Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

The Necron Empire Edition!

>Necron Leaks:
3plusplus.net/2018/03/necron-codex-leak/

>New Imperial Knights:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/12/unit-focus-armiger-warglaivesgw-homepage-post-4/

>Fire Warrior Review:
youtube.com/watch?v=yDh_aoyZT38

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous Thread:

Attached: ebadadb3d31c48d1909173ed1faf6f59.jpg (250x373, 25K)

first for nids!

second for Tau = Orks

Attached: 1512851652162.jpg (686x576, 37K)

they'll be $55 individually

Attached: 40kForgebaneFocus-Mar12-Image8v.jpg (1000x682, 120K)

Do praetorians or lychguard change tremendously from the leaks? I love my elites

What needs to be done to fix the Tau?

What should I include in a shooty Salamanders list?

So far the only things I really want in it are Vulkan Hestan and a Sicaran MBT

You beat me again.

Attached: kRoots.jpg (720x528, 149K)

Have manlet marines gotten anything since primaris were introduced?

Fuck ton cheaper than the orkanaught. Which is worse all around but costs the same as a Knight.

Reminder

Attached: 56792588-EBE0-4EFC-B07A-55C6A8AC2FF9.jpg (1024x639, 125K)

Nope

cringe

BIG

Neglect.

Honestly surprised they have ion shields. Didn't imagine peasant scum merited that level of protection.

CELESTINE

Guys. I'm a mediocre painter. How do I paint the tantalus without airbrush? My army scheme is black and red but I really don't know how to tackle this. I'd like to make a pretty red fading to black but I know I'm gonna fuck it up.

I asked a painter and he told me he'd do it for 600 bucks. So its clearly no.

Source?

small

For the user curious about the shied made of drone disk. I know the loadout ain't optimal, but this model is a few editions old. It was a different time. 1/2

Attached: 20180312_155115.jpg (4128x3096, 2.71M)

200th for why does GW hate deldar so badly

4th sphere tau will be orks.

Really though, how long until gw releases some melee focussed chaos tau troops you can ally. Something that works great as quick chaff or something to fill in your armies lack of melee.

Attached: Chaos-Tau.jpg (1000x578, 152K)

TITS

So since the mechanicum and necrons are the big stars, what are some cool ideas you have for conversions and your dudes to share?

2/2

Attached: 20180312_155129.jpg (4128x3096, 2.63M)

This is quite possibly the worst photo of a miniature that I have ever seen.

Sub-assembly and patience. Thin those paints, watch some guides and get to work.

>tantalus
try washpainting. washes are like liquid skill. check some tutortials out on youtube.

We call those Kroot

>red fading to black
theres a few duncan vids where he fades from one color to another
iirc its something along the lines of:
>paint red
>paint thinned coat of black shade
>paint another thinned coat of black shade not as far into the red as trhe previous one
>repeat many times until you reached a full black

Attached: 1120634-penguin_chick.jpg (404x500, 23K)

Yeah, my phone is worthless. It randomly tilts pictures like that.

not babby friendly

THICC

Just git gud at blending, I guess? You could just edge highlight red on black if you want.

looks good, thanks anone!

Post favorite book/movie, people guess your army

>pic related

Attached: AllQuietOnTheWesternFront.jpg (250x400, 48K)

By thinning you mean just dilute the paint. I tried that on other model and it becomes too watery. Sometime there's big droplet splashing on the model.

Too easy.

Attached: 1513858056616.png (1920x1080, 962K)

attleforged +3 CP

Seutekh Battalion - 728 +4 CP
Imotekh 200 - WL
Cryptek w/ Scarb - 85
6x Immortals Tesla - 85
5x Immortals Tesla - 85
5x Immortals Tesla - 85
Triarch Stalker - 171

Novakh Vanguard - 1,272 +1 CP

Cryptek w/Cronometron - 95
Anrakyr 167
20x Flayer - 340
10x Lychguard - 340
6x Wraiths - 330

--- 2000 - 8 CP ---
>At this point I want to eat things in melee.
>I'm going to pretend tanks don't exsist.
>All relics optional.

Well? Can they?

Attached: I mean, I'd give it a shot.jpg (480x360, 31K)

What is with people spamming ebay with models dipped in housepaint and expecting them to sell for 5 bucks off the new in-box price.

It's obvious...Sisters of Battle!

I N M Y F A C E
M
Y

F
A
C
E

EXTRA THICK

I did that on my Reaper. The result is okay but I don't want okay for this marvelous killing machine.

>anti war
>decries the use of propaganda
>ends in tragedy
You're an eldar faggot.

We can certainly try

>G-GW's not r-r-replacing us!
>they said so themselves!
Why do you buy into their sweet lies?

I feel like someone has to post this....

Attached: 300px-1255136711848.jpg (300x353, 43K)

Just add a small drop of water. There's even a duncan video on it. As another user pointed out, also use lots of washes. Painting is 80% research and knowing what do and the rest just practice.

They won't discontinue them for a very very long time, but I'm imagining basic marines will soon be on legacy rules

Attached: sciofdi.jpg (600x974, 187K)

>chaos tau
wut? The Tau have almost no psychic abilities, their minds barely even register in the warp and they aren't very susceptible to Chaotic influence.

Don't reply to bait, dumbass.

DREADS

hes right though you retard, marinlets are outdated

>GW currently only sells 5 different models of chaos cultist
>doesn't even sell a cultist champion anymore
Why?

Is there a quick reference sheet for 8th Edition like how there was always one in the OP for 7th Edition? It was maybe 6 pages or so the old one.

Attached: i say.jpg (589x375, 49K)

Include lots of lube to make getting bent over and tabled less painful.

Legacy is still a few years out but I would be super surprised if they get any new releases in the mean time. It'll be primaris from here on out as far as releases are concerned.

I find it easier to just thincoat the red up from black until you get your desired intensity.

isnt there a battleprimer for free on their shop or smth? that should include all the rules

ad mech

they'll probably be sold in boxes of 2 though

Tbh I'm okay with it, primaris just look better. Don't care if they end up as having the same stats, it's the models that count here.

Don't minor chaos gods pop up all the time? Maybe a shit one got desperate and started targeting Tau to not piss off the big guys.

Don't think so, not that there's much need for one anymore.

oh i was just referring to the video, i never painted a gradient on a mini, tau don't really need that stuff imo

Attached: 1512860041263.jpg (1080x1080, 774K)

boxnaughts>>>>>redemptors

Attached: mouf.jpg (220x284, 19K)

Attached: 10090393a8.jpg (875x999, 837K)

More incentive to guerilla fight
Make auxiliaries their own codex and fix them in there.

Would also be cool if there was like a litteral formation of units or tactics that required certain units to be in specific locations for abilities to work.
>breacher teams behind a tank gain cover, and can over watch on 5s anything that charges the tank
>you can't charge troops if your within a set amount of inches of a suit
>draw a line from a rail unit to their target, every marker light model within a few inches of that line, but not on the line, always hit their marker light on a 2+ but must target the same target, shoot the market lights first
>if Kroot stand still between a squad of fire warriors and their target, the fire warriors within an inch of the Kroot can use their shoulders as a rifle mount and improve their b.s. by 1

Stuff like that but more creative.
Maybe make them strategems.

Also, Favorite Movie: Master and Commander
Honorable Mention: Waterloo

Attached: die welt von gestern.jpg (317x499, 43K)

contemptors>>>>>>>>>>>boxnaughts

GW is lazy, and their other cultist sculpts shared a sprue with Dark Angels in the Dark Vengeance box so they can't just repackage them.

>the army that got the biggest buffs this edition
>an index army that can take out codex armies with ease
>their codex comes out in a couple of weeks

Must be a bummer, huh

Attached: 1384027406222.jpg (737x464, 139K)

Irredeemable taste

an orkanaught is 400+ points?

Deldar!

like gw knows they exist

Redemptors don’t even have the primaris keyword and are just a new chassis of dread, not a replacement like Primaris

No and they never will. They are a zombie faction.

Grey Knights

Because they don't have power armor.

An orkanaught is like twice the points of an armiger

Yeah, tau are pretty much block colours. Gradients are good for things like eldar or nids. Maybe if you have a particularly fancy marine chapter though.

What universe do you live in?

What. They didn't get buffed, they just got raped slightly less than most other index armies, but they were already shit, so it was pretty equal. And how the fuck are you being beat by dark eldar when you're playing a codex? Are they only using kabs, ravagers and voidravens against your caac army?

What, they don't have enough shit already? They've already got the Primaris marines beat on actual usability since they're not just overpriced Aspect Warrior Marines.

Don't they have primaris marines inside them?

Close, if I were to choose my SC box again would probably be the skits

Attached: Star.Wars.Episode.V.The.Empire.Strikes.Back.1980.mkv_20170809_192205.864.png (1920x816, 2.12M)

They're a staple in nearly every chaos army, you'd think they'd at least have a decent 10 man box with a few weapons options.

Correct. Specifically covens

oh yeah, nids carcasses look amazing with gradients

Attached: 1512923025339.png (694x739, 567K)

>Master and Commander

patrician tastes

Some do, but the sarcophagus of a redemptor is exactly the same as a normal boxnaught. You can put a normal marine in a redemptor or a Primaris in Leviathan

In a universe where I lost 1 game out of 15 since the introduction of 8th edition with my deldar

You just need to git gud

sisters?
ad mech seems the obvious choice
IG, possibly ad mech or tau