Warhammer 40,000 General - /40kg/

Adarki Aeldari edition

>Necron Leaks:
3plusplus.net/2018/03/necron-codex-leak/

>New Imperial Knights:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/12/unit-focus-armiger-warglaivesgw-homepage-post-4/

>Fire Warrior Review:
youtube.com/watch?v=yDh_aoyZT38

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous Thread:

Attached: op.jpg (720x528, 149K)

No gays allowed

First for OP

grats on the op image, user

4th for 160 point armigers

tell me about your dudes, anons

Attached: kriegger mug.jpg (1181x1181, 300K)

Xth for more resin sisters!

Attached: 28701349_775709972620529_7269020105206638746_o.jpg?oh=633c3a2f538af8e5dd2003629f8c74b2&oe=5B30FA (1920x1080, 235K)

they're better than your dudes

they lost their ethereal last battle
so now they are not just tacticool dudes sabotaging from behind enemy lines, but planless tacticool dudes lost behind enemy lines

>I like the name Drukhari. Would've preferred Druchii or something closer to it,
though.

I wish people wouldn’t refer to minimum-movement mecha parking-lots as “Tau gun line” armies. Actual highly mechanized tau gunline armies are one of the more interesting armies on the tabletop tactically speaking

They like dancing, jokes and injecting coils of monomolecular wire into people.

Attached: 150065382457.jpg (1700x1521, 420K)

Should I give my Black Templars captain a Power sword or Power Axe?

My local meta is mostly Spess Muhreens

Attached: bt.jpg (350x531, 46K)

They are never getting a plastic update.
Their codex, if they get a Codex will be worst than the Index.

T3 4+ dies to 3 bolter hits. Wracks die to 3,5.

Not actually him, just felt bad for him.

A few days back an user bought 3d printed Dark Lances.
Said they were a bit small, but otherwise looked promising.

Any update? How hard was it to remove the 3d printing lines? Worth picking them up?

Gorgush Da Kannibul da biggest dere iz!!!

There is so much over designed shit on there, I could have guessed it was actually geedubs

>which option is better
Axe
>which option should you take
Sword

>I can get 3 spess marheens for $10 on GW's site
Pretty good. Can be used for painting practice.
Space Romanians who have often have their captains and chaplains blend to one office. Pic related is their 1st Captain Chaplin, Patriarch Corbeanu.

Attached: IMG_0481.png (201x281, 35K)

Necrons are pretty cool.
Looking forward to trying out the leaked stuff tomorrow. =)

Attached: 1520891713954.png (375x368, 152K)

Eladrith Ynneas.

Orks when?

Why do people keep posting about Guilliman gunlines being cheese or super good or even OP in these threads?
These days it's pretty easy to beat for most codex armies and I personally haven't lost or had a hard time with UM gunlines for months.

pic only tangentially related

Attached: 1512935719052.jpg (888x693, 630K)

wat

>>I like the name Drukhari.

Attached: 1520685049324.jpg (800x551, 186K)

depends
do you like vikings or knights more?

viking knights

Is it ok to ask questions about necromancy here?

space bunny auxilliary tau in brodie helmets with a jaded ethereal who kinda likes actually inspiring people with words and his little blue book of Tau'va Thought rather than pheremones, although it keeps him stuck on a backwater world on the fringes of the 3rd expansion sphere. They run infantry and 2nd hand battlesuits cobbled together from parts and wear gasmasks because the kroot smell so bad their superhuman olfactory senses trigger minor seizures.

...well you asked

Their Archon was part of a noble house who'd became a Hellion, only to return during the chaos following Vect's rise. He murdered those of his family who didn't fall in with the whole "kabal" idea. He then made a deal with a Harlequin Masque for mutual assistance and other undisclosed benefits. He now plots and schemes to replace Vect and reinstate the old order of noble houses. The Harlequins probably got the better end of the deal.

>captain chaplin

CHAPTAINS

I won't be removing the 3d printing lines because they are EXTREMELY small(the desklamp really didn't do them a favor) having been printed in the highest quality available to the selection. I did have to file down the equivalent of what would be mold gates on the barrels, but that was 30 seconds each. I say they'd be worth it if you're willing to put in the work on em. Much better than trying to scoure ebay for one only to find out it's .99 with 7.49 shipping because bits sellers are ass-cancer incarnate. You might also want to try the recaster Z, I was thinking of ordering some Dark Lances from him and some blasters as a test order. His plastics are usually good casts.

then take axeswords
or swordaxes

Attached: wtfisthatthing.jpg (259x194, 3K)

I dunno, I like how WGE sisters look. Then again I like the overcomplicated look for the most part (though it looks to be a bitch to paint).

Haemonculus coven that views collecting and genetic modification as the highest form of art. Their projects include lobotomising marines, homegrowing orks, creating tyranids that respond to them like they would the hive mind, replacing custodes brains with those of highly successful wracks, and torturing imperial guard into complete submission.

This is how I justify owning so many small armies.

I got lazy, and decided to put off the finishing touches for a bit.

Attached: kRoots.jpg (720x528, 150K)

My dudes enjoy appearing out of nowhere by the means of tearing holes in reality between two places and massacring everything in sight to quench their bloodlust and sate their patron dieties.
I like keeping it simple.

Attached: 1520006380549.jpg (1280x909, 769K)

Necromunda *

Both?

I have the BT upgrade sprue, so I have bits for both with Templar flair.

The axe looks cooler. Sword is the stereotypical pointing pose.

Post the coolest battle reports you've got, user!

Attached: 1453669379645.jpg (640x464, 94K)

>monomolecular wire

It would just coil up and do nothing. There's no way it could be strong enough to hold together and sheer through organs.

How cool would it be if they were officially called true kin?

My Archon.

Lovely. Where is this from, now?

>gw stuff doesn't make sense
more breaking news at 11

That'd be amazing.

Attached: 1507168157255.jpg (480x515, 47K)

Come to think of it, where the fuck does that stuff come from anyway? I thought Eldar made everything out of wraithbone.

Kek. Thanks for the laugh.

>horribly unbalanced sword

Use either or, not both.

Do you reckon the lines would mostly disappear when painted, then?

And yeah, I've had no luck on ebay (Especially as it's a pretty sought after part). I probably can't be bothered scouring yoyhammer for the Z contacts, either. Although I guess I'd get the other arm holding the gun up with him, which the 3d printed didn't seem to include.

AdMech TechPriest Dominus that is desperately searching for the STC for innovation and creating new technology. As per usual from Graia he is super stubborn and somehow has it logic'd out so that such a thing must exist and it will bring the new golden age. Usually has a loyal knight with him to tear shit up.

Sometimes works alongside Sisters of Battle when hunting for tech/resources in heretical lands, and has worked with a "Relic Hunter" group from Salamanders who were investigating an area that may have one of the old Vulkan relics.

I don't actually know Sisters/Salamander lore as well as I should, this is just based on some army lists I have.

Space Marines that fell from grace. Heroes and champions who once constructed great and beautiful works, but now are filled with a maniac compulsion to tear down all that makes their enemies protected and secure.

These guys in a stormlord is the best way to play Scions

Attached: sciontemplate.png (2400x3000, 660K)

>There's no way the magical space tech could work

Yeah, they've got anti-gravity, psychic powers and travel the galaxy in magical space tunnels, I think a material with unreasonable tensile strength is the least of things that should stretch credulity.

Attached: 1519866178232.jpg (985x1920, 249K)

Definitely. They'll probably disappear with the first coat of primer. As for the secondary arm, use spare splinter rifle kits and a bit of knifework to get the 3d dark lances in. DE are in a persistent arms race, so even a squad's weapons could vary wildly. My original Haywire Scourges have the Haywire tips on a Shardcarbine, splinter cannon, and a heat lance.

What list you trying? Make sure to report back!

you mean as an idea in fluff right, because in gaming all the tanks and transports tau have are really bad.

Maybe he means tidewall?

Nah see they can have impossibly complex technology, but the issue here is that they've tried to explain how the HK works (similar to their dumbass explanation of the melta gun).

They should have said it was some adjective polymer that's adjective sharp.

Battleforged +3 CP

Seutekh Battalion - 728 +4 CP
Imotekh 200 - WL
Cryptek w/ Scarb - 85
6x Immortals Tesla - 92
5x Immortals Tesla - 85
5x Immortals Tesla - 85
Triarch Stalker - 171

Novakh Vanguard - 1,272 +1 CP

Cryptek w/Cronometron - 95
Anrakyr 167
20x Flayer - 340
10x Lychguard - 340
6x Wraiths - 330

--- 2000 - 8 CP ---

It's not a great list by a long shot.
But I never played Necrons because they're top-tier versatile tear collectors.

I'm facing orks and Tyranids.

Ok I think I'm a little in love and I really wanna see your minis.

Axes are almost always better, but cost 1 point more. Depends on the list really.

Do you Anons think this will be as awesome and worth the money, as it looks? I have a boner for both armies, so I am really tempted to buy it and return to 40k.

Attached: 40kForgebane-Mar5-ForgebaneBox1eg.jpg (920x950, 147K)

Wrong, mortar teams in a Stormlord are way superior.

Coolest? No. Most Recent? Yep.

So I played a Necron Player at the FLGS and I recommended he pick a Code from the leak. He picked Mephrit. The Game was "Cloak and Shadows" at 1000 points.

He brought 10 warriors, 12 Immortals with Guass Plasters, 12 Immortals with Tesla Carbines, a transport for the Warriors, some Lychguard, an Overlord, and a Cryptek.

I brought 2 'platoons' of a Company Commander and three HB infantry squads apiece, 2 LRBTCs with lascannons, Plasmavets, Shotgun/Flamervets, and a Platoon Commander with the outflank knife. My Warlord Trait (which never changes) is "Old Grudges".

Believe it or not I face imperial knights and other large assets in 1000 points games pretty regularly. Here, it was unnecessary but I didn't want to tailor.

Attached: image1 (3).jpg (2016x1512, 992K)

If it's $160, it's a really good deal with staple units to both armies(excluding Knightlets, we don't know how they perform yet).

considering its price its pretty fucking awesome and those necrons are nice start to an army

does it even come with rules as a boxed game or is it literally just the models?

Wait till codex is actually out because we only have leaks from beta version. Otherwise looks good.

Well, Wraiths did just get a pretty hefty buff. We still need to see the point costs on the Armiger before we know for sure.

There's a basic rules fold-out from the looks of it.

Never get started with a big purchase. Also, this is more of a "expand-your-collection" box than a "kickstart-your-collection" box.

I mean is it a game in itself or is it just a ton of models?

Ok, cool. Thanks for answering my questions.
And yeah, I've still got a couple spare arms from my kabalites, and there's the ones from the other weapons in the scourge box to use anyway.

I wouldn't buy it honestly. Only maybe if you have the army already and can split it with a friend. Really not feeling the knightlet hype either. The stats are unimpressive to say the least.

>Why do people keep posting about [extremely out of date] cheese in these threads?
This is the site that complained about "leafblower" lists years after those were dead and buried. The bulk of the people here don't even play.

It comes with a campaign book featuring themed missions using the models

He won first turn, advanced, and killed some guardsmen. But no kills because if his conservative deployment. Because Necrons are slow and I didn't feel like dealing with melee today, My Commander harbored a grudge against the Ghost Arch. And he was sitting next to two LRBTCs that hit on 3s, reroll 1s, and were Catachan. Did I mention I have to fight Imperial Knights with this list sometimes? Yea, Cloak and Shadows couldn't save that transport. It exploded, and the shrapnel killed 10 infantry across 3 units. Objectives were claimed, first blood scored, and the Overlord decided to run behind the Lychguard and prepare to redeploy.

Attached: image2 (1).jpg (2016x1512, 1.1M)

Thanks they're WIP from the SC box I got to get back into 40k, currently filing off the spikey third hooftoe on the firewarriors then going to try and greenstuff their feet a bit longer. Got the brodie helmets from Anvil Industries, adding tiny floppy ears behind the heads shouldn't be too hard. I hope. Better not get your hopes up too much, first time I'm trying to seriously convert things, but I'll post a photo when I've got the first guy assembled.

I think it's implied to be wraithbone. Certainly the shuriken weapons are, and they have monomolecular edges.

What. I'm not waiting to play with my friends just because numbers might be changed.

We're playing tomorrow no matter what.
I'm just bringing a different list and rules than usual, and nobody in my playgroup have any problems with it.

>If anyone have any advice in regards to the Relics and the cryptek characters I'm all ears.
>Cloak of Darkness to get lychguards into melee.
>What should the other dude bring?

Not necessarily cool, but definitly my coolest one mby because it was my only game up until now
lemme see if i can recal it:
>Battle was 2v1 between my 750pts tau (3 crisis, coldstar, 8 pathfinder, 8 fw, ethereal, drones) + 1250pts SoB (celestine, lots of rhines filled with firey dudettes and one with repentias, and some hq things)
>enemy had 2k deathguard (some psychers, 2 of these big monsterthings 1 with cannons 1 melee, and lots of termies)
>SoB deployed in a sraight line across the field, DG kept basicly everything he could in deepstrike, i put my pathfinders + ethereal behind a ruined tower, fw on top of it (to the objective), coldstar behind some big crates and crisis to the left on open field
>battle begins, Tau spot the enemy, begin firing some shots out of cover since nothing better to do, SoB mostly hang back as to not give DG opportunity to DS behind us, however repentia rhino charged up the right flank towards the big thingies, closely followed by coldstar
>DG simply turns and blasts the rhino into oblivion, deepstrikes some termies in front of the crisis suits, follows them with his psycker
>as a new enemy arrives, tau are not standing around, moving their crisis in fusion range to get a good shot at the termies, manage to take out one of them
> this left psycker open enough for coldstar to omae wa mou shindeiru him into oblivion
>forgetting that DG had more termies in Deepstrike, SoB advanced across the board to bring bruning flame onto the heretics or smth
>ethereal covers behind missing pathfinders and fw like the little bitch he is.
>DG is enraged by his dead psycker, points his big thing towards my coldstar and literally oneshots it with insane amounts of dmg
1/2

Anytime, user.

He likes to ride bikes and he doesn't appreciate being bullied.

Attached: Bike HQ.jpg (1328x747, 191K)

what is a leafblower list?

>I think it's implied to be wraithbone. Certainly the shuriken weapons are, and they have monomolecular edges.

See those make more sense. The edges of the blades are tapered down to monomolecular thickness, so they are as sharp as possible. However, if the edge is damaged, the rest of the shuriken is not explicitly super flimsy and so can still cut.

If I was an admech player, this would be in my first few purchases, because of the skitarii.

2/2
>lands his termies behind our back to anihilate my infantry and warlord next turn
>meanwhile SoB had flown her angel across to their warlord and locked him into glorious melee for 3 rounds straight or smth
>DG is not having any of that, and finally gets her off the table, only for her to stand back up again thanks to her divine immortality all imperial woman apparently have
>Repentias take revenge for their fallen Tau Comrade, and charge their big things, chopping them up with their chainswords or whatever they have.
>Tau panicly try to get away from the termies, but literally fucking up moving a straight line
>ThiskillstheTau.gif
>After near full destruction of the Tau, SoB realizes that we can't win this battle, turns around to at least demolish the termies
>While these two powerhouses fight it out in the last round, Ethereal sneakily tries to take the glory by charging into the Termies
>I have made a terrible mistake
>End of battle: SoB lost all Rhinos and a lot of Flamerettes, DG lost 1 big thing a psycker and mby 3 termies, Tau lost everything but a few drones and my FW
Doesn't matter, had a blast

I've seen it on a third party seller site for $130 already.

I already have a non-Admech or Necron army, and a half technically. I was just considering buying Forgebane and two Skitarii starter boxes.

My Archons are waiting for the codex so I can homebrew them some rules to face my friends marine chapter.

Not saying that it's a bad deal, I mean that people get overwhelmed by owning many/large models before they have a decent army shell, which the box does not provide.

Did he take 4 units of 6 Immortals? Because I think they're limited to 10 per unit.

False. Land raiders in a stormlord is the only way to play.

I think practically, without space magic, a monomolecular edge is likely to be blunted on the air between you and a target. The wire has so many problems, the magical space sharpness isn't even the biggest issue.

So what unit is those Necrons with the sword + shield? I already have an admech army so considering the box for the extra skitarii and the armigers. However, I've always been interested in necrons a bit, and I love bigass tower shield units in games.

>mfw one of the dynasties would allow these guys to teleport through walls and shit

Using one picture and no text in your post, describe your style of play

Attached: Your fight is with me, Senpai.png (607x507, 320K)

>a monomolecular edge is likely to be blunted on the air between you and a target

That's not a huge issue, because even if the edge was three molecules thick (even if those molecules are titin), it's still very very sharp.

Do you ever have opponents who do this shit?
Measure shit out right, then pick up the unit, and put it on the other side of the measure?

It feels like such a little thing, but it's annoying as shit, to me.

Attached: ruleoftheweek.png (408x580, 63K)

google it

The cliff notes is mechanized guard with hydras (that weren't penalized for shooting ground targets at the time) and medusas. I believe it used autocannon turrets on the chimeras to maximize S7+ output as well.

The Necrons moved onto the Crashed Aquilla for a nice 2+ cover save, and continued chipping away at my leading squads. I tried (and failed) to capitalize on the mortal wounds the Guass immortals took by outflanking the Plasma Vets. Long Story: They failed and got butchered. This also put the Immortals behind a building that I couldn't get a good shot through.

Meanwhile, the Lychguard and the Overlord redeployed in front of the Chimera wreck where a troops unit was holding an objective. They made the charge, losing one of their own to Vicious Traps. Catachans are so fun!

The squad was killed down to the Machine gunner. Good thing too because that objective would've given him 2 victory points! Objective Secured OP!

Pic Related was the end of my next movement phase. On the far end of the table the Immortals advance after killing the Veterans that had sat on the red stone thing. The primary attack down the road had stalled: Instead of moving to one of the buildings on the side my Opponent wanted to clear the buildings of infantry first. Finally, the Overlord and the Lychguard were exposed on the chimera chassis after the heavy weapons team left combat.

Attached: image3 (1).jpg (2016x1512, 1.1M)