>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
Tell me anons, what is/are your favorite class(es) and why?

Attached: 1519191042159.jpg (800x1000, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shapeways.com/product/MQRA7FSQX/great-weapon-female-fighter?optionId=63736698&li=user-profile
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>playing ranger without the unearthed arcana revision

Attached: how do I grab this shit.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

Actual unearthed arcana when?

Never

Artificer. Thematically anyway, mechanically they blow dick.

Attached: PS2 Farmer.png (1222x685, 1001K)

>is this my favored terrain

Attached: 1388599495428.jpg (499x360, 125K)

I need help finding a miniature for my fighter, /5eg/.

I need a female fighter in heavy armor with a 2-handed sword. I been looking and the pickings are actually very slim. Sword and Board minis are a dime a dozen, but god damn are the actual 2-handed wielding ladies hard to come by it seems.

If a paladin is affected by Feeblemind, can they still use Divine Smite and Lay On Hands?

Do it yourself on Heroforge, you can choose the equipment, pose and armor as you like.
Pic related, my new character, a former navy spearman now adventurer.

Attached: HeroForgeScreenshot(2).png (1366x621, 216K)

What's a fun race for a Monk?

shapeways.com/product/MQRA7FSQX/great-weapon-female-fighter?optionId=63736698&li=user-profile

Bugbear. The backstory can be a bitch to figure out but you can always go the Superman route. Enjoy your 10 Foot Punch.

Wood Elf! Halfling!! Whatever fits your back story dude idk.

Tortle
only race you can argue for a str monk even though dex is always better

Should I go Bladesinger to sate my ravenous thirst for weebery? or go Evocation and just weeb around in character. The weebing is non-negotiable as it's part of my characters backstory. (There's an Elf-East Asia in the setting)

I'm playing a Lizardfolk Monk/Ranger. Only took one level of Monk for DEX unarmed and bonus action Bites.

Being able to deal Dual-Wielding damage and use DEX spears from just 1 level in Monk makes me happy. Rest of my levels are just Gloom Stalker for the cold blooded hunter feel.

Would that character be by any chance...teenage?

names for kolbolds go

Kyle

>backgrounds and personality traits, which are almost COMPLETELY DETACHED from the rest of the system

For a shitty DM this is true. But for a good DM the players background should influence a LOT of their character mechanics.
Good DMs should absolutely give advantage/Disadvantage or lower/increase DC on checks based upon if the PC has a level of familiarity with the subject due to their background.
For example, a character who was a maid/butler/noble person would have some easier DC spotting a hiding spot of a fellow noble person while in their study. Because you know all the common hiding spots from your experience. While a farmer would have no clue where to look. This is supported on the DMs screen where it lists DCs for "easy", "hard" ect.
Even the information you give as a DM can be influenced by the character background. A Noble doing a check on a tapestry might get the historical importance of the piece and any important art history notes while a mercenary/soldier might get information about the fighting styles or types of weapons depicted.

Even in combat, a seasoned soldier calling out "how does the enemy look" would have some easy DC on opposing humanoids but a noble who hasn't seen a fight in their life would get either vague information or have a much higher DC to interpret what they are seeing.

I absolutely encourage using this as a DM because it promotes players really fleshing out who their characters are. Which allows players to be far more invested in their players and the story.

Snap-Snap
Cruncher
Growler
Mr. Scalypants

wasnt going for that meme just it has a high natural AC so you can go str instead of dex

There already was a thread:

Get out of here with that gay weeb shit

Shad please go

Go back to /a/, nigger.

>favored terrain and enemies have been in the game for like 20 years now.

When do we let this shit die? A Ranger that doesn’t know their terrain because it isn’t “favored” is a bad Ranger

I rolled the following
8/10/12/12/16/16 (any order)

I can use any race including all UA races. I would like to be a Samurai. What race/stats should I use?

a ranger from the jungle is going to know more about the jungle than the tundra

Gensai are great.

Honestly it's still fine playing Ranger without Revised. It's not great, but it's not like a 3.5 class where you can't get your own shit done, your shit is just too expensive to spend as much as you want.

Goliath. Granted, the mechanics don't all synergize optimally, but being a ten foot tall martial artist is fun as hell.

>maximum of +1 to either dex or wis, but not both
>mediocre racials outside of that
>great
???

Playing a Human Sun Soul, other then Mobile are there any good feats to pick up? Spell Sniper seemed okay just because it makes my Sun Bolts 60ft. and ignore cover.

I'm going for a vhuman for GWM. Or maybe Aasimar...

Anyone have a good method for tracking known spells for a Eldritch Knight and/or Arcane Trickster?

The normal sheet seems really wasteful given only up to 4th level spells are learned.

>When you cast a spell that requires you to make an attack roll, the spell's range is doubled
The sun bolts are a spell attack, but you aren't casting a spell. Also you need to know how to cast at least one spell to get the feat.

you asked for fun, faggot, not for minmaxing.

I am planning on joining a roll20 campaign. I have never played DnD before. What are some DnD faux pas I need to be ware of committing? What are some races/classes/multiclasses/alignments/backstories that are seen as less than desirable from a player? All I have played before is Dark Heresy.

Attached: 1732b44ed349f8ad954b3ccd38963e6c.jpg (564x761, 75K)

But... If you don't like weeb shit, why'd you come to a weeb site?

So is there any point to Performance rolls at all?

Yes but players have to be wanting to use that for it come up.

>Lizardfolk rarely use metaphors. Their speech is almost always literal. They might pick up idioms, but only with some difficulty.
Would it be safe to say that lizardfolk behave in a similar fashion to this faggot?

Attached: 267Ulquiorra_profile.png (595x480, 307K)

>make self

it's actually pretty accurate except I'm growing my mohawk out (and I'm fatter)

but I think I want to whip this out when I crit, DMs need a mini too, right?

Just keep in mind you can ONLY do that while you're not wearing armor.

FML

Attached: file.png (664x974, 402K)

This has been a Donald Trump fansite since 2016, get with the times kiddo.

That's why I went Lizardfolk, good old +1 Studded Leather by default and at higher levels when I start boosting Wisdom more I can use my Monk Unarmored defence to get it higher.

an Illusionist casting Presdigitation and minor illusions for coin

Only seen it when the Bard wanted to attract as much attention as he could

>Samurai

Samurai is shit.

>>favored terrain and enemies have been in the game for like 20 years now.
Favored enemies, yes, favored terrain seems to come from Shitfinder.

r/thedonald please go

Halp

So what cool gadgets could martial characters get to have more utility? Especially out of combat. I can't think of much more beyond a grappling hook.

Attached: 1519444721764.jpg (500x667, 38K)

RAW, yes. RAI, no.

First instinct would be to look to Monster Hunter for inspiration if it were me.

You can gain favor with or sway a crowd/mob.If you're proficient, you can sustain an aristocratic lifestyle using the performance skill. That's about it.

Everybody needs a mini.

Attached: Brethren-before-wenches.jpg (600x406, 110K)

Is the "Human Determination" feat OP?

Basically follow the golden rule here- evil alignments and sometimes Chaotic Neutral are viewed with suspicion because of their tendency to piss in other player's cereal.

Multiclassing Warlock with anything charisma based is a bit cheesy- honestly multiclassing is an optional rule and you can fuck over your character if you don't know what you are doing so I might steer clear of that.

Anything in the PHB, Volo's, or Xanthar's should be fine, just don't ask to play any of the wiki homebrew races or classes because most of that is super busted. The elemental evil players companion has a flying playable race but it is often banned because it is quite powerful and harder to plan for.

Aarakocra Monk Trying to spread bird communism wherever he goes

>communism
>Aarakocra
Don't you fucking dare. If you're gonna spread communism, your aarakocra better be styled after a shit bird like an ibis or a turkey.

I love playing characters who believe in what is basically Anarcho-syndicalism and toppling over all hierarchies and governments.

>The idea of ownership baffles most aarakocra. After all, who owns the sky? Even when explained to them, they initially find the notion of ownership mystifying.
>Not Communists

They'd be closer to anarchists, desu.

>Aarakocra
>Anarkocra
>Anarcho-Communists

It's Lucky but you can only do it once instead of 3 times, so I wouldn't say so.

>After all, who owns the sky?

The answer to that is seagulls. Fucking shits.

Jesus.
>Halved speed for 21 days
>TWENTY ONE (!!!)
>The whole chart is like this
>Absolutely no interesting effects

Creatively bankrupt, strongly penalizing AND incredibly unfair to PCs. It's like an OSR player's worst nightmare.

Personally, I'd ask the GM to reconsider, and leave if he won't. He doesn't know shit about fun OR balance.

Is martial without extra attack even remotely useful?

false, law of the air says take what you can

Not really, no. But you can always dip 1 lvl into War Cleric and get a bonus action attack if you're desperate.

Rogues are good, yes.

Communist Birdfolk? I see someone has read Perdito Street Station

index cards

vHuman with Lucky and Human Determination

>aarakocra are commies
>kenku are lobotimized gypsies
Damn, WotC really hates birbs

Hobgoblin's "Saving Face" works for ranged spell attack rolls too right

Saving Face. Hobgoblins are careful not to show weakness in front of their allies, for fear of losing status. If you miss with an attack roll or fail an ability check or a saving throw, you can gain a bonus to the roll equal to the number of allies you can see within 30 feet of you (maximum bonus of +5). Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Just says "attack roll" with no qualifiers. Why the confusion?

No, communism is the collective ownership of everything. you need to have a concept of ownership for that.

If something is owned by everybody is it owned by anybody? Communism usually rejects the notion of "private property" while retaining the notion of "personal property". Maybe the aarakocra go a step further and do not even believe they own absolutely anything and everything is for communal use.

If you surround yourself with animated spoons, does every spoon count towards that?

I mean I guess, but you'll still have to respect the +5 maximum

>hobgoblin tries harder so his pet spoons don't think he's a wimp
not sure how I feel about that flavor

Man, I hadn't seen a bag of rats argument from that angle before now.

>mfw Aarakocra were actually Kender in disguise the whole time

Attached: scream.gif (800x600, 1.7M)

Only if they have other ways of adding up the damage. Rogues and revised Beastmasters come to mind.

>can't smite, not wielding my preferred weapon.
>can't inspire, room is too noisy
>can't shapeshift, lunar cycle is not in the riht phase
>can't rage, this ambient music is too calming
>can't channel divinity, my god's presence is not felt on this continent

Have there been any more leaks of Tome of Foes?

If you fags ever keep any loot or magic items, you are dogshit roleplayers and metagamers.

The sad part is that half of your examples are easily avoidable or immediately fixable by player action and therefore not nearly as shitty as "well the quest is taking us into the desert for a month so I guess I just suck until the DM actively throws me a bone."
Non-Revised Ranger was a mistake.

Leaks? Not really, but the DnD Beyond interviews give us info on what sort of things are in the book

>Shadar-kai and Raven Queen
>Eladrin and history of Elves
>Halflings and Gnomes
>The Blood War

This is in addition to us knowing that there's a lot of things like angels, devils, demons, etc. Very much concerned with other-planar entities

Anarcho syndicalism allows for personal property. Just not private property.

>you are dogshit roleplayers and metagamers
That pretty accurately describes most people who actually want to play Aarakocra anyway.

Need a name for a Human in a very Roman style city.

People who play Kenku are even worse imo because Aarakocra are stated to be able to learn culture by spending time in it at least, whereas Kenku are cursed by their god

Secundus

bear traps and firebombs.bear trap on a chain. grappling hooks. My fighter is basically the parties elevator, he has enough strength to pull the party up on a rope.

>Normal start in a bar
>Players introduce their characters
>Comes to last player
>"I'm in the shadowiest corner of the bar with my hood up, eyeing the group"
>Never properly joins group, just starts following them because he's too edgy to talk

Why