>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
What is your character planning on doing with all that gold, /5eg/? Do you actually spend the wealth you accumulate or do you cling to it like some greedy dragon?

Attached: hoard.jpg (1024x680, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/UnearthedArcana/comments/67sg4v/sorcerer_metamagics_elemental_shifting_protective/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

spend it on upgrading my keep/stronghold

My DM is using the magic item crafting rules from Xanthar's, so it's all going into that money pit along with scribing backup spellbooks.

i only have ~450 gold atm, but prolly gonna see what kind of magic item i could spring for since they've all been going to the other members of the party

He's frugal because of his upbringing so he has more stocked up than the other party members. Until he's ready to buy some land it'll continue being saved up.

>he actually has a castle
>he doesn't spend his days relaxing in a personal Magnificent Mansion with every need attended to by his army of unseen servants

All right, Mearls and co. clearly aren't going to bother putting out new content. We're going to have to start making it ourselves. I'm going to post homebrews that I like, commenting on any of my own changes to them. Y'all are welcome to join me.

Not just character stuff either. Rulesets for stuff works just as well.

Attached: Fucked with an anchor.png (1000x750, 75K)

I think this is from /5eg/, and it's what I use instead of the book trinkets. Works much better.

Attached: 1000 actual trinkets.pdf (PDF, 448K)

This, if you have a wizard that doesn't have Magnificent Mansion then you just aren't Wizarding properly.

Holy fuck that UA is trash

My gnome is going to rebuild his tavern with the gold collected, and use the rest to get the ingerdients to make the best cocktail the setting has ever seen

Do you or anyone else have any homebrewed Metamagic options or a Metamagic rewrite that aren't either stupidly complicated, stupidly broken, or stupidly useless?

It's not UA though, it's a preview.

File too large, but Mercer's blood hunter (at least 2.0) is pretty solid.
But we got it on UA day.
I'll look and get back to you.
Attached is an ice sorc that I rather like.

Attached: Frozen Heart V2.pdf (PDF, 3.94M)

I liked the werewolf subclass.

5e is steadily dying. It's got a good five years left in it, but it's clear the designers are out of ideas. Mearls is even working on a Dark Sun conversion to try to get people to come back, despite 5e's hit point bloat destroying any chance of feeling like a grim sword and sorcery setting.

I've got a bunch of homebrew I'm eventually bundling together and trying to sell, but I need more testers besides my home group

Good. They'll wait for Pathfinder 2 and then release 6ed with similar changes.

My player wants to buy a combat android

Post it, user. I'd like to try more content.
This one's pure fluff, but holy FUCK is it fun.

Attached: Copy of spell focus generation.pdf (PDF, 658K)

>City is a religious capital and gets money from neighboring cities that all follow the faith represented by this city

Should the city still have merchants, housing, etc. or should it just be like the Vatican where the only people living there are working there?

I don't much like furbait and prefer werewolves as monsters. But those ghost and witcher versions are fun.
This one's a nice expansion to warforged. I changed the soldier's "Shock and Awe" to a copy of the Half-orc's Brutal Critical to bring it back in line with some of the other racials.

Attached: Homebrewed Warforged Race----change soldier to have brutal critical instead of their current bonus f (PDF, 6.04M)

>dying
We still have Artificer and Mystic on the way, and plenty of room for more setting books, adventure modules, and the inevitable additional archetypes and probably classes, too. The devs are out of ideas and there is plenty of room to work with, the devs are just lazy shits. If this is your idea of dying I'd hate to see what you call other games.

sure, how about we just rework 5e into a brand new game?
we could call it... wayseeker?

Why'd you repost this? 5e is the most popular system by a mile and there is no change to that in sight.

*devs are hardly out of ideas

Here's my collection of homebrew. I based it on the setting for Warhammer Fantasy.

khorne.ru/2nd

It's kind of a shame, really. 5e had so much potential to break out of the pattern.

what's the best roguish archetype for Curse of Strahd?
I've just finished the death house, and I don't know what to pick, I'm also the travelling liquor store of the party, so what goes with the theme?

reddit.com/r/UnearthedArcana/comments/67sg4v/sorcerer_metamagics_elemental_shifting_protective/
These ones seem interesting.
This one's a real nice support fighter if you remove the silly Triton racial restriction.
I've considered it, though I would prefer to name it after some kind of armor, like Chainmail was. But I want to convert attacks to 3d6+weapon damage die and make AC into damage reduction instead of a flat to hit...but I have no FUCKING clue how to balance weapons.

Attached: Marine Fighter.pdf (PDF, 2.61M)

My preferred homebrew artificer fix.

Attached: Improved Artificer.pdf (PDF, 7.91M)

Why does a swarm of rats have resistances to physical damage types? And should a player in a panther form be able to do double damage?
This came up in a game and it was retarded that a cat biting a bunch of rats would do only half damage.

Attached: swarm.jpg (314x425, 54K)

Swashbuckler, shoot the baddies at a distance and still have sneak attack, kite them to death

>I'm also the travelling liquor store
Mastermind. You're everybody's best friend, and what better way to learn someone's secrets than to share a drink?

This is mine. I'm removing Septic Blood in future iterations. It's also a collection of homebrew poisons that I removed some of the extraneous crap for.

Attached: Toxin 1.45.2.pdf (PDF, 703K)

>Mearls is working on a Dark Sun conversion
Man, this is gonna suck isn't it

Attached: 1460808121695.jpg (302x225, 9K)

Had an Arcane Trickster in mine. He had fun fucking around with the Vestani. Mastermind would suit the whole liquor thing though.

The idea is that it is biting an individual rat in a swarm of rats. It's like hitting fog. As opposed to throwing fire at it which does more of a splash.

I'm taking greatswords off this one and having all their stuff key off INT instead of WIS.

Have to take a drive home, will post more when I get back.

Attached: Myrmidon—No greatsword and use INT instead of WIS but everything else is good.pdf (PDF, 662K)

Funding various orphanages, homeless shelters, possible starting a multi front business that gives people with no options the chance to learn a trade besides laying on their back for money.

Attached: 1518887470956.jpg (444x635, 70K)

Here's one that I need a bunch of testing on. The routes aren't balanced against eachother, heavens no, but I want to make sure they're fun in a regular party

Attached: residualmagic.pdf (PDF, 1.9M)

Fucking love these pallys. Changed smite to only deal force.

Attached: Oath of the Mystic Fire.pdf (PDF, 75K)

It's since you're only hurting individual rats.
The swarm itself isn't as much affected.

>1/3 caster on a core class
Absolute shit, use the other revision instead.

>What is your character planning on doing with all that gold, /5eg/?
Training to level up

What are some fun side quests for a city setting?

Attached: rats.jpg (551x393, 89K)

A panther could absolutely shit on a rat ot two, but when there's twenty or thirty of them that's just a drop in the bucket. The resistance they have is representative of how hard it is to actually deal appreciable damage to the entire swarm at one time instead of just one or two rats.
Think of it this way, when you swat a big cloud of gnats away from your face, you probably absolutely annihilate a few of them, but the cloud comes right back as though nothing happened.

rat extermination turns into Wererat society

Fill in as extras for a play to get the gypsy magic woman do some magic stuff for you(actually getting to use the performance skill)

fuck around with gangsters

Attached: morerats.jpg (443x360, 80K)

You could come up with a valid enough excuse for the swarm being able to be effected less by the cloud than a singular creature but Cloud of Daggers is just one of those cases where it's unique enough of a situation that the general rules don't fit perfectly. If you made your case I wouldn't be surprised if most DMs would let you bypass the resistance, but I wouldn't blame them if they didn't.

>What is your character planning on doing with all that gold, /5eg/? Do you actually spend the wealth you accumulate or do you cling to it like some greedy dragon?
See, my character started out as an Urchin. So as the fortune grew out of control, the vast fortunes were used to build and sustain an orphanage... Only it takes a hilariously insignificant amount of gold to sustain kids like that. As it grew, it was sustaining more homeless kids than even existed in the city. So I upped the costs a bit, since the GM let me do so with a "teach a man to fish" mentality of letting the kids gain a professional proficiency they could use for work.

Which was fine, until suddenly the 20 years had passed, and the GM had educted gold that amounted to a solid 8000 orphans with a full education, now living and working in the city, which was the capital city of the country.

Which the GM had consistently stated to have 100.000 citizens, even as I offhandedly asked him about it after doing my math.

It was quite funny. Being a "democracy" (my GM being the politically correct one in all aspects of his life), I may have used the influence I had to get the Noble Fighter of the party elected as the head of the city, right below the king of the country in ranking.

This isn't Unearthed Arcana you fucking cucks, this is just an ad for your new book. This is just Regular Arcana.

Reminder that there's absolutely no reason to let your players keep any roll that's

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUN IF WE DON'T HAVE A SHITTER IN OUR PARTY WE CAN BULLY AND MAKE FUN OF TILL THEY LEAVE?

Attached: 257.png (487x304, 192K)

>Reminder that there's absolutely no reason to let your players keep any roll that's

Here's a "villain" for you

Attached: The_Painter.png (464x1276, 139K)

>roll your stats for some randomness
>remember to ignore the downside of randomness though, can't have that
fucking rollfags

Not enough daggers. It only does 4d4 damage and they CAN pass through it, so there's no way it's going to hit even half of the rats.
Same with this one, ever looked at the ground after a barrage? There's sometimes even a foot of space between the arrows.

>TOTAL

One of the guy is inevitably gonna have a jerk off all trades stat spread, i.e 13+12+13+11+14+12

>I've got a bunch of homebrew I'm eventually bundling together and trying to sell
>Sell
>Homebrew
To whom, do you actually expect enough people to be that braindead an retarded?

Okay, I will reword it one more time for you, you degenerate cunt.

If a player dies, do you kick him out of the game or can he roll a new character?

You don't?

I guess burgerland citizens might be stupid enough to shell out for it.

No non-retarded individual here in Europe would bother.

It's happened before. Kobold Press and Dawnforged both sold some if I'm not mistaken. The trove has some other 3rd party stuff that's for sale, too.

Wait, the fuck does rolling stats have to do with dead people?

OBSESSED

Where is this going? I'm lost

And yet hitting multiple rats with it still does half damage, just like a cat biting a single rat.
There's no logic to it. There shouldn't be resistances to damage types in this case. It ended up being a long pointless encounter that dragged on way too long because my players didn't have an AoE spell

>If a player dies, do you kick him out of the game
SHUT UP MARCIE YOU'RE DEAD

Woops, posted an old version.

Attached: The Burny Legion.pdf (PDF, 281K)

YES
AND I RIP UP HIS CHARACTER SHEET IN FRONT OF HIM

I LIKE THERE TO BE CONSEQUENCES IN MY GAME FOR CHARACTER DEATHS

MY PLAYERS LOVE IT AS WE ALL BOO AND JEER LOSERS WHO DIE

WE ALWAYS HAVE NEW PLAYERS CHOMPING AT THE BIT TO JOIN

>not throwing the player into the manlet pits of your local gym when their character dies

>my players didn't have an AoE spell
Did they have torches and oil? Were there any environmental factors that could crush or otherwise hurt a group of creatures all at once? There are more things you can do in this game besides reading actions off your character sheet, you know.

>Thinking I let anyone under 6 feet play with us

I'm NOT a disgrace

mate this is the point
you throw them into the manlet pit so the manlets will try to shred them apart
if they get out and still are as tall as they were, they can be allowed back at the table

It's "champing" you inbred swine.

>I'm removing Septic Blood
Just do it like the tempest cleric feature

In a city with a noncommercial economy (getting taxes from neighboring lands, money from benefactors, usual taxes etc.) would it make sense for there to still be merchants and businesses?

If the player dies, but expresses a desire to continue, you might want to call an exorcist.

God bless this thing

Attached: Revised Four Elements monk.pdf (PDF, 4.41M)

of course, look at cities like London

>non-retarded European

Haha

Attached: 1518559975921.jpg (600x488, 56K)

Yeah. How would citizens live there otherwise?

Attached: The Compendium of Forgotten Secrets Ultimate v1.12.pdf (PDF, 3.36M)

Yes, unless all goods and services were payed for by the city itself. It wouldn't make sense to not have a single carpenter in the whole town unless the government payed for carpenters to come from outside the city and service the citizens on demand at no cost to the citizens, which is just poor money management. In fact, travelling merchants and commuting businessmen looking to set up a branch location nearby would probably be commonplace in such a city, because cashflow coming in from outside sources like taxes would need to have an outlet back into the system to keep the state economy healthy.

Beat me to it user, that's some great shit.
Never seen this one around before, but it seems cool. I'd like to see if you guys find anything wrong with it.

Attached: Druid Circle of the Ashes.pdf (PDF, 3.01M)

1) Player rolls shit stats
2) Player naturally dies within a session or two (whether he's okay with the stats or not, it just comes naturally)
3) Player gets to re-roll anyway

All you're doing is making them waste their presumably good ideas for their first character on a walking deader

>Player wants to make a lycantrope character

How to manage it?

Offer him the Human Shifter options.

What's the stat block generator website?

-newfriend

Use the lycanthropy guide from the monster manual? Probably also see what kind they want to be, and what they want to play otherwise. If they're just trying to powergame a free 17 dex from Weretiger, tell them to fuck off

Make them unstable

what class he wants to play?

>2) Player naturally dies within a session or two (whether he's okay with the stats or not, it just comes naturally)
Yeah, I remember the time I had 6 Dex with my heavy armor and I got oneshot by the Bad Stat Fairy within 10 minutes of starting. Man I hate that guy, if only there was a way to play a character without having nearly perfect stats.

Human Shifter?

I know the MM guide, but I'm not sure if it works well, never DM a lycan before.

This is a good option indeed, this player loves to put curses in his characters.

Monk

Shifter is from the UA Eberron, race option

>Human Shifter?
From UA Eberron. Humans with lycantrophic heritage, but not the full gamut of their abilities.

Attached: UA_Eberron_v1.pdf (PDF, 266K)

Oh I see, I don't allow UA and homebrew stuff.

>Wahh my character only has a 15 in his primary stat after racials. Now every enemy is going to outright kill me ;-;