not saying that the Na'vi don't have a lot of problems with the whole "we refuse any technological advancement whatsoever" thing, but that guy comes from a literal dying planet that was only able to come to Pandora to mine resources because it had somewhat livable conditions, and even after discovering that the biggest priority was to mine it for resources to please shareholders.

>setting was great
>earth animals with bioluminescent bits

>exploration/monster hunting game it would be cool.

>party is dispatched with exploring something deep in the unexplored jungles covered by intense magnetic fields, making vehicles and instruments go haywire
>only have fuzzy satellite photos and the local knowledge of human-allied na'vi's to help them
>the dangerous journey has to be made on foot or with very primitive vehicles through thick jungle filled with dangerous animals, strange plants, breathtaking scenery and xenophobic na'vi clans
>as they venture deeper into the uncharted territory strange visions and hallucinations fall upon the party

>both humans, avatars and human-allied na'vi playable
>motivations can be everything from wanting to explore, further science, get paid a obscene amount of money, fulfilling obligations or doing old school big game hunting

Attached: Stalktiri.webm (1280x720, 2.73M)

>albion

Damn, that takes me back.

they're tall slim sort of catgirls with long legs and very sensual and graceful movements, and they're practically nude.
And braids arn't dumb!

Attached: neytiri3_by_boris_dyatlov-db602k2.jpg (1300x1044, 479K)

I for one feel nothing towards her. She looks twinkish to me even

>Psychic memory tree
>Magnetically charge floating islands
>Thick enough atmosphere to allow easy flight
>Wildlife evolved from hexapodal frames
>Planet itself is a moon of a gas giant with all that would entail

how about those ponytails, I bet you can do something with biological USB-ports used to control animals and connect to some weird internet

>merit
>na'vi campaigns
Maybe if playing as primitive blue hippie is your thing.

Vietnam 2: Blue Cat Boogaloo

Only if the campaign involves orbital bombardment.

>I need a ship to Pandora
>"Which one? There's like twenty."
>The moon
>"Doesn't really narrow it down."
>Floating mountains?
>"Four of those."
>Blue cat people one.
>"Oh, right. Gonna be 5,000 credits plus the 20k I'll need to bribe us past the UN EcoPreservation battlesat network."

Sorry for taking so fucking long to answer.

With the homebrew I basically recreated the archetypes, that could be edited and developed certain ways.

>Light Merc :: Scout / Sniper / CQC
>Standard Merc :: Medic / Shock Trooper / Support
>Heavy Merc :: Demo / Heavy support / Siege
>Technical :: Pilot / Engineer / Drone Ops
>Science :: BioChem / Antro / Doctor

But I am not sure if it is correct, or if I did forget something, as I recall this from sessions that we had few years ago. It was all based around having "training" or having "license to operate". I had few more classes, but these were the ones, that my players choose to play. The left thing is base of class/archetype, the right are possible specialization. It was possible for Heavy Merc to become Pilot, but he was forced to commit more karma points for it, as it was outside of his "scope".

Also I had only humans, Na'vis were NPCs.

As much as I hate to admit it I was obsessed with this movie when it first came out, so I came up with all kinds of scenarios on Pandora

Some of the ones I remember:

>You're a bunch of wildcat miners & guards somewhere deep in the Pandoran interior.
>Things are going pretty well, all things considered
>Too well
>Why does wildlife avoid this place and the closest Na'vi tribe is 100 miles away and refuses to even talk about the area?
>Whatever, job's easy and pay's good
>Week two into the mining, the foreman's trailer is found busted wide open (as in torn up in a way even a Thanator couldn't do), the foreman missing, and a bloody trail leading out from the building and into the forest

>You're a few Avatar drivers in a Na'vi village in a northern desert when one day you're intruded upon by two crazed RDA mercs in a helicopter shooting at a viperwolf they've apparently been chasing for miles. One of the warriors kills both the mercs once they start shooting up the village trying to kill the viperwolf and keep people away from it.
>Less than a day later, viperwolf is revealed to be The Thing when it attacks of the alien horses and John Carpenter shenanigans ensue

>You're small group of scientists and RDA bodyguards in an outpost near the cost, and one of you is like 80 percent sure there's some kind of wreckage partially submerged off the coast, and definitely not of human origin. Only thing between you and the wreck is the Pandoran wildlife, that Na'vi tribe that attacks trespassers on sight, and the rogue corporate mercs who found this out at the same time and are also planning on salvaging it.

I did once. It was a Paranoia game, where the team got to the surface and then discovered the world filled with blue Communist Mutants. We safely managed to kill them all before the radiation poisoning from micronukes gave everyone Mandatory Euthanasia Breaks.

If life evolved from 6-limbed shapes/forms/bases, why do the Na'vi only have four limbs?

Supposedly from the common ancestor of those lemur-like creatures you see early in the movie. You even kind of see how their four arms are semi-merged and they have a bit of hair on their heads.

Why not just engineer a virus to wipe out the Navi? There would be less collateral.

>but I don't know how to make it really diverse

Practically all na'vi will know archery, how to ride horses and icrans and have deep practical knowledge about their environment and how to survive there. But I think there are ways to make different na'vi classes that stand out.
>hunter
while all na'vi can hunt some show a incredible ability to track down and kill their prey, be it stalking through the jungle or taking well-aimed shots in flight on a icran
>warrior
Tasked with the defense of their clans (at least more so than other clanmembers) these na'vi are the strongest and most martially skilled. They are also required to be remarkably fearless, going up against huge beasts and the machines of humans with only bows, spears and knifes
>matriarch/shaman/mystic/whatever you want to call it
female na'vi who show a deep connection to Eywa. Known to receive

fuck didn't mean to post it prematurely, well whatever
... known to receive visions and guidance from their goddess, as well as knowing how to delve deep into the holy trees that dot the landscape. They also serve as their clans medical "professionals" and know much about the properties of different plants and animal parts that can be used for healing.
While they certainly know how to handle a bow their training has left little time to perfect their martial skills.
>Singer
while all na'vi sing, there are specific singers that have a more daunting task. Primarily a female profession, singers serve a important role in na'vi clans as they both lead work-teams, using their songs to help keep a even pace and also because they have memorized long songs about na'vi myths, legends and history (although separating those is difficult) that have been passed down verbally.
The difficult task to memorize long tales without any sort of writing has made the role reserved for intelligent na'vi, and they have as a consequence not put much focus on martial skills.
>humanboo
Basically a na'vi that became interested in humans after having made contact with them. They might have attended basic human education or worked simple jobs. Something they all have in common is that they picked up some skill or skills their primitive clanmates lack, be it knowledge to use firearms, a human language, basic medical care or simply a understanding of how human society works

Oh Christ, the na'vi autist is on Veeky Forums now too.

Know how climate change is mostly irreversible now? What if the people in a 50 years, born into a shitty world that's no fault of their own, were given a resource that effectively ends their energy poverty?
What would you do, what would you allow, to secure that resource? What if it's availability was threatened?
It's not so black and white and the movie is a crime for ruining such a potentially good story.

If the energy crisis wasn't so severe that they could actually work with the Navi, or that there were other moons to mine the magic mineral, maybe we could have actually had blue catpeople with guns. Alas, it only exists in our dreams now.

And since Navi-faggot has ruined all discussion of them, fuck that too.

>imagine how crazy they'd get suddenly having access to space ships and mind controlled clone bodies.

there was a thread a while ago somewhere where I read that the humans could get along with Eywa by explaining to it that it was in danger as long as it only existed on Pandora, since some cataclysmic event might wipe it out. So in return of allowing them to mine on the moon the humans would help spread Eywas saplings. And there was also something about having Eywa-saplings as biological AIs on spaceships, growing them inside the ships and having connections so it can interact with the digital systems.

>Earth animals

Where do you live that you have giant reptilian bats that eat you unless you mind link with them?

Attached: 1493745665968.png (351x351, 167K)

In a setting this great? Oh hell yeah.

Attached: 1776592_1.jpg (630x630, 107K)

>tfw Borderlands had an interesting setting of a failed planetary colonization
>it's forever tainted by Gearbox and Anthony Burch's shitty meme writing

I want the pain to end.

>A very valuable substance that hasn't been found anywhere else. Why is it only found here ?

>Floating rocks. Sure, they are held in place by the moons gravity now. But why didn't they fly off into space while the moon was forming ?

>Tendrils that allow the sentient population of the moon to link their minds with all the large wildlife. What evolutionary pressures led to that evolving ?

>An intelligence existing within the moon that can take control of the wildlife if required. Again, why did that evolve ?

How sure are you that Pandora has a naturally evolved ecosystem ?

Feel bad for the guy who has to tell the locals it's a 50/50 shot their planet is some kind of abandoned biology experiment

They'd probably just hoot and murder him like all Navi do.

what if it's not abandoned, just monitored on a distance?

Humans had only explored a small part of Pandora by the end of the movie. Plenty of ways for someone else to be monitoring Pandora in a way that humans didn't notice. Maybe a transmitter capable of an interstellar broadcast elsewhere on Pandora. Maybe the interstellar transmitter is elsewhere in the system and the one on Pandora is only interplanetary.

Maybe the creators send a ship every few decades just to see if everything is going as planned.

Australia

yes

Attached: nip1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.74M)

and yes

Attached: nip2.jpg (1920x1080, 48K)

One more I remembered:

>You're some Na'vi who find discover one day who find that a huge section of the forest is covered in this strange, cold, blue-white substance.
>The Sky People call it 'ice'
>The Sky People are also very nervous and very curious as to why 400 square mile section of the jungle has frozen over and it's spreading by the hour
>Up to you and a few RD Mercs/scientists to figure out what the fuck is going on. A expeditionary force was set in a few days ago but they haven't radioed back since breaching the inner perimeter of what Hell's Gate is now affectionately referring to as "West Pole"

>one of you is like 80 percent sure there's some kind of wreckage partially submerged off the coast

80% sure that there is something there ?

Or 100% sure that there is something there, but only 80% sure that it's a wreck ?

jeez those pics are rough

Attached: Neytiri_5786.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

Attached: Neytiri_1399.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

>be ayy
>check up on your biological AI/constructed ecosystem hobby project
>there are weird barely space-faring aliens fucking with it

what do?

>HOL UP
>*develops plot armor and hoots at machinery*
>SO YOUS BE SAYIN
>*tries to murder people giving away free medicine*
>YOUS BE SAYIN THAT
>*uses ponytail dong to fuck a pterodactyl into submission*
>THAT WE WUZ
>*fails to adapt to technological advances despite outsider tech being the only thing that saved them*
>WE WUZ ECKSPERUHMENTS
>*declares a white male outsider as their sovereign leader for ponytail-fucking the biggest pterodactyl*
>AND SHIEEEET?

why is Neytiri so lewd bros?

who?

Do we get to kill Na'vi? Do we get to fuck Na'vi? Do we get to kill humans? Do we get to fuck humans? If yes, yes, yes, and yes, then yes.

A faggot from /aco/ who acts like Navi are the ultimate lewd alien with the ideal society and Avatar is the perfect movie while ignoring the glaring flaws of all of the above. He posts the exact same handful of images and webms while waxing poetic about how he wants to lick Neytiri's feet or whatever.

alright, well we can at least try to have a discussion and see what happens.
I think "humanized" na'vi could be a thing if the humans respected them a bit more and didn't try to kill them to get unobtainuim

I haven't read a word of this thread yet and I can guarantee that it's mostly just people feverishly masturbating to Quaritch.

not really

what if Eywa could manifest itself as a avatar (in the mythological sense) and walk among the na'vi (and humans I suppose).
That could be some plot twist

Attached: hugging.webm (1280x720, 994K)

Fuck off na'vi autist.

Hell yeah, waste the Na'vi.
Could be run with Only War, reskin the Eldar with primitive weapons and give the marines autoguns.

I don't think there was ever a time this wasn't just a way for racist shitheads to think they're being funny.

Leave it to the 40K genocidal autists to just go "KILL 'EM ALL" as if that's in any way an interesting scenario or setting.

I like the idea of Pandora becoming some forgotten backwater hundreds of years after the original movie and it's only remembered for its proximity to Sol and it being the first planet found with extraterrestrial life.

All kinds of idea you could cook up with the RDA being out the picture and Pandora being the moon you go to only if you're an insane survivalist, a pirate, poacher, or someone who just isn't welcome anywhere else in civilized space.

>Playing an 8 foot indian far stronger than a human fighting scifi soldiers and helicopters
>Not badass

Darling, if you can’t come to Veeky Forums without getting your panties twisted over a little (literal) black comedy, you probably might want to try elsewhere.

Reminder that, if the tie-in game is canon, Na'vi have long since invented crossbows and Sully isn't even the first person to get stuffed permanently in an avatar body.

Doesn't even qualifiy as 'little'. It's about as clever as squinting your eyes and doing your best fu manchu impersonation.

Quaritch was badass but also probably mentally unstable from the start and should've been rotated back to Earth years ago. I kind of have a theory that Pandora actually slowly drives humans insane over time, either through being constantly under attack by the wildlife or the thing called Eywa doing some kind of more subtle fuckery.

>wait how the fuck did these apes get here
>Okay there's a ship in orbit but it obviously doesn't have an FTL engine
>Did these monkeys seriously set up an extrasolar colony with only subluminal technology?
>Fuck the the hostile biosphere experiment, these guys are way more interesting

>hostile biosphere
>Literally comes to their aid when na'vi are getting fucked
Reminder that even as retarded as Quaritch's assault, it would have worked if not for the literal Deus Ex Machina at the end.

This is the moment we've been waiting for, see if the AI is good enough to overcome tech advantages in the initial skirmishes. Provided that happens, see how long it lasts under sustained assault.

Yeah, but almost all the time otherwise the wildlife is just as likely to eat a Na'vi if it has the chance, or anything it can get its teeth on really.

I think it was more the planetary intelligence going "You can kill the blue people but I draw the line when you're aiming right at me."

Surprisingly no, but it is masturbating to general HFY possibilities