Magic comes back during an Alien Invasion

How would you make this concept not a retarded clash of tone? I was thinking it might work if the super natural forces of Earth detect a alien Psionic energy field that doesn't mix well with Earth's natural manna field an wake up to kick them the fuck off the planet. Humans would be given the choice to fight along side these newly awakened spirits, risk getting caught in the ensuing meat grinder war or gamble the HFY option.

Attached: 1474256933886.jpg (1567x2300, 687K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nofna.com/index.php?chapter=SS1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Simple. Take every King Under The Mountain legend. Make it literal.

All the magic didnt go away. It went to sleep to await the battle for the fate of the world, a little at a time.

The apocalypse war is back. Its okay, the gates of Avalon are swung wide and the heroes are back to do what they do best:

Save the world.

i would say either this or something along the lines of (sorry, this is the only reference i can think of right now because i am kinda drunk) Chronicle. like how the kids find the mcguffin underground. maybe the aliens can detect it and start burrowing for it and the 'energy' is released in to the air/atmosphere and , in a way like superman coming here on earth, it affects humanity's biology by giving us magical abilities. i would assume something similar to x-men where it could be random or maybe just everyone gets a bit of magic powers and the more they use it the more powerful they become.

This sounds a bit like magic in Warcraft. It's people throwing it around that makes the Burning Legion take notice of the place.

I'd go for the ayy's arrival allowing a massive flow of energy from the magic rich ayylien space to the near-dead magical field/ley lines/whatever of each. Like the destruction of a damn, what was once a trickle becomes a flood as pseudoscientific hogwash starts getting results, old spirits rise from hibernation, ancient artifacts finally have enough juice to start working, and the like.

The magic was always there, just severely reduced.

The earth is selfaware and magic is it's self defense system

Attached: 1486528550271.jpg (701x870, 197K)

There is one answer, and one answer only. Lock and load and get ready to blast xeno scum.

would royal regalia have magic abilities

>it's
learn how possessive contractions work

I'd say only if it has some legend behind it.
For instance, Durendal shows up, and can actually cut through boulders, also tanks.

I imagine the hope diamond would be legitimately cursed due to belief

It starts out as some sort of new energy field that scientists discover occurring near alien shit, and they build an oddly simple device that allows the user to harness this power. Over time, they realize they don't need the device anymore and the more they use it, the stronger the energy field around Earth gets as they draw more and more mana to this desolate arm of the galaxy.

True, albiet now that I think about it, if the royal artifacts of various cultures start gaining ludicrious power, surely bloodlines and so for might come back. We could have an entire army built around just those with a fraction of power from the Khan, you know the one.

So Destiny?

Sounds good, I imagine one could summon those famous like FSN or something with abilities based on their feats in life, those with more 'concrete' feats are more powerful, so actors would be piss weak unless they are super famous with 100+ roles while say alan turing would be a savant with machines.

This is how I'd do it.

Earth has always had magic, but Humanity was only ever circumstantially aware of it.
Aliens are invading because Magic is the only way to do FTL travel because Magic is both the only method and fuel source to break reality as to allow such a thing and, naturally, the Aliens are there to prospect and siphon some of that Magic while they're in the neighborhood.

Maybe have it that this is a double edged sword. Earth hasn't been using magic for hundreds of thousands of years (name drop Atlantis or some other fanciful civilization) as people have been largely unaware or ignorant of it save for a few exceptions practicing it through very primitive, superficial means.. So Earth is practically fit to burst with how full the wells and leylines are of just so much MAGIC.

And then just to push the narrative perhaps more naturally don't even have immediate conflict. The Aliens arrive and this is quite possibly the best but also most awkward situation they could possibly face because they've encountered a civilization that is so simultaneously technologically advanced, but completely ignorant of magic. So, naturally, they try to treat things as deceptively peaceful as possible, basically "beads for land" kind of indigenous deal: trading advanced technology, robot-bimbos, genetic engineering, space craft, just give us some basic drilling/land/mineral rights you aren't using anyway for our weird tech.

After all that's done, THEN you start developing a point of conflict where paranormal forces always align with their home planets beings and or just go full magical holocaust with things developing into an unmanageable mess because Dragons are no longer extinct, Ghosts have power again, God is pissed, people are changing back into Changelings, Trolls, Ogres, and Dwarves because they were never Human to begin with, and the Moon's Oriental sacred Kingdom has resurrected itself and is now waging a beautiful war with the aliens.

Attached: 11451238_p0.jpg (890x1300, 424K)

This is getting less magic, more like.
>because of the alien invasion, God flipped the switch on human soles influencing reality, just to not full power.
Think Meme Magic, but 100% more powerful.
Hype Trains have physical effects.
Magic becomes real because of how much media is around about magic. Any bloodline connected to some legendary figure starts getting more like their ancestor (Shame Christopher Lee is dead, we would have had a Wizard Sith lord ruling over Germany and France because he was a direct descendant of Charlemagne.)
America's hype on it's army makes the US Army troops just fight harder on less, with SEALS and Delta being god of physical war.
Etc.Etc tailor to nations.

Different from just magic, but still cool.

I imagine certain cultures would have a advantage over others due to things like animism compared to the variety of phenomena one could enact via say monotheism.

Maybe the aliens are using an isotope that reacts fucking weird with human biology, mutating some, killing others, ineffective vs most?

Think of a less awful warpstone

Which backfires. Again.

Attached: SC.jpg (3000x1688, 1007K)

Could go full fun-but-edgy and have the human soul and spirit be a real thing that other races don't have, like risidual being energy is put back into the earth, and with bein fed by trillions of lives and experience got a sort of conciousness of its own. And we now acknowledge that. And use it
GHOST MAGIC YO

What we think of as "other planets" are other realms of which Earth was once connected to but has since been separated by a vast void-like netherworld. Alien beings from these worlds have been able to break through the magic of the void and reconciliate Earth with the rest of the multiverse.

Attached: imajicapb-min.jpg (2200x3300, 901K)

The aliens play it straight and have always used magic in such a way as to appear to us as hyper-advanced technology. When they appear it naturally forces us to re-discover magic as it becomes a sort of natural defense that's always been there but never had a reason to activate until now.

something kinda like this: nofna.com/index.php?chapter=SS1

>This is Major Tom to Ground Control. Come in Ground Control.
>I have aligned myself parallel with the alien's ship.
>No response.
>Beginning acceleration.
>Still no response. Holding course. Minimal correction. Delta-V is at about 10,000.
>Beginning transition to light speed. Dragnets have been spread and paralysed.
>If you don't hear back from me in an hour I will have likely lost control and traveled beyond reasonable rescue range. Do not attempt to find me, the men and magic are better spent on fighting these alien bastards.
>Ground Control. Tell everyone I loved them.
>Hear I go.

There really needs to be more Solar Magic in this world.

Saved this from an HFY thread an age or two ago

Attached: Wizards.jpg (1884x1255, 694K)