Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

He Who Smelt Them edition

>Necron traits leak:
imgur.com/a/gNweR

>Chibiknights
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/12/unit-focus-armiger-warglaivesgw-homepage-post-4/

>See if you can spot the reference to Matt Ward
youtube.com/watch?v=yDh_aoyZT38

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhamster:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous:

Attached: 1436525875214.jpg (1453x4892, 2.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hqVO6ez4xFU
3plusplus.net/2018/03/necron-codex-leak/
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/12/unit-focus-armiger-warglaivesgw-homepage-post-4/
pastebin.com/uuvSsaUf
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/15/aborted-babies-incinerated-to-heat-uk-hospitals/
youtube.com/watch?v=o_zZgPhf6Cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1rd for chaos

This is O'Shovah-sama. Say something nice about him.

Attached: 23164178_880580418767898_6993766591225659392_n.jpg (1017x1017, 55K)

>Not linking the necron codex
Poor form
youtube.com/watch?v=hqVO6ez4xFU
3plusplus.net/2018/03/necron-codex-leak/

Best part of worst faction

Fast contemptor dreadnoughts with a 30" assault d3 multi melta

Attached: 40kForgebane-Mar5-ForgebaneArmiger3bq.jpg (920x950, 109K)

Fires of Cyraxus

Attached: FWDrillPreview-Mar12-Terrax1rc.jpg (920x634, 339K)

Maybe flag an OP next time so that people who are waking up to dead threads know that something important happened. If I'm around, I'll include them in the next pasta.

reposting the list of changes i made because why the hell not

pastebin.com/uuvSsaUf

The big question is the point cost.

Little disapoined its not str 7 or even 8, but it seems pretty good

Looks 3x times faster. Does he actually?

Between this and Fires of Cyraxus I am beeping my boop right now

Attached: admech happy react.jpg (246x205, 8K)

>pastebin.com/uuvSsaUf
You missed that Gauss cannons have been given +1 str (5>6)

Melee battlesuit.

>Necron codex is looking solid
Looks like GW is on the upswing for codex power levels, I hope DE follows suit.

Its gonna be overcosted. If it's any more than 200 it will never see use.

Okay compared to a contemptor:
>5 inches faster
>Better multi-Melta, though random shots so a bit flakey
>regular melta instead of stormbolter
>No invuln in combat
>Worse skill stats

Mm... Probably worth maybe 15 points more than a regular contemptor? Any more than that and they aren't taking the cons into account well enough.

>Vect is still not playable

Attached: 305ef5e97d04235a5bbe7b5793f5bf39611a60a3.gif (438x469, 27K)

Only self-respecting melee xenos in an empire of cowards.

Sucks that his failcast model is $50.

For Necron named characters, who is in which dynasty? Only thing I know is that Imotekh is Sautekh.

Go read the keywords silly

>implying

Attached: VisarchArt.jpg (676x448, 92K)

Yeah it's worth about 180 points I would say.

also won't be 2s to hit

250 easilly.

>implying Vect is the galaxy's largest cuck.

That's cold dog.

>Gauss cannons have an extra shot
>Gauss cannons have been given +1 str (5>6)

making me really want to blow a bunch of money on destroyers, heavy destroyers and a lord now

That's what I said, worse skill stats.

He's gonna Elliot rodgers

Redpill me on thunderfire in this edition, is it worth 121 pts? Because quad mortar looks pretty op for 85 pts gun.

Its alright, the stratagem is the big draw for it

What’s the verdict on the Necron codex leak? Apparently the whole enchilada is out there but I’m at work and can’t see it until this evening.

Yvraine and Bobby G. are still gonna pump out a super op snowflake baby blessed by the god emperor of man and of the eldar dead.

I already have 18 destroyers, 12 heavy destroyers and 2 destroyer lords so I'm very happy right now.

They won't all fit into 2000 like they used to, but eh, more wounds and shots.

No.

That speed is the main selling point. And all assault to so it can keep moving.

It's gonna be 200 something.

Everything I’ve seen looks solid.

If it's not 200 or less, it's DOA.
God forbid it's WS/BS 4+ or some shit. It's already going to degrade.

A necron player I know is freaking out, it's really really good apparently.

>What’s the verdict on the Necron codex leak?

Really, really good. Nice stuff in all the new codex exclusive stuff, only one unit was raised in price and it got a bunch of buffs, and best of all Heavy Destroyers are cheap enough now that we actually have anti-tank in our codex.

Can't wait for sisters at the new conference.

If only it would actually be released. Forge World designers thought GW would go a different way with balance, and made a ruleset that buffed admech while being less beneficial for Tau, to ultimately demonstrate that FW would be a more balanced play set. The FW ban in tournaments across Europe is really sinking the sale of summoning doors.

However, now that both codices are out they've realized that they made a terrible mistake and are going to try to buff tau and be less useful to Admech.

The result is more delays.

Attached: Mechanicuswaifu.png (958x475, 772K)

Dubs confirm: Necrons OP 2018

Sounds to me like you are talking out your arse there m8

Whoever made that conversion fucked up the upper part of the blade, beneath the notch.

Basically everything is cheaper and/or better the only shitty thing is that wraiths got the nerfbat (weapons got buffed but now they cost way more). Also Lords with staffs of light may actually be better than crypteks with the rerolling 1's to hit aura.

Receives like you are transmitting out of your exhaust duct, there, Magos.

Knights will always be terrible because they don't have access to reroll support so they will forever fuck when fight fighting with their chain weapons.
Regardless of what you hit on it is a mathmatical fact that if you have 4 attacks you will always miss with at least 2

I thought it was ones to wound

Plastic sisters never ever.

looks like a solid 8 where a 10 is dark reaper spam

yeah that's it

I wish

Tau look pretty okayish, not op.

Wraiths got -2, 2 damage, can fall back and shoot/charge and there's an advance and charge wraiths stratagem.

Oh, and Sautekh wraiths don't take penalty for shooting Transdimensional Beamers, meaning they might actually see use for the first time.

Their point cost isn't perfect, but they're solid enough.

>tfw I was thinking about starting a Necron army but the only dynasty I like is Thokt
rip me I guess

Every time you say that you push the clock forward 5 minutes.

Good.

I’ve been saying it for weeks. That’s the whole reason behind the “community survey”. They said they were going to release answers in late January. During the week of adepticon they’ll show an article on the survey and passingly mention “we noticed a lot of requests for plastic sisters” then continue on with the results. Conference day comes and they’ll be like “remember those plastic sisters you asked for in the survey? HERE THEY ARE” and GW will have achieved perpetual motion by pure monetary generation.

Tin foil hat time.
Are Lynchguard and Deathmarks seriously troops now. Just why?
I almost think that the leaked copy had deliberate mistakes so GW could root out some more 'unsanctioned' leakers. You could tell that all the leaked codes where kind of thrown on the end of the Sunday announcement.

And every time you mention it, the clock resets.
Plastic sisters never ever.

Alrighty boys I find myself getting my ass kicked as BA's. I've been running 2 Tacs, 1 Intercessor, 1 Termie captain, 1 Jump Chaplain, Libby, Regular Dread, V-Vets & D-Company (both MSU), two squads of the Shulk Terminators, Hellblasters, Lazback, and MSU bikes.

Besides removing the tacticals for Primaris what else could I do to maybe make this 1850 point list worth a shit.

Attached: IMG_20180219_194300.jpg (4032x3024, 2.81M)

So given the rules, what units in the Forgebane box would be actually used and what will not?

I never brought that up specifically, just the news.

>1850
It’s 1500 or 2000 nowadays.
WHERE IS YOUR DEATH COMPANY!?

If they got all that, they need a price boost. Kind of sad they further improved them while monoliths continue to suck

Everything except the mini-knights.

I've never preordered before but I'd drop everything to get to their store page after that announcement.

everyone who plays those armies already has everything except the armigers and the cryptek

My league is 1850 at my shop which is kinda silly, and most people play around that or 2k. I think at 1500 I'd have more of a chance maybe. Nevertheless, my D-company is literally just a MSU of 5 jumpy boys. I was thinking if I removed the Primaris additions and put in just two more squads of D-Company I'd have some better luck.

How grimdark would you rate this? telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/15/aborted-babies-incinerated-to-heat-uk-hospitals/
Hive world/10?

something seems off about one of your boys there

How do you run dark eldar human mercenaries?

Everything apart from the mini knights, those will be played if the point cost is okay

Get more D-company. A large blob with descent of angels will fuck whatever is in close proximity.

reminds me of the word bearers book where the admech wanted the dead elysian guardsmen bodies to turn into paste to feed servitors.

He's the best and the coolest and so are the enclaves!

Attached: naughty torchstar.png (822x918, 849K)

He's objectively cooler than 98% of 40k characters.

Tau/10

Remove terminators, replace with essentially anything.

Was that series any good? Or is it like the Word Bears themselves?
The Tau would do that?

That's just being efficient.
Or maybe the servitors wanted some space French fries.
I'll see myself out

Wargear loadout for Death Company? Power swords, fist+imferno pistol or thunder hammers?

>He's objectively cooler than 98% of 40k characters.

Attached: 1510023822312.jpg (382x535, 31K)

BEGONE

>youtube.com/watch?v=o_zZgPhf6Cc
This guy has to be the most cringeworthy motherfucker i've ever had the displeasure to watch.
How come nobody tells him to shut the fuck up when he laughs because he rolled good?

Attached: 1399399621041.jpg (250x248, 19K)

>The Tau would do that?
It's for the greater good, heat homes with dead human babies.

That... barely even makes sense as an answer. Maybe if I was talking about that WFB Dark Elf assassin Shadowblade.

Use lieutenants.

>Abortions are incinerated in a similar fashion to corpses and other clinical waste.
>A recycling plant tries to reuse the energy that would otherwise be fully wasted into the environment.
>Somehow people is not OK with this.

What the fuck? I guess the parents might want to bury the aborted or miscarried babe but still. Fucking sensationalist bit of news.

Is DP spam the only viable tsons play?

Now you're just being ridiculous, the tau would only do that with dead tau babies.

>muh manga robot
>posts a picture of you

Makes sense

My fellow beep boops I have a question: can I run admech efficiently at 1.5-2k points without vanguard? I really like the look of rangers and just wanna run a bunch of them instead, but I've never done so without the arquebus. Can they be effective without it?

Are standard termies just terrible in general in 8th? I really love the models and nothing makes me feel better than seeing ten beefy boys descent into the backlines to smash things up.

>getting this flustered over someone having fun
WOOOOO! lad

You would think a fight would breakout when he "WOO"s when he rolls good.

No, Birbs are good. You'll want 2-3 Princes and Ahriman, then a million birbs and maybe a cultist unit or two for backfield.

0/10 Grimdark. Believe it or not, they can't just leave aborted fetuses lying around for the crows to eat or whatever.