Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

S K E L T O N Edition

Previous Thread: Please stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do not respond to bait, hide, report, and Party on dudes (And dudettes)

>A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

> Core rules
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handbook 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Nagash
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Portents
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>Thread Question
Pick your favorite unit.
What is one buff and one nerf you would give to it?

Attached: tumblr_ox1sm2JTBn1wak40do5_1280.jpg (600x600, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY
mega.nz/#F!D5smUTQC!SRQvJqZ4hv_Dmu5Ngmk4kg!e5Nx2LLK
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/history-legends-2002-12-24
warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture1/1718/NewStormcastSection2Content.jpg
whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/a/a8/Map_Aqshy_01.png/800px-Map_Aqshy_01.png
malignportents.com/story/the-clockmakers-tale/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Should I give my clanrats swords or spears?

Way to end the thread early like a fag.

I swear, these fragile sweeties are quick to gun out one even on the fourth or third page just to prevent someone from making a silly OP.

>Zombies
Give them back their fucking unique mechanic. "Nerf" them back to the old warscroll, as far their attack's default shittiness and scaling value.

LoN make assfucked zombies hard and dry.

who are /your dudes/?

/my dude/ is a skaven warlord who ran away from a duel with archaon back in WFB and then managed to kill him with a warplock pistol shot on the last turn of the game. Was the most skaven-y thing i've ever seen. Mounted him on a round base and now I use him in AOS.

The Deepwood calls

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1003x1000, 142K)

IDOKIN DEEPNETH WEHN

This. I want to see their models so much.

My dudes are Free Guild ruled by a council of mages from all orders. They live in a cool fairytale land.

The Deepwood stirs. The chill winds of winter are past, and the season of war is here. The Asrai are hunters, and the forest is our home! Woe betide those foolish enough to threaten it! There have been sacrifices, but we are ready. He is ready. The Wild Hunt begins!

Attached: Cm6j_ZWWYAATlLs.jpg (1029x1200, 262K)

Here are my dudes

docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY

Attached: 48CCE54E-EB73-4697-95BD-7DD9E8FED04D.jpg (1111x622, 235K)

Annon has Anny of you have Wood elves 4 edition army book on pdf?

I really like your lore user, probably gonna use a similar layout to yours for when I eventually write my dudes lore.

That’s great to hear user. What is your dudes lore so far if I may ask?

This is the Age of Sigmar thread user, you are better of askig the WHFB thread

Someone posted this on dakkadakka:

News about Idonteh Deepkin

Rumours, take with a grain of salt....

"he deepkin are not exactly the good guys in fact they are not exactly order per-se, they play more like the dark eldar, and their main reason for fighting is to capture the souls of others in other words they raid to steal souls to feel and have emotions but can't retain it for long. Think mermaids but not the disney version but the historical one.

The deepkin can fight on land as if they are still in water, in fact the models looks as if they are still swimming, this is because when they raid the area has a spell casted on it that allows them to fight normally, The models hair for example looks like its still floating in water best example of the effect is like the latest pirates of the caribbean movie where salazar mates if you notice their hair is somewhat as if submerged and floating underwater. The looks are somewhat mix greek and bit dark in nature.

Their mounts for the calvary like models are on shark looking things. There is a turtle too which is its center piece model. There is about 8 kits all together which will take up the whole month leading up to AOS 2. "

Literally just checked the mega for the whfb thread
mega.nz/#F!D5smUTQC!SRQvJqZ4hv_Dmu5Ngmk4kg!e5Nx2LLK

Right after Root Kings

>leading up to AOS 2

AoS2
>Legacy Army bandaid ripped off.
>Removal of the GA system in favor of ally table.
>General rule changes.
>RANGE MEASURED FROM BASE.
>Skaven go back to being their own thing.
>Slaanesh comes back better than ever.

>Skaven go back to being their own thing.
No

>legacy army removal
Honestly I'd prefer them removed all at once than chopping up slowly over time like they did with GHB2017

>GA system removal for shitty 40k ally table
no

>range from base
most people do this already

>skaven
nobody cares about rats

>slanny
They first need to decide on a new identity for slaanesh, because "sex, drugs, and rock n' roll" doesn't sell well in the modern age.

They are Vampires from an old line dating back to the age of myth. Back in the age of myth the ancestors of their line were the guardians/ punishers in one of the many underworlds in Shysh. This underworld was formed by a culture where it was believed that the sinful would face punishment by being eternally hunted by the densins of that dark realm.

After Nagash's return this underworld was like most others, absorbed by the great necromancer and its deity consumed. Most of its denisons, both the guards and prisoners were pressed into Nagash's service, but a small number managed to escape, to continue the hunt across the mortal worlds.

In the current age of sigmar there exists a small number of vampires of that bloodline, as most would have been killed by nagash loyalists, led by a matron sisterhood. Even in the current age they continue the hunt, using a number of direwolves as hounds to flush out mortals, while those riding Nightmare Steeds will run them down. The matrons themselves fly over the battlefield, crashing into the fleeing mortals as they see fit, picking apart those they view worthy or as close to being worthy for a vampire or have particularly rare blood.

To prevent getting Nagash's attention, or at least ire, they avoid fielding large armies, but instead focus on a small elite band, forgoing the typical host of lower tier undead beyond the Direwolf hounds which are fluffed as Bargheists and instead mostly just field swarms of bats and the vampires themselves.

The one exception to this is a Mourngul thats been ensnared by the sisterhood and serves their needs in battle.

To keep this fluff I try to using actual Vampire Lords on zombie dragons and am instead going to kitbash a fell beast to run as an 'abyssal terror' counts as.

Attached: 28928652_1857886120889653_2062862856_o.jpg (4096x2304, 671K)

>"sex, drugs, and rock n' roll"
>He fell for the meme
kys

>implying it was just a meme for GW back in the 80s

Attached: slaanesh_80s.jpg (1600x1195, 223K)

What’s the difference between AoS and WHFB? All I see is D&D, or is it supposed to be closer to 40K lore-wise?

>All I see is D&D
What did he meme by this?

AoS is an in universe reboot of reality, like DC’s Nu52.
Chaos destroyed ersatz-Earth Fantasy took place on and now the universe is divided into realms like Death, Fire, Beasts, Heaven, life, etc.

60% of old named characters are dead or generic models now. And about one former named Mortal character from each WHFB is now a God of said Faction.

Attached: EA11E43E-CBB2-43E2-B913-6F98DD50BF4E.jpg (564x437, 86K)

Cool lore user
10/10 would fight against

I’d say Spears in general since you can’t take units of 10 anymore. But a unit of 20 will lose its +1 to hit really fast so one could argue for swords on units of 20. But considering that clanrats can’t hit for shit, i’d say volume is always preferred, plus it will allow you more flexibility later down the road

As I would against the Brayherds, its a shame as in my area everyone plays the flavor of the month armies that do well in tournies with exception to the store owner who runs bone zone Since his bret army is no longer supported. I am hoping after Malgin Portents some more people get into the game.

What ‘legacy band aid removal’ are you talking about? As shown by the new Daughters of Khaine release, any of those forces can potentially be made into a new faction. As for Skaven, I’d prefer we’d get a Natasha style book that rewards running clan themed armies. Or alternatively, proper Verminus rules so you can at least run the old Horde again

Imagine warhammer hired D&D and magic the gatherings writers in an attempt to capture the casual audience. That's AoS

>magic the gatherings writers
MtG has lore? huh, the more you know . . .

>Army Projects you will never be able to produce.

Kislev freeguild.

I need to rewrite my document a bit, since I have moved away (for now) in Brayherds to focus on Maggotkin since my Brayherds were just my old WHBF army, and I started with Nurgle at start of AoS (3 years ago already, time sure flies), as a means to get a fresh and new army for AoS. So I might rewrite it to have Risgat and Kraagar be allies of necessity because if they fought each other both will get weak and get attacked by others more easily

Knights Excelsior Stormhost.

Planes walking this. Infinite expanding realms that. A few hubs around cities which let you cross realms where a lot of action happens. Mostly following a bunch of deity, in comparison to the average mortal, adventurous across planes of existence. Also something about a dragon guy who is super powerful. Sometimes demons/ Phyrexians spill out from their respective realms and invade parts of other people's infinite realms and stuff happens. Sometimes one of the major deity characters gets imprisoned or mind raped or stuck in some plot device until the next rotation when everything sort of resets again. Stop me if this sounds familiar.

But none of that is true.

you should try reading the books and not just the two paragraphs on the wiki. Not having a big expensive core rulebook with the lore included was a double edged sword in that now a lot of people don't know what the setting actually is.

Wtf are root kings

Way to be a massive faggot with the reading skills of a fetus.
None of what you said is true.
If you are going to claim stuff about the fluff, at least actually read the shit.

Some Dispossessed/Duardin that were mentioned once in a book as living in hollow trees. Possibly a throwaway world building line but who know?

I might be utterly retarded and just can't find it,

But is the audiobook version of Nagash, the undying king in the somewhere in the resources yet?

Need something to listen to while painting skelebobs.

Duardin living in the Realm of Life.

Would be pretty easy to play them in a game using Ironbark Wargrove from Sylvaneth.

Not a bad plan, I kind of hope AoS2/ GHB2018 has some more allied chart stuff to represent the fluff of vampires lording it over mortals, though not sure what yet.

Which part the part about planeswalkers being quasi deities who can hop between worlds. The part about naturally forming portals occasionally showing up in mtg lore? The part about people from one plane showing up an invading another like the Phyrexians or eldrazi. Or the part about the main set of planeswalkers having more forced drama than a high school reunion.
Which part do you take particular issue with? I'm purposely not doing a good job representing the lore I know, but nothing I said is entirely wrong just bad exaggeration. You can literally go look at their website right now and it says.

"The stories ofMagictake place in The Multiverse - an infinite realm that contains untold numbers of fantastical worlds. These worlds are filled with heroic legends and whispered secrets. Traveling throughout the Multiverse are Planeswalkers–powerful mages with the rare ability to leave the world of their birth. The adventures, plots, and machinations of these Planeswalkers forever alter the fates of those they encounter. The monsters and civilizations of the Multiverse also have their own histories and legends. Each plane is rich in mystery and intrigue, strife and war, all with epic stories just waiting for your discovery."

If you want to explain the lore in 5 seconds I don't think you can get more concise unless you want to have an in depth discussion about Gideon's relationship Chandra. Or the writers having an on again off again relationship with sorin. Or the corruption of garruk. I should have realized this thread was all mtg players.

>Which part do you take particular issue with?
the comparison to AoS lore. I meant you should the actually read the AoS lore before saying it is the same as your card game lore.

Because AoS is obviously more like Planescape: with spheres of influence slowly bleeding into each other through rifts all centred in some big cosmological ornary complete with central hub.

Planescape has the city of Sigil.

AoS has the Allpoint. Further more, the Realms are not "Infinite" they merely bleed off and distort the closer to the edge you become, making measurements risky.

I mean fuck me Slavfag, try harder.

I hope when they get around to regular human armies they do it like imperial guard where there's countless variations but several main aesthetics; cadian, catachan etc.

Don't get so ass blasted when someone notices this game, which is good by the way, borrows heavily from cardboard crack.

It's not MTG at all though.

It's quite clearly more like Planescape.

MTG is Multiversial, AoS is one Universe.

It completely is. Both are drawing from heavily from Moorcock. The multi universe thing I will give you, but I think that is more of a technicality except when mtg decides it wants time traveling.

>MTG
>Drawing from Moorcock

Lol.

Faggot please.
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/history-legends-2002-12-24

if you see mtg lore reflected in aos that's great I guess, but nobody else sees that. The MtG audio drama I listened to was about some snake lady crushing on some Jace guy who was really emo about something that wasn't clear. AoS tends not to have romance plots, unless does Morathi hitting on and getting rejected by Nagash counts, and instead focuses a lot on combat and sometimes sassy vampires giving overly serious characters a hard time. I don't know much more beyond that about MtG lore beyond that audio drama. From what it covered, Jace is super edgy, emo, and kind of an OCDNS while that qt snake lady wants him really really bad, and the two of them go on cross dimensional adventures together or something.

That's what I meant about the high school drama the cast is constantly in. Warhammer doesn't have that thankfully, but they both have a lot of similarities in influences to their respective world building and tone. In a few more years I am sure AoS will have the GW twist on it like what happened with fantasy even if it doesn't turn grim dark but to the outside observer who knows nothing about the lore instead of being compared to LoTR but different it's going to look a lot more like mtg but different since only turbo nerds know morecock his influence on nerd fantasy.

Also see Ravnica vs Sigil vs Hammerhal for another comparison.

Anyone know how to model seaweed and whatnot?

Preferably in the same manner as one might do with flock or tufts, since I don't want to greenstuff it en masse.

Anybody knows where I could buy printed maps (some decent size as wall decoration) of the game world? I can't find anything official and I'm wondering that GW didn't already monetize that aspect of the lore

I think that gw has not even started printing maps aside from the pages in the army books.

Here's a shot of the heartlands of Aqshy and a more detailed view of the heart of them alongside Ghyran's.

warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture1/1718/NewStormcastSection2Content.jpg

whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/a/a8/Map_Aqshy_01.png/800px-Map_Aqshy_01.png

>Asrai
no such thing anymore
learn to wander, gipsaelf

I have no problems finding decent maps online, I'm just wondering if someone is selling good prints on decent material.

Could you take stuff from fish tank decorations?

Nope-

Wrong scale my dude

New story!

Cut it.

>malignportents.com/story/the-clockmakers-tale/
>I should like to be abed before my bones rot away to nothing
well

Yeah, since when does slaanesh being sex, drugs and rock n' roll is JUST a meme? Sigvald certainly contain sexual theme even in 8ed WHFB for example.

Someone has got Advent 2017 Aos Ebooks?
Please upload them

Am I just retarded? I can't figure out what heroes to run as DoK because I feel like I need multiples of all of them. Meanwhile, I am also having trouble fitting in units like sneks and birbs. Why is this so difficult?

Doesn’t the Cauldron box alone come with a combo of 2-4 heroes between 480-560pts?

One unit of Arrow Sneks and one unit of melee Sneks is another 300.

Not hard from there.

Attached: ED9B8357-3FE1-4C8A-88CC-3CAB60C8D9C7.jpg (1000x789, 180K)

Slaanesh is more than just that.
He embodies excess.
>His followers do not simply have a meal, they have a 9 course feast.
>His followers do not simply listen to an symphony, they listen to music that shakes the very foundations of the realms with it's sound.
>His followers do not simply wear fine furs for comfort, they skin the rarest most softest beasts so as to feel the ecstasy of luxury.
Think of the followers of Slannesh as less of sex crazed deviants and more as sophisticated Connoisseurs wishing to experience everything the world offers.
Less Jeffrey Dahmer and more Hannibal Lecter

Attached: Tome_of_Corruption_by_RalphHorsley.jpg (1073x669, 275K)

>4 unit options
>2 chariots
>2 monsters
>3 heroes
how the fuck is it difficult to choose?
it should be practically monibuild

One unit meaning 5?

Points. If feels weird.

This, they’re more psychotic Fops then party animals.

In the Realmgate books the ones vying to join Archaon just turned their noses up at the other chaos armies and whipped them from horseback while tweeking theirs’ and their slaves’ nipples.

Attached: A6B11A9C-C034-4118-8E8C-B476E9E14F58.jpg (1530x1986, 631K)

Yes, by unit I meant battline of 5

Attached: 5EE1EE51-3675-45C8-A313-75F44097402B.jpg (300x225, 31K)

They're not battleline. The melee are only battleline with a Medusa general, which means you lose on the attack command.

>the gods send their greater daemons to fight archaon
>dorghar eats them all and acquire their powers

>for some reason this must have happened after the disappearance of slaanesh
>for some reason no wannabe slaanesh greater daemon foolishly attempted to slay archaon together with the other daemons

Hey, I haven't been keeping up with news for a couple of months. What cool stuff has GW released for Death this year?

A Death soup battletome and a new Hero.

Deepkin when?

So after Malign Portents is over, will GW release a book or something along the line "Age of Sigmar: Malign Portents, or How the Playerbase Further Fucked Up the Setting"?

Why would a daemon be stupid enough to try without their god making them do it, especially after the first three?

Probably in the fabled AoS 2nd Edition if it's happening. And various battletomes, novels, shit like that.

because daemons are arrogant things

>AoS 2nd Edition
You all know already the first battletome is going to be stormcasts again

Attached: 1486001254231.png (339x345, 21K)

you Death players are such a bore, stroking your boner all over that faggot Nagash with gay hat... independent undeads when?
FEC doesn't count.

Attached: 1514240981650.png (187x228, 91K)

>independent undeads when?
never, all are one in nagash boney nuvagina

Attached: 27628979_10215178111236344_204400153460145145_o.jpg (900x1125, 175K)

>nobody cares about rats
you are wrong because i do

>Age of Sigmar 2nd Edition.
Imagine if they actually released a big rule/fluff book like they used to for WHFB.
Optional of course :^) [/spoiler}

Attached: sweat.gif (400x225, 1.32M)

So is the thing happening today?
Are we getting some reveals?

>nagash boney nuvagina
is he trans boner?

We don't know, but they do have a GAMA booth. So maybe.

>they do have a GAMA booth
that's what i meant my good friend

Story time!

Attached: 1253931418493.jpg (390x399, 31K)

>independent undeads when?
how would you even do that?
minor gods of undeath ruling their own underworlds? returned tomb kings? living people of shyish? lotr-like army of the dead chained to a vow? wild wild dead?

All we know is that they are there, that's what I mean. We don't know what they are showing. Last year we got Overlords, so chances are good.