Masters 25 is mappable

Masters 25 is mappable
youtube.com/watch?v=1btKaGDB3JQ

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-13-22-23-17.png (1280x720, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KGPuBOvTIUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5w3awkJkOH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Goddamn.
How is Wizards going to fix this?

Does wizzinga even want to fix this?

threads on /r/magictcg are being purged

wizards are doing this on purpose

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF WOTC

inb4 mods shut this down

Good News: Value cards will all drop in price more than expected as the big stores will know exactly which packs to open and which to sell.

Bad New: Buying packs from stores just to play the lottery game is now an even more terrible idea.

Attached: 1520609982302.gif (660x780, 201K)

Good News: Price spikes in stuff that wasn't reprinted hopefully again

>good news: the intelligent way of acquiring cards from this set is now even cheaper
>bad news: the idiotic way of trying to acquire cards from this set is even more idiotic
I fail to see the downside, honestly.

How do you map packs?
Can you map sealed boxes?

Or stores realize their mapped cases still don't contain enough value even if they yank out all the money cards because the batch the distributor sent them had 5 boxes of trees and no Jaces.

downside is that wizards is showing that they can find new ways to fuck over the customer

>jace confirmed for seeded

It also means if you want to purchase a sealed box, say 5 years from now to do a draft, you'll get hosed.

You have one job, to sell cardboard rectangles, and you make tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars a year in profit doing so. How do you fuck it up this bad after doing it for 25 years?

Attached: 1519376066072.gif (267x260, 1.91M)

Apparently in this map jace replaces a mikokoro

It's seriously baffling how many times they've tripped over their toes the past couple of years.

Oh hey, it's Rudy, the guy who said Hasbro was totes selling WotC at the end of the quarter and to dump your cards.

boy howdy I sure would believe a video by him. Just watch the Rudy Defense Force put me on blast. If we get actual proof of other stores having this problem, then I'll believe it.

Why would he purposely shit on products he's going to sell?

You honestly think he released 24 packs and a box?

And what would he gain by doing that?

He opens two boxes on video and they have the same rares/mythics in the same order except for a one card difference (one box has Jace, the other has Mikokoro).

I'm not sure what you can say to wiggle out of that, Mr. Rosewater, other maybe try to imply that he opened thousands of boxes offscreen and resealed 48 packs in two boxes flawlessly for the video.

resealed*

He opened the packs on video

>Hasbro was totes selling WotC at the end of the quarter and to dump your cards

He said there were rumors that they were planning on selling a couple of years, get your facts straights before you go on WotC damage control.

>the guy who said Hasbro was totes selling WotC at the end of the quarter
Here comes the Hasbro damage control. What do you think you'll gain with outright lies?

youtube.com/watch?v=KGPuBOvTIUQ

Views. He's clickbait incarnate. Only the very gullible should believe anything that happens in his videos are legitimate.

Yes, he clearly used elaborate editing tricks to open two sealed boxes back to back and get 23 out 24 of the exact same rares and mythics.

Attached: 1518888617839.jpg (250x241, 7K)

It takes a long time to reseal 24 packs and a box that well. It's not worth the amount of money 100k-200k views will get him.

Not to mention everyone who sees that video is going to not buy any Masters 25 packs or boxes

>reseal 24 packs and a box

48. He would have had to fake two boxes.

Yes please keep ignoring the post in which I plainly expose your malice

Nah, the first box could be real and he would just have to find the 24 rares and mythics.

We get it, you have a hateboner for Rudy because you can't into cardstock finance.

Attached: 1516181116690.png (500x606, 228K)

There is no cut between the boxes though. He would have had to fake both of them.

Oh wait, there is. My bad.

>yfw this proves that Jace is seeded

Attached: 1451246746317.gif (360x270, 1.63M)

11:33 to 11:34

What a fucking meme. I love mtg, but fuck sealed products.

You have to open at least some of the packs, and even then there's a lot of guess work involved, unless the boxes are all completely identical.

>Scumbag Rudy intentionally went out his way to destroy the reputation of product he already invested in because????

How do we stop this mad man

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 165K)

Is anyone else at the point where they actually trust Rudy more than anyone else connected to this fucking game?

Dude obviously has "fuck you" money and gets no support from WotC.

Indeed

>spend countless hours amassing a collection worth millions of dollars
>actively tries to reduce its value by trying to destroy the game the collection is of

He and Trump would have a good chess match.

It's only natural when a company's pr is run by LGBTIAZOMGWTFBBQ and danger hairs

He thinks the ABUR/reserve list cards he's put so much money in have inherent value, I disagree but it's his money

Inherent value? Sure, but that value will decrease (from what it's future current point will be) when Magic does die. Additionally, before Magic dies, WotC WILL reprint the reserved list cards. Again, the originals will hold some value, but it won't be as much.

Rudy is a scumbag, but he's very open about what kind of scumbag he is: he views the game solely as a way to get money and that's it. Things that make him money are great, things that lose him money are bad. As long as you filter everything he says or does through that lens, you can get a lot of true insights out of him.

For example: you can trust that his rage about the unpopular moves of WotC is real, because those lower the demand for his goods and anything that lowers the demand for MtG cards loses him money. He hates it. That's real.

Of course, a lot of other shit he says that's not directly viewable through that lens is extremely untrustworthy. When he says that Hasbro is going to sell WotC or playerbase has shrunk 40% or something like that, it's very very likely that he's talking out of his ass with no sources and is trying to rattle the internet, see if something moves in a different way from the rest. Don't take things he says at face value, learn to read him.

WotC could dry up and no one could play a game of magic starting tomorrow and the original P9 would still hold a lot of their value.
There's few enough of them around and enough rich people who played MTG "back in the day" to keep their value up.

>playerbase has shrunk 40%

This was based on Maro's own blog posts, in which he listed the number of X millions of players was 40% lower than a number he gave a year or so earlier.

>WotC could dry up and no one could play a game of magic starting tomorrow and the original P9 would still hold a lot of their value.

Value, maybe, but not the liquidity. Finding buyers for P9 even now is extremely difficult. Finding buyers for them after Magic dies is going to be near impossible. Your Black Lotus may still be "worth" 5000 dollars in the sense that nobody sells it for lower than that, however good fucking luck finding an actual buyer for it.

When you get into the really niche collectibles, the rules of supply and demand start to fall apart.

Those were also two different metrics. The larger one was 'People who've bought MTG' and the smaller one is 'Regular players'. Of course your core playerbase is smaller than the people who've ever engaged with it at any point.

>why would a market player try to introduce uncertainty into said market

gosh i couldnt even fucking IMAGINE

If you knew the first thing about democracy you'd know that all businesses revile uncertainty and will do anything to minimize it, including putting money into lobbies

He said in the next 2/3 years.

>all rares are the same and in order, exception being Jace

Does this in any way imply there's an A track B track etc when it comes to certain cards? It can't be a coincidence that THE chase mythic of the set was the screwball, and I've always suspected that certain cards at the same rarity were actually a bit more rare

lol

Is this the first time that Garfield has fucked up?

Attached: 1520983371166.jpg (500x359, 30K)

He had nothing to do with this garbage fire.

Attached: Capture.png (261x683, 29K)

It might have been his sidebitch since he was working on artifact more apparently.
That's if you're referring to Dominaria, A25 is just another nuWotC fuckup

>Does this in any way imply there's an A track B track etc when it comes to certain cards?
Are you joking it has been known this is what they do for years.

>It can't be a coincidence that THE chase mythic of the set was the screwball
No, he got 2 Imperial Recruiters.

>recruiter
>chase mythic over Jace
Recruiter's price wasn't 200 dollars because of his demand, it was because there was zero supply. Expect his price to plummet once the set comes out because almost nobody actually runs him.

zing

>tfw just going to buy singles for EDH and not give a single fuck about this shitheap
X fucking D

Attached: 1485076578554.jpg (650x375, 32K)

I play EDH and only buy singles too and this still managed to be a complete disappointment. Like zero artifact reprints at all.

Thats a fair point, but Im referring to alot of solid cards that are probably going to be slashed to pennies, like Thalia, Asuza, R.I.P., and Pact. The fact that Thalias going to be like 6 dollars and Asuza might hit 10-15 is fucking awesome.

No, the 12 million active player number was stated on Maro's blog for 2017.

The 20 million number is an estimate from 2015 is based on revenue growth after Hasbro stated MtG has 12 million players in 2013 in their shareholder report.

desu the set is quite good for the general edh public, you can crack open a pack and get quite a lot of playables for a lot of edh decks. or you can just buy the cheap singles you need.

For anything else other than edh the set is absolute trash and it being mappable just says its the worst fucking masters set ever.

What makes some sets mappable and others not? Does Wizards of the Coast use different printing/packing methods for different sets that result in this, and why? I'd have assumed they'd only fuck with this kind of stuff for things like double-faced cards and masterpieces.

MTG will be dead within the next 5 years, my local LGS doesn't even do fnm anymore.

>Shit cardstock quality and tumblrtier art
>masters sets out the ass to cash in on the reprint $$$ as a last hail mary money maker.

It was only a matter of time anyway, soon the Chinese fakes will be indistinguishable from real cards and peoples 10k+ MTG collections will be worthless instantly. Sadly the era of TCGs is coming to an end just as MMOS are.

The future is grim altogether.

Just because one TCG is dying for shitty decisions doesn't mean it's era is coming to an end.

Generally speaking, with enough data, any set is mappable to some extent. Sets were fairly easy to map after only maybe a hundred boxes through the Ravnica block.
However, after the Ravnica block WotC/Their printer began using a better algorithm that made boxes harder to map. They also really began to crack down on people selling mapping software, so it's difficult to find, but it's still there in some parts.

You can find a Ravnica app on the google store (or used to be able to). Buy a box of Ravnica and be amazed when it maps out your whole box after a couple of packs.

>Melissa DeTora
wasn't she a pro player?

Yep, has a job at WotC now, same with Jackie Lee.
I'd say she's better than Lee though, from what I know of her.

Wtf does mappable mean?

I wouldn't call a lone top 8 a "pro player," though I will say it takes a shit load of skill to even top 8 a protour.

I get the feeling she was a diversity hire.

Google it retard

Why? That asshat is one of the reasons MTG cards get so expensive.

He fucking hoards pallet loads of product, then tries to sell booster boxes for $1500 when the total value of the cards contained within only come up to $300-$400 at most for many expansions.

It means you can predict with 100 percent accuracy what rares are in what packs in a given box after opening one pack from the top because they forgot to randomize it. So long as you don't fuck up the order, this means that you can take all the money cards, and resell the packs with garbage like Tree.

He's honest about what he does, though. Sad as it is, so few people are honest I'll fucking like someone even if they're complete shitsuckers so long as they're honest.

They didn't "Forget to randomize it," rather they use an algorithm to distribute cards to avoid boxes getting multiples of the same rare/mythic/etc or in the case of MM17, ensure ~2 fetches a box.
You can reverse engineer an algorithm with enough data, and if you know how the cards are printed, you can then work backwards to figure out if Card A is in this pack, then based on the algorithm, Card B will be in that pack.

I agree he's honest about what he does.

But I still think people like him should use reality and common sense to price cards rather than hype and hoarding.

Wasn't she involved in a cheating scandal?

>Melissa DeTora

She helped design Masters 25, no wonder it sucks.

Attached: their.jpg (617x923, 154K)

This is sad,pathetic, nit-picky bullshit.

The fact that someone, somewhere would get "triggered" because of pronouns is a sad indicator of just how sissified or society has become.

The march for diversity and inclusiveness has resulted in an atmosphere of same-think and exclusiveness.
It's fascinating.

That was Jackie Lee.

>changing "he or she" to "they"
>cool, cutting down 9 characters to 4. It's more efficient and effective, saves ink and space.
>We're doing it to be more inclusive and promote diversity in the FNM pools so that everyone can feel welcome playing our wholesome and political free game

Attached: 1512490388651.png (458x648, 308K)

Did you catch any of the shit surrounding Black Panther and how blacks were calling out for black-only screenings? It's like segregation has become the solution and it's the blacks who want it. Really makes you question just who causes ghettos.

youtube.com/watch?v=5w3awkJkOH0

Jackie's was much worse because it ended up fucking with the rules where reminding your opponent of his triggers now makes you a bad guy, because it means he missed them and can't do em, unless they changed how that works now.

Jackie Lee is the one who publicly ridiculed Jon Finkel live on air at SCG while casting for maintaining the integrity of the board state rather than allowing his opponent to miss triggers. Literally attempting to insult the best player of all time and all-round nice guy because he wasn't a WAAC faggot.

Can you link me that?

This

Attached: Stop.jpg (640x412, 101K)

Why is WOTC more concerned about stuff like
>diversity
>being inclusive
>politically correct
But NOT concerned about shitty card quality, shitty standard formats, massive bannings and now shitty """"random"""" distribution issues?
How the first got a bigger priority than the second?
I literally can't understand this, do they think that players will buy more (even if the product is SHIT and baddly handled) if they feel that MTG is a huge hugbox?

They're in Seattle, that explains a lot of it.

oh hi mark

Because they hired too many women and women are not cut out to think logically. They evolved to care about things. It's useful for childbearing. However, it does not belong in inherently conflictory things like business.

Thus far every business and government sufficiently saturated with women has begun to collapse. It may already be too late to reverse the damage done.

Let me give some perspective on "good" and "bad" standard environments

Some of the most widely lauded, glory days of standard were Urza's saga block, Kamigawa block, Mirrodin block, Time Spiral block and Mirrodin Beseiged block

Do you know what these blocks have in common? Horrible gameplay balance. People don't want fair decks tamely trading creatures and dueling over massive boardstates, they want to waffle stomp their opponent's with Jitte and arcbound ravager.

Wizards knows this, but they also know that it doesn't matter what you like cause you'll play anyway with their no-counterspells no-land-destruct muzzled game

The card quality issue is another thing entirely but it goes to show you'll still buy this shit no matter what they do

Attached: sinkhole.jpg (223x310, 27K)

What if your opponent missing that trigger would ultimately win them the game?

If they "miss" a Cruel Reality trigger and you call it out, are you punished?

How could that have ever been a rule?

You don't have to tell them they missed it now.
So if they miss it, tough shit faggot you missed it, don't get me to call a judge on you.