OOTS #1114

New one up

Attached: ccseifuwetojhsdfopqwerir39iefwpoqwr1114.png (916x1194, 404K)

This seems like an entirely pointless strip. We already know she abandoned her husband, why do we need to know that she finally divorced him?

To cement how evil she is.

For some reason I'm sensing the hand of one of the Directors here, though I can't say why - if nothing else I'd guess there's more strings than she realises on her.

Also bankrupting and shaming your family just to get out of a marriage once and for all, that's pretty cold. And Elan's probably too dumb to notice that, but he'll almost certainly pass it on to Haley, who will, and who values family, and who doesn't trust Hilgya...

Because And because this is the second-to-last arc and Rich probably wants to tie up all loose ends.

Hilgya has to transition from the one-note "unjustified hatred of husband" joke character to an actual evil character, so showing she's clever enough to pull off a scheme and ruthless enough to ruin her own family makes her seem like a more solid character.

>why have character development

Attached: 1451527619748.gif (367x225, 326K)

The autists in the forums probably complained that there wasn't enough explanation.

So at this pace, OotS wraps up by, what, early 2030?

My money is on 'abruptly abandoned without a climax sometime next year' with a kickstarter a year after to launch a patron project to finish it with the original producers

Fucking autists. I wish trump would gas the autists already.

He'd lose all his supporters though.

>Gelatinous Cube Races
How is that even a thing?
That concept is legit Dwarf Fortress byzantine.

>The baby's name is Kudzu
>Tolkien's word for Dwarvish is Khuzdûl
DEEPEST LORE

Attached: kudzu1.jpg (1175x620, 510K)

Please, Dwarf Fortress has things like quantumn stockpiles, bridge atom smashers, and the concept of burning away all of your fat to make you immune to damage.

you're not immune to damage, just BLEEDING damage. You can still very easily take nerve damage, or bone damage.
What you really want is some kind of method of inflicting controlled lycanthropy, but dwarf fortress became too advanced as I was testing designs, and I fell to framerate death.

thog?

Eh, while her treatment/resentment of her husband wasn't justifiable, her feelings toward her family are, somewhat. She was married off in an arranged marriage that she wanted no part in to improve her family's standing. This is why she merely divorced her husband, doing no harm to him, while getting revenge on her family at the same time.

>her treatment/resentment of her husband wasn't justifiable

I really like how she actually understands this. Already more self-aware than 90% of the people I know, and she's supposed to be a chaotic-evil stick character.

That's literally everyone in those times though. Why should she be treated differently?

Fuck off, /pol/.

Pol has nothing to do with this. That's what happened in societies like hers.

She shouldn't. Everyone else should also be liberated. She just had the galls to do it for herself.

...Yes, and? Her whole character was based on being a rare exception to Dwarf society that values individualism over family, honor, and collectivism.

I just like the idea of a Thog'd version with all empty speech bubbles.

Attached: thog is lazy today.png (916x313, 109K)

Cut down a bit further, too lazy to reassemble it into a proper thog-post

Attached: An effort was made.png (916x313, 100K)

She literally said she was trying to help others escape conservative Dwarvish society by converting them to Loki LAST STRIP

>She literally said she was trying to help others escape conservative Dwarvish society by converting them to Loki LAST YEAR
ftfy

Attached: 1520880369624.png (916x1194, 581K)

Yes, and? Societies like hers used to beat people who were left handed because they thought that was Satan's influence. Just because "they did it that way back then" doesn't mean a character can't agitate for change themselves.

And she is. She absolutely hated being used as a political pawn by her family, so she broke free, got revenge for being used as a pawn, and then started working to free others from the chains society locked on them.

Also the "crossbows" part of her talk was literal. I'm going to upgrade her anger at the arranged marriage to "fully justified".

Attached: oots0083.gif (686x923, 116K)

Funnily enough, Durkon might have actually spurred her to do that. What he said in the strip after is pretty damn prescient.

>inb4 Durkon's ignored love of Hilga is lets him finally get the drop on Durkula

Attached: oots0084.gif (719x923, 108K)