Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ - Storytime Edition

Tell us a story, anons. What have your parties been up to?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Attached: header-bg.jpg (1920x879, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

commonroomgames.com/PF_char_sheet-fillable_6_pgs.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I haven't been able to get in a game is ten years. yesterday I messaged a group on Facebook, after making a Facebook. and I might have a Pathfinder game next week. wish me luck!

Attached: 1520470727774.jpg (890x900, 243K)

Falling apart.

I successfully made Mecha after my character watched too much Gundam. I sold the blueprints to a mercenary company's weapons and arms manufacturer in exchange for using their facilities to make one for myself.
I had to jump through a shitload of hoops, even after getting an honor debt from the boss of the Mercs after saving his daughter from a Federal Assassination team. Worth it, though.

After raiding a cultist's den and being party to an angel vs angel fight, they agreed to dungeon dive into hell to kill a wizard on behalf of the surviving angel and rescue the heart of a cambion, so now they're fighting a would-be Ultron with geometrically growing numbers of golems

What kind of heraldic would a landsknecht barbarian clad in full armor, Zweihänder in hand, would chose for himself?

Attached: DSC_9621.jpg (539x811, 91K)

A. Scheming on the side while getting ready for a ball.
B. If there aren't any more dragon encounters to worry about, diplomacy.
C. What remains of the party is trying to save what's left of their world.
D. They're trying to save and recruit a necromancer.
E. They're looking for their contact in the favela.

fuck off succ

I need some boss ideas. I'm making one that's two level 20s in the middle of a battlefield. One's got 10 levels in dirge bard and 10 levels in rogue, so he's basically just sitting there, playing dance of the dead, perpetually raising more skeletons. Doesn't really attack, just dodges shit and occasionally flings a spell or two. Going for a guitar and skeleton mariachi theme.

What would be a good companion to that? Mechanically or thematically.

Do Entropic Sage and Iron Mage hedgewitch stack?

Attached: 1484290511183.png (950x596, 178K)

Likely something related to his tribe. does his tribe have a totem animal?

A. Visiting the all-around superior city in a mess of a political situation.
B. A stealth mission! I'm glad I have like a -5 stealth.
C. Suffering and dismay, but maybe there's a little hope left.
D.Back to boating, and rueing the future ahead.
E. Celebrating a major victory with some relaxation, grievances for the lost, and maybe a little weed.

Not cool dude he just lost a family member.

The weirdness with replacing both your traditions is unclear, but otherwise, it looks fine. I though IM changed proficiencies, but I was wrong.

Good luck brother.

That explains why you posted that Ultron some threads ago while talking about PLD, Vult.

Can someone give me a run down if DHB characters that would make good NPCs for a campaign?

>Breaking and entering in a noble's house to steal a macguffin.
>Clear bottom floor somehow without anyone on the above floor the wiser
>Move up to second floor
>Decide not to fucking attack everyone
>Rogue keeps forgetting that those animated armors and the like aren't affected by stealth rolls.
>Opens necromancer's door
>Skeleton attacks.
>"What is it, Mr. Bones?"
>Comes out
>The big meatshield fighter rolls bluff to convince him they're the professional cleaners that come in every week.
>Rolls fuck-all.
>Necromancer rolls a 1.
>Disturb a mage after a lot of racket
>Succeeds bluff check for the same thing.
>Rolls nat1 on sense motive. Thinks we're students for something
>Rants about how the druidcraft classes or whatever are on Friday before disappearing back in the room.

Attached: 23915997_311044749393914_189243242669132906_n.jpg (500x381, 17K)

My players are still working to save XXXmas from a demon lord and his succubi lieutenants. Currently riding in a magic sleigh that timestops the world at the stroke of midnight between Xmas eve and Xmas proper. Santa is driving, the reindeer are satyrs, they have the demon lord's rather annoyed wife with them and the party paladin is the demon lord's son.
Though rl just stomped my schedule and game might be on hiatus.

Your session can be summed up by this gif perfectly...

Attached: luigi wins by doing nothing.gif (320x240, 981K)

But wait there's more
>Rogue later stealths again and peeps into another door, despite my insistence that everyone stops fucking with people because the whole floor is full of animated armors that mopped the floor with us on the first floor.
>Alchemy room where a student is being scolded about all those shitty potions she's making.
>Rogue shoots a bottle.
>Chain reaction leads to a dimensional rift opening up and sucking up a whole fuckton of people.
>Part of the roof collapses
>People come out.
>"Potion accident."
>everyone goes back to what they're doing
>Not only are these nobles racist, but they're also apparently retarded.

Attached: but wait there's more.jpg (506x433, 47K)

All of them, DHB is a master craftsman.

Which /pfg/ character(s) would your current characters want to bone?

All of them probably, she's a horny shortstack gunslinger.

None, my character is a celibate.

Get out of here, stalker

Jesus Christ man...

Attached: luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing.gif (384x288, 488K)

Gloriana

Your character needs to keep her legs closed!

Depends on the character in question.

There's also probably a demon or something wrecking their shit too.
>Someone opened a portal and summoned one.
>My character finds it and nopes the fuck out, tells nobody and we continue to the top floor.
>She was more concerned with a horrific premonition she'd gotten.
>The person who summoned it got annihilated and it destroyed the two animated armors in the room.
>RIP Mr. Bones and the necromancer.

Attached: 23795108_910399049118647_5506998296796745607_n.jpg (543x373, 25K)

It's more comfortable to do it with them open though!

OH SHIT
The GM just told me that Mr. Bones annihilated the demon while we were upstairs
Bless that necromancer and his skelebro's collective hearts. I love it.

Attached: e4c6a202efb6bb4b48e1bff276abbb43--funny-emoticons-ugly-faces.jpg (390x470, 38K)

This right here is the kind of greentexts we need more of.

So is the Necromancer and Mr. Bones one of the PCs or the owner of the mansion? I'm kind of unclear on that.

LIVE ones?

Any viable builds that make use of the Halfling/Gnome racial traits? I'm in the mood to play like, a shortstack right now I guess.

I'm going to be honest, did your party even need to enter the building? It seems like they're doing a bang-up job of killing themselves as-is.

Attached: Aiki.jpg (329x375, 59K)

>did your party even need to enter the building
Steal a mcguffin. Sounds like the McGuffin is well on its way to be stolen for them though

Im gonna rape one of my players with a bunch of fat dicked orcs to show his gf he is a beta

Attached: 1453264829737.jpg (400x390, 13K)

Why not just rape him IRL while maintaining eye contact with the GF? Then when he blows his hot thick man yogurt all over your bedsheets you can pat the top of his head and prove to everyone present that you're a better lover for him then his GF.

Then just use him as a sex toy until he breaks and discard him like the beta pile of trash he always was.

Attached: serina the rapist.jpg (960x544, 131K)

Post logs when you're done or fuck off.

>local alcoholic sees and knows everything
Tears to Wine on a skill monkey is a wild ride

>wanted to make a Titanfall 2 pilot
>Skipped out on the mecha, just made the pilot
>Can only mimic the grapple pilot kit

If they do a Champions Expanded book, I want a technician invention that lets you grab a sphere and use it a few times a day. With improvements that grant you extra talents with that sphere.

I'm planning to play one of these in starfinder soon

Was thinking of a daredevil operative.

Attached: botbot.png (315x402, 48K)

But that’s what’s keeping all those men by her door late into the night, it’s unseemly!

Do each of them.

You can already make a Pilot in Starfinder - they’re even coming out with mechs and robot PCs.

To expand on this, we have mechs confirmed since before Starfinder core launched. We also know from the back of Dead Suns 4 that the robotic race (which i'm super fucking excited for) is coming at the end of this month in the pact worlds book.

Attached: preview.jpg (1250x493, 419K)

They wouldn't be by her door for long, she'd let them in to join the fun!

Might as well. You can draw your own conclusions based on what I posted.

If she doesn't have a dick, the first character will probably try to bang her. The second character is (supposedly) spoken for and isn't looking to cheat. The third character is like the first character except feminine men aren't excluded. Lastly, the fourth character is all about drugs and free love.

She really is a gunslinger, she’s all about shooting hot loads into people! She needs to slow down with her free love ways, it might get her in trouble one of these days. Keep her at a 1 man per week minimum, pronto!

>Barbarian
>full armor

Kay then

Cute cat tho

Speaking of new Starfinder goodies, I’m really hoping they give us Graviton weapons and make them physical bludgeoning weapons. I love me some guns that just blow things apart through physics.

What short pathfinder modules (think one-shot or a handful of sessions at most) would be best for a group of just a DM and two players?

Does Crypt of the Everflame work well with just 2 PC's?

Well, we got what we came for.
The head of the house wasn't home so we trashed his room real bad too. It was great.

Gestalt.
Use Gestalt. This is what it was meant for.

There was shit we needed to grab.
Necromancer is just a resident of the mansion. Mr. Bones is the name the GM gave his skeleton.

By the sound of it they wouldn't be a tribal, sounds more like an angry-knight.
Armored Hulk or Ceaseless Juggernaut (I think that's the one from Horror Adventures?) get Heavy Armor.

How hard will it be to convert characters and adventures from 1e to 2e?

That's a snail's pace! She needs atleast one every two days, or she'll start bothering the party members!

Easy. Unless you're playing anything but a wizard

How can you be so sure?

Maybe the party members want her to satisfy their urges, they're stressed out too from all that adventuring! Alas, the point of this is to get her on the straight and narrow, she needs to direct her passions towards more constructive pursuits!

She can make weapons, and helps the smith out with such things! She just needs a bit of fun to unwind every so often!

He's making things up of course.

Did ya jerk off on his pillow so he can lay his head on your spunk each night?

We convinced at least five guys to commit suicide by proxy and managed to incite a pirate revolution by lighting a barrel of rum on fire, rolling it down a hill and dancing on it the whole way down.

In Starfinder, has anybody even bothered to make a viable Technomancer build? Mystic gets all the fun spells while you get okay-tier hacks and terrible spells at a very slow rate.

I might be blind, but I don't see a fillable character sheet pdf on the troves for pf, does one exist?

Not yet, my last PF character build was a Sorcerer, so went with Soldier for my first SF build.

Who will be the first to run Kingmaker 2e?

commonroomgames.com/PF_char_sheet-fillable_6_pgs.pdf

Some days I wonder if I would be better off dumping this game into a ditch and forgetting I ever played it. It's not like I'm even passable at roleplaying or mechanics anyway. Maybe just accept the normie life and abandon TTRPGs period.

Are you me user?

I'd suggest telling your current groups and GMs that you need a week or two off. You're probably feeling burnout, so just distance yourself from games for a while and relax.

Trust me, if your GMs are good guys they'll understand your needs. Everybody feels burnt out on games now and then.

I'm getting excited for the finally of my campaign even though it's still ages off. I think it's dangerous to let myself get pumped up for something so far off into the future, but I can't help but get excited. Even if the reality doesn't end up meeting the ideal in my head, I'm still feeling such excitement here and now, and it's lovely. I feel like my players are all so awesome, and they give me the motivation to pour my heart into this game every week. I love playing this game with them.

I wish I could have that feel user.

Every game I've been in has crashed and burned. Most never even reach the end of "act one" so to speak. I'm stuck with games dying at level 7.

I might just take this big roster of characters and start writing fiction about them instead of bothering with games

Attached: lucoa_by_blazbaros-db4i4cd.png (700x1000, 281K)

When making a character with a somewhat hidden "fuck everything i win" button that the GM doesn't notice, what would be a good time to bust it out?

Arguing about 2nd Edition.

I'm very excited to see this horribly rip apart my group of friends. I guess it's only fitting that it die from an edition war. You live by the sword, you die by the sword I suppose.

Can you add a maneuver known from your other initiating class' discipines to your current one? For example, if I'm a warder 3/harbinger 4, would I be able to add a 3rd level warder maneuver when I gain a new maneuver known from harbinger?

Are there any good third party campaigns that start at 5th level? I want to run a game starting at 5th for my group, but I'm burnt out on writing my own stories and such. Any chance at all of finding a decent one to run?

>things that never happened

Just run an AP and find a way to start it at Part 2. Skull & Shackles might work since its Part 1 is really weak.

Same for Rise of the Runelords, you can essentially skip Part 1 and not miss that much.

I'll have a look into it, thanks user.

Ever since I built a crit fishing build with a kensai bladebound magus, I have been itching for another crit build. My previous build was fun because the archetypes/class led to crit fishing. What other 1pp class/archetypes lead to crit fishing?

On another note, if I read somewhere correctly, 2ed will have crits when you hit 10 over an opponent's ac and a crit fail when you miss more than 10. How will crit fishing work now?

Attached: 3d-abstract female-warrior.jpg (1920x1200, 246K)

>Crit fail when you miss more than 10

Are they introducing Critical failures penalties? I mean, if you miss AC by 1, it might as well be a crit fail.

To be truthful, every game I've ever ran has fell apart too, and only one game I ever played in went all the way to the end (and even that was a bumpy ride with long hiatuses at multiple points). What's more, I actually just had a game I was super-into fall apart for various reasons and I'm still upset about that. So maybe I don't have a good reason to be excited like this for a game that's still in the equivalent of book 2. But I'm just foolishly optimistic about things when it comes to Pathfinder, or games in general really.

I'm sorry things are rough for you and if I could just share my own optimism like it were a thing I could just grab a handful of and pass out, I would! It's not a feeling that I can inspire with just a few poorly thought-out words on the internet. I'm just feeling so giddy right now for some strange reason (right now I'm blaming it on my jams coming up on the radio) and I had to put that giddiness out there somehow. It was this or shitposting, really!

Based on the podcast of the 2ed playtest the player got a hampered condition or something that took away1 of his 3 actions or something. Could be cured with spells or rest. idk what you mean by penalties. All I know is that for example, if the enemy has an ac of 25 and you attack for 15 or less it is a crit fail or something. IDK it sounds kind of retarded.

Fighters do have the feat access. Is there a good archetype for crit fishing for fighter? Should I go 1 or 2 weaponsw? At least with the kensai bladebound magus I had spellstrike/spell combat to act as an ad hoc two weapon fighting. Wasting feats to get twf seems to suck. And having to spend money to buff two weapons also sucks. Bladebound at least gave me a "scaling" weapon for free.

Trick is to not run games that you expect to last ten thousand years.

It's best to have a short arc with a beginning, middle and end in mind.

>Trick is to not run games that you expect to last ten thousand years.
Why is it so hard for people to grasp this? Everybody seems to want to have some unending saga.

They put it in Starfinder for degrees of failure on a Drift Pilot check. A failure of 9 or less and you just know you made a bad course. 10 or more and the trip takes an extra 1d6 (or more or less at GM fiat) or you accidentally go to an unfamiliar system, or your drift engines develop the Glitching condition.

Presumably they'll get rid of 19/20 weapons and improved critical. However, they *could* instead add things that could change the 10 requirement to, say, a 9, or 8.

This is probably happening, since they mentioned that some properties included reducing the penalties for things like multiattacks or cleaving attacks.

Also, you can crit with damage spells now just like weapons if they fail their save by 10 or more.

There is the Weapon Master archetype for the fighter that has class features dealing with boosting your crit potential.

The problem every game I've been in so far (except for two, which coincidentally are the only two running) is that it's been everything BUT the actual plan of the game that's caused it to fail.

Been in a hell's rebels game I only joined later on? One player that's been there from very near the start gets fed up with another player. No attempts to come to a compromise or solve their problems like adults. The player just up and leaves in a fit. And that acts as a catalyst for the rest of the game to go to hell just as it gets interesting for me.

Been in an iron gods game that I joined, again, a bit later on in the adventure, during a time where I had NO games? The GM goes on hiatus. Never revives the game later on. Even when me and the other player were deeply enjoying it (fuck you, I like playing drow fuckboys). That GM later pitches a Starfinder one shot to me and the same player. Nothing comes out of that. Later we learn he instead ran Starfinder for another separate group without even informing us or telling either of us he was doing it. I'd even made a character sheet. A space version of one of my favorite Pathfinder characters.

Joined a high level game? Perfect chargen? Lots of third party allowed? FULL ANIME? well fuck me, every last player and the GM has schedule problems that mean we get a game once a month. Then it dies. That's great.

So what happens when I try to GM? 33% of the time, a player has actually died in real life. 33% of the time, people have scheduling issues. 33% of the time I have a player that derails shit beyond possible repair.

Don't get me started on the """lewd""" games. Even in a game where it's advertised that I can go and fully reveal my power level, that's as honest as Ubisoft advertising.

It's been everything BUT the planning of the game, user

Attached: IMG_5734.jpg (500x500, 57K)

I won't necessarily say it's your fault, but you are the common denominator in these incidents.

Sometimes, the common factor is that a guy is incapable of figuring out which games aren't worth bothering with.

Are there any other crit classes/archetypes besides the kensai and weapon master? 1pp stuff if you can help.