What the fuck is wrong with me?

I can't stop fucking buying high and selling low. Every single time. I'm a smart guy, I think I've learnt my lesson time and time again, yet I end up doing it again.

I need some tips Veeky Forums, I can't get it right. I don't want to be shilled new coins, just advice on reading the charts and knowing when to pull the trigger (both buying and selling).

Other urls found in this thread:

dadi.cloud/r/rz8kc2l38w
youtu.be/EwJfC6ZbVbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't buy at or near ath and don't panic sell

me too man, me too man. its just a matter of self control at this point. dont give in to your emotions

>1m candles

They say only 8% of day traders are successful.

Maybe you're part of the 92%? Feel better for being normal.

buy payfair. buy it right now. It's low and on a shit exchange only. It can only go up.

Thank me later :)

> Sort coins by % change
> Look at the ones in the red
> Buy one of those
> Wait

its literally that easy

I tell myself this each time it happens and I still get sucked in. Even with my shitty decisions my luck has been abysmal so far, I bought TRX at that last green candle before the dip in the picture I posted.

It's actually embarrassing, I don't know why I keep doing it. Destined to be a poorfag forever.

dont trade just find good coins and hold on to them

> I'm a smart guy
Or maybe you are too stupid to realize you shouldn`t be day trading.

Learn to pick up patterns and buy before it goes up. Buy low.

If the price was around 700 sats yesterday and dipped to 600 today, probably a good time to buy.

Just buy all the coins Veeky Forums shills. I did and I've already made 3k in a week

Because you don't know how to read the market and set your orders.

I zoomed in because I bought the fucking coins and immediately noticed them dipping, and to illustrate how bad my luck is down to the second. As soon as it happened I realised how stupid it was to do, but I can't stop myself.

>I can't stop fucking buying high and selling low
>I'm a smart guy

pick one.

Less is more be patient and stop day trading

Turrible

If you're looking to see massive gains on instant returns day trading this shit isn't for you.
Pick a few low alts you think might have potential and check on them in 3-6 months.

I wasn't actually day trading! I zoomed in to show what happened as soon as I bought it. I realise this one could still moon and it's probably a healthy dip, but the others I've bought haven't been and it's so frustrating.

No more emotional investing. Have your favourites lined up and get used to the prices they move between--up and down. When you see solid coins that you've done your research on, which are in your favs, down at their usual floor, buy. Don't second guess the tech. Don't think "Oh shit, now this coin is done forever". Buy at the low. It might dip a bit lower, but you'll be confident, knowing its usual price movement, that it will go up in a couple of hours/days.
Conversely, sell high. You know the range of the particular coin in question. You know it's solid, and that its MC deserves to be higher than it is. But when you get that ebullient feeling watching it rise to a new ATH and past it, thinking "OMG, MAYBE IT WILL RISE FOREVER", that's generally a good time to sell.

Personally, I'm much better at buying low than selling high. I always think a coin could go higher and higher and higher during a rise. That's why I do very little daytrading, and just hodl me faves. But these, nevertheless, are the fundamentals of buy low sell high, imo.

We're not going to spoonfeed you technical analysis. Google exists.

If you want to try day trading, get on KuCoin. The low volume is like easy mode. At least, it has been with DBC and BNTY the past week. I whiff on day trades on Binance all the time, but I've hit on almost all of them on KuCoin.

Thanks user, I guess I need to hammer this in and stop giving into FOMO. I've started following a few people on Twitter, one of which is known for picking up on good accumulation points with decent coins. Try to rewire my brain to see the lows as a buy point instead of the upwards ramps.

You are not a smart guy, user. Do your research, buy and hold for a year. Trading without knowing how = gamble.

If you don't know where to start, look OMG, VEN, ICX, XLM, ADA, QTUM, etc. There is a lot of youtube channels, forums, etc, to inform you about coins.

Do not listen to Veeky Forums, and always look for shills AND fud. You need to know the good and the bad.

Hold and harvest gains in one or two years. I learned this the hard way.

This user preaches.

Here's my tried and true method:

>See coin on Veeky Forums being shilled
>Research the shit out of it. Read white papers, look at the legitimacy of the tech, research the dev team
>Buy and HODL if it seems like a good buy

don't ask for advice "reading the charts" on Veeky Forums, it isn't easy nor quick to learn, and if it were everyone would be rich

Not to sound like a total fucking dickhead but I am a smart guy, just not educated enough with the markets and coins etc. I realise I'm complaining about not knowing something instantly that should take years to learn, but I'm trying.

I'm at a really shitty financial point in my life and I'm aware this is one of the biggest shifts of wealth in recent history, I want to try my best not to miss it so I don't end up poor forever.

>if it were everyone would be rich
To be fair user, a LOT of people have become very rich recently, many of whom are not market professionals.

Bruh how the fuck are you losing money in this market? You literally have to hold coins for longer than 3 days and you're guaranteed at least 10% gains on a non shit coin.

How fucking impatient are you?

yes, a lot of people on biz have become rich thanks to several alts mooning, however i'd say very few of us became rich thanks to our TA skills

When you see a few green candle lining up, you can be sure there will be a correction soon.
That's also when you want to fomo the most, but you have to control yourself.

Buy and HOLD nigah.

Also anything thats already gone up 50% in 24 hours is too expens.

That's exactly what I've been doing, my luck just hasn't been great. I made 300% on my Litecoin before I sold it but with the poorfag levels I'm playing at it hasn't really made a dent.

some would argue with me but uh beginner TA isn't that "hard" if you just want to be in the ballpark of correct also this is crypto which makes it real fucking volatile and fucks with TAing alot imo.

>kucoin whales means fuck all for TAing

p.s. don't "listen" to biz. If it doesn't moon 350% in a day its a "shitcoin" dont listen too all these pink wojak apes. DYOR.

For sure. And a thing to keep in mind in this bull market, and only in this bull market, is that the floor will raise permanently by a little bit after each really major pump. So if you're trading just day to day volatility, expect roughly the same highs and floors, and set your buys a little above the usual floor, and your sells a little below the usual highs, just to be safe. But if you find the coin actually legit mooning, don't expect it to crash all the way back down to its previous floor. It's new floor will likely be higher.

Woah what the fuck are you doing giving actual decent advice on Veeky Forums?

I guess I'm still a bit confused by it all. Half of me knows that long term investments in legitimate coins with good tech and a great team are a better investment, but so many people are many crazy amounts of money switching between pumps, regardless of whether it's a decent coin or not. That seems more like where I want to be right now, I'm happy to sit looking at graphs most of the day and have it take over my life to make some faster money, but I'm aware that even with good knowledge it's still a lottery.

pull the trigger in a dip, when you see red candles, then wait

Great advice, thanks for this. Now just hoping for TRX to pick up a bit again so I can regain what I lost. I fucked up the buying high but I refuse to sell low on this one (moving away from it as soon as I regain my losses/if I do)

I was like you 1 year ago.

>hurr I'm smart, so I will be part of the 10% of traders making money.

Easy way to go -40% in two weeks.
user, I know how you feel, but do what I'm telling you: research, buy, hold.
Also, work and keep throwing money into crypto.

learn about candlestick patterns and look at a 12 hour chart

also never look at 1 min candles again. Try not to make decisions even on the 5 min ones.

No problem my dude. I've mostly stopped daytrading--it's difficult to time shit correctly, even when you've memorized a coin's regular movements. But I wish you the best of luck if you really want to get into it!

I don't even consider myself smart in terms of markets! I don't think I'm an expert by any stretch, I just have a solid logical mind and feel like I shouldn't be making these stupid mistakes.

Knowing my luck I'll put my last bit of money into something just before the bubble pops (with the money I'm investing it seems like diversifying just doesn't offer any substantial return)

Ugh, I quoted myself. That is why I hold instead of trading.

>the bubble pops
This is a perfectly rational fear. But I legit don't think you can make money daytrading in this market without seeing the markets through rose-colored glasses and believing that the market has nowhere to go but up. It's behaving bullish AF right now, and that fear that it will all come crashing down (however legitimate a fear) will prevent you from making the right moves during the bull cycle we're in.

OP, just chil the fuck out. Don't check your coins every fucking minute and every time you think about selling just masturbate, watch a episode of your favorite series or grab a smoke.

There is a saying: you don’t have to run faster than the bear to get away. You just have to run faster than the guy next to you.

You are the slowest guy.

Just stop being that guy. Do not buy at ATH, do not panic sell.

i think we've all been bad at this before.

find a coin you like and believe in and just buy and wait. if you believe in a coin then even buying ATH is a new ATH's previous low. if you have very low capital you need to accumulate more before you move on.

if you buy at the wrong time don't panic and just hold for few days or weeks before it comes back

it's that easy

I think I'm going to calm it with the short term stuff and just try and invest what I can when I can in stuff that I think has legs. It's difficult when I'm this broke though, I've had next to no money for a year and it constantly feels like once this crypto bubble pops (if it does) I would have missed another opportunity to make some real money and be comfortable for the first time in a long time. Sorry for the life story, just venting haha.

You're right, but read above, I hate feeling like I'm missing out on these ridiculous gains. A few right decisions could get me out of a mess, a few wrong decisions won't really affect me (I've got fuck all money anyway).

I'm going to try be better at it. It's all a learning curving I guess.

You have no trading strategy. You need to know when you enter a trade, and when you exit a trade. anything else is just gambling.

Register for this ICO you'll be rich

dadi.cloud/r/rz8kc2l38w

"I have a logical mind but I can't stop falling for this emotion driven panic"
look user, the moment you realize you aren't as rock solid as you want to be is when you can start becoming better at anything.

ENTER WHEN I GET THE FUNDS
EXIT ????
LAMBOLAND

Shhhh. Don't tell OP the secrets. It undermines the precious delusion we all operate under, specifically; that it takes any skill to make money in this market.

This is why I'm so frustrated. I usually don't let emotions drive me. I think it's because money (or lack of) has made my life so difficult recently, so I'm panicking about making/losing it and making shitty decisions. You're not wrong and I appreciate the constructive criticism.

no problem user, the best part is like I mentioned once you accept that flaw is a part of you, it's possible to improve.

That's all I'm trying to do! A friend of mine has been in crypto for a few years now and has made an obscene amount of money (he's quite a big name I understand). 8 figures when I last spoke to him, having someone in my social circle do that well out of it just heightens that feeling of missing an opportunity and makes it very difficult.

(For those wondering why I don't just ask him for advice, I haven't seen him since he made all that money, and have you ever tried to pop up again to a friend who just made a shit load of cash? Difficult)

Get on coinigy, google every single indicator they have available. My favourites are the Coppock Curve, the Fisher Transform, MACD, and StochRSI.

I'm relatively new to crypto, 5 months in, but I feel like this is the first major lesson I've learned. I didn't think I'd be stupid enough to literally buy high and sell low, but I did.

I sold a lot of coins either WAY too early when I made a slight profit and they'd just continue going up (I'm not cut out to day trade and I'm OK with that), or panic sold at a small loss. Eventually I realized I was treating crypto like gambling instead of investing, looking for an immediate payoff. My hands are much stronger now, and I'm making much more profit on each of my trades by waiting out the dips and securing more gains by waiting it out.

Maybe daytrading is for you, maybe it isn't. You should put serious effort into studying everything you can about it, and be honest with yourself re: whether you are capable of daytrading. Being a hodler/few trades a weeker isn't the worst, and plus you don't need to spend all day looking at charts. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Pic related are some trades I made yesterday, I know what I'm talking about and I can read the charts so well it's like I can see into the future

user all of us who passed up on the things that hit it big feel that. We can all make it, just try forcing yourself to stay level headed so you don't keep yourself even further from catching up.

Go purchase VEN or LINK with 100% of your money.

AND DON'T FUCKING TOUCH IT FOR A YEAR

WTF, i hope you are trolling

Here's a rule OP

Buy into weakenss (red candles)
Sell into strength (green candles)

>I'm a smart guy
Smart guys don't say they're smart.

also something someone suggested to me one, if you feel the urges to act on this that and the other are just out of control, then when you set aside parts of your income to invest, set aside a piece of that to consider "funny money" that you can do whatever crazy stuff with you want and not feel bad about. just gotta try daytrading? well you have an allowance to mess with that. chances are you will waste the money but you can feel satisfied knowing you gave it a shot and didn't waste an important chunk of your money. if you can't get the emotional urges under control by force then just find a logical solution.

Well that's just horseshit isn't it. I never said I was a genius, but I'm capable. I never say I'm smart un-anonymously but I am intelligent.

Logged that! Will try my best to remember when I feel like money is slipping through my fingers.

Unfortunately I don't earn enough to do that, though it's not bad advice!

I hope you lose every fucking cent you lazy ass loser.

but you're poor...

God dude - stop selling.

I've multiplied my initial investment of £50 by 1000% from when I put it in a month ago

fair, only you know your exact financial situation. Good luck user.

Heh, fuck off

I did this and now I have bags of VTC and XVG

>I'm a smart guy

No

Is this based on the fact that everything seems to be growing right now? I was all in Litecoin when I started but got out as it fell (the only good decision I've made so far). It's currently minus, would now be a good time to buy? It seems the value is diving because of Charlie selling off and posting a few things about it potentially falling. Will it still rise?

If you were a smart guy you would have read the replies before commenting just in case that point had already been addressed. Moron

You're investing money that you can't afford to lose.

i mean do a little research lmao

I'm not reading the faggot thread fuck off

Pretty much, but when you're earning fuck all and see an opportunity like this, it's hard not to. It's probably stupid, but I don't want to pass up on this. I'm still up despite a few stupid decisions, and if I can control myself a bit more then hopefully I can continue going up. Once I've put money into crypto I write it off, I'm not relying on withdrawing it to pay for rent or anything, I just go without a bit for a month or two.

OP you seem like a genuine guy trying to learn so I'll help you. Firstly, if you're doing the HODL method, it doesn't matter what price you buy because literal every coin that's not a blatant scam will be up in a months time.

Now if you're trying to daytrade, you need more discipline. Don't let your emotions get the best of you. I don't care how much potential a coin has, what partnerships it has, how good their devs are, don't buy at ATH. Don't get sucked into moon missions threads where Veeky Forumstards are telling you to get in, Veeky Forums is probably the most reactionary board there is. Just don't do it. But what if it keeps going up? Oh well. Don't beat yourself up because you didn't FOMO in. A new coin moons every day, there is no shortage of opportunities.

What you should be doing is buying the dips. It's the easiest way to make money. Go on Binance and sort by 24hr change, and buy GOOD coins (not shitcoins that are dipping due to PnDs) and buy the ones that are down. Good coins like XLM, ICX, REQ recover from dips. Then just hold till it reaches its resistance. At that point, you can decide to sell if you think it won't break or hold even longer if you think it will moon. That's all there is to it.

I should mention that I went from 11 ETH to 20 ETH in a weeks time doing this method, just going all-in on coins that have dipped. You're literally taking money from panic sellers and idiots that FOMO in at ATH. Zero-sum game.

What criteria do you have for a good coin vs PnD? Is there something you look for that makes you suspecy PnD over what happens on those?

I just screenshotted this, thanks so much for that advice, seems like the most realistic and straight up advice so far. Really appreciate this user, I'll be trying this out. Thanks.

I am curious about what I mentioned before though about Litecoin, I'm assuming it will recover as it seems to be a bit of a staple but I'm not sure if I'm just being naive. I know the dev has sold everything and posted a few less-than-positive things on Twitter, could this legitimately kill a coin? Would I be stupid to buy back in in this dip/crash?

Well that takes a bit of research beforehand, no way around that. I daytrade only in coins I believe have long-term potential, not just a "flavor of the week" type coin that everyone forgets about. That way, if it dips even more after I buy the dip, I'm confident that it will recover. One red flag of a PnDs is if it initially pumped for no reason. Organic growth is due to announcements, product releases, exchange listings, etc. But identifying good projects takes work, so DYOR. Don't rely on Veeky Forums.

God speed user.

Definitely doing my own research as well, Im just looking at the coins you mentioned to see the examples in action over the past. So a coin like ICX hasnt been on Binance the whole time it was a thing right? I was looking at its chart and just thought "it went up once and stayed there I dont get it" at first. Thanks again user

BUY JIBREL COIN FEB 1ST

Ah quoted wrong post

I'm not a big fan of Litecoin personally because I don't think it offers anything groundbreaking like some of the other altcoins are doing. It's been in the 200s so long now though (in crypto time), this might not be a temporary dip but just it's stable price.

I've bought ENG at its all time high. First time buying on a high ever... lil worried...

I consider ICX a good coin due to its strong dev team, it's parent company, and the number of Korean partners it already has. It hasn't been on Binance for long because it's ICO was pretty recent.

Yeah it hadnt dawned on me that binance doesnt show the stats from before it was listed. Looking for apps or sites for that now I guess

That sucks man but you just illustrated my point. I really wanted to FOMO into ENG yesterday but decided against it. I bought it on the dip today at 0.0058 and it's already up to 0.0065 again.

trade with logic not emotion

CMC will give you the longest history

Well obviously maybe dont try to catch the knife after it went up 3x already

You're timing is off. Watch these crypto-graphs to get a sense of the sawtooth activity these coins have.

youtu.be/EwJfC6ZbVbE