GURPS General /gurpsgen/

Which quirk/disadvantage matches you the most?

>Dreamer
>You have -1 on any long task, because you tend to spend time thinking of better ways to do it, rather than working.

Attached: gurps general.pdf (PDF, 888K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gbQ7De5aRV_Kud6vIY0BQcFSM9Ac3G0IknmtDoAGCQo/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EebIl1Y9kRnqlYJ3HLSfhRD6IMoDBCKQeyJ1HPORBoI/edit#gid=1219226039
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12hLAG3cisXZRewpHNx8Ex47capbPi5Ffo1LBN5xtKfU/edit#gid=0
mafiadoc.com/gurps-4e-warhammer-40000-conversion120304-lafs-welt_59cde6ad1723ddfa656d189b.html
youtu.be/ggHPzebLTPU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How should a character with both Curious and Cowardice respond to something weird and interesting but clearly potentially dangerous to investigate?

Roll both, whichever wins is more dominant this time.
Alternatively, you spend a hour deciding whether you should investigate it or not.

Roll self-control for both.
Curious to initialize character interest about that.
Then Cowardice to know how strong you afraid of that thing.
If you succumb to both you just run away to safe, tormented by curiosity, hoping one day you'll return more brave and better equipped.

So if I wanted to do Altered Carbon/resleeving in GURPS, what source books should I look at?

transhuman space

I'm thinking about doing something with the Reign of Steel campaign setting (probably not using GURPS).
I kind of want to do something like a series of one shots that tour the various zones, but I have no idea what the overall story should be (forming alliances between the various resistance groups, I guess).
I'm thinking I want to start in Zone Washington with the characters working for the Feds, tracking Zone Zaire infiltrators and come to realise that the Zone is in an even more precarious position than anyone inside Zone Washington realises.
Suggestions or notes?

I made the silly mistake of opening a new thread for this, because my pc's refresh is broken as hell. I'll copypaste here.
"My friends and I are playing in a campaign of D&D 3.5, and since we are approaching the end, we are trying spin-off sessions using other systems to decide what we play next, and guess what, it's GURPS time.

We found a direct conversion module that feels pretty logical and straightforward, except in this table. It shows the conversion rate for abilities other than Strenght to its GURPS counterpart.

Does anybody knows why the numeric conversion from 3e look so wonky?"

Attached: Screenshot_20180312-130228.jpg (924x1103, 224K)

Ok. I wasn't sure because I'd heard it referred to as "setting material" and wasn't sure if setting meant Dungeon Fantasy or Alchemical Baroque.

I want to run a dark sun game in GURPS, and have some questions about psionics. For those of you who don't know, Dark Sun is a D&D setting that's basically Mad Max + psychics. Almost everyone has some form of minor psychic ability (which isn't that hard to stat out), but the problem I'm having is psychic manifestations. I'm actually not sure if it's in the book, but we've used this houserule for a while: Under great stress a character can make a psy potential roll. If they make it, they temporarily manifest a random psychic power for a round or so, for better or worse. How would I use a mechanic like that in GURPS? Remember that pretty much everyone has a psychic potential, though some more than others

Alcoholism

What's the roll you normally use? I don't feel like it'd be that hard to just port it after playing with the numbers a little for a 3d6-roll-under-stat for Psy Potential.

It doesn't make any sense to me. The odds of success don't match up and the game effects don't match up as far as I can tell. I'm no wiz with D&D though so there might be something I'm not seeing. What's the source of this?

Completely aside from that, I have done several adventure module conversions from other systems, various versions of D&D included. The best advice I can offer is to not do a direct mechanical conversion. Instead do a more relative conversion. If shackles are supposed to be hard to break by brute strength, find out what "hard to break" means in GURPS and use that for example. Another example is number of opponents. Facing 15 kobolds might be a laughable fight in D&D but result in a TPK in GURPS.

This is a suite of powers in its own right. What I would do is find the power being attempted in Psionic Powers and divide the cost by 25 with a minimum of 1 to make it a character-point powered, one-shot use ability. If the character makes the roll, the ability works. If you want it to be random, make a table and tell them the cost to activate after the roll. If they don't have character points to spend (or don't take a quirk or temporary disadvantage) then the stress isn't quite great enough.

Roll against whatever stats are relevant to psi in your campaign (IQ+psi talent or Will+psi talent, I'd guess) possibly with a small penalty/bonus depending on how frequent you want these manifestations to be.

Then just make a table of various psi abilities. If they succeed on the manifestation roll, roll on the temporary psi powers table. Power lasts 1d-2 rounds (min. 1 round)

If they make the first roll, maybe let them add their margin of success to their psi talent level for purposes of controlling their unexpected ability.

See GURPS Psionic Powers, GURPS DF 14 - Psi, and probably a bunch of pyramid articles, all of which can be found in a link on the OP PDF. Or buy them and keep SJG chugging a little while longer, whatever.

An afterthought, you could probably use default Psy Potential based on IQ, minus some number, maybe? My gut says -4 by default, just so you'd have something like a 1/10 chance of triggering an ability, for a totally normal individual who isn't particularly adept.

Then have an Advantage to raise PsyPot as a separate thing?

>What's the roll you normally use?

Percentile. Psy potental was based off of Int and Wis, I don't feel like digging out the book right now

>This is a suite of powers in its own right.
The whole point of psychic manifestation is even non psychics can do it, I'm not putting a point cost on it

I think that's probably good

Yeah, after an "Awakening" they can start buying psi powers (So it's not restricted to only buying during character generation). I can probably make it a real cheap advantage to get Psy Potential, and they can then use the points spent on Psy Potential once it's unlocked on Psy Powers

>t doesn't make any sense to me. The odds of success don't match up and the game effects don't match up as far as I can tell.

Yeah, kinda. The 3e is right, since modifiers are added every 2 levels power growth is drastic.

However in AD&D you only get a modifier at 13-15,16-17 and 18 (+3), being the highest possible without magic (or if you're a fighter). If anything, AD&D strength growth should be MUCH slower than any other game

I'm also not sure if "D&D" refers to 5e or B/X. If it's 5e, the growth should be the same as 3e

>Yeah, after an "Awakening" they can start buying psi powers (So it's not restricted to only buying during character generation). I can probably make it a real cheap advantage to get Psy Potential, and they can then use the points spent on Psy Potential once it's unlocked on Psy Powers

If being potentially psionic is a universal in your setting then it may make more sense to just give everyone the advantage, so the point value doesn't matter except for rare cases of someone lacking it.

1. Set a starting value for Psy Potential. If in D&D they can only manifest on a natural 20, that's a 5% chance, which is equivalent to a skill level of 5 in GURPS (4.6%). Check the table on p. B171 to get the probability right.
2. Use the table from "Random Psionic Tables" in issue 29 of Pyramid. You could probably start with 25-point packages, but maybe boost to 50-, 75-, or even 100-point packages on a natural 3 or 4.
3. Optionally, let PCs buy up Psy Potential at +5/level. It's probably too munchiny to let them buy it down, but if you want to allow it, I'd drop it to -2 or even -1/level.

If everyone has Psy Potential, you don't have to worry about pricing the core ability or finagling with modifiers.

>If being potentially psionic is a universal in your setting then it may make more sense to just give everyone the advantage

Everyone has a innate psionic potential of around 10%, but some are more adjusted than others.

Alright, so I think I've worked it out.

Unless you buy psi powers from the start, everyone starts out with a psi potential of 10% (Skill level 6). If you want, you can buy up Psy potential as a hard skill attached to will. you can reallocate these points as powers if you decide to actually master your psionic potential. Besides that though, at moments of stress, you can roll psy potential to manifest a random power as rolled on the table in Pyramid

Does this system sound alright?

I'd change the skill. Make it an Easy or Average skill based on the Psy Potential attribute of 6 instead. Other than that, it looks fine.

Are there rules for making the earliest of early cities? Like Jericho ~9000 BC, starts of civilization in the late neolithic and chalcolithic

What kind of rules? Like, how thick should walls be?

Low Tech maybe?

You know the accurate name of the eras, dude, you might be more educated on the rules than sjgames

Eh, I'm studying archaeology but iunno

You think I could get SJgames to pay me to write a book

How would it be playing a setting where most creatures are SM -1 with the exception of some rarer races being SM -2 or SM 0, and monsters in general being larger?

Attached: 00316977.jpg (1600x1076, 452K)

Desirous

Are there any guidelines as to how heavy/how much ST is required to knock over an innate attack with the solid Wall enhancement? Is it just a special effect that a wall made of iron will be heavier than a wall made of wood? Can these walls be placed in mid-air, and if so, are they solid barriers or would you need to link TK to hold them up? What I'm trying to stat and figure out is a force wall in a TK power, but I'm looking for guidance on whether people can shift them or if they have to outright destroy them. Also if you could create steps or solid planes in the air with this.

>How would it be playing a setting where most creatures are SM -1 with the exception of some rarer races being SM -2 or SM 0, and monsters in general being larger?

Citing Bunnies and Burrows, the easiest way to do it is take the most common PC race and have them be SM0, then adjust everyone else's SM as necessary.

How do you make an innate attack that counts as a "weapon", like a sword that uses the Rapier skill and counts as a fencing weapon.

Wouldn't that skew some other things though? Since isn't every object dictated by their SM not just creatures, it seems like some things would get thrown off.

Also you'd need to do some converting to adjust everything to normal SM standards to put characters made into a different setting instead of being able to just drop them in like normal.

>Math-Shy
>-1 to anything involving math
I cannot fathom how horrifyingly bad I am doing math, jesus fucking christ. And I like GURPS a lot. Jesus fucking christ, again.

I made a simple inventory manager so I could better keep track of my players inventories and encumbrance. docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gbQ7De5aRV_Kud6vIY0BQcFSM9Ac3G0IknmtDoAGCQo/edit?usp=sharing

Tell me what ya think.

It would work fine for a narrow scope game like Bunnies and Burrows where you typically won't need to do much with objects and characters from other games.

If maintaining continuity is more important, I suppose just keeping the rules as they are. The SM rules are pretty easy to apply in the field.

Note that realistic ST for low SM creatures is pretty low, and bigger/average sized monsters will have a significant advantage.

Attached: tumblr_p3hzcw1IEz1wjyjs1o3_1280.jpg (600x900, 161K)

GCS does that really well. Might want to check that out

also your move calculation isn't complete.

>in a lazy mechanics mood
>waiting for final episode of DBS this Saturday
>try to model the Kaioken roughly

Not quite sure what I was thinking. I succeeded, I guess, but some things you just can't reverse engineer neatly.

Attached: Forbidden Tech - Tear Up Their Character Sheet.jpg (750x913, 209K)

I have no idea about your chart, but here are some thoughts about converting 3.5 into GURPS:

You need to look on Difficulty Classes given in PHB and correspond it to task difficulty table in GURPS (BS345). I would say, that for 3.5e 15 DC is pretty similar to +0 skills in GURPS.

Similarly 0 DC and 30 DC are pretty much -10 and +10 modifiers.

Then, assuming average person's attributes/stats, we can convert it to the appropriate skill. +5 skill in DnD thus is pretty much 10 active skill in GURPS. Scaling it with DC, we can assume the formula for converting skills from DnD to GURPS:

GURPS_skill = 10 + (((3.5_skill - 5) / 15) * 10)

If you are converting a character with lots of 1-3 point skills, that are lower than 5 and your GURPS attributes are too high for a skill as low as 8, use Dabbler perk from Power-Ups 8: Perks p. 16

Attack bonus converts slightly different. I would say that the appropriate weapon skill is just your attack bonus/2.5 + 10. It would progress similarly, but turn your Tordek into an unstoppable killing machine on higher levels.

Attributes are very intuitive:
DX is 10 + DEX modifier
IQ is 10 + INT modifier
ST = STR
HT = 10 + CON

Charisma:
take 10 point for every +1 in DnD and spend it among appropriate advantages (talents, appearance, social class, etc). If you have both high INT and high CHA, subtract 5 points from the spending bucket for every +1 to IQ (because in GURPS social skills depends on IQ)

WIS:
Similarly to Charisma. Spend these points on talents and will.

As highlevel 3.5 characters have LOTS of HP, you should take couple of levels of Luck with a limitation for your active defenses. A good rule of thumb is 1 level of Luck per 20 D&D HP after the first 20.

Convert class features and feats into powers and advantages. Rougish sneak attacks and some fighter's feats, which covers attacks should be interpreted as martial arts techniques.
Take Trained By Master and/or Weapon Master if appropriate.

Now let's talk about magic.

You are fucked.

Like, seriously.

There are two ways of doing it: a relatively easy and a proper one. Relatively easy: read Dungeon Fantasy (read it anyway BTW) and assign similar looking magic colleges to appropriate classes. You will be forced to get rid of almost all of you spells. Pick a couple of most important/iconic ones and find the most alike in GURPS magic.

As it is fatigue (mana) base, you may want to read Taumatology and pick some options from it. Spell slots, for example.

And then, there is a PROPER way.

Clerics and paladins, druids and rangers use Powers - Divine Favor, sorcerers - Sorcery, and usual wizards - DF19: Incantations. These are very distinct systems of magic, that can work together, but man this is hard to balance them properly.

They all allow to create your own spells and, frankly, they are actully only spell constructors. Convert spells from D&D into these systems, and furher allow only (other) converted spells from D&D to be cast.

I second incantations - It's literally vancian but better. You still have the "Too powerful for your mind" aspect as well as the resource management, but you also have emergency on the spot casting and the ability to create your own

Yeah you could use the system from thaumatology with modular slots representing spells, but frankly incantations is just so much better; It's probably my favourite magic system

I'm writing up a setting and equipment for it. It's dieselpunky TL6 and I'll be using some simplified rules (notably hit locations being limbs, torso, head) and less lethal rifles.

I've got a powered diving suit intended for salvage operations I've statted up and any feedback would be cool cos I'm not used to this shit.

Main suit:
DR bonus of 20 to torso, 18 to limbs.
ST bonus of +8
Weight 250lb

Helmet:
DR bonus of 22 to head
When worn with main suit, grants Sealed
Weight 50lb

Arm-mounted saw (part of suit)
Melee weapon
[not sure what skill it uses yet]
Damage sw+2d cut
Reach 1
Minimum ST 12
Parry 0U
Weight 25lb

Most of my guns are literal reskins of WWI and WWII ones with Less Lethal applied (damage halved, armour pen added), is this suit gonna break the fucking game?

Kind of OK, but there are at least 4 distinct spreadsheet (Google docs/Excel) charsheets, that have the same inventory manager as an integral part, so you should probably check them up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EebIl1Y9kRnqlYJ3HLSfhRD6IMoDBCKQeyJ1HPORBoI/edit#gid=1219226039
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12hLAG3cisXZRewpHNx8Ex47capbPi5Ffo1LBN5xtKfU/edit#gid=0

Only untill you are using different optional calculation rules and stuff.

Isn’t it just an Alternate Form that boosts nearly all traits but saddled with the Unsuppoted limitation?

Two options that I know about: an innate attack with ST-Based and Melee that uses a weapon skill as a feature, or the Natural Weapons article from Pyramid 3-65. I much prefer Natural Weapons myself, the price scheme is more fair for what you're getting and less prone to abuse.

How lethal is GURPS?

Yeah, but it's trying to just raw measure what it does and how it works. Best I got so far is this for hypotheticals, just hacking together values and ideas, and using 3e stuff like Hyper-Strength. Figure it's a blend of greatly raised ST, starting at 1.5 and getting another +.1 per x1 increase. Instead of DX, I just modded Speed, which is a huge enough advantage. Then DR based on HT, and heightened senses, for a certain amount of HP per interval, risking crippling and death from overuse.

Kaioken
ST x1.5
Speed x0.1
DR +HTx0.1
Perception+1
1/HP

Kaioken x3
ST x1.6
Speed x0.2
DR +HTx0.2
Perception+2
2/HP

Kaioken x4
ST x1.7
Speed x0.3
DR +HTx0.3
Perception+3
3/HP

Kaioken x10
ST x2.3
Speed x0.9
DR +HTx0.9
Perception+9
10/HP

Kaioken x20
ST x3.3
Speed x1.9
DR +HTx1.9
Perception+19
20/HP

Attached: 1509479850968.png (834x958, 284K)

Depending on how you'll tune it.

Quite deadly using melee weapons, deadly as your ex using firearms by default.

Your armor and active defences either work perfectly and allow you to ignore attacks at all, and barely influence your iminent death.

Typical duel lasts for 4-8 secons

But, GURPS provides a lot of ways for master to change it. Using injury tolerance as a setting baseline, you can make people far more spongy. DR as a baseline allows you to ignore lesser wounds and specific luck or advanced active defence allow you to get killing blows quite rarely.

This user lied to you. These are the ways to add ST damage to your blows.

For rapier skill use take weapon adaptation perk.

I'm wanting to run a system using a lineage system. Does Gurps have a rule set for that?
I.e. After a couple of sessions, your character will have to retire, and then his next of kin has to take his place.

That's an interesting concept. I guess Boardroom and Curia can handle the dynasty, building a family legacy and so on, Biotech has a bit about eugenics which might possibly be relevant to trying to select favourable mates and breed strong children, Back to School covers training in detail, to give some idea of what skills could be passed to the heir...

Attached: 41d8d0e6d8861786eb0d22854869f1a6.jpg (378x750, 42K)

Bio-Tech has rules for selective breeding across generations.
Social Engineering: Back to School has rules for training your child (or hiring teachers for him).
You can just rule that, when a character dies, he's allowed to pass on 10% (point-wise) of his advantages and disadvantages to his child.

That helps greatly guys. I'll give it a go. The lineage system was going to be used with basicly Mechs being passed down to family members to fight a horror or some shit. I'm going to give monster hunter a read, to see if that can help. Are their any books that are interesting but never used?

How low ST are we talking? For like a SM -2 critter, how weak would they be? Does SM affect HT too or just ST?

What do you think of the alternate Knowing Your Own Strength rules from Pyramid #83?

Per Low Tech Companion 2 page 21 your typical SM -2 critter has ST 5, while SM -1 is typically ST 8.

SM doesn't effect HT, but it does mean your tiny creatures will have very low HP.

>KYOS

It's cool, but really focused on SM 0 humans where it provides a more useful range and makes ST more meaningful and worth it's 10 points/level.

Attached: tumblr_p3za6fTt5q1qjj1ako2_1280.jpg (684x1054, 163K)

I feel like the arm mounted saw might work well as a Brawling weapon, if it's arm mounted, but perhaps get -2 to effective SL as improvised unless you see it as being optimized for combat use, as needed, like a Big Daddy.

>Will it break the game?

Naw, it's tough but someone with a K98 can put a man wearing one down in a few shots, much less anyone with an antitank rifle.

Attached: tumblr_p03ljjjy7t1sj8sv9o1_1280.jpg (640x960, 109K)

Is there a WH40K conversion for GURPS somewhere?

Conversion from a wargame to an RPG? Doubtful.

1. There are 40k RPGs
2. There are 40k conversions to GURPS.
3. I don't have links, though

mafiadoc.com/gurps-4e-warhammer-40000-conversion120304-lafs-welt_59cde6ad1723ddfa656d189b.html

If I have Detect (Animal) advantage, can I fight humans and other animals while blinded without Blind Fighting? Or do I need something like Reflexive?

You need Reflexive and probably Precise too.

I had forgotten about precise, yeah I definitely need that.
I'm brainstorming without any book in my hands, could you tell me if Detect comes with analysis by default, if so I might get a point break by adding "no analysis" (I think it was -20%?)

You can, but with -6 and you cannot chose any hit locations.

Cannot Analyze is -10%

Shit, doesn't Precise take care of that? If not maybe I could slap Reliable...

I don't need analyze anyway so any point break by eliminating it is helpful, thanks!

Precise, IIRC, tells you exactly where, what direction, the distance, etc. Without analyzing (via roll or automatically with the right enhancement), you can't differentiate. A horse, a rat, and an ogre all ping the same. If you change it from Detect (Animal) to something like Detect (Life Force), a generous GM may let you differentiate "high life-force" people like ki masters or heroes from common people without analysis, but as is, nah man.

Hypotheticaly, precise makes it -4. According to BS.

You need to know the location of a target to make a -4 roll. Detect gives you the direction and precise - respectful distance.

But according to Powers - Enhanced Senses...
I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA

Sensory hierarchy is messed and i don't know, whether precise is enough, but it seems that it is.

By default detect is like picture related. But instead of spotting things that reflect X-Band, it's picking up what you have Detect for.

Detect is hard, because it's used for things as varied as "a sense daemons are near" to "AN/APR-39 Radar Warning Receiver"

Attached: screen-shot-of-the-radar-24331.jpg (701x500, 57K)

thank you user. i'm not the guy who asked, but I was also looking for something like this to save some prep time

Attached: arrakis.jpg (900x1600, 1016K)

I've been trying to think of super-science sci-fi materials that would be really inconvenient for a scavenger civilization to try and make do with after the collapse of their precursors.
Stuff that would be hard to re-purpose for other projects.

I'm thinking most things would be ceramics or polymer materials, especially things making heavy use of carbon nanotubes and the like, when metals are used it would typically be stuff like refractory metals such as tungsten, or superalloys, or other useful, but difficult to work with, metals like titanium and magnesium. I think steel would be used very rarely, and guns having things like aluminum and plastic casings or firing caseless rounds if they're even conventional firearms at all, to make reloading annoying and risky.

Probably the most useful metal they could find in usable amounts for salvaging would be Beryllium-Copper, almost similar to steel in properties except for very slightly weaker and heavier, but more corrosion resistant, non-magentic and non-sparking, and still easy enough to forge into other items, unlike the other metals they'd be likely to find.

Attached: Beryllium_Copper_Adjustable_Wrench.jpg (994x276, 139K)

I need to know what makes a guy punch good.

Doesn't need to be fancy martial arts. Doesnt need to pierce armor. Doesnt need to defensive in any way. All I need is to up the damage of punches insofar as that damage is coming from the bare fist, and not some kind of weapon or lingering effect.

Attached: IMG_0601.jpg (1024x768, 116K)

My friend, have you heard the good word regarding Striking ST with limitations of hands only to bring it down to a rockin' point per level? Then on the cheap you can rock 'em sock 'em like a pavement buster.

We want campaign based on rockband 2 intro and Brütal Legend
youtu.be/ggHPzebLTPU
How fine GURPS deal with rockin' musical gear and his modding/tuning? Same question for cars and trucks/buses.
How to model Battle of the Bands, aside from whose roll higher?

Attached: 227614_KW7nmtaPS2_brutal_legend.jpg (1430x645, 202K)

So many ways. You could do performances like regular contests between leads with band members using complementary skills (giving a reason for pyrotechnics and Tommy Lee drum solo shenanigans). Or maybe do it like combat where you remap instruments to weapons, armor, and defenses and have each of the band monsters whittle away the HPs of the other.

What modding does depends on how the battle works. With regular contests modding might only give a skill bonus or certain mods may allow otherwise off limits skills to be used as complementary. With combat mods are weapon stat tweaks (mind control bass, area effect drums, arcing surge electric kazoo, tacticool guitar with increased range, reduced bulk, and a targeting laser).

How far can your imagination take you and how to do you want it to work? You'll have to figure that out before we can give detailed help.

>Musical instruments
Not a lot, but you can use the options available for other types of gear as precedent for modifiera for instruments.
>Cars, trucks
Spaceships. A truck will need a good number of its system slots dedicated to truck things (engine, drivetrain, etc.), but that’ll still leave plenty of systems open for customization. Note that with the published rules, the smallest you can get is SM+4, but I feel great honkin’ trucks fits the aesthetic you’re funning for.
>Battle of the Bands
Take a look at Mass Combat, which is able to turn “roll some quick contests of Tactics” into something approaching fun. Class Superiority now means one band has a better vocalist, bassist, roadie crew, or whatever than the other. Band leaders choose the next song in an attempt to best show up the other band and win over the crowd—a technically superior band can still lose if they respond to a heartfelt ballad the crowd loved with a well-executed-but-inappropriate bout of scream metal. Replace troop casualties with how hyped the crowd gets (or have both if “battle of the bands” is more literal).

Cast ceramic reinforced with carbon fiber is unrepairable and very difficult to repurpose. You could get away with saying that it was very cheap to 3D print before the collapse, stronger then steel, long lasting and corrosion resistant.

Don't be afraid to throw out some useful materials. Sheets of optical sapphire could be broken into large crystals, shaped and ground to a razor sharp edge while remaining as hard and durable as mild steel.

For guns? If you want them to be relics of a bygon past then ID-Locked electromotive weapons that fire electromagnet darts would make for weapons where the gun and ammo are unusable.

Striker (limb) will give you +1 per die.You probably need the iron arms perk to buy it.
Boxing will give you +2 per die.
Uppercut can get you +1 damage. Two-handed punch can give that and another +1 per die but only works with Brawling unless you somehow manage to convince your GM that Skill Adaptation will let you add your Boxing bonus to it.
If your game doesn't use Extra Effort in Combat, get the Extra Option perk so you can use Mighty Blows and Focused Fury to stack another +4 or +2 per die onto your damage.
Springing Attack can get you yet another +1 per die.
Then you need to get a bunch of dice to put those bonuses onto. That means ST, Striking ST(probably with one attack only limitation) and Arm ST. Limited SS is the most point-efficient, but you may not be able to just buy as much as you want and may need Special Exercises perk to get it.
If your total ST is around 20 and you still have a lot of points to spend, it might be worth learning Power Blow, especially if you have decent Will and/or a Talent which helps it.

Other stuff which can make you punch stuff better, without boosting damage:
High skill obviously lets you hit more often. Technique Mastery (Uppercut) can get you an effective +4 to hit for 6 points as well as that small damage bonus. Combine it with Targeted Attack (Uppercut/Face) or something.
Dual Weapon Attack is allowed for unarmed attacks and also gives a penalty to defend, but you need Off-Hand Training with Boxing. Alternatively a combination could work, although it's more expensive for two attacks and can give your opponent a bonus to defend, so I'd only bother if you want a three-hit combo.
Increased SM gives you a discount on ST and more importantly lets you punch at Reach 1.
If you want to go really cinematic, get some Imbuements; Crippling Blow and Forceful Blow suit strength and skill as justifications.

Exotic Hand Strike adds another +1 to punch damage which can be stacked with Uppercut as far as I can tell. It only defaults to Karate, but some styles offer Skill Adaptation to Boxing.

What does a character being incapacitated actually mean? I see the term come up in the affliction advantage in the basic set, but I couldn't find it in the index.

See p. 428
You suffer the effects of Stun and usually some additional penalties depending on the condition. You must take the Do Nothing manoeuvre, defend at -4, usually can't move even to the degree which Do Nothing allows and may be forced to fall over.

Get high striking st with (hands only) for 1 point per ST, then get the rapid strike imbuement and ATATATATaTATATATA everything. Don't forget to use rapid strike / All out attack (double)

Whoops, *Multi strike imbuement WHILE using rapid strike (I think you can do that) and All out double

A while back we were talking about punching through a tank, but how hard would it be to punch through a tank with a punch RUSH? Let's say you dump 100 points into striking arm STR, Bring Karate up to skill 40 and got the multi strike imbuement. Would you be able to punch hole through the tank with a punch rush?

Why is getting a super amount of strength so expensive compared to basically any super power? Someone mentioned like two threads ago you could get the equivalent of 50 strength with TK for half the price, and you can also use it at a range

Is there a practical way to just be a super strong smasher without being pathetic compared to your allies?

KYOS?

ST with the Super (+300%) modifier. Add in Cosmic abd Reduce Fatigue Cost to keep your ST at the supervalue indefinitely.

Kill yourself outside slave? No thank you

Know Your Own Strength?
Or maybe Kill Yordles On Sight?

Killing Your Old Self: Recreating Yourself in Twelve Easy Payments.

I don't remember which issue of pyramid KYOS is in

I make very strong punch man. Good yes?

Attached: Very strong.pdf (PDF, 23K)

3-83 p.16

I'm new and want to get into GURPS. I saw the last thread there was a lite thing that I read through, and I also saw that it was reccomended to make pregens

The problem is I A: don't know what type of game would be good for them (They've played D&D and Call of Cthlhu, but they want something different) and B: I don't know how to make characters (how many points should I give them, how do I put them in, buying skills etc)

Maybe try Monster Hunters or Action? Both have good solid template choices, and sound pretty different from what you've played.

Or if you were just looking for mechanical differences, maybe ease them into it with Dungeon Fantasy?

We're looking for both mechanical and tonal differences

What type of one shot could I do with Monster Hunters or Action? Could you give me a scenario / point cost?

what's the most broad aspected sorcery can you have?

>Monster Hunters. 400 point templates from Champions book.

You stand outside a giant old steel mill, long ago closed down.. and now a home of a pack of viscous vampires that have been praying on the local homeless population. Gang tags and chalk signs on the walls outside warn that it's a dangerous place. You are here to hunt though the building and kill monsters.

>Action. 250 point template from the Heroes book.

It's 1988 and you are going into Venezuela to extract (kidnap) a real scumbag from the local cocaine cartel. Figure out a way to get him when he's in his fortress like estate as his brutal thugs oppress the local village.

Attached: 7h7yZ8g.jpg (1365x2048, 524K)

>viscous vampires

Ew. Goo vamps are the worst.

>praying.

What's wrong with that though? The homeless need the good word of God as much as anyone, and more than most.

They're praying on top of the homeless. Vampires are fairly heavy and also their viscosity ruins their clothes; homeless people dont have many clothes.

What they do have is usually stained with urine already. Personally I feel bad for the vampires.

It's a mercy, really, to kill them.

Oh, a mercy killing. I understand now, carry on and may your scotchguard hold strong.