/swg/ GAMA Edition

FFG's presentation at GAMA is at 9pm Nevada time, which will be when this post is 3 hours old. They've announced stuff there in the past, so put your speculation caps on.

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

---- Latest News ----
New Destiny boosters:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/13/way-of-the-force/
Official playmats for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/13/prepare-your-troops/
Season One Organized Play:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/recruit-your-legions/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/take-your-best-shot/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/open-the-blast-doors/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/star-destroyers-fighters-and-fun/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/the-force-is-with-you/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/the-way-of-the-force/

Attached: star_wars__seventh_fleet_star_destroyer_by_anthonydevine-dbzg8db.jpg (1280x512, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vkpql_O7VHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gimme legion, gimme armada, gimme scum epic #2

>that pic
>only 16 ImpStars
Step it up Thrawn you're a Grand Admiral for fuck's sake

Attached: Imperial Navy Organization.png (854x758, 340K)

Attached: swg.png (642x1083, 59K)

note that there's nothing actually suggesting that all or even most of those 1600 ships in the average sector fleet are all capital ships

Legion launches at Adepticon next weekend, so I doubt they'd announce anything new for it tonight.

Conversely, though, it's a good time to announce stuff for Armada, since you don't want it to rob some limelight from Legion next week.

Thinking about playing a fugitive jedi Clone Wars vet, shell shocked Vietnam vet style PTSD.

What kind of shit would he have seen to get a SW Nam experience?

Attached: ptsd.jpg (650x366, 37K)

>including 24 star destroyers

so he has 2/3rds of a sector fleet's star destroyers and that's not enough to you...

When will we hear results of GAMA? Doesn't seem like the type of event where a neckbeard will be live updating on it.

I know they never talk about new stuff in the RPG except for it being a formal announcement, but god damn, we need some updates on when we can expect Fully Operational and Cyphers and Masks.

Keep an eye out for Team Covenant on Twitter/Facebook. They always live tweet FFG's stuff during Gen Con, and they outright streamed an Asmodee panel earlier today; so I'm sure they'll be there providing updates in some capacity.

After checking the Wook and going through the WEG Heir to the Empire Sourcebook here's Thrawn's Legends Armada

Thrawn's Personal Armada
- Imperial-Class Star Destroyers
>Chimaera [Flagship], ImpStar II
>Death's Head, ImpStar I
>Judicator, ImpStar I
>Inexorable, ImpStar I
>Stormhawk, ImpStar I
>Nemesis, ImpStar I

- Victory-Class Star Destroyers
>Adamant, VicStar I
>Unknown VicStar I

- Various Cruisers
>Constrainer, Immobilizer 418
>Rampart, Immobilizer 418
>Sentinel, Unknown if Interdictor-Class Star Destroyer or Immobilizer 418
>178 Dreadnaught-Class Heavy Cruisers
>12 Strike Cruisers
>22 Carrack Light Cruisers

- Snubfighters
>30+ Squadrons of TIE Fighters
>1 Wing of Scimitar Assault Bombers

Part of Thrawn's fleet but not part of Thrawn's personal armada
- Imperial-Class Star Destroyer
>Bellicose, ImpStar I
>Peremptory, ImpStar I
>Relentless, ImpStar I

Being assigned to Jabiim or Felucia.

Rebels Thrawn has all the Arquitens and Gozantis in modern SW/Armada fleets, but otherwise that seems pretty faithful.

And here's Thrawn's battleline for the Assault on Sluis Van

Attached: Thrawn Battleline.png (1149x1419, 1.82M)

>squadron
>usually commanded by an admiral
Kind of reasonable, naval squadrons have been a hugely variant thing over time...

>systems admiral (also known as a commodore)
What the actual fuck?

While I'm at it I'm gonna post some good shit from the WEG HttE sourcebook that can be used with all Star Wars systems.

Attached: Talon Karrde's Myrkr Base.png (1523x1864, 4M)

>Keep an eye out for Team Covenant on Twitter/Facebook. They always live tweet FFG's stuff during Gen Con, and they outright streamed an Asmodee panel earlier today; so I'm sure they'll be there providing updates in some capacity.

Yeah, the Asmodee GAMA panel was here:
>facebookdotfuckoffspamfiltercom/teamcovenant/videos/2033149636725007/

Where, among other things, they confirmed "new Legion releases every month"; but overall nothing terribly interesting (just a board game publisher talking to stores that carry its products).

Attached: Sluis Van Shipyard.png (1533x1902, 769K)

One state-of-the-art datapad

Attached: Datapad.png (1449x1019, 689K)

Here's a size chart to study before you even think about giving your players a Shield Ship as a starting ship.

Attached: Size Chart.png (1453x887, 867K)

Lambda Shuttle, now with actual space toilet

Attached: Lambda interior.png (1465x1847, 1.91M)

And the last one.
forgive me /swg/ but the meme potential was too great

Attached: Brazzers.png (773x689, 377K)

is the A class freighter a scout ship?

It was a decoy ship carrying a experimental cloaking device, a hold full of TIE fighters and a bunch of stolen Mole Miners

Umbara
Seeing an entire Cato Neimoidian city get its supports blown and collapse. Maybe he was even on it.

>Mole Miners

Attached: BEHOLD THE UNDERMINER.jpg (1200x800, 75K)

Peoples interpretations of sci-fi and its technology are always interesting

Attached: 2018 no landspeeder.jpg (634x881, 118K)

Imperial Venator, Rebel Assault Frigate MkI boxed with U-Wings, go go

What's the smallest ship a party could feasibly live in? How does a blastboat compare to something like a firespray or Sugi's ship from TCW?

Attached: 27d7416b018ed629fefeab2969103be3.jpg (498x887, 85K)

just as a sidenote, the FFG presentation itself isn't for like, another 3 hours

hour and a half famalam

If anyone is getting an Epic ship it's Scum, considering they only have the C-ROC while the other factions have two.

Z-95 Headhunter with extra fuel drop bods converted to single person sleeping bod (preferably with life support). The plasteel coffin is the most efficient way to house full party on shoestring budget. This coffin can also function as orbital drop bod for daredevils, adding some way to slow down enough is recommended.

>Headhunter with pods attached to it
Holy shit that sounds like an absolute claustrophobic nightmare. Imagine your pilot being in a dogfight while you're stuck in one of those.

Party members can also act as screaming, terrified gun pods.

Attached: 1512071727578.jpg (596x393, 22K)

I think a three person party could live out of the blastboat or firespray, but it wouldn't be comfortable. you'd want to be landed as much as possible so you could camp next to it

>camping innawoods on some weird alien planet around your landed firespray
>wouldn't be comfortable

With a bit of redecorating a Lambda could be made into a small flying one room apartment

One Shot Podcast has their PCs in a Blastboat IIRC, though I do remember it being a bit roomier than the average deckplan would imply (kitchenette, escape pod/closet, etc).

If the party consists of clowns, an A-wing or R-22 Spearhead also works.

What about one of these?

Attached: Sentinel_negvv.png (1184x864, 787K)

youtu.be/vkpql_O7VHk

Someone is already bombarding the normies with Sienar Spice Memes.

I presume he meant the times where you COULDN'T land and camp.

I read
>Hiller's Aerial Sedan
as
>Hitler's Aerial Sedan
Took me a second to realize i didn't actually miss the most awesome history class ever.

The legends version in your pic or the canon version that's just a slightly overweight Lambda?

Because the Legends Sentinel is BIG.
Are you a bad enough commando to steal Hitler's Aerial Sedan?

Attached: SentinelDeckLabel_0.jpg (1400x1000, 261K)

>"You can see Laura Dern say 'pew' when she fires the gun, which she could never not do every time she shot it."
Holdo may be Holdo, but Dern sounds fun.

Attached: HondoSemiSpeechless.gif (245x200, 623K)

Holy shit that's fucking huge
I was under the impression it was more of a wider shuttle, not a warehouse

>Wolfenstein: The New Order (MachineGames, 2014)

I was thinking Korean and Vietnam war air med evac pods on helicopters and they were supposed to be extremely terrifying trips to experience.

Had a good laugh out of this, thanks user.

Disney version cuts away almost half the cargo area, so you could do a quick MSPaint hack if you don't want your players to fly around is a space barn

Those fuel tanks seem really, really small.

Best nucanon change since deleting the suncrusher. I'm actually still in awe about how ridiculously spacious that thing is.

Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction

Attached: Battlevision.jpg (1733x1300, 687K)

Eh I disagree, I like the Large Sentinels as platoon+ support transports.

Canon at least gave them a rear facing gun like the Lambda (Just on the back below the wing.) that was one small improvement.

Attached: lambda sized sentinel.jpg (999x561, 82K)

That honestly just sounds like Holdo's characterization in Princess of Alderaan. She's way more fun there.

Attached: Holdo's true power.jpg (4096x987, 272K)

Alright I changed my mind now that just looks way too small. Decisions decisions...

>Hitler's Aerial Sedan
The Iron sky saucer ships could be good...

There's all kinds of weird shit a military will adopt that was completely infeasible 30 years ago, then 20 years ago later its into select use, another 10 and its beginning to go mainstream.

Attached: Iron Sky saucer.jpg (1920x1080, 604K)

Or the reverse. A lot of military subs use xbox controllers for unmanned vehicles and submarine periscopes because a lot of people in the military's age demographic already know how to use them and they're way cheaper than specialized equipment.

>xbox controllers
>not fight sticks
Fucking casuals. Meanwhile, in Shadaloo

Attached: m bison fight stick.png (1065x458, 825K)

Basically, think boats- a 40ft yacht can hold 4 people no problems, but after a week or two its not pleasent
>dont ask me how I know
Likewise, people will live in all sorts of ungodly things like submarines but they're a special kind of weirdo that does it regularly

Yeah I think the link between user and tech interfaces has come a long way, back in the olde timey days people adapted to use equipment, whereas now there is quite a bit of effort going into making things work via usability studies. Mobile phones being some outrageously powerful little devices for what they are and a prime example.

>dont ask me how I know
Swinging related misadventure?

Attached: 00.jpg (1024x656, 84K)

This is now a mando thread

Attached: 00.jpg (960x746, 109K)

Attached: 00.png (2518x1024, 431K)

Which of the various types of light freighters would a party be most likely to run across? I'm assuming it's one of the YT ships, but are there specific models that are more common that others?

Attached: YT2400schematics-SS.png (1069x1345, 595K)

Nothing so exciting, more a case of having 4 people and only 1 knows what the fuck they're doing with a boat. So that made for a very long 2 weeks of just hard slog with none of the other 3 having any aptitude to learn, along with the fact somehow none of them knew really how to cook very well either.
Basically knowing what to do with a boat has been the bane of my life, if someone ever offers you the chance how to learn- just say no.

Attached: Tatooine.png (1382x589, 604K)

The YT-1300 is pretty common, along with the older but even more rugged YG-4210

Attached: YG-4210 Hi-Rez.jpg (1600x873, 534K)

I just had a possibly stupid thought. So in one of the Wraith Squadron books, they steal a corvette that had been modified to turn it into a pocket carrier. Because of design of ties, they require a lot of hanger space, so the wraiths modified it a bit more to replace some of the escape pods with ties, and made more room in the hanger for their xwings. I thought about doing something similar with awings. Modify the pod slots so that you can put the wings into them, so that the entire flight or squadron doesn't have to risk trying to exit a single bay in succession. With how small they are compared to ties and xwings, I'd suspect you could fit a few more fighters in the corvette, and if you do it right, nobody would notice unless they're personally inspecting the hull

Good lord the /co/ star wars general is a shitshow. I poked my head in there and it's a flaming garbage heap.

YZ775. She's the best ship you'll ever see, and used by more than just scummy smugglers and tramp freighters.

How is it more of a dumpster fire?
And is it more of a dumpster fire than Veeky Forums on a bad day, compared to the rest of /co/, /v/ tier? How bad are we talking?

Karen Traviss is history's greatest monster

You know that guy who pops in here sometimes who replies to 20 people at once and just says "not an argument."?
Everyone on that thread is that guy. It's all just arguing about TLJ's box office and reception. that sort of thing.

Why the hell does Stefan Molyneux even come to Veeky Forums?

Attached: Molyneux Wars.png (939x1195, 901K)

Metastasized /pol/

Eh. I very much enjoyed RepComm despite some clear flaws, but everything she wrote outside of that is cancer

Attached: gladimando.png (796x606, 1.06M)

Has there been justification for the hyperspeed ramming yet?

>First post is literally just "no".
At least they're being upfront.

Attached: Obi Wan something terrible.gif (480x206, 656K)

"Phased shields", or something, I forget the term. The First Order's shields have millisecond intervals where they're not active. Of asspulls to justify shit it's not the worst, but it's still terrible

/co/ was always gullible and easy to bait but now its a dumping ground for /tv/ shitposting so retards can squeeze a bit more from their shitty memes.

Attached: Star-Wars-Han-Solo-in-Carbonite-Pop-Tarts.jpg (630x500, 262K)

>millisecond intervals where they're not active
The absolute state of ST-era shipbuilding.

Attached: laughing warspite.png (265x319, 157K)

Snoke was stupid enough to put the ship in harm's way?

That's about the best one I've come up with so far.

Panel just started. Talking about Legion at the moment.

Can I watch this somewhere?

It only worked because Hux was an arrogant ass that told his gunners to ignore the ship until he saw it aimed at him.

"We want to focus on what you see in the core trilogy first"

Search for "Sentry Box" on Facebook. Spamfilter won't let me link it.

>actually like cartoons and comics
>can't get any value out of the entire forum

Hell, I like tv shows too, but that's literally the lowest form of life crawling around there shrieking like fucking morons.
There needs to be a final solution to /co, /pol and /tv

Attached: Tap Tap.jpg (425x312, 34K)

This desu.

Alright FFG should be presenting, let's all stay alert for news.

Nothing new announced for Legion

"Commanders in Legion are really what give armies their personality". Moving on to Arkham Horror now, nothing new from Legion (no surprise there).

just final solution the whole website desu, I won't pretend we're worth saving

don't worry, I'll post any juicy bits

To clarify, they are onto Arkham now

Legion just had like, two announcements in less than a week, so it's fair even if I really, really want them to talk about Scout Troopers.

Destiny up next

Death Troopers or bust

Oh shit I wonder if this will make it into X-Wing

The Lego version was dope af

Davy confirmed Scouts back at like the Gencon announcement, so I reckon they'll be a mite sooner, but I personally think anything which has been on a screen in canon should probably appear for sure.

Says they didn't even come close to anticipating Destiny's popularity. It's now their single largest team.

The s-foils do open/close on the new X-Wing models. (Don't remember if we knew that or not.)

But that's the end of the presentation, nothing new to announce. Taking questions now.

>The s-foils do open/close on the new X-Wing models
So, just the Partisan models, then