Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2108: Limited Mint Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Attached: TheBasics.pdf (PDF, 5.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/tg/1520787409583.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=pu91WyjDJR0
youtube.com/watch?v=SmDYPVgWUkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is the second time I have heard this, but I have never seen it, archive link?

NuBee

Attached: FCFBD2BE-78D3-444F-9C2B-AF8A1995BF87.jpg (540x960, 101K)

Don't we have perks and items for duplicating limited edition foods?

Well searching the archive myself with the Mod filter I found nothing.

Would Maker of Magic from Weakness of Beatrice work on Exalted Charms?

>Infernals build
>Round three
>Mini Yozi
Goddamn it.

FUCK I NEED SOME OF THESE.

Yes.
It would let you lift that dumb E6+ limitation.

>when you're watching a TWW2 Lizardmen playthrough and want to do a Skink Priest native chain
>but you don't know how long it'd be or where you'd send it

Attached: you cannot do that.jpg (209x183, 7K)

What are some so-bad-it's-good series that you'd like to see jumps for?

Attached: o06400360130312terrifyingalien_top.jpg (640x360, 19K)

Was there a perk somewhere that let you instill concepts (pretty sure love was the example) into beings without them?

Not him, but I'm pretty sure he's remembering it wrong if not deliberately twisting it to fit his narrative. Awhile back, Red got banned again for pretty much nothing, and people kept clamouring for the mods to investigate their ranks for abuse. Anyway, there was a lot of discussion about shitposting and mod bias and a lot of people went to the mod IRC to support Red. An user posted something along the lines of the mods saying that cleaning up the thread would be a pretty huge task, as it was mostly just one or two IPs shitposting at each other, but a lot of miscellaneous IPs would join in. This was a bit over a year ago, and the events surrounding it eventually caused InNomineAnon to leave. The thread where he left was 1281, but a lot of the heated discussion was in the previous thread. I can't remember when exactly this came out, but it was probably somewhere 10 threads before or after 1281, within that range. I don't remember an actual mod coming here to post it, though.

Dies Irae has something for that in the Outsider Perks.

Yeah, that's pretty much the one I remember. Someone came back and claimed they said that, but the mods who said it were in IRC at the time. Not really remembering this mod post the other guy is talking about.

Angel Notes has one.

>The Pagemaster. God is Dead. The Boys. Kung Power: Enter the Fist. Shanghai Knights. 47 Ronin (Reeves). 300. Clash of the Titans (new). Dante's Inferno (game). Green Hornet. Kick-ass. Ninja Gaiden. Two Worlds 2. Galaxy of Fire. Halloween Town. Heavenly Sword.

I find "poor-quality" series can make good jumps because it's usually the execution that's shit and not the settings. The settings can be pretty interesting, and the tendency for the works to leave something to ensure desired gives the jumper an excuse to explore them.

>Don't leave. Don't give the motherfucker the satisfaction.
>Stay, post content, and when he shows his face again, we report him and talk to the mods again and file complaints in feedback.
>And if anybody is going to hell, it's the people like the shitposter, who can't let other people enjoy stuff without trying to shit all over it.
>People who actually help make others happy? People like you? Instant ticket to heaven, man.
>Never give up. Never surrender.
My sides are gone.

Attached: anime-laughing-gif-7.gif (400x225, 1.38M)

Benefactor or no Benefactor? Which do you prefer for the narrative of your chains?

No Benefactor or "distant Benefactor that jumper can't even be sure exists".

Benefactor. Currently using the 'friendly boss' type, where he's in your corner but still the guy running things.

The first example sounds appropriate, the second one sounds like a bit much considering how much goes into running a country. You would nonetheless have great leadership qualities though.

Depends what you want. I prefer benefactor's who fuck with you because they're more fun to write and give me a basic plot to work with.

Everything about that shitshow as just pathetic.

Benefactor as long as there's a narrative reason for them to be there. No Benefactor other, wise.

Hijacking to add onto this, because I'm also interested: Do the characters literally make their choices, or are they something you make from a meta perspective?

They make their choices in some ways, in others I restrict them.

i.4cdn.org/tg/1520787409583.pdf

Gonna need some feedback on latest WIP

youtube.com/watch?v=pu91WyjDJR0

Attached: Red Goo.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Benefactor that only shows up after the jump ends. Then we chat for a while as I answer questions about the choices I made and their opinions of them.

>Shanghai Knights
Yes
>47 Ronin
Yes
>300
Yes
>Clash of the Titans
Yes

Assuming no essence reactor shenanigans, how long does an Exalt's mote pool last in a fight against an opponent strong enough that they cannot defeat or retreat? How strong is the average Exalt barring Charms, and how strong would an opponent need to be to force them to use Charms until mote tap?

My current system has the jumper not knowing about their Benefactor, and discovering it later. Most others have been with Benefactors of some kind.

Almost entirely me from a meta-perspective.

I have a benefactor

Attached: War-Women working with you.jpg (846x1191, 175K)

>God is Dead. The Boys
Seconded on these

>Do the characters literally make their choices, or are they something you make from a meta perspective?
I don't understand? Are talking about the things they buy in the jump doc or their actions in the jump?

Your benefactor is a female Aryan member of the luftwaffe?

>The Pagemaster.
I know it's not high art or anything, but I always thought it was pretty good for a kid's movie whose primary moral was "get kids to read".

Anyway, I would second this one.

As amazing as that sounds, no she isn't.

Attached: Sturmbannführer Dr. Maximilian Schimana.jpg (564x1479, 70K)

I'll second your second, Pagemaster was a fun movie as a kid, watched it several times over.

What perks do we have that cause your actions to butterfly out and have even bigger effects, aside from Sage of the Forest and Butterfly Revolution?

Franz Liebkind?

youtube.com/watch?v=SmDYPVgWUkY

A mundane human with an enchanted gun can force a Perfect Defense out of any Exalt, and while it won't kill them, they'll run out of motes within a relatively short time frame so long as the gunman doesn't die first.

Because Perfect Defenses are ambiguously long lasting, make the gun singe shot since sustained fire would be useless. Give them some form of disposable heavy ordinance, and a means of disabling the Exalt indirectly, such as to circumvent their standard defenses.

Perfect attacks mean that their's pretty much nothing the gunman can do to defend themselves unless they're stupidly durable and or have regeneration, so just send in another one when they die.

There's no point to having them gang up on the Exalt, since all Exalts fight groups of combatants as if they were one person in aggregate weaker then any of the constituent individuals, so break up your fighting force and send them to fight the Exalt one at a time.

This strategy will work on the majority of Exalts eventually, is cost effective and easy to use and implement, and leaves fewer avenues of reprisal from said Exalts.

Fear Not The Superman from Supergod.

Also, depending on your PoV, any sufficiently strong Luck perk.

No Essence Reactor shenanigans? A Solar's Essence pool is (Essence x 3) + Willpower motes of Personal Essence and (Essence x 7) + Willpower + (sum of Virtues) motes of Peripheral Essence. Only real difference between the two is that spending Peripheral lights up your anima banner, if you want to be stealthy you stick to Personal. But that's not relevant here. Heavenly Guardian Defense costs four motes per attack parried. There are upgrades to let it apply to every attack in a turn, though those cost Willpower and can't be spammed without their own separate Reactor build. So per attack, an Essence 10, Willpower 10, all Virtues at 5 Solar can deflect thirty-two attacks before running dry without a Reactor build, assuming they don't spend Essence on anything else. Bear in mind, though, that an "attack" is not necessarily a single strike. A spray of bullets could be a single attack, as could an entire artillery barrage under the Mass Combat rules. "Attack" is more an issue of narrative weight, think of it in JRPG terms and it helps a lot. Of course you can parry that entire swarm of obsidian razor butterflies with one use of the Guard command. Your enemy only made one attack that turn. Now, if they had used Double Cast...

Smack Wiped Off The Streets from Black Dynamite.

I won't be satisfied until we have a jump for every fanfiction ever made of every setting on the drive.

Then start making them, user.

Thanks, anons.

How many people need to be fighting an exalt before it counts as Mass Combat? Is two people small enough to count?

It depends on the chain, one of them they don't have one and the warehouse is basically doing it and in another it's a Daemon of Tzeentch or Nurgle who got a bit weird and wants to be the Chaos God of Evolution.

>>God is dead.

I just finished reading that a week ago.

Please remind me where can I get a 'absorb power from things you eat/kill' perk, because if I'm going to deal with those idiots, I want to get something worthwhile out of it.

And the funny part about that series?

I can't see the method used to finally resolve the plot as anything but a Deus Ex Machina.

It could be about him Journeying across the Multiverse in search of the Old Ones. You could explore his struggle as he tries to escape his dependency on the plans of the Old Ones, until eventually he becomes a strong, independent leader capable of leading his people through hell or high water.

Depending on your feelings, it might culminate in him finding out that the Old Ones are his Benefactors, trying to forge him into a powerful leader for so other purpose, or maybe he decides to let go of what remains of his connection to them and tries to establish a permanent home for them somewhere else.

>Please remind me where can I get a 'absorb power from things you eat/kill' perk, because if I'm going to deal with those idiots, I want to get something worthwhile out of it.
God of Highschool has Greed in the borrowed power section that can do that, in the story it ate the power of several Gods

>This strategy will work on the majority of Exalts eventually, is cost effective and easy to use and implement, and leaves fewer avenues of reprisal from said Exalts.
I'd go with sniper weapons, personally. Exalted combat has fairly short range, even artifact bows are kind of crappy. If you can kite them around with long-distance attacks you can take them out without the trouble of teleporting in new gunmen every time the last one dies. Which is the only practical way to keep the Exalt from engaging them all at once and scything down the mooks.

One person is enough, actually. Solo units are part of the Mass Combat system. You only use normal combat in two occassions: When you're fighting something interesting and when you're too lazy to bring out the Mass Combat rules. In that second case you say the people are "extras" that die easily. But yeah, Exalted can pretty trivially chew through any number of people, it's only named characters that get the dignity of using their personal-scale stat block in combat.

Codicia from Bleach or Greed from God of Highschool for pure vore, good old Dark Binding/Alucard's Embrace from Hellsing if you like delegation (fun way to put together a Pantheon around yourself!), although personally I'm fond of the Wewelsburg Longinus from Dies Irae even though it only lets you use one person's powerset at a time.

>Solo units are part of the Mass Combat system.
Not really following this conversation, but that sounds horribly stupid. How that translates to actual storytelling just seems like it would be retardedly inconsistent with only barely thinking about it.

It's not actually that bad. Like I said, most people just use extras to represent random faceless peons. The solo unit is really meant to represent a PC or other named character cleaving through an entire army all on their own.

Benefactor, less "super ultra omnipotent that is toying with me for their amusement" but more "increasingly a partnership"

Real question is how would Super intelligence get one into the hero program? How would one be a hero with just super intelligence?

Attached: 56FA10E8-9494-47F7-90DB-CD9A43312F4B.jpg (600x720, 85K)

This is also without considering stunting, which is entirely separate from a reactor, and which can effectively decrease the cost of Heavenly Guardian Defense by 25 - 75% per use. If the parry can be described as more descriptive than "Solar blocked" then this increases the it to at least 40 total uses of HGD.

Right, heading into Marvel Magic to cap off that Marvel arc I was asking about a couple threads ago. I know I'm going Sorceror - but I'm undecided between going Human to go all-in on the Sorceror perkline, or going God and mostly investing in the God perkline, if only because I don't know whether I want to fluff this or a later jump as the part where full merge with the shard of Thoth is achieved.

Attached: 1520685634544.jpg (459x614, 50K)

Ironically, you need Super Intelligence to answer that question.

>This is also without considering stunting, which is entirely separate from a reactor, and which can effectively decrease the cost of Heavenly Guardian Defense by 25 - 75% per use
True. Stunting is so essential to true Reactor builds that I kind of included it under "no Reactors", but it can and should be used separately. That was a silly unstated assumption to leave in for someone that might not be familiar with the game. Please excuse me.

Search and rescue, coordinating the team, strategy and tactics, leadership...all sorts of things in the hero role. It's not just combat ability, that's fanon. Though it is, admittedly, slanted towards it.

Take a look at some of the stuff the principal can pull off, knowing exactly how to set up chain reactions of events, etc etc.

That's a small sample of superintelligence. Intelligence is heavy duty power. You know the meme of "batman can do _anything_ given preptime"?

Superintelligence moves you in that direction, among other things. But yeah, the powers of advanced learning, understanding, and planning are yours.

So have his Temple-City go with him?

So, for clarity, Mass Combat/Extras equal automatic victory for the Exalt because they don't even get to use their stats, and the only thing that distinguishes a unit from being an extra or an actual combatant are if they're interesting? Should I deliberately disfigure or mutate the assassins I send to hunt Exalts just to make them relevant?

I always have Jumper choose the options and lately, I've been using the gimmick that the "jumper status" actually changes to a random companion every jump. It's fun getting into the mindsets of all my character and think about what they would want to have for perks or items. The jump itself is also chosen by the current jumper.

The only thing I feel becomes a little awkward here is acquiring new companions because my characters would feel bad about basically forcing someone to become part of their crew and that's why I use seperate rules for acquiring new companions

I just wanted to make it clear for those who might not be familiar with the system: Being flashier and more over the top in the way they act makes all Exalts perform better.

Yeah. Grab it from the item section along with the Spawning Pools.

Yes, but make sure they're all mutilated in novel ways so that they don't blend together.

>going God and mostly investing in the God perkline
Seems like a good choice, be skydaddy

Essence reactor?

The term for a build that recovers Essence faster than it spends it even during heavy combat, making it functionally unkillable. They were heavily nerfed by errata, but still pretty effective.

You can't really mass produce Heroic Mortals like that. The first couple might count, but the rest will just be Extras. If you want to definitively produce Heroic Mortals, you'd be better off finding a way to mass awaken their Essence. By definition, any mortal with Awakened Essence is a Heroic Mortal.
This doesn't change that they'd still likely be grouped together in Mass Combat rules in the P&P game, simply to reduce bookkeeping and number of dice rolls.

Take God, but invest in the Sorceror perkline anyway.

You know, I've just been sticking with Benefactor out of force of habit more than anything. I don't really have a preference as such, it's just the way I started out thinking things worked. I've just never really found the time to start another chain so I wouldn't know.

It's a bit of both. They mostly make their own choices, until I decide it's funner otherwise.

Yeah, in the context of Jumpchain it's kinda awkward in that you're left with this Ajimu-like presumption where the Mass Combat rules exist solely so the more of a "main character" the Exalt's opponent is, the more likely they actually have a meaningful fight. It's the result of trying to make rules for warrior demigods to demonstrate their superiority in a sea of muggles, in a system that is already bloated with rules.

>disfigure or mutate the assassins

HA! Funnly enough, the mutations system gives you points to buy extra mutations if you're designing Exalted-type mutations. Which can include things like extra reserves of Essence. Or regenerative immortality that takes a month to come into effect. Or an elemental form styled after their divine ancestor. Or being able to run around in the Wyld like a Raksha.

But in all seriousness, if you're concerned about the Mass Combat rules the most plausible solution is to delegate a group of unique, experienced and significantly dangerous assassins instead of a large, organised group. Sorta like the Suicide Squad. Or Deadpool teaming up with the X-Men. The one exception to the above is the same design philosophy for the Dragonbloods which ARE an example of a large army becoming non-extras: Combatents already close to a low-essence Solaroid, which gain supernatural advantages for fighting in a group.

...it's sorta like the Conservation of Ninjutsu really.

Attached: jc4.jpg (528x550, 54K)

You think they’d allow Ironman style Super-Heroing?

Attached: 75166CF8-0E87-41E6-9438-E92D1798A796.jpg (630x720, 131K)

>You can't really mass produce Heroic Mortals like that. The first couple might count, but the rest will just be Extras. If you want to definitively produce Heroic Mortals, you'd be better off finding a way to mass awaken their Essence.
Nah, just give them drugs. There's an alchemical potion that does it,, though it's temporary. Yes, Exalted has bottled plot relevance, it's a weird universe.

Oh I thought we were referring to homebrew by Earthscorpion that gave an advantage in mote regeneration for having your Anima Banner out.

Post Ink Monkeys errata the primary purpose of reactor builds is to produce essence motes for offensive usage, which generally means more uses of excellencies and flurries to mote tap the other side faster.

Yes.

What's the best essence reactor builds for Infernals?

This is why no one respects Mass Combat rules. They're convenient for bookkeeping, but from a storytelling standpoint they make a mess of power levels consistency.

Is there a perk somewhere that would make this kind of thing fall through? Like, an enforced common sense perk?

How ambitious are your children?

Attached: 1520797482575.png (848x472, 367K)

New proposal: We institute specific dates during which jumps can be accepted to the drive, no more than 2-3 times per month. This is because new jumps, while they can often bring a bounty of new options, new topics to talk about, and pure refreshment... almost inevitably draw in all discussion. The thread wants to talk about the shiny new thing, and in the process, silence forms on everything that came before. This policy would force a grace period in which the thread cannot talk about new jumps, because no new jumps have been made.

Probably
It MHA, part of hero's success depends on popularity.
If you're super smart, you should be able to do something with some of the supertech they already have. I mean, they've got giant fuckin' robots, for Christ's sake.
Surely you can do something with that, even without OoC tech perks.

Why do you want to know so much about my kids user?

Attached: War-Questioning Hitler.gif (340x340, 77K)

How often do you use/re-read your own jumps?

Attached: tmp_20568-1519509185390160048809.jpg (1178x780, 514K)

>Is there a perk somewhere that would make this kind of thing fall through? Like, an enforced common sense perk?
Exalted is a setting where you can't mass produce things because it bores the gods of reality and people can't see past a certain distance because pattern spiders are too lazy to render the horizon. Common sense isn't in the building.

Infernals was made during the point where they were wanting to move away from reactors-as-standard, so they actually have fewer ways of generating motes in combat, and those that do generally only function when you are actually at risk or under special circumstances - Skyfire Seizing Repast, for example, only functions against energy based attacks.

Do you ever get the impression that a jumpmaker doesn't actually know the setting they make jumps for that well? Like they just read/watch something casually once and then just work off of memory?

Attached: tmp_20568-1519786768378643945988.jpg (924x1758, 159K)

Yeah, that's 90% of our makers.
It's kinda pathetic how lazy they are, really.

No. Do you? What for?

That's a very loaded question, user. You might want to ask something less inflammatory. We're not even at 100 posts yet - let's not lose the whole thread to this old argument.

Attached: you need Sssotek.jpg (360x420, 56K)

Would anyone mind doing a drawback analysis for Chrono Cross?

There have been cases where jumpmakers have jumped the gun and made a jump before the setting was actually explored like World Seed.

weaboo AND a master baiter.

Why did you have to disappoint your parents like that.

Aionon seems to do that a lot.

Nah man gotta talk about those Super DragonGod Xenoplane jumps that come out every week

Yes. Heavens' jumps are always well- and competently-written, but he seems like the kind of person who doesn't redo something he's already finished.

>Why do you want to know so much about my kids user?
If they continue your dreams

You an SBer? Redditor?