Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Battle Train Edition

>leaked pictures on an imgur link soon hopefully.

>Necron traits leak:
imgur.com/a/gNweR

>Tau Leaks:
imgur.com/a/e4ch9
imgur.com/a/eV25Z

>Warhammer TV Tip of the day:
youtube.com/watch?v=-a5T895ptYA

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhamster:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous:

Attached: battle_train.jpg (700x604, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/03/11/forgebane-pre-order-next-week/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the deal with Tau shoulder symbols? Apparantly they wear the Tau Marathon symbol to represent their homeworld instead of their specific sept but then why did GW make shoulder pads for the Farsight Enclave? My first thought was that Farsight Enclave do things differently than other septs but even the great O'Shovah himself wears the Tau symbol on the front of his suit.

Could someone explain this please? Would it be that odd to have my dudes wear their own symbol?

Attached: cc4bfb4a408e9d08e25015fd9ba8361f.jpg (1024x910, 857K)

Chaos is so fun to play as in 40k. Really glad I started playing this faction.

Attached: 1513372552577.jpg (1518x2049, 1003K)

Wish GW would go back to this art style.

Attached: Mutant_Mob.jpg (396x258, 37K)

Third for the Dark City!

Attached: TalosPainEngine.jpg (371x583, 113K)

Fourth for objective truth.

Attached: objective truth.png (343x64, 5K)

The only good bug...

Attached: Screenshot (17).png (1226x717, 1.39M)

So if we can expect Crons before end of March it'll probably be the 31st, DE 14th of April?

Post numbers don't mean anything and you can't be "the best faction" if you can't win against most people with good army lists.

>Tau players on suicide watch
>I'm super comfy
>watch as all the leaks are fucking good
>Reece's Pieces can eat shit for getting my army nerfed in the first place

What a wonderful day!

Attached: 1520767665956.png (654x608, 274K)

Why do people actually run the Archon's court units with their deldar? Archon seem like a stiff HQ tax already so I don't know why you would compound that problem with more support units for them

Be glad necrons sat comfy as top dogs before 6th dropped.

>tfw never got to play Epic 40k
It'll come back, r-right?

Attached: 1511496686863.jpg (540x303, 39K)

Not trusting kek/meme magic?

Attached: but-thats-heresy-19296423.png (500x710, 156K)

Serious question

Is there anything saying you have to have every model standing up right with the base on the ground

No one said best, user. Numbers are objective.

MFW I saw the Necron leaks.
Sslyths are used to soak wounds. The other HQs are really just there for fluffy lists. Hopefully they'll get better in the Codex though.

Attached: What a day.png (610x253, 260K)

>Necron traits leak:
Not really just a leak anymore.

warhammer-community.com/2018/03/11/forgebane-pre-order-next-week/

Easy Vanguard detachment
Sslyth and Medusae pull their weight pretty well, especially with the rerolls
Most importantly, they look cool as hell

I think Sslyth in particular will benefit from the Codex, even if they aren't buffed in anyway, because I assume you'll have more reasons to want to keep your Archon in play then.

Attached: 800px-Sslyth_and_Dark_Eldar_chick.jpg (800x593, 86K)

Attached: 09E78F7F-FF5B-4C4E-93EC-A56DD71E203C.jpg (623x359, 21K)

Does anyone?
I've never seen anyone do it (Although I've seen precious few people running DE outside myself and one guy that's full coven anyway), and never seen it in any lists.
The fact it's resin and ~$125 dollarydoos, off the top of my head, puts me off it, too, though.

No, there’s even a rule telling you it’s ok to put models on more stable ground, but remember it’s on that hill.

It's in the same paragraph as eating your minis.

>tfw you play AdMech and your army is shit

>tfw it looks like Necrons are getting some cool stuff

At least one of us made it. Go and have fun for both of us.

Attached: SadBeep.png (751x458, 500K)

I only trust the voices in my head.

Attached: 1520812042723.jpg (452x599, 39K)

AdMech seems pretty good to me

>you may only eat your miniatures as casualties from shooting and they must be each lathered in steak sauce

I hope so.
On the bright side, Epic minis are cheap on ebay.

Top kek
Tau rekt
Well deserved, fellow necron!

Attached: unnamed.gif (494x298, 2.96M)

Lucky for me I basecoat all of my mini's in steak sauce.

Why are tau mad? The book looks like it has a lot of pretty significant point drops.

Im just asking as it could come up in games with smaller deployment zones and lots of minis

I don't know, but I throw my minis at my opponent when they die. It's really fun because I play orks and they are just boyz getting stuck in.

Regarding crusaders.
I like their models and rules.
So I wonder:
What function do they serve in an Imperium force? They seem like a TEQ tarpit, and not much else?

Single broadsides with railguns in a heavy support detachment and the sa'cea sept re-roll mite b halfway decent. firesight marksmen / fireblades / rail rifles/ fusion blasters / single shot, or rapid fire weapons seem to benefit a lot from the tenet too.

MSU to take sa'cea might be viable?

Attached: 1506445260381.jpg (600x600, 96K)

After prepping them with McDonalds dip sauce?

No more commander spam.
It just means more fireblades and fire warriors.

Well of course.

Serious question, has anyone ever had the nightmare where you're eating your minis and they taste like candy and you're like "shit, I got to stop eating these, but they're so good"

Any steak sauce will do though.

Alright anons, question time.

What got you into the setting?

What's your favorite faction you play?

What's your favorite faction you don't play?

What's your favorite unit in your army?

What's your least favorite?

Of the army you like the least, what's your favorite unit/character?

What makes your dudes your dudes? I want to hear about your cool lore, any great victories on the table top, the stuff that makes you proud to field your dudes

I keep seeing posts here saying they like them and I honestly can't see them working

I run a brigade at 2k and just take 3 squads of trueborn. DE HQ tax is too high to be taking extras for 1 extra cp but that is my opinion

Attached: 1519806114674.gif (294x266, 593K)

Wasn't commander spam kinda ineffective once codexes came out and now they can field actual armies? None of the tau players I know seem angry, is this anger just a Veeky Forums invention or am I missing something here.

just finished playing mass effect and i got the idea to make a geth army with conversions. i found an idea i like, but im fairly new to 40k and dont know what parts they used to make this fella. pretty sure its mostly necron, but im not sure which parts he's made up of

Attached: 434876_md-Geth, Mass Effect, Space Marines, Tactical Squad.jpg (800x533, 32K)

For eating yes but when cleaning your models McDonalds dipping sauce works the best.

Fires of Cyraxus never.

No way of dealing or interacting with psychic powers outside of allies or a narrow and unreliable strategem.

Serious issues with T7+ spam, especially VS Tyranid big bug spam.

Several mediocre units/entries, and a fair amount of bad ones propped up by their troops and one or two other choices.

They're a pretty low tier faction outside of soup armies taking only the good parts.

Attached: AdMech_what.jpg (296x256, 12K)

I did, but only after I ate all of them and then I died in a tsunami. It was a weird dream.

here he is from the front

Attached: geth.jpg (800x533, 29K)

Necron parts for body and arm. Can't see the gun.

The head is a targeter for tau battlesuits.

But, mini Titan?

They didn't get the auto win button they asked for. Typical taufags being typical

I'm just glad they're mad. They deserve it!

At least they have the robots that can blow anything off the table with ease. Shame about the rest of the book though.

How's the full-coven guy doing? What's his list normally like? I'm just curious because it's a very unusual choice and because I'd like to run a pure Coven force myself eventually.

crisis suits still suck ass.

the extra rules are underwhelming or are very situational / niche.

desu im okay at it becoming a hipster / high skill ceiling army again. I just wish XV8's were not total trash.

Veeky Forums is full of memers that can't get over their hatred of tau from past editions.

I like how this thread became about eating models so quickly

Attached: c279b1a8a6eee7d93b15e820b68220b8.jpg (640x640, 488K)

How many CSM do hit and run/cavalry attacks?

Attached: Àrpàd Havoc.png (201x281, 36K)

I honestly wanted to start Tau this week.

From what I gathered the current playerbase is salty that they 1. Can no longer spam the Commanders they bought several months ago and 2. Have to rebuy the (unpainted) Riptides they sold before that.

I like the Tau but the dealbreaker for me was the people who play them.

Attached: 1520715522711.png (1536x2048, 2.63M)

At least you have psyker and anti-psyker allies.

What is so good about Necron leaks so far?
I still don't see anything that will prevent them from dying to mass firepower and melee hordes.

Attached: 1520001456413.jpg (811x743, 82K)

Tasty

1. Old SSI strategy games from the 90's

2. Space Marines

3.Eldar

4.Dreads, boxier the better

5.Scouts are ugly, but damn useful

6.Rock Grinders are neat

7. Still working on it, im indecisive

Will Scions get nerfed again? I want to start them but I don't want to pick a GK/Tau tier army.

In my experience the Robots run into some serious trouble shooting at anything T7 and above. Unless there are 4 or more of them and they are in protector mode (a monstrous points/CP investment) they're not accomplishing much.

The Armiger will likely not fix any of their glaring issues. Unless it's better at anti-armor than a Dunecrawler, able to transport troops, or somehow capable of negating Psychic powers it's an unnecessary waste of points.

Pretty much all of them could depending on situation. Night Lords and Red Corsairs would probably do it more often than others.

So I get that that's the complaint but I have literally never heard a tau player complain about that and you are all CONSTANTLY complaining about them complaining about that

Is this just all in your heads?

Attached: 1518588324022.jpg (1250x1080, 99K)

If they're upset about that they can fellate a cactus with their unlubed anus.
Honestly considering buying a second riptide while they're still cheap but I also want more crisis suits and a broadside.

White Scar traitors.

I guess my Àrpàds aren't too out there then.

Attached: Árpád Chieftain Tétény.png (201x281, 39K)

Maybe. I would honestly wait on making any purchases untill the balance update is out this month.

spastics on the internet will get hyped up about anything.

the rules so far look okay/good in a vacuum

>What got you into the setting?
Dawn of War, specifically Necrons as Terminator Robot Egyptian zombies. Ironically, I have yet to start Necrons.
>What's your favorite faction you play?
I play IG, Orks, and Tau. Tau are probably my favorite, aesthetically speaking.
>What's your favorite faction you don't play?
Necrons. So cool, such tiny connection points.
>What's your favorite unit in your army?
Somewhere between Rough Riders, Bullgryns, and Sentinels. For Tau, Pirahnas/Drones. They're cute
>What's your least favorite?
I hate the big suits for Tau.
>Of the army you like the least, what's your favorite unit/character?
I hate playing against genestealers, but I like Ripper Swarms.
>What makes your dudes your dudes? I want to hear about your cool lore, any great victories on the table top, the stuff that makes you proud to field your dudes
My IG are literal Squats. They survived the nids and enlisted into the Guard en masse. Represented by Vostroyan/Valhallan tactics, and Catachans as the 'Slayer' regiments. Best moment was when an enemy Slaanesh Daemon Prince peril'ed himself, shredded a Chimera which then exploded on him, and a Lord Commissar then casually strolled by and killed him with an overcharged Plasma Pistol. Ironically now that I think about it, a lot of my games have been against Nids.

I've tried allying in a Culexus Assassin, but he's downright useless VS Nids.

>Assassin comes in, charges the Bug Psyker.

>Fails to do any damage due to the bug's psychically generated invulnerable save still working, and possibly also due to the psyker being a t7 monster.

>Assassin is either dogpiled and killed, or the bug psyker just walks out of the 18" range and goes about casting as normal.

Nids OP

Attached: Culexus Assassin.jpg (600x620, 106K)

lmao

yes people get salty over dumb shit on the internet (this not a unique phenomenon to tau players) and you refuse to collect an army over it?

pathetic.

>I run a brigade at 2k and just take 3 squads of trueborn. DE HQ tax is too high to be taking extras for 1 extra cp but that is my opinion

I like smaller games, so having two Sslyth is a cheap and easy way to fill out a Vanguard that pull their weight pretty well.

Is AoS more balanced than 40k right now?

the codex feels like very patchworky with instead of fixing shit they just dropped the point costs of some units, put the commander cap and called it a day instead of actually trying to fix the underlying problems that the tau have

>Shooting armies get two consecutive turns to pour shots into you with no retaliation because the designers think random turn order is fun.

I highly doubt it.

Attached: 1507366953361.jpg (720x543, 59K)

Nobody is good at shutting down buff spells.

If you take away the legacy factions then yeah, but they had their ruleset/edition for far longer. With legacy factions AoS is a shitshow.

gr8 b8 m8

That's been the case for most codexes.

Dawn of War, Winter Assault specifically.

IG, though I don't play often.

Orks, maybe?

Probably my platoon commander with a powerfist. He's a crazy bearded bastard.

Can't think of one off the top of my head.

They did want to go their own way but that doesnt mean they have to forget what they stood for and still believe in

Dual Cannon Venom with 4 Sslyth and a Blaster Archon puts out 24 splinter shots at 18 inches.

Expect Archons to get really nasty once they have some relics and warlord traits.

They have random turn order in AoS?

How does that even work?

That's my current plan.

Attached: Tau Codex 2k test.png (568x897, 39K)

Looking good so far

Attached: 1330060469776.png (365x247, 7K)

hopefully some of those traits work while on a transport since more Archon never leave their chariots...

Would it make sense for a sept to interchange their place as the Sept capital every 50 or 100 year because they both live in the same binary system?

Oh come on, they fucked priority up?
They already nailed it back in the early 2000's with lord of the rings.

My dad bought me a random issue of White Dwarf back in... 94? It happened to be a Golden Daemon which had all these beautiful models and that got me into it.
Dark Eldar
Blood Angels, but it changes from time to time. They're just what I'd be most into starting a new army that I don't have right now.
My Archon, though his effectiveness isn't huge right now. Codex soon please!
My Scourges, just because they're such a pain to pack and transport and then they die fast anyway
>Of the army you like the least, what's your favorite unit/character?
Ulrik the Slayer, he's pretty awesome
>What makes your dudes your dudes? I want to hear about your cool lore, any great victories on the table top, the stuff that makes you proud to field your dudes
My Archon is loosely based on Edmund Blackadder (second season), which seems like a pretty Dark Eldar way to be

Attached: 1502176957386.jpg (541x1023, 148K)

unit of 5 with triple phosphor using a strat to double fire first turn, getting to reroll 1's, and using wrath of mars is gonna average a little over 30 unsaved wounds against t7 3+ targets turn 1. It's a pretty big investment but you can easily down most of the enemies important bugs before they get to even move. You'll get another turn after that to do it again if you screened them right.

They seem pretty damn effective to me, though it's definitely kind of a boring monobuild.

Games are in "rounds" you roll off each round to see who goes first.

Lots of people hate it but others like it because of the crazy shit that can happen, it's unpredictable so you have to be really aggressive or cautious.

If you really look at it its 90% shitposting and false flagging with the occasional honest complaint (often of how over priced crisis are or the lack of proper synergy within septs)

You sound like you play like a retard. He's not meant to just come in and assrape a psyker with no counterplay, that's what the callidus is for. He's meant to hang around your shit you don't want smited you fucking dumbass.

If they can just "walk away" and not be screwed over it's because you placed him badly.

At the start of each battle round you roll off for first turn of the round. The nightmare scenario is-

Round 1:
Melee player wins and goes first, they set up and start positioning.
Shooting player moves up and starts blasting.

Round 2:
Shooting player wins and gets a second uninterrupted turn of shooting. The game is over by the end of this turn, as their opponent has been thoroughly tabled.

Yes, user, it's not the Tau players that shit and scream and sold their Riptides and jumped to Guard when the Index came out. It's everyone else that's wrong.

Attached: 1497335391958.png (720x1152, 326K)

>Expect Archons to get really nasty once they have some relics and warlord traits.
Yeah, the Archon Chassis isn't all bad, it just needs some bite to it
>hopefully some of those traits work while on a transport since more Archon never leave their chariots
I'm sure they will, but mine does anyway so long as its a fight I think he can win

Don't know the exact list, but it's basically a few pain engines slapped with the coven inf.
Only seen him play a game or two with it, though. Usually he's painting.