Do you use Callistria in your settings? Sacred prostitution? The divine variation of succubi under her portfolio...

Do you use Callistria in your settings? Sacred prostitution? The divine variation of succubi under her portfolio? Or even the various assassin groups among her followers?

Seems like she brings a lot of interesting, if unconventional, things to the table.

Attached: calistria.jpg (286x500, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitoid_wasp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_pest_control
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yo for real I don't think any thing about a god could make me NOPE THE FUCK OUT than them having a sacred symbol/sacred animal be a wasp

Like nigga, wasps are the devil, the fucking devil. Callistria can stay the fuck away from me and mine.

Come now, surely you want some of thizzzzzz honey, mortal.

Attached: Vendenopterix.png (400x400, 27K)

Wasps don't make honey. You can't fool me!

Come on now, juzzzt one kizzzz...

Her favored weapon is a whip, right?
If someone make a cleric of her and DOESN'T get a whip of healing, he is doing it wrong.

You can't kiss mandibles, honey.

>Is that a whip? What kind of sadist uses a whip?

Attached: 0451208521875.png (1256x704, 940K)

No mandiblezzz here zzzweetie.

Perhaps there are a few kinds of wasps that make honey, but usually one thinks more of these kind of wasps:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitoid_wasp

Calistria > Lolth confirmed

Please no.

Come on, one tazzte and you'll be coming back for more...

>automatic suggestion effect buzzes in the background

But I've already promised my soul to Helm.

Shhhh, come on now. The first taste is free...

Wasps kill many, many parasites.
We would be in trouble without them.
Bees are the nurturing caretakers, wasps are the guardians.
But they are on our side user. Just they have a bad character.

>fuck the goddess of prostitution's divine servant
>automatic suggestion effect that you do it again kicks in

Attached: capitalism ho.jpg (482x495, 45K)

Wasps are on nobody's side.

She is CN after all.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_pest_control

I've got a setting with a goddess of love, marriages, fertility and so on where her clergy also run the bordellos. The ladies (and gentlemen) of leasable affection who work here do have to hand over a percentage of the profit, but they are allowed to work in safe and clean environments with access to birth control and protection from STDs. But if you want to go solo? Nope. Where the servant of the goddess have a finger or two in the (cream)pie you either work for them or not at all.

>Wasps kill many, many parasites.
That's why they hate us.

No, I'm sorry, maybe in another life. But I'm afraid I've got to end this.

Attached: raid-house-yard-wasp-hornet-spray-multiple-insects-aerosol-17.5-oz_25380806.jpg (300x300, 11K)

I'll leave this here...

Attached: Mangoworms.jpg (800x420, 43K)

This is slander. Those are not wasps.

I wonder what goddess of the demonweb pits is behind this post.

Sharess did it better.

meh

>Callistria

Revenge AND lust, you say? I'm sold.

How so? By at least being associated with passion and vengeance, Callistria has a use other than as "that guy" fodder. You can use her and her servants as furies for instance.

I’m a Loviatar man myself

Attached: 10347C24-5C6A-4E5D-8056-B53D0ECA8318.jpg (400x636, 57K)

My DM has his own setting he’s been running campaigns in for like 4 years now. He uses the Pathfinder pantheon but tweaked here and there, with a slightly different cosmology, and with a few new divine figures added into the mix. Calistria has actually come up a few times, she’s not super widely worshipped but she’s definitely got a presence in many cultures. Her most prominent worshipers are indeed prostitutes, but they’re actually quite dignified and more like courtesans. They have a guild with a fair bit of power, called the Nixie Guild. Not really sure why they’re called that, none of my characters have really asked before. Though one of them did hook up with their guildmaster after a series of very unlikely events. He was a very unlucky/lucky bard and smuggler named Sten. Dude lost his eye to a loan shark, lost his homeland to war, and lost his fancy smuggling carriage too, but somehow always ends up getting laid wherever he goes, recieved a Wish from a dying bronze dragon, became the official driver of a legendary flying elven chariot pulled by griffyns, and recently became a knight of a newly formed kingdom.

It’s a good setting and he’s a great DM.

>Could be a fetish.

Indeed Calistria's followers vary widely from lowly prostitute to consorts of the kings courts. But the most prominent devoutees are ofcourse her clerics. They build large temples with inspirations not unlike that of a hive, each sister is given a room to practice her art. The organization is entirely non profit, all funds are gained through their method of worship.

The Calistrian wasp, an abnormally large species of planar insect is never far from a hive temple, building their hive on or within it. These intelligent creatures secret pheremones that increase virility and euphoria while their sting is known to cause unimaginable lust for the next creature the victem witnesses!. The wasps do indeed create a honey like substance that is sold as a potent medicinal compound or concentrated into a aphrodesiac that could make even the heartless feel love.

Do not let their fuzzy appearence and warm demeanor fool you, every sister of the hive, wasp or otherwise is fully capable of enacting their goddesses raw lust for vengeance.

That's a bit like how I depict a "post-Reformation" Lolth in modern fantasy settings. She's the embodiment of the dark feminine--secrets, desire, passion and vengeance--alongside a mother-deity of wisdom, fertility, home and loyalty.

Borrowed a fair bit from Artesia's goddess Dieva.

Seems like Calistria brings a lot more to the table.