Flames of War General /fowg/ Bible Fight

Flames of War SCANS database:
mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current Veeky Forums fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
panzerfunk.podbean.com/

vimeo.com/128373915 ...a nice little sobering feels watch....

flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
strawpoll.me/4631475

what actual country are you from?
strawpoll.me/4896764

DISCORD
discord.gg/drZbxvm

docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing an "i want to get a starter set" for late war.

Do you play TANKS? what is the local scene / meta like? (multi)
strawpoll.me/12127794/r

Attached: Banneru.jpg (2244x2008, 896K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/3bly33e556f1fpi/Osprey - MAA 516 - World War II Vichy French Security Troops.pdf
flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=53&art_id=6014
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: IMG_1927.jpg (601x784, 91K)

>we40know

So, a long time ago I had started making a "Little Heroes" thing, so that people could make their own warrior teams to represent people that were exceptional, but not to the level that BF hands out book space for. You'd only be able to get one of these heroes for every 1000pts.

The bits I had, with some provisional points, were:
-1 to target number on Platoon Morale. (10)
-1 to target number on unpin. (5)
-1 to target number on counterattack. (5)
-1 to target number on bail in checks. (5)
-1 to target number on tank terror. (5)

-1 to target number on unbog. (5)
-1 to target number to hit in assault. (5)
-1 to target number for platoon to dig in (10)

Team has Eyes and Ears. (5)
Team has Cautious Movement. (5)
Team can spot for artillery fire at a +1 penalty. If they can already spot at a penalty, ignore the penalty. (10)

Are there any other small bonuses that people can think of that would be appropriate for the various smaller medal winners?

as a resource...

BTW: anyone want alternate colors? i may have time....

Attached: V4CardSheet.pdf (PDF, 577K)

OK, i have a thing:
LIST YOUR ARMIES!!!!
if you just have a collection you paddle into a list when the time comes, fine, but do you have any set armies you have collected for X force specifically?
i'd love to know.

Attached: PerfectWoman.jpg (2272x1704, 2.41M)

i just have a ton of late war USA. M4, M5, M10, M7, and infantry

So I haven't checked out FoW since '14-'15, I know there was a new edition and an ensuing shitstorm.

What is the current state of the ww2 FoW community? Has everyone migrated to 4th or are there lots of 3rd ed purists?

>Has everyone migrated to 4th or are there lots of 3rd ed purists?
Split base, really. Some switched, some didn't, some are making their own v3.5. BF stuck their hand pretty deep in the cookie jar, and changed some things that didn't need changing.

So far just my MW Italians. Although they can fairly comfortably roll into EW. I have a lot of infantry, only a few tanks, but that'll be changing soon.

BMP

Attached: Tickles my autism.jpg (748x476, 50K)

American t-34/85

Attached: Dunr.jpg (420x444, 12K)

With chrome hub caps no less!

Well I have my FT FJ list from birdge by bridge that is certainly designed to rep that unit specifically. Hoping to import it to MW at some point.

I have a Mediterranean british army from v1 (the rifle company with pants and t shirts) that I'm excited to refit with armoured fist.

I have a large italian collection I've used in EW, MW, and LW for more formal events. Maybe about 16-20 Light armor/tankettes plus 15 actual tanks, and even more infantry and guns as I've always focused on infantry companies. I'm adding a belsalglieri company with the new stuff.

There's also a japanese list and an american list I've fielded but never too seriously, and I have a lot of extra german tanks and infantry that have been fielded as various formations in a pinch.

Commies ew/mw/lw
Leafs lw
West krauts ty

Attached: IMG_0445.jpg (604x453, 58K)

Yank anything LW
German Panzergrenadier Lehr LW
Aussie Rifle Company EW
DAK Panzerkompanie EW

And that's just what I have completely painted.

>Has everyone migrated to 4th or are there lots of 3rd ed purists?

It’s a mix. Some people, like myself, like 4th Edition. It’s easier to learn, easier to teach, and plays faster.

But there is also a strong contingent of 3rd Edition loyalists. They feel that 4th changed far too much, that it’s too simplified, and that the roll-out was handled poorly.

So it’s a bit of a mixed bag.

It’s a bit of a split base. Split between V3, V4, and TY.

I’m a fan of V4 and TY myself.

It’s like someone just googled “tank”, found a T-34, and used that as a reference for this picture with no further research.

And then added chrome rims because they thought it would be cool.

Late War US Paratroopers (duh)
Late War German Panzers

Team Yankee Americans
Team Yankee Soviets
Team Yankee West Germans

>intended to be a patriotic display
>gets every single detail wrong

$10 bet says it's in a high school in either New York or California...

MW Italians
LW Germans
LW Brits
TY Brits

Two armies, a few companies in each:

>Brits
Cromwell Company (B Squadron, 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars)
Comet Company (A Squadron, 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars)
Churchill Company (4th Grenadier Guards)
Sherman Company (Unidentified Canadian)
Airborne Armoured Recce Company (6th AAR)
Airlanding Company (12th Devonshire)
Rifle Company (Unidentified)

>Germans
King Tiger Company (510. Schwere Panzer)
Jagdpanther Company (Rhur pocket remnants of several units)

an inside job, one of the guys that did that must be commie spy.

For FoW:
I have a ton of LW and a few MW German stuff, but most of them are modeled as generic divisions. I have some plans for specific units though like the Kampfgrupe Bake.

And variety of little units from other nations for other games and test few things,

For TY:
Everything i bought i use them in other games since i don't want CHEERS.

Planning to make a West German units for Blue vs Blue scenarios.

Flames of War:
Early War German Infantry
Early War Soviet Strelkovy (250 models...)

Late War Canadian Armour
Late War Canadian Infantry
Late War German SS Armour

Team Yankee:
East German Armour
West German Mechanized Infantry

EW/LW giant jap army
MW Italy
LW Brit tank company

PASTA TIME

Attached: CC_ITA.pdf (PDF, 5.4M)

also my armies, least planned/have some of:
Nisei
4th Canadian Armored
MW Ger/USA in 6mm for small scale skirmishes against local people

You're the best, you know that?

why am i always late to these parties?

presently owned: i've sold a lot....

EW British Cruiser Regiment, desert
PW Japanese Sensha Rentai, Chi-Ha heavy
MW V4 DAK Panzers
LW PumaHordes
LW IS-85 Company (can be IS-2's see my old pic)
LW Hero Tankovy (played once, won once!)
LW German Collection (Desperate Measures/PTTM, not a set list)
AIW Israeli West Bank Tankim (complete!)
TY West German Leopard 1's / Fuchs Recon

and,
Growing GuP collection for FoW...

i have the skeleton of a FV Soviet Sapper company,
and random shit for random things...like Pz 1E's

Attached: DSCN5011.jpg (1000x530, 266K)

I need to face these Japanese of yours sometime.

We'll battle it out to determine who truely has the inferior tank.

Well his tanks are super cheap, fearless and can still fire MG's and fight in assaults while bailed. So I think you win this one.

Another victory for Italy!

On the other hand you are better armored. Lol.

But that's cancelled out entirely by my shit tactical skills haha.

yes,
god knows the Japanese Invasion of Hungary is a part of WII history too many people have forgotten!!!!

*trollface*

good thing this edition wants to spam....

oh wait....

Attached: 1451605017346.png (1000x789, 1.01M)

Well I play Italy, so not sure where Hungary comes into this.

Also I don't even spam any one thing. That shit's boring to me.

Don't give shit heads like him (You)s. There is only one spam list in MW anyway.

Indians/Aussies vs Vichy French in Syria for EW.
Swap out the supports for Indians in MW.
Everything from the Axis side in Market Garden for LW.

Attached: battle-tanks-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1200, 1.13M)

I picked up a copy of Flames of war at a used book shop foe a few bucks. Its small and 116 pages long, copyright 2017. Is this the full core rules? I assume its the most current version if it is right?

There are different books (for MW and EW/LW) so specify what is on a book's cover

This

Attached: image%3A24150.jpg (2894x3850, 1.85M)

That's the current mid war book, you don't need other auxillary books to play, except for the Codexes, Fighting First, Afrika Korps, Armoured Fist, Avanti.

Attached: Anime DAK.jpg (1200x891, 194K)

Regret buying West Germans for Team Yankee
Would regret getting rid of them

Attached: I CARRIED AN M-16.jpg (718x651, 25K)

What is the regret of buying them?
Not to your playstyle? Don't like the models?

Daddy was in British Army in the 1980s
but just love all the models

Will we see a Falklands supplement for Team Yankee

Attached: 20638397_129518397591776_9185426353770538176_n.jpg (890x597, 70K)

I just now noticed the numbers are wrong on that tank and I won't be able to unsee it. 1st company 8th platoon 4th tank lol.

How’s the fow scene in norther europe?

I was happy to get rid of mine. Wanted to get out of TY after the last Firestorm event of facing endless East German spam. Sold them to an user who will hopefully more enjoyment out of them than what I was getting.

What country or city are you asking about?

South finland

Attached: 1461042875510.jpg (2830x1820, 961K)

Your best bet might be to post in their official Facebook page.

That gets a lot more views than we do here.

We have a few players here from Europe, but I don’t recall anyone else mentioning Finland.

My FLGS has a Soviet Strelkovy Company, a British Parachute Company, and a Sherman Platoon for sale. I'm a 40k Ork player, and am interested in starting a second army with some other system. What do you guys think would be a better box set/country for a noob to get started with?

>first lesson at military school was the english translation for surrender

Eh that is false! they never teach anything to those poor bastards.

>Will we see a Falklands supplement for Team Yankee
Now that i think about it, i really want it so i can destroy the army of my own shitty country with BMP spam and see the tears of own father and ancestors.

Though a TAM miniature would be fucking good.

Are the Shermans American or British?

US Shermans are a decent start.

Everything is British or Soviet.

Soviets have a bit of a steeper learning curve.

So British might be the smarter choice.

I have lw panzergrenadiers with lots of panzer IVs and halftracks.

Just picking up mw americans. Lots of PSC inf cause I'd rather their webbing be German rather than use that bendy plastic stuff. Still using bf tanks, their plastic vehicles have really improved and the cards are nice to have.

And finally ew french from burning empires. I just couldn't resist foreign Legion sappers and H35's.

Got one for each period now.

so found the answer to the question I had early last thread, and the later (US and Italy) cards say limited on formations. so can't spam as much for Armored Cars as thought.

>Just picking up mw americans. Lots of PSC inf cause I'd rather their webbing be German rather than use that bendy plastic stuff.
They actually get hard plastic inf, IIRC, mainly because it's the same sprue as their existing hard plastic LW sprue.

Between those two, Brits are easier to learn. The sherman box will give you some decent tanks to support the paratroopers, and you can make something like this from it:

Parachute Company, Overlord
HQ - CinC SMG, 2iC SMG, 3 PIAT (120 pts)

Parachute Platoon - PIAT, 7x Rifle/MG (230 pts)

Independent Armoured Platoon - 2x Sherman, Firefly (275 pts)

Comes in at 1085 points, not using two of the shermans or the light mortar teams, and is pretty decent. Meanwhile that single soviet strelk company is maybe 500pts at the high end. Average games are around 1500pts.

Too late now. Plus I like the less heroic PSC sculpts better.

World War II Vichy French Security Troops (Osprey Men-at-Arms 516)

After the Fall of France in 1940, a new puppet state was set up in the south. Officially known as the French State, it is better known as Vichy France. This collaborationist Vichy regime's armed forces were more active and usually more numerous than German troops in the task of hunting down and crushing the maquis - the French Resistance guerrilla forces. This book will cover the organization and operations of Vichy French Security Forces, including: the new Vichy Police Nationale, particularly their Groupes Mobiles de Reserve, the Service d'Ordre Légionnaire , and the Milice Francaise, a ruthless anti-Resistance militia armed partly with British weapons captured from SOE airdrops. Fully illustrated throughout with contemporary photographs and commissioned artwork, it tells the story of Occupied France from the perspective of those who sought to keep it in German hands.

mediafire.com/file/3bly33e556f1fpi/Osprey - MAA 516 - World War II Vichy French Security Troops.pdf

Attached: maa516.jpg (1407x930, 396K)

flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=53&art_id=6014

So instead of old one Eastern Front book BF just has announced five books: Stalingrad Nazi, Stalingrad Sov, Kursk Nazi, Kursk Sov, Axis minor powers.

Cheers

Hey, maybe by the time we get the Soviet Kursk book, we might get Matilda tanks in MW...

How much do you want to bet, in addition to getting more books, the germans get theirs first, leaving one of the big 4 lacking V4 books for a very, very, long time?

No bet, they'll release both Stalingrad books at roughly the same time, probably. They managed to do it for Afrika Korps and Desert Rats.

>These books will be filled with city fighting flavour, plenty of new models and some large plastic city ruins that will knock your socks off!
>some large plastic city ruins that will knock your socks off!
>large
>plastic
>city
>ruins
fhawebgehfgk,

I don't need fucking ruins, just give soviets and Finns

Axis Allies was stated as well.

>Stalingrad books

You guys know this is going to be an utter shit show, right? Flames has always been tedious as fuck for urban environments. Not to mention in this edition assaults are almost impossible to get off and gimped when they are successful.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m hyped for the plastic ruins, but don’t expect fun if you are going to try to use V4 for urban combat.

Attached: DE60679E-7505-40D8-A2CE-B9E89B0C1661.jpg (653x598, 69K)

They release new stuff to get your money, not because its going to work or be good. FoW is a business aimed at profits first, like most large game companies.

Sweet!

Those things are pretty much exactly what my wish-list would have been for rounding out Mid-War.

>flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=53&art_id=6014
The Eastern Front gets a second bite at the cherry when we cross over to 1943 and the Battle of Kursk. Two more books... verses the Soviets .... own late designs (like SU-85 assault guns and T-70 tanks).
SU-85 was MW? ok.

BTW: originally promised for the release of V3 BERLIN

You forgot paratroopers user. Maybe they will actually buff F2s for Kursk. I also hope I can finally use all my German infantry because fuck them for making me need to take a 2.8cm gun.

GW did plastic ruins ages ago and the only issue with them was random pointy bits that would break.

>*Laughs in panzer II*

Attached: Panzer_2_tank_8.jpg (946x613, 68K)

oh, 5 books instead of 1, 5 times the profit - good for them

What exactly is Paratrooper book? It's for MW? But there were no iconic paradrops in MW (line Eben Emael in EW and Normandy, Market Garden in LW). So it's just about fallschirmjäger and soviet para people fighting on foot, not very different from Grenadier company, then what's the point for special Para book.

>Free Nations book for TY coming soon (April, May?).
>Confirmed Axis minor powers book for Eastern Front MW
>Will have Hungarians
Well shit, I guess I know my next WW2 army, then.

German and Italian paratroopers fought in both North Africa and Sicily. Also American and British paratroopers performed combat drops in the the invasion of Sicily. Its not like they were not there or did not do anything. This also leaves out the planned invasion of Malta which would also used a large amount of paratroopers.

A few guys that I play with at my LGS have the desert buildings from battlefront and I like using them so I might pick up some of these new ones if the price isn't to high because the shop only has buildings for 28mm.

I believe what happened is that the Ruins were meant to be out with Berlin, but the other company Battlefront was working with pulled out and left them high and dry.

To be fair, the Germans decided to alter the format of those markings pretty quickly so the enemy was less likely to know which was the actual command tank.
How that was done was reportedly left up to individual units.

So it could be historical for for one of those units.

bump

Attached: rocket_karen.gif (700x393, 737K)

You do realize that "Eastern Front" was a compilation of several books, right? It's not like they suddenly changed their method. From the beginning they put out small-ish books with 1-3 army lists per battle or division and only with V2 began compiling them into larger volumes - but only after several smaller books had been released.

You still probably have another or more to get Hungarians together

>SU-85 was MW?
It entered production in mid-1943. Wasn't ready for Kursk but technically was available in MW (albeit in very small numbers)?

Sure, but they have the data already, they aren't scratch-building these books, they are mostly recycling the old ones.

I will laugh when the release schedule is one set of books, with their plastics for two months(July-August), immediately followed by the next set of books and their plastics(Sep-Oct), and again after that(Nov-Dec). Totally wont be possible to combine the books into two/three (Soviet, German, Para+MinorAxis).

K R E T A
R
E
T
A

you mean the "old less heroic PSC sculps"

Well first time i notice in term of game that Stalingrad is MW, maybe because most of the shits the Eastern Front book talk about is Kursk.

Kinda want to see the difference between Stalingrad and Kursk lists. My body want something like the 1942 vs 1943 Schewere Panzerkompanie, ton of Czech panzer and Mittlere panzer with captured T-34 SS options, but i am sure BF will squat them it will be really funny to see them making SS options a CARD UPGRADE.

I am pretty sure they will because Kursk, means Schurzens, Panzer IV G and even early H so they should be like the LW ones. It will be fun to use thes late MW list against north africa stuff.

I guess allied airborne had landings/drops (that were botched) in Operation Husky and Fallschrims also fought in sicily.

BI EM PI

derails your thread

Attached: sgt york in the field dring the gulf war.jpg (600x401, 40K)

You mean *destroy your bath*

Threatens my outhouse?

>in the field during the gulf war

LOLWUT?

Maybe it's a model?

That's early war friend

Ofc SS will be cards, why wouldn't they be. Why would one want to run Czech panzers anyway? Unless they cost 1 point I don't see any reason to bring a tank with armor 2, AT 6 and a crap cross rating. I'm with you on the Tiger companies and captured T-34s though.

>Why would one want to run Czech panzers anyway?
Because the 38(t) is the best tank of the war, the golden ideal all tanks should aspire towards.

Attached: Panzer_38t.jpg (395x320, 74K)

I squish you like bug.

Attached: 313F1CBB-39CD-42D0-9087-FBFDBDD045F0.jpg (350x236, 31K)