>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>Thin ya paints, ladz!
youtu.be/wxWgsqSf74s

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is *ours*, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Attached: IMG_20180312_113811.jpg (1508x2018, 624K)

>that little planet earth

Attached: bear oh god yes.jpg (249x211, 24K)

I'm not sure how to make a wash. At what point is it good, and not too thick and runny? Should I even try(or just buy GW)? I have enamel and acrylic paint, and I've found enamel points tend to get too bubbly to normally be useful.

No one uses enamels on miniatures.

For washes with acrylics or oils you want it to be runny enough that it gets into the recesses and leaves the raised areas almost clean.

I just bought 10 different GW washes. Any reason you want to make your own?

Enamel wont work well for washes, or any miniature painting really. Steer clear of it.

What are you thinning your washes down with? You really want to use a thinning medium.

desu Id just buy GW/Vallejo washes unless you need a specific color they dont offer.

On a bit of a budget. Trying not to go overboard and buy too many things(especially considering how new I am), so I’m trying to avoid throwing money away if this doesn’t work out too well

Attached: 87A5275E-48D1-4280-82BA-881B8A33F677.jpg (4032x3024, 1.74M)

Also posting this in the other thread...

I've got an idea I'm working on for a Malifaux gaming table and I'm hoping to get more suggestions for it.
I know a guy who has a Glowforge (google it, it's fucking cool) and I'm gonna pay him to score 9 12"x12" sheets of cork (cuz Malifaux is played in 3'x3' tables) with a giant puzzle pattern. I'm going to paint the Neverborn logo (pic related) on it so it looks like a giant concrete puzzle of the logo. That's as far as I've gotten though. I'm thinking creepy trees and victorian buildings, anybody wanna throw in?

Attached: malifaux collodi.jpg (1024x408, 92K)

Posting some of my wip boyz

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_20180311_225540.jpg (1630x2308, 1.06M)

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_20180311_230230.jpg (1297x1878, 837K)

Attached: IMG_20180305_014913.jpg (1559x2410, 585K)

My phone outputs photos way too big for desktop Veeky Forums, damn.

That's a little more digestible

Attached: 3.jpg (1920x939, 179K)

Not sure if I'm a fan of the pink/purple highlights, but that's an interesting green. Almost sickly.
How'd you get that green?

While I'm not into their skintone and lip colour, the workmanship is impeccable.

Killsaw doesn't really match well, throws the balance of the model, I'd've used the bionic one from the nob kit or left it as was.
(Also it's upside down)

I think of all the things you could save money on, a good wash is the last thing id be trying to save on.

A good brown wash from army painter or GW doesnt cost much more than any other paint but could be used in almost any scheme if needed. And after thining your paints, using a wash is the number one thing to bring your models up to looking good level.

>dat Lord of Change
Uber.

The ad mech sydonian dragoon comes with a few holstered weapons. Does anyone have an idea on the best place to put them? Everywhere I've considered would jut out weirdly. I also considered just putting a bunch of them onto the side of an onager and adding on some extra bits to show its a supply tank.

I want to do up some Crusade-era Emperor's Children using a metallic purple scheme, sort of like the candy apple red some people use for Thousand Sons.
What's the best way to pull this off?

I do have an airbrush, though I'm still new to using it, so maybe I can make use of it.

Attached: candy marines.jpg (480x232, 124K)

What should I make the sign say to be used in 40k?

Attached: 20180312_140911.jpg (4032x3024, 3.52M)

Golden Throne Wok
Black Dragons Buffet
Khan's Takeout
Jaghatai's Attilan Cuisine
Tekarn Hibachi
Chogoris Delight

Jaghatai's Diarrhea Dragon

Two warcoptas.
The left is about 95% done with construction
The right is about 75% done with construction.

Attached: IMG_20180311_205310503.jpg (4320x2432, 3.53M)

I can look u the exact color later but it's started with a dark forest green and just mixed in white/bone white as you do highlights.

Attached: IMG_20171203_165859.jpg (1334x1778, 451K)

Damn, this is Roman Renaissance tier art.

It looks like you could add some dark green tiger stripes to approximate a camo face paint pretty easily with that skin color.

Good color choice.

>Sunday is lovely and sunny
>Forget to take my models outside to spray them
>Decide to paint my models today
>It's pissing it down with rain
>Too cold and wet for spray
>mfw

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>there are people on Veeky Forums right now who doesn't have a dedicated spraying shed with heat and air conditioning for 24/7/365 priming

Attached: 1501532140849.png (640x640, 12K)

>dat moon and stars on wings
>dat globe
>details on the armor and staff

That is one mouth-watering model

Attached: 1377290268473.jpg (184x184, 9K)

How come Tzeentch that are supposed to be so horrible and evil always come across looking cute in a dignified way?

probably because the stuff thats supposed to make tzeentch monsters horrifying is that they're constantly shifting, twitching, and contorting but that amount of dynamism is pretty hard to translate into a static model.

Remember, Tzeentch is also the god of hope.
For what is hope, but praying for change?

Attached: latest[2].png (297x317, 132K)

I've shaved the chest eagles off 10 chadmarines and I'm ready to turn them into chaos chads

Which legion or warband fellas?

Night Lords

I personally love the fleshy-green pallour look. Excellent work.

Can anybody tell me how I would go about painting my skitarii rangers like this? I'm pretty new and don't know how to get that dull teal look.

Attached: 7xlik3N.jpg (3264x2448, 1.16M)

Screw balance when making orks. I've seen this so many times, but it can look so much radder when intentionally unbalanced.

Not sure I follow. Just paint them a bright blue and work your way up to almost white through progressively brighter and sharper highlights, I guess.

>Base leadbelcher
>Layer stormhosts silver
>Wash druichi violet
>Spray tamiya translucent purple

If you'd like more contrast you can always
>Base leadbelcher
>Wash druichi violet
>Edge highlight stormhosts silver
>Spray tamiya translucent purple

Tempting

Attached: IMG_5832.jpg (1671x2256, 510K)

And yes, I know i need to clean up the chest more, it'll happen

Worked on some of my poxwalkers today during some dead time at work, still have a pile of details to do still tho

Attached: IMG_20180312_202312127_HDR.jpg (4160x3120, 2.86M)

look at Tamiya's metallic sprays. have used multiple blue ones before and would reccomend. only thing to keep in mind is they aren't acrylic so painting over the glossy metallic can be a little tricky - but nothing too serious

Danke, mi amigos. I appreciate the help!

Do my vanguard vets look good? Its my first ever finished squad.

Attached: 20180312_185703.jpg (2038x2039, 2.53M)

Looks bretty good to me m8

>that globe alone is better than most all of my models

Attached: 200%rad.jpg (727x322, 22K)

>Those red highlights
sugoi

Attached: oh my.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

acquired the top half of a knight really cheap, decided to turn it into a wreck

Attached: wreck.jpg (659x1156, 314K)

Shit we had the same Idea. I'm doing My Dudes™ rather than a specific legion though.

Attached: CSM test 1.jpg (3264x2448, 1.71M)

Not finished by any means, only the body and axe arm are glued together and I have a lot of sculpting to do.

Attached: CSM test 2.jpg (3264x2448, 1.75M)

Looks really good man

Nice, I like your straightforward style. What do you have planned for the bases?

Bork'an Crystal Palace

First time playing around with an airbrush and cane up with this. Pretty proud of it. Whaddya think?

Attached: FB_IMG_1520918731760.jpg (1080x1292, 57K)

Making a devastator squad for my dudes.

Turning out okay so far.

Attached: 180312_225429_COLLAGE-1.jpg (1304x1886, 278K)

garish
lacks carapace textures

Have you watched the Duncan tutorial on skitarii? I don't remember if he did the coats that exact color but you should probly watch it anyway

A second for my guys

Attached: 1520922491903591262511.jpg (4160x3120, 3.38M)

Test paint for my Grot skin. Skarsnik base, agrax shade, highlight face with Nurgling Green.
How's it look?

Attached: Grots.jpg (3264x1840, 1.7M)

looks cool. can you post pics from other angles?

looks good. could maybe do with more highlight on the helmets? you can highlight gold with very light silver drybrushing, that's simple and pretty effective.

naisu jobbu

Does anyone know where I can buy castle walls, towers, etc fitting for warhammer fantasy/Age of Sigmar?

Finished a box of Plaguebearers yesterday, thoughts on these bad boys?

Attached: 4F33DA03-20A1-4E0A-BA20-28961FFB2575.jpg (1111x622, 235K)

My ceramite white turned thick and clay-like in the pot. I've tried adding a few drops of water, breaking up the clot and shaking vigorously, but most of it still still this thick lump.

Do I need to get a new pot?

Pretty sure it's the fang as base plus fenrisian grey as layer, highlights i don't know. Check gw space wolves pics, the colors are very similar.
Inner coat should be khorne red plus layer.
gloves are probably rakarth flesh plus shade plus pallid wych flesh highlight
For everything else, look up the mega in OPs post, theres a very detailed painting guide which pic follows quite closely

why are you even bothering with ceramite white?
Don't get a new pot at all..to paint good whites, do a rakarth flesh base color, followed by pallid wych flesh, followed by skull white or whatever its called now - gives the white a nice depth while being slightly off-white.
for warmer whites, use screaming skull plus layering, for colder whites, use fenrisian grey as shading

forgot russ grey as middle layer. so:
the fang as base
russ grey as layer
fenrisian as highlights
or any combination of the above, try around

Even in 38000 years, every other chinese restaurant will still be named peking garden or lucky dragon

>First time using a new tool
>try it out with a major piece of a heavily converted centerpiece model with tons of hours in it already
Damn, user. Ballsy. It looks good, though.

So I still have unbuilt DV chosen laying around and was thinking of turning them into characters. (Lord, Jump Lord, Jump Sorc, Dark Apostle)

Only problem is that they are monopose as fuck and I don't have much experience with converting and don't want to ruin any details.
Should I just go at it with a knife and file? Does /wip/ have any experience with converting these guys?

Uncle Pingling's crispy tau face vaginas

Warcoptas? Deffcoptas? Or is it that FW thing you use proxy?

White Scar Wok Palace

Some of the sand placement is a bit weird. Is it terrain or a base for something else, like a church?

holy shit dude those looks amazing!

Attached: 1350936583957.jpg (1000x1000, 496K)

looks pretty damn cool, as other user said im a bit confused by the sand staying on wierd spots like the hand but hey its sci fi so who knows if its even sand right. What are you going to be using this as a base for? or is this an objective marker?

Interesting concept, id like to see this further along in the conversion process for sure

gud/10

My friend who is teaching me how to airbrush believes in trial by fire

Do you guys think that bearded head would fit for this model? I'm posting with original for comparison.

It is a bit smaller though and the beard kinda enforces the angle he's looking at, but all original helm-less heads from my BA's set look samey, so I want the captain to stand out a bit.

Attached: beard_vs_original.jpg (1000x699, 179K)

It's going to be a base for a stormhawk eventually, I'm going to add even more sand to it and try and sink the knight in a bit more, will be adding lots of grass and flock too. Going for a "The knights been sitting here half burried for years and years".

maybe trim the beard down? it looks a little too space wolf rn, a blood angel would have a more groomed beard

I feel like my Farseer is done enough to post here. First thing I ever painted that was not the box of marines I brought to practice on. How'd I do?

Attached: farseer.jpg (4032x3024, 3.16M)

How is the GW white spray primer? Is it better or worse than vallejo white spray primer?

Thanks in advance guys.

Attached: 91y6dw1v6sxz.jpg (719x1212, 389K)

Need to focus on mould lines particularly when they're right down a focal point like a face.

i use it for all my infinity guys, works fine. just gotta be careful about gaps like with any white, any exposed primer will stick out obviously

pic related, though ive cleaned up the sloppy lines and polished the pimp cannon since I took this

Attached: 20180309_071950.jpg (4128x2322, 2.37M)

Why not.
Snek tiddys bitch, snek snek tiddies
2, 4, 8, 10 sets of tiddies bitch
Snek tiddies snek snek tiddies.

Attached: 20180218_104455.jpg (4032x3024, 3.58M)

Attached: received_10211673533776052.jpg (1080x556, 86K)

Attached: received_10211673534816078.jpg (1080x556, 58K)

10?
Should be 12... how did they mess that up?

Today I learned a lesson: never use any kind of mask with a brush.

Attached: DSC_0001 (1).jpg (1021x681, 65K)

Is all of the miniature airbrushed? Obviously the skin is, but the carapace looks so good.

How do I thin pic related? I’ve heard water is bad news for acrylic.

Attached: 02B255AA-45BF-4F0A-B4B3-E826EAEF3DE7.jpg (2048x1536, 595K)

How is it texture wise? Is it nice and flat?

>hobby store paints
user NO

Attached: aaaaaAAAAAAAA.gif (400x265, 869K)

Look, I know they need to be thinned, but with what?

Either water (will "break" the paint) or acrylic thinner. Hope you're not painting miniatures with that stuff buddy.