>scryfall.com/
what's the meta look like?
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper#paper
what are the format staples?
>mtggoldfish.com/format-staples/pauper
deck primers:
>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/other-formats/mtgo-pauper/established

post brews and decks for help

Thread Question: What is your pet card? That one you'd shoehorn into every deck if you could.

Attached: finally.png (223x311, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-03-18-pauper-goblin-storm/?cb=1520816768
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grey-control-3/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-b-affinity-1/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/masters-25-plus-treasure-chest-updates-2018-03-06
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pet cards: ingot chewer, raven's crime, guardian of the guildpact, acorn harvest

Once loyal sentry is legal, my black white control deck will become competitive ish. Bretty excited

Pet Card: Exhume, because I like cheating out the chunky bois.
As just a general gripe, Domain Zoo has the greediest manabase I've ever used, but goddamnit if the deck wasn't powerful once it got going.

Attached: made me think.jpg (124x106, 3K)

The problem with zoo is that it wants to be aggro, but doesn't max its advantage until mid/late game. I love the idea but we need land type'd duals to make it reasonable

Pet card: Mana Tithe or Dash Hopes, they'll never see it coming

>tithe
A good meme card. Play it g1 and then board it out, and they'll always have to play around it.
>dash hopes
Terrible for the same reason Browbeat is terrible. Letting your opponent choose is bad.

I'm fully aware dash hopes is terrible but I still love it

Good man.

Same with me and Acorn Harvest. It never works, but I just want Lingering Squirrels to be a thing

With Masters 25 right around the corener does anyone else have any spicy brews?

Also building a relentless rats deck

Bolt
Always and Forever

>Thread Question
Skyknight Legionnaire and Boros Recruit.
Skyknight because it's just cool, and recruit because you can throw a bonesplitter or a madcap skills on it and make people cry.

Tithe is the real deal as far as memes go. It works exactly as user stated, and can be used to throw people off tempo.

I like the idea of virtually infinite health, but optimal deck builds often does not.

Attached: nph-151-pristine-talisman.jpg (672x936, 193K)

I'm wanting to build a tron deck. I know crushers and stars and maps are autoinclude, but I've been wondering about moncolor tron.

Is monored tron feasible?

Tron is unfun, so the only reason to play it is to win. And if you're playing monored, you're lowering your win percentage... so why play it?

I just want to play big stuff, mang. I like huge swingy plays, and this seemed to be the best deck for that.

>I like huge swingy plays
Interesting, because this drives me insane.

>be winning for 5 turns straight
>opponent taps 3 lands for 7 mana and plays something ridiculous
>lose

I say better that then getting counterspelled and bounced forever or having all your lands explode

>I say better that then getting counterspelled and bounced forever
That's pretty much what pauper tron does.

>or having all your lands explode
There's really no good LD in pauper. Even Spreading Seas is behind the curve. Uncontrolled Infestation is kind of a pet card of mine, but not good enough, really

Any commander recommendation for Pauper Tiny Leaders?

You're in the wrong thread.

>pauper tiny leaders
Good grief, you're in the wrong reality.

So uncommon commander, or what? Baleful Strix is p stronk.

It's a deckbuilding challenge between my friends, we do it sometimes (we actually did the Pauper Kamigawa Block Tiny Leaders last year), calm your tits.

Why couldn't this have been common. My cycle shenanigans deck desperately needs a good onedrop.

Attached: flameblade adept.jpg (223x311, 34K)

>I know I'm in the wrong thread but just calm down

Ok, gonna make a MtG: Pauper Tiny Leaders general then.

iktf

I've made a creatureless MBC once that relied on the opponent paying life for the first Dash Hopes to finish them off with Corrupt. They always pay when at 20.

Attached: en_AIzobFCtS3.png (265x370, 177K)

>turn 15 win
Got em

I tried building the sotd combo deck with cycle stuff, and I tried building a reanimator deck, and I tried building a dimir control deck with cycling, and it just doesn't work.
It always wants to be aggressive but can't do shit before turn 3. I mean, if architects of will was a 3drop at least you could use unearth with it for some control stuff. But Chittering Rats is just so much better.

It was probably bumped to uncommon because muh limited.
Shame it wasn't one of the cards that got a common printing from Almond Cat.

It wasn't even that good in draft. I don't get why limited keeps getting blamed for everything fucky with the new sets.

I did creatureless Orzov Control once that used all the counterspells in both colors (Dash Hopes, Mana Tithe, Lapse of Certainty, and Dawn Charm) and a bunch of removal and ground out wins on Corrupt, and Evincar's Justice.

Because card rarity has always been a result of limited balance.

A Win it's a win. Usually is on turn 10 or 8 tho. 2 Corrupts or double Dash Hopes.
There is also Tyrant's Choice to help.

Sorry, not Corrupt, Syphon Life, the one with retrace.

I absolutely love that card.

The issue with decks like that is that it loses so hard to blue countermagic, and pauper is so dominated by blue at the moment.

Okay, I keep seeing "lol 20 lands, 40 rats" decks, but I want something that will let me win the game or kill myself. What does Black have to reckless ramp? Should I throw 4 Sign in Bloods? How about cycling Swamps and Peat Bog? Dark Ritual is an obvious addition.

Attached: Image (2).png (223x311, 119K)

sign in blood/night's whisper/dark ritual/peak bog/mind stone/18 lands/22 rats. There you go.

maybe thorn of the black rose for draw too

asphodel, unearth, removal, dark ritual, sign in blood

Which Midnight Gond is the best Midnight Gond? Pure combo or the aggro variant? Which is best for a Delver/Tron/UB Control Meta?

>pet card
I put 1 ravens crime in every black deck I make

Attached: Image.jpg (223x310, 31K)

Put this together the other day, haven't done much experimenting with it yet.

18 Swamp

4x Dark Ritual
4x Bog Witch
4x Unearth
2x Gray Merchant of Asphodel
2x Sign in Blood
4x Night's Whispers
3x Chainer's Edict

18x Relentless Rats
1x Crypt Rats

sideboard
2x Nihil Spellbomb
4x Choking Sands
4x Doomblade
1x Chainer's Edict
4x Shrivel

I can’t resist doing the same.

Attached: EC32B4AA-8B54-4B38-A76E-1495701738C3.png (500x350, 45K)

For the same reason this isn't. Remember kids dealing direct damage is more complex than your opponent losing life and you gaining that much life.

Attached: Image (1).jpg (223x310, 34K)

hows boros heroic and is it worth building?

>Frontier Pauper
go

what would you say to a spicy copy of phyresis in MBC?

Attached: shitanwank.jpg (1176x750, 636K)

>The Monuments from Amonkhet aren't common
Feels bad man

Attached: Relentless-Rats.jpg (672x936, 156K)

No, frontier is one of the worst formats ever

Added Fatal Blow to my mono sweepers deck and loving it. Unfortunately, LGS only has one (and Loyal Sentry isn't legal yet) so this deck won't be complete as it is in the link, and legal, until next week. Probably just subbing more Tragic Slip, Doom Blade, Journey to Nowhere

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grey-control-3/

The best thing I've brewed so far is mono black affinity. tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-b-affinity-1/

Looks fun, but just can't compete with the Atog/Fling combo.

Rate my spicy brew

I'd probably sub Springlead Drum for something else.

Faithless looting?

Seems good, yeah.

I would probably build monoR gobbos with some spicy gobbo tech like Goblin Grenade, Goblin Sledder and Goblin Warstrike

Goblin Grenade is banned.

Idiot here, why is Loyal Sentry better than like, Typhoid Rats?

Anything that -X/-Xs kills Sentry, so you'd typically never be able to block with it as a zero power to take advantage of the ability. Furthermore, Rats can attack and threaten death if blocked by a fatty, if you need to get in damage

Sentry seems strictly worse.

Because it occurs before combat damage so triggers don't go through, gets past first strike as well. Also combos with cards that let you block multiple creatures for example

>first strike
Neat. That makes sense.

whatever happened to that monoW Rebels deck people used to play?

people stopped playing it because other decks are better, basically

Can I use the uncommon printing of a Pauper legal card on MTGO?

Yes

Is A25 being released on MTGO?
I'd like to not pay $30 for a playset of Ash Barrens.

When do the M25 downshifts become legal for Pauper? On release date?

Even more confused, it's landing on MTGO tomorrow, 3/14, for draft... can we use it for pauper, then? I don't want to be "that guy" at my LGS and cause an issue...

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/masters-25-plus-treasure-chest-updates-2018-03-06

Any interesting cards in common?

Why though? It's not on the banlist and was printed at common

Attached: 1471354206554.jpg (270x320, 25K)

The 1/1 double strike for 1W guy, the 1/1 deathtouch (but not actually deathtouch) for W, savannah lions, hordeling outburst and that's it for interesting new commons.

It's not that it's banned, it's that it was never legal, because it wasn't printed at common online. They really need to consolidate these things, because things like Battle Screech exist in an opposite situation where a paper version doesn't exist at common but it does online. They also need to print the new-art Fyndhorn elves in paper outside of FTV

>savannah lions
What the fuck, that will never not be a rare card to me. What's next, common Serra Angel?
Hordeling Outburst seems interesting though.

>common Serra Angel
Then pauper will literally be the primo 'feels like the old days' format. Sure, what the hell. Downshift it!

To make this even more needlessly confusing, my store is gonna start running paper tournaments, but going with the online format.

It wouldn't even be playable anyway. Pauper's powerlevel is quite high.

I think normalizing it like that is a good idea. Use only either online or physical banlist, in both places. But they should strive to make them identical.

You said it, quadsman. I'm still probably gonna force it for a week anyway, my first deck was a Green/White Llanowar Elves into Serra Angel thing featuring special guest Elvish Warrior so I'll try to relive the good old days for one disastrous FNM.

Yeah, the store is going about it correctly. Using the online banlist in paper should be standard operating procedure until they can find a way to close the gap completely.

So is there any deck in pauper that's more of a meme than one-land spy? I really want to build it.

Speaking of it, which cards would you like to see downshifted in the future? For me it would be Shriekmaw, because pic related didn't quite cut it in modern.
As much as I like Mulldrifter, it alone with Ingot Chewer in the side doesn't make a proper Evoke deck.

Attached: Image.jpg (223x310, 28K)

Oh neat, Undying Evil + Supernatural Stamina work together for that deck's purposes. Yeah, Shriekmaw would be pretty cool.

>is there anything in the solar system brighter than the sun?
Sorry man, I guess the next one down would be inside out combo?

>LGS has Pauper scheduled
>No one has showed up at all in months

So, how's the online atmosphere? I'm not seeing many (any?) Zoo lists topping events in recent history.

It's pauping
I'm sorry but in all seriousness it's great, zoo is amazing, the format is too new for it to be solved yet zoo will be huge one day

I wish I had a Pauper league. Would like to branch out from just my friend group.

>Rebels
If you ask me, RW is the way to go with them:
// 60 Maindeck
// 3 Artifact
3 Boros Signet

// 18 Creature
4 Aven Riftwatcher
3 Amrou Scout
2 Defiant Falcon
4 Ramosian Lieutenant
3 Ramosian Sergeant
1 Zealot il-Vec
1 Thermal Glider

// 6 Enchantment
2 Bound in Silence
3 Journey to Nowhere
1 Lumithread Field

// 4 Instant
2 Rally the Peasants
2 Prismatic Strands

// 22 Land
7 Mountain
7 Plains
3 Boros Garrison
3 Wind-Scarred Crag
2 Secluded Steppe

// 7 Sorcery
3 Firebolt
4 Battle Screech

// 15 Sideboard
// 2 Artifact
SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus

// 8 Creature
SB: 1 Children of Korlis
SB: 3 Gorilla Shaman
SB: 1 Nightwind Glider
SB: 3 Standard Bearer

// 5 Instant
SB: 1 Flaring Pain
SB: 2 Electrickery
SB: 2 Ray of Distortion

>spoiler
That's some good-ass taste, user. Which art?

I'm thinking of shoveling $30 into MTGO for my Zoo deck, dunno though.
I'm really not a fan of the client, nor spending money on something that's going to be phased out as soon as WotC can figure out how to downplay the outrage when they scrap the servers.

>when they scrap the servers.
They just need to fucking rebuild the shitty client. We live in 2018, how the fuck is mtgo still an early 2000s tier client with the responsiveness and design of a run-over snail?

What's the difference between Mono-Blue Delver and Deep Hours Aggro?

Attached: SamusConfusion.jpg (121x125, 4K)

Whether or not the bluefag is lying to themselves.

Explain.

While the client is shit, it's because it's tied to a backend that is a fucking frankenstein of slapdash code.

If you look at the history of MTGO, you'll understand why they're stuck using the same shit-ass ciient: It'd be a massive waste of resources to build a new UI that's still tied to the same back-end, the same limitations, and so on.

Supposedly just coding one new effect/interaction can take days because every time they touch something another two things break.

That's why you now start from scratch and build a proper client. One that is futureproofed.
I would immediately throw money at digital magic if there was a good client.

No, there is not a single meaningful difference. Boros Monarchy and Kuldotha Boros have a larger gap between them, and said gap is minuscule. The only difference I could imagine is the number of cards specifically envisioned to enable Delver.

They don't want an MTGO-like client, they want to capture the hearthstone/streamer crowd. Significantly more money for them. They're also still dedicated to their idea of Standard being the premier format, so I would be amazed if they ever added in sets older than Kaladesh. Hell, with the release schedule they might wind up skipping the Kaladesh and Amonkhet blocks entirely.

So pauper will never, ever exist on Arena. Nor will Commander. Hell, you can tell by their UI it's incapable of handling more than two players at once.

I just want to play with my basically shards of alara block deck and relive the glory days

Then they need to put in more effort and actually get that shit done. I dunno what "Arena" is, but it clearly isn't what I'm asking for.
Fucking support formats, all cards, etc. Make a huge investment in it, and watch for 50 years as it rakes in money. As you say, from the streamer market etc. And from the market of people who actually just want to play the game digitally without killing themselves.

And they're honestly just fucking pussies if they never do it. Fucking shitters.

Any good cards for someone wanting to make a zombie apocalypse deck? I'm sort of new to MTG, but I want to make a deck that just floods the board with zombies.