/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
Solaris VII, Choose Your Fighter! edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2018-03-10 - Still getting worked on & now has 32336 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2018-02-28!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Attached: 47f8f7da76bc87a75af9eeca44ad4760740485f6.jpg (935x1085, 559K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alphastrikepfaust.blogspot.com/2017/08/more-news-from-gencon.html
heavygauss.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I miss Solaris back I'm

Solaris 7?

I CHOOSE WIZARD!

Attached: bt magic atlas.jpg (600x648, 59K)

Is MWO:Solaris going to be gud?

MWO
good
pick one.

Attached: I choose rapture.jpg (807x288, 35K)

I'm gonna pick MWO. It might be shit but I still enjoy it somewhat.

Is there like a page or wiki where I can look at all the minis for this game? Not like a paint showcase, but just a catalog of the various mechs and what their ingame counterparts look like.

Did they ever figure out what was going on with that plot-breaking walk-on Spectre? And where the hell did he get all those mechs?

Your best bet really is Camospecs. There is nowhere that has official art side-by-side with the minis that I am aware of. You can check IWM's catalog for the minis themselves and Camospecs for most minis painted up.

Iron Wind Metals maybe?

Not really. There's just so many. Some machines have four or five separate sculpts over the years. I'm not even counting variants, just the same damn one. Some are different scales. Some are fanmade or repurposed from their original franchises.

There's over 1500 separate kinds, easily.

But this guy has the most complete answer because they tell you model and IWM catalog number. Though it's only stuff that's not unseen and there's none of the oddball scales.

Use sarna for the TRO pictures.

Attached: index.jpg (388x317, 31K)

COMSTAR DID NOTHING WRONG STOP THE BULLYING

You mean real ComStar, not FochtStar, right?

Attached: Comstar.jpg (1152x864, 177K)

I, I just get the feeling they monitor all the messages I pay to send to the "enemies" of the Suns. I mean, how interested could they get in all those cat pictures?

How did the Word of Blake manage to do so well or get support anyways? People might not have liked Comstar but they weren't literally terrorists destroying shit on a jihad like the Blakeists. HPGs don't produce mechs.

The billion factories on Terra do produce mechs though. Turns out, those are helpful when it comes to making an army.

Exterminating the clans was quite appealing

The WoB took over the HPG net in the FWL and CC and used the funds on mechs

Attached: 1485916331429.png (640x120, 120K)

How does mech production work anyways? Isn't like 99% of factories under control of the houses who would be unwilling to sell them to others? Is your only hope to get a mech if you're not part of a houses is to salvage one on the field?

Attached: WoB.jpg (594x789, 45K)

>manage to do so well or get support anyways

Same way old Comstar did. Recruit from the core worlds in the ruins of the Hegemony where people hate the great houses and from the Periphery where life is shit comparatively and Comstar is the Catholic missionaries of the frontier, bringing technology, medicine and education and a way out.

I'm sure you guys have discussed this to death, but:

alphastrikepfaust.blogspot.com/2017/08/more-news-from-gencon.html

Major arms manufacturers like EarthWerks, Starcorp and so on are, to a certain extent, extranational powers. Their facilities are built on planets owned by the Houses, yes, but all that means is that whoever owns the planet the factory is on gets rights of first-refusal on whatever is built there. If the planet's ownership changes, the factory keeps running and the new-build units just go into the hands of the new faction.
Hell, given the desperate straits of most militaries by the end of the Fourth Succession War, I wouldn't be surprised if the major arms companies basically made deals with their 'home' House long ago, to the effect of "we may be building Design X for you at Factory Y on Planet Z, but that doesn't give you *any* say in what our Factory A on Planet B builds for Faction C. And if you start acting like it does, you might find we have some 'problems' supplying Unit X to you until you pull your head in."

>4 and a half to 8 years in training
>plus gunslinger program
Jesus christ I'm imagining skeletons in the classrooms since everyone died of old age before even finishing training and going on their first deployment.

Attached: sldf training.jpg (1443x910, 753K)

But we'll have those guys just get out and run around with guns sometimes. Effective use of personnel.

Compared to the functional levy troops of the Houses at the time, the SLDF was the cream of the crop because their troops were actual soldiers.

>defense force
>actually conquers and forces others to join the Star League
Americans, everyone.

>Americans, everyone.

Makes sense. Star League were the unmitigated good guys of their setting, and likewise so are Americans.

When was the last time the US annexed something?

Honestly that sounds more like the UK

Does that mean we'll all be furries in a couple hundred years?

Why wait?

Only if you join the army when it flies to the moon.

I mean if being a furry lets me become a mechwarrior then it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Hit up Dave Fanjoy's gallery. He's got the most complete listings for the Unseen, and although he's got some holes, and his stuff is also painted, it's waay better organized than Camo Specs or IWM.
heavygauss.com/

What are some good starter mechs for my first run in MekHQ? I want to work my way upwards.

If you're new to battletech/mechwarrior I would say a lance of like 3 mediums 1 heavy or 2 mediums 2 heavies would be alright. 3025 would be a good date to start. Wolverine 6M is a solid medium mech in my opinion. If you want you can just roll a RAT to create a lance/company for you.

I'm interested in Battletech but have no idea where to start. I watched a lore video and it seems really interesting but the setting has enough fiction to fill a library, where should I start?

Succession Wars. Maybe read a synopsis on each of the houses then the one you like the most read up more on and learn what mechs they use. Theres also the books like Decision at Thunder Rift.

>If you want you can just roll a RAT to create a lance/company for you.
I read something about this in the pdf starter guide but I couldn't find a way to do it in the program.

Attached: 1520112878867.png (800x448, 595K)

under manage campaign click GM tools. If you have GM mode on (which you should) at the bottom of the window that pops up is a RAT roller. The year is automatic, just select the faction, probably merc, and then set quality to C and then weight class then hit add random unit to roll and add a unit to your hangar. "Roll for RAT" just tells you a random unit, you have to hit "add random unit" for it to roll + put in your hangar.

Attached: gm tools.jpg (1376x569, 127K)

Danke, senpai. Have a moose.

Attached: moose_2015_01.jpg (1200x616, 91K)

Attached: BT2018.jpg (1336x752, 189K)

>tfw no Clanner GF

Attached: smoke_jaguar_elemental_by_colbystevenson-davt7t0.jpg (1519x2400, 1.62M)

I thought clanners had Lostech jumpsuits

>I mean if being a furry lets me become a mechwarrior
Fuck, that's one hell of a tough choice.

On one hand, you become a fucking furry. On the other, holy shit battlemechs.

Nope. That mesh is their advanced cooling suit which works better and a million times more fetishy. Star League style suits are for the elite forces of the IS. The Kuritans especially as they were the ones who invented the things in the first place.

In effect, or officially?

Yeah, I found official fishnet art after posting that.

Attached: why;.gif (384x216, 1.97M)

>dat buff Awesome

Attached: seal of approval.jpg (883x877, 149K)

Is... is that a Battlemaster?
Be still, my heart.

thisisbait.webm

>muh Dispossessed

Scratch what I said earlier, it's flat-out moronic canon.

>dat battlemaster
>dat awesome
>dat catapult
Oh me, oh my...

Can I be a scaly instead? Getting full body lice sounds horrible, even if I do get a mech out of the deal.

they don't have lice shampoo in the future?

Even if its curable, I'd rather not get them in the first place.

I don't understand what's going on. Why won't the game let me fight? It says that if I advance the day, I'm in breach of contract.

Attached: why are you like this, game.png (1388x893, 69K)

>Kerensky didn't throw everything away. He fought a big war and left the little that could be saved with Blake.
>He left

The only reason so little could be saved is because he left. Blake literally got the scraps of units who didn't want to leave.

>It's a literary trick. They don't have to write it out explicitly.
Well in that case it's just a literary trick that "Jessica Marik" was a Blakist clone of "Thomas Marik"'s daughter. You can make up whatever you want and say it's just a literary trick. Fact is, there's no evidence that Kerensky had any kind of info from the Bright Star, and plenty to show that they had no idea where they were going. And if he did know it makes his handling of the Prinz Eugen mutiny even more monstrous.

>If three House Lords were even remotely amenable to working together, why did they throw such a powerful army away? Kerensky wasn't refusing to work for them, and he'd need their help to rebuild the Hegemony.

Because as we're shown, Kerensky is a total failure of a leader. It's clear that he was a figurehead propped up by de Chevalier et al. and not actually good for anything on his own. Remember, they didn't kick him out and start fighting immediately. Kerensky was the de facto leader of the Star League but he did nothing for a year. Then the House Lords saw what a useless bitch he was and then another year after that with him still doing fuck-all they dissolved the Council of Lords.

Even at the time it was openly acknowledged that it would have been possible for the SLDF to depose any or all of the Lords. While I think it's dumb, it is stated that the SLDF was massively superior even after the war.

Let's not forget that as soon as the Exodus fleet got the Pentagon worlds they had their own mini-Succession War. And Kerensky bitched out of that too.

tl;dr Kerensky got by on his personal charisma and ideals, but in action was simply a figurehead for more competent men. So basically he's Hitler to Amaris' Stalin.

>It's clear that if you disregard everything ever written about Kerensky, I'm right and everyone else is wrong.

Oh, good. I'm so glad you're back with more high-quality posts.

>I'm BTFO but I'll try to hide it behind sarcasm

No, you're just a literal fucking retard. Kerensky explicitly left because he knew he couldn't hold the SLDF together. Even without the House Lords around he couldn't keep the SLDF together, if he'd stayed it would have imploded in six months or less.

But of course canon is less important than your ability to REEEEE across multiple threads. So go your hardest.

Well you did try to hit him with the "literary trick" so he could say some of the things written about Kerensky are just literary tricks.

>I'l try to disprove a hypothetical about what a useless piece of shit Kerensky is by talking about what a useless piece of shit he was

lol

>Even without the House Lords around he couldn't keep the SLDF together, if he'd stayed it would have imploded in six months or less.

lolwut

So first your argument was he couldn't because the House Lords were stealing the SLDF out from under him, but now even without them the whole thing would fall apart?

This is battletech, of course they don't. You're lucky if plain soap isn't lostech.

>left because he knew he couldn't hold the SLDF together.
>80% of it followed him on the Exodus

Really gets the noggin joggin

Switch to the TO&E tab and make sure an applicable lance is actually deployed onto the mission, once it is, go back to the briefing room and select start mission.

What happened in the Pentagon, again?

He was losing regiments at a time. There was no way he could sustain it forever, if he'd stayed it would have crumbled. He left before he bled too many troops and made the first SWs more destructive than they already were.

None of this is a mystery. It's always been clearly written since the game first had fluff.

If you want to spazz about how you're a smarter writer then feel free, I can't stop you. I can sit here think "what a complete gibbering fucktard," and ignore it. You're still not going to be right.

God forbid anyone try to actually discuss hypotheticals, reconcile fluff contradictions, or do anything other than lap up the latest retcons.

>What happened in the Pentagon, again?
Several million soldiers were told they couldn't be soldiers anymore and had to take up other, lesser trades. After wearing 'khaki halos' for so long, all those troopers resented being dumped into lower-status careers and tried to reclaim their former 'honour'. Their former nationalities were simply justifications, convenient pre-existing fracture lines that charismatic former-officers used to form their own factions. After that, all it took was an argument between two or more of those leaders - more likely over turf or resources than "dirty dumb [X] scum!" - and a few guns to kick off the Exodus Civil War.

And that's why I find it retarded that Focht when hearing that WoB had taken over Terra, didn't sent Comguard armies to take it back, just going "Eh we can survive without it", especially when he had fought largest battle ever fought in IS just to keep Clans off Terra barely 6 years earlier.

>But we'll have those guys just get out and run around with guns sometimes. Effective use of personnel.

That would be later date, around late 3rd Succession War, when mechs where becoming rather more rare than they where back in the Star League Era which the picture is talking about.

At the time, Terra wasn't honeycombed with factories. It just had the Nexus, Raijin, Grim Reaper and Pike. The real crown jewel was at Titan, which ComStar kept for a while.

It's only when CGL needed to explain WoB numbers thanks to the Jihad going off the railes with clicky-tech that Terra was retconned to having a million billion hih-output factories. Before that its value really was mostly symbolic.

That's one of the special missions AtB throws at you sometimes. Those will allow you to choose your force you want to deploy into the fight.

I remember reading from even earlier lore that Terra had quite a few of mech factories, but as Comstar didn't really need all of them active apart from few to keep their mech forces intact, they where mostly mothballed, for the eventual day when Comstar would take over IS.

So you can see why I don't really buy that Focht didn't know what sort of industrial pearl he was throwing away to his enemies. It just comes off as Focht holding an Idiot Ball because plot demands it.

Pure motherfucking magic, basically

Where is that from?

>What happened in the Pentagon, again?

You're the one saying that first it was the Lords then citing an example of how Kerensky had everything go to shit. Make up your mind.

He was losing regiments at a time. There was no way he could sustain it forever, if he'd stayed it would have crumbled. He left before he bled too many troops and made the first SWs more destructive than they already were.

The whole point is about how his failure to lead is what put him in that position. It took two years of him doing fuck all for some of the troops to start thinking about taking other jobs. He undertook Operation Exodus the same time as the first unit left. And he got 80% or more to go with him so clearly "Muh SLDF was falling apart" doesn't make sense even then.

> Jaguar gf

Attached: sm-20855-fishnet-body-stocking_a1.jpg (1200x1200, 140K)

Pretty sure Jags have been gene-engineered not to suffer from pancake ass

They look great and all, but what about the Scorpion and Goliath?!
Or the rest of the Ostmechs (god knows those things could use a facelift)

Nobody gives a fuck about Quadmechs, atleast nobody that matters in CGL.

There is an image of an Ostscout Shimmy did, which is part of the set he made for the new mechs. So that would indicate CGL might have had plans for Ostcout to be made aswell but the Harmony Gold lawsuit scared them away.

Attached: 3025-Ostscout-Classics.png (786x900, 276K)

>Quadmechs
Why though?

Is there an option I can tick in mektek/hq where only one unit can occupy one hex? If so, where is it exactly?

Why not?

Earlier lore also explained Terra has massive mothballed factories the WoB was reactivating.

Earliest indications that Terra had more than the three 'Mech lines Focht was writing off don't come until TR 3067.

Well, THAT'S just rude.

Also, i'm well aware of the Ostscout, hence "THE REST OF THE OSTMECHS"

>tfw

Attached: Smoke Jaguar.webm (640x800, 547K)

>musclefags

Pls go fap to your repressed homosexuality elsewhere

Sounds like someone's insecure about their body.

>I know, I'll try accusing them of insecurity, that's a good trick

I don't care what you fap to, just do it before checking Veeky Forums

You think liking what's on that webm is gay?

Woooo, someone's defensive.

Where is that from and where can I see more of her?

Either