Present to me your craziest alt-history scenario

Present to me your craziest alt-history scenario

no /pol/

Attached: asdghjkk.jpg (672x511, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

historynet.com/sir-thomas-cochrane-the-british-naval-officer-who-proposed-saturation-bombing-chemical-warfare-during-the-napoleonic-wars.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HARDMODE:

No "Nazi victory" or "Rome in modern era"

The Sahara is a savannah

But user, that's the entire alt-history genre

America never enters WW2 and the Soviets take over all of Europe. Guess that's not really crazy.

You forgot Confederates Win, Confederates Win But It's Black Confederates, and Britons Conquer Rome

>craziest alt-history scenario

World War II but the French won and now rule the world.

If fantasy stuff is allowed I thought Glen Cook's Instrumentalities of the Night series had a really cool premise, it's just a really dense, dry read for most of it.

Basically identical to 1200s or so Europe extending out to Turkey, but everything past that is a frozen wasteland and the ice is coming in. The gods are all real but they're like shadow demons or something, and everyone lives in fear of the creatures of the Night. They're vulnerable to silver but a silver sword is hopeless against anything but the very weakest of them, but then a janissary in a moment of desperation loads up their experimental cannon with silver coins and blows one the fuck away.

And the premise is that the entire hierarchy of life on earth has just been thrown into disarray because any dick with a big enough gun can kill God. But it's so bogged down in history (which is basically identical to real history but with all the proper nouns changed to make it extra hard to parse) that it's a chore to read.

>Pontius Pilate decides to spare Jesus, denying his chance at martyrdom and preventing the creation of Christianity.
>Ming dynasty eunuch explorer Zheng He discovers North America and convinces the government to thoroughly explore the New World 200 years before it's discovery by the West.
>Ghengis Khan decided to finish conquering Europe before returning to Mongolia.

Joan of arc pulls a Jesus and survives the burning at her witch trial. The snowball effects this cannot be understated. Joan doesn’t die a martyr but becomes a full blown Virgin Mary like figure.

A

Napoleonic Wars with dinosaur mounts, Franz Ferdinand never gets assassinated, Constantine never concerts the Roman Empire to Christianity, Berlin gets nuked during WW2.

the bay of pigs invasion is successful, and a US friendly government is installed in Cuba.

No Cuban missile crisis happens

No idea what the ramifications of this would be though

These are good I demand more

>Napoleonic Wars with dinosaur mounts

This exists already.

Attached: temeraire.jpg (500x318, 40K)

That back-cover write up is a goddamn roller coaster and I love it.

Here's some book recs:

Voyage- Kennedy survives his assassination attempt and pushes the space program to Mars
The Alteration - The Protestant Reformation never happens, Martin Luther reconciles with the Catholic church and becomes pope
The Iron Dream - Hitler's political career fails. He emigrated to the United States and becomes a science fiction writer
The Yiddish Policemen's Union - The post Kristallnacht proposal to set aside land in the Alaskan panhandle for Jewish refugees is actually implemented. The state of Israel is attempted but fails within a decade
The Years of Rice and Salt - The black death wipes out 99% of Europe, leaving the Chinese and the Ottomans to carve up Europe and the New World.

Attached: heavy combat.png (1024x768, 1.07M)

Attached: ghandi.jpg (1585x1321, 2.32M)

Cheese and hairy women everywhere.

Pavane is a beautifully-written forgotten classic. Not exactly crazy but still consequential:

>Catholicism remains the main religion in England

>cover by Ian Miller, which warhamfags should appreciate

Attached: download.jpg (302x475, 88K)

>Cortez fails to fully imprison Moctezuma II within his own home and he escapes, warning the citizenry of Tenochitlan of the Spaniard's treachery. Cortez and his men make a valiant effort but are slain as the city lays seige to their own palace.
>The Aztecs take the guns, horses, and amor from the Conquistadors and begin to drive them out.
>They repel further spanish interests, and with word spreading between the tribes of the danger, the Inca tenuously prevent civil war in time to fight off Pizzaro.
>Word spreads back to Europe, and after attempts at reconquest and exploration become too costly, they abandon the effort.
>Left in relative isolation, South and Central America being to reverse-engineer the gear and wreckage the conquistadors have left, and the new presence of horses, dogs, and a more controlled exposure to European diseases lessens the absurdly high death total caused by smallpox.
>With only mythology to contextualize the sudden onset of the Conquistadors and their hostile intentions proven, the Aztecs start to believe the white men to be servants of Coyolxauqui and her Centzon Huitznahuas, seeking to bring about the end of the world by slaying them and starving Hutizilopotchli, based on their moon-white complexion.

>When Spain attempts a return nearly half a century later, it is a very different Aztec Empire they face.

>As a secondary note, the tales of brutal slaughter from down south turn skittish the english colonists, postponing Jamestown and leaving the early North American colonies realtively small.

Attached: Aztec Serpent by Boris Vallejo.jpg (745x1015, 101K)

Drakka

Attached: the_domination__again__by_goliath_maps-d5s1zxo.png.jpg (1269x630, 101K)

>No idea what the ramifications of this would be though

Probably not much, except replace the authoritarian communist government with an authoritarian right wing military dictatorship. No trade embargo either, but that mostly affects just Cuba. Marxist-Lenninist third worldism might be a bit different with Guevara getting taken out a few years early but I don't see that spiraling out very far in terms of actual geopolitical outcomes.

I guess the effects of the operation being successful on the Kennedy admin might make some differences though, but I have no idea what those might be.

An angry mob would have probably killed him anyways

>Antibiotics are discovered either much sooner or later depending on what you're looking for.
>Da Vinci decides to sell out and becomes a dedicated weapons engineer
>Native Americans manage to successfully fend off the colonists from Europe. The New World is largely ignored from then on. Applies to Spanish conquistadors as well.
I actually have a copy of this in storage, I haven't read it yet but I'm pretty sure it's horrible.

Aliens invade Earth during the stone age, uplift us, and everyone thinks we're too retarded to have ever progressed without their aid. Story follows Genghis Khan, made commander of the 5th Human Armored Division during the Mars Riots.

Id buy a copy.

>Israel, virtually untouched in a world ravaged by war

But HOW?!

If Bay of Pigs is successful the Soviets are under harsh pressure to retaliate. Berlin is a probable scenario.

Kennedy now trusts the military (IOTL his trust eroded after the Bay of Pigs foasco) and we are bound for nuclear war. Its still not 100% certain but more likely.

Given the nuclear weapons available at the time Eastern Europe+ Russia gone. The West is wrecked and Japan, Australia and China are the top dogs.

GG Kangaroo Anime I guess?...

Who would trust the arabic countries with nukes?

In a world of post-nuclear Chaos, why haven't they been invaded by their numerous border-enemies, though?

You don't need nukes to Zapp Brannigan your way through Israel's small arms.

>In the spring of 1864, vast deposits of gold are discovered west of the Klondike River, deep within Russian territory.
>Still embroiled in a civil war and reeling from massive draft riots, the United States government is unable to materially respond as a British expeditionary force lays siege to Sitka and attempts to seize control of the Alaskan territory.
>Emboldened by the opportunity to bolster his nation's ailing finances, Alexander II mounts a massive volunteer defense of Russian Alyaska by mobilizing throughout the frontier and across the Bering Strait.
>Despite a decisive Union victory in 1865, the newly reconstituted United States can only secure the northern border as a fierce bush war rages between Russian frontiersman and British filibusters.
>With their political concerns drawn away to Alaska, France feels confident challenging the U.S. through their continued military support of the Second Mexican Empire. Juarez rebels are slowly but steadily pacified during a grueling guerrilla war.
>As the British war machine lumbers into action in 1866 and successfully stages itself in Canada, diplomatic relations between America and Britain swiftly deteriorate as Washington fears imperial designs on North America.
>In a stunning policy reversal on the continent, Britain withdraws aid from the Prussian confederation in exchange for a French military intervention in Texas after a series of bloody border skirmishes.
>Russia responds by bulwarking the Austrians and forming a loose entente with American forces.
>by mid 1867, a massive war is raging up the entire western seaboard of North America. French and British troops clash with the Federal military alongside scattered Confederados, while the Russian military slowly pours onto the continent via ambitious naval landings from the far east.

Could be something if Cuba was used as a staging ground for further expansionism to South America and the success of the Bay of Pigs gave the US the confidence to do so.

Veeky Forums's Occult Post-Civil War game where the Confederacy wins by making a deal with a devil that fucks EVERYTHING up.

Because the middle east hates each other as much as they hate Israel. Early on in the immediate postwar period the players were mainly Jordan and Egypt, but today, Iraq, Iran, the Saudis, Jordan, and Turkey all have interests in the region. Not to mention Israel has nukes.

Jordan always dealt with Israel under the table, so it's quite satisfied with Israel, and Egypt has essentially worked with Israel since Sadat.
Turkey and Israel were close allies due to NATO/US relationships. The Saudis are in a similar situation.
1999 Lebanon was (and honestly still is) a mess following the civil war. Hezbollah is actually very impressive for a paramilitary group in terms of its performance against the IDF, but even their members have admitted that they wouldn't stand much chance attacking Israel.
That leaves Iran, Iraq and Syria, only two of which border Israel, two of whom would rather ally with Israel than help the other (Israel supported Iran during the Iran-Iraq War), and none of which realistically have a chance of beating the IDF.

If a world nuclear war started most of the middle eastern nations would be more interested in knocking each other's shitty semifeudal arab militaries out than challenge a modern, partially US-armed Israel with nukes.

I have a copy too. I scanned it to post here.

...I haven't read it either.

>Aztecs become Independence Day the movie
I like it.

Are those books any good? I've eyed them at the store, but I've been hesitant to pull the trigger.

Let's see you call me a savage when I've got a temple sized cannon built in the image of a god.

>WWI by 1870

mite b cool

Sounds awesome. Don't see how america/russia/austria could possibly win though

>Napoelon is born a decade earlier
>Participates in the American Revolution, becomes a hero to Americans like laffayette
>Is able to establish very favorable ties with the Americans when he become emperor

How would this change history, if at all

Crazy?
That is more retarded than it is crazy.

just try wearing an angry mob around your neck. his proper execution is pretty symbolically central to the whole thing.

Lies and misinformation.

Attached: peshawar_lancers_5964.jpg (300x391, 108K)

that book was pol as fuck

>awww man, you're sweating like a nigger!
>from the black guy
>white dude cracks his sides

On the surface, I respect the reason for writing the Drakka: "Dammit, the bad guys always lose. That's boring. What if the bad guys won on occasion".

In practice, though, I hate the Drakka, because the only way they're able to win is because of the good guys are continuously handed the idiot ball.

Basic shit, but still one of my favorites

>United States allows Jewish refugees fleeing Nazis to form a microstate in Alaska
>Muh six million is only muh two million as most of Europe's Jews bail the fuck out before the Shoah can happen
>Israel collapses under Arab assault due to lacking a large enough core of holocaust survivors and other traumatized European Jews who would stop at nothing to defend themselves
>Jews and Indians clash over ownership of territory around Sitka throughout the social upheaval of the sixties. FBI COINTELPRO operatives play both sides.

Fast forward to the modern day
>All organized crime in Sitka is controlled by a gang of Orthodox Jews called the "black hats", who string eruv around their neighborhoods so they can carry concealed weapons on the Sabbath
>A secret alliance between Zionists and Evangelical Christians is plotting to take Jerusalem back from the Arabs, return the Chosen People to the Holy Land and preempt the Second Coming. They spent millions of dollars breeding the red heifer whose birth is supposed to signal the end times.

The protagonist is a detective who calls his gun a "sholem" (Yiddish for "peace"). His partner and best friend is an enormous half-Tlingit Jew who intimidates suspects with a warhammer, which he made from a chunk of meteoric iron and a baseball bat.

Attached: Yiddish-.jpg (1063x1600, 448K)

It's 40k-style crazy

>Israeli centurion and Sherman tanks with laser guns fight Texas rebels dressed as Indians on horseback
>Ireland gets nuked by UK

highly interested in this, got anything more?

It could potentially change the course of African independence movements, as Cubans played no small part in helping out the various Communist-aligned rebels on the continent.

Attached: rhodesian_greys_scout_mounted.jpg (660x320, 38K)

>Ireland gets nuked by UK
They could probably see the flash of the detonation from Parliament.

Indigenous Americans repelling Spain and the other Europeans has always interested me, but a few anons have already brought that up.

Lately I've been interested in the idea of a world where the Trinity test failed and a land invasion of Japan resulted in the country getting split between a communist half and a western-allied half a la Germany and Korea a few years later. The lack of the threat of atomic annihilation causes both the Americans and Soviets to be a lot bolder in their post-war nation building and eventually a conventional World War III breaks out circa mid-1960s between NATO and the Reds.

And as soon as the war kicks into high gear with millions of soldiers fighting across every continent save Antarctica, both sides work out the kinks with the fission process and then shit REALLY pops off.

>Charles Panzram successfully caused a war between the United State and Britain
>Aum Shinrikyo's sarin gas attack was successful, devastating Japan and instating themselves as the new rulers in order to jumpstart their armagehdon
>North and South America never existed. Columbus hits India successfully and confirms only the Eastern hemisphere exists.
>Spirit Science is 100% accurate

Take solace in that when the Draka finally do lose they lose completely.
>Just as the Draka of the 26th century try to open a stable wormhole to our timeline circa 1994 thousands of american starships from the lost colony in alpha centauri proxima jump out of FTL in the sol system and begin orbital nuclear bombardment of earth and all othher draka colony worlds pretty much ending the domination in minutes only stopping short of complete genocide because they ran out of bombs before warping back home.
>In our timeline following the near invasion and having been given both the Draka's history and access to their advanced technology survivors push human technological development by leaps and bounds and begin the construction of a multiuniversal campaign to hunt down the draka in all potential histories they exist.

Speaking of Jesus.

>The Gods of Jesus, Mohammad, and Constantine are totally separate entities

fun romp nothing srs

Ming Dynasty China embarks on a rapid pace of expansion and maritime exploration in which by the 17th century had begun colonization of North America and Southeast Asia.

Europe advances like history says it will with British colonies and their hard won war gains becoming the American Colonies. American Colonies expand northward and eventually are begun to be referred to as the Dominon of America.

Imperial Chinese colonies spring up around the west coast of the North American continent, clashing with natives, Spanish and Russian explorers. By 1870 the North American continent is comprised of three major entities, Alaska which is under control of the Russian Empire, the Imperial Colonies under Ming China and the newly formed country of the Dominion of America.

Imperial colonies undergo a violent revolution that overthrows the Imperial government and establishes a new country called the United Provinces. Russian Empire sells Alaska to the UP in order to prevent the United Kingdom from taking it via the American territory. The Mexican War begins with the UP taking California (our Baja California) as war spoils. Americans take Texas.

World War One sees Europe down in war. Russia declare for the Allies and send troops to help. Russia experiences a Bolshevik revolution and exits the war in 1916. Imperial China declares for the Allies and the Great War ends in 1919.

Imperial China in 1922 collapses into various warring factions but is reorganized into Nationalist China.

India experiences a major revolution violently throws out the British. Indian revolutionaries declare the establishment of the People's Republic of India. However they only control half of the country and the other half becomes the Republic of India backed by most of the Western Powers.

>>Spirit Science is 100% accurate
Which parts? There is so much and most of it is contradictory as well as insane.

>The ancient Greeks lose their fight for independence and fall to the Achaemenid (Persian) Empire, preventing the founding of Western Civilization as we know it.

>The Persian Empire grows ever larger; taking over the mediterranean basin to the west and India to the east.

>It's only competitor was the Chinese empire, but both are over run by the Mongolians.

>The Mongolian Empire collapses within a few generations, leaving both ancient empires in fragments.

>As the rump empires fight for supremacy on land, the Nordo-Celtic cultures of North Western Europe refine their sailing technology and colonize Iceland, Greenland, and North America (intermarrying with the locals).

>By the "modern" era most of Eurasia is divided among constantly squabbling empires ruled by absolute monarchs, while the white north of Europe and the new world are peopled by free clans whose laws are established by debates in the Althing, not dictated by "Divine Emperors". Vikings rule the seas, while vast slave armies meet in battle every decade or so to redraw the borders of their ruler's Empires.

>100% accurate
>100%
>accurate
Everything

Now that sounds like an amazing concept. A form of human society so incredibly ruthless and dangerous it cannot be allowed to exist in any timeline. What a terrifying idea.

More like old.

It's a book about jewish mercenaries using nuclear-powered, laser-armed Centurion tanks to shoot Texan indipendentists.

It's dumb but taken completely seriously, and the fight scenes are legit good. Like the Heavy Cruiser fight. I mean, it's LASER TANKS shooting a fucking cruiser.

That said, it would also be a dope tabletop scenario: crazy evolution of mid 70ies Cold War equipment with Cuban invasion of the US, China-Soviet warfare and whatever.

part 2

World War 2 begins in 1945 when the Soviet Union launches a massive invasion of Finland and Poland which take both countries by surprise. Britain, France and Italy declare war against the Soviet Union but begins loosing ground.

Nationalist China secretly signs a nonaggression pact with the Soviet Union and begins supplying it with raw materials. However Stalin initiates an invasion of China and brings half of the country to its knees within one year.

The UP enter the war after a major surprise attack by Imperial Japan cripples the UPN's Pacific Fleet at Hawaii.

So it's like World War 2, but aliens invaded.
And our only hope for survival is teenage girls with magic.

Gunpowder is discovered by First Intermediate Period Egypt

Kurt Cobain gets councilling and antidepressants.
Donald Trump funds his grunge army, which raids Boeing and Area 51.
Ultra-conservative England under Queen Diana allies with Mexico to fight the AmereXtreme army at the battle of Woodstock '99.
Nobody cares because Pamela Anderson replaces Patrick Stewart as captain of the Enterprise in Season 9 of TNG and it's all anyone talks about.

There was a series of novels written about a reptilian alien invasion during ww2. I remember seeing it when i was much younger, and never got read them...
Anyone know the books?

Worldwar

>In the early 20th century, mankind has made it's first steps into space. Satellites were launched in the early 20's, with the first lunar expedition at the end of the decade. Now at the beginning of the 1940's there are plans for a international lunar base, and an expedition to explore the edge of our solar system. All of these could not have been made possible without the reverse-engined Martian technology, from that failed invasion at the turn of the last century!

>In this alternate world many things were altered by the War of the Worlds. After the dust settled mankind found they did not have the stomach for world wide conflict anymore and established a league of nations to help with the recovery efforts, and to promote peace. As a result World War I, and World War II did not happen.

>Due to the Martian invasion, nearly every nation on the earth had bits and pieces of their technology. The larger nations pushed their scientists into understanding and reproducing Martian tech. As a result the earth underwent a tremendous technological revolution. Cold fusion, exotic alloys, superconductors, and even primitive computers.

Attached: 1517965300836.jpg (400x400, 82K)

fuck yes that's them

Drakka is fucking terrible.

That's just the Kaiserreich mod.

Sounds fine to me.

after reading the synopsis it sounds boring as shit, but thanks for the knowledge user

>Confederates Win But It's Black Confederates

Attached: 1451268979871.gif (250x250, 1.51M)

Radical.

>Pontius Pilate decides to spare Jesus, denying his chance at martyrdom and preventing the creation of Christianity.

M Y S T E R Y C U L T S

Napoleon wins the battle of Waterloo using a primitive nuclear device.

A small West Virginian town is mysteriously transported to the middle of the 30 years war.

Attached: 1632.jpg (1200x1600, 162K)

>>North and South America never existed. Columbus hits India successfully and confirms only the Eastern hemisphere exists.

Columbus would have run out of provisions and died at sea. He had underestimated the Earth's circumference by about 25% in his calculations.

Truth is stranger than fiction. One British commander of the era wanted to take a decommissioned ship, lay it on its side, and full it to the brim with explosives, chemicals, and rotting cows. The resulting detonation would more or less completely destroy entire square kilometers of countryside. He wanted to use this in a battle. The British high command shut his ass down because it was too insane for them to consider.

historynet.com/sir-thomas-cochrane-the-british-naval-officer-who-proposed-saturation-bombing-chemical-warfare-during-the-napoleonic-wars.htm

Better details here.

I read a story once where atomic bombs were developed in late 18th century using some kind of theoretical radioactive tar. They were too big to use on the open battlefield, but they were the ultimate naval weapon. One small ship could blow up a fleet or an entire port. Napoleon had one smuggled into England to blow up London, but the plot was foiled.

Damn I wish I could remember the name it.

Better yet, America never enters the first world war, peace is made in the spring of 1917, collapse of Russia is possibly averted, fascist Italy is then averted, no Treaty of Versailles = no Nazis, no WW2, no Cold War
I can't even imagine how the 20th century would have played out

No, then.

>Kurt Cobain gets councilling and antidepressants.

How would that stop Courtney Love from murdering him?

the US military manages to get the funds together and adopt lever action guns as the main type of gun used by the military post civil war instead of using muskets

>Soviets take over Europe
Over my dead country

Attached: bij_bolszewika.jpg (551x730, 48K)

Attached: 1506686065411.jpg (615x310, 37K)

A reality show star and real estate huckster becomes president of the United States, derailing the world into chaos and a march to war that will see the human race come to extinction.

George Washington keeps a military dictatorship of the newly minted USA, either ruling as President-for-life, or by maintaining puppets, Salazar-style. Regardless, he retains control of the military and eliminates his former allies like Franklin and Jefferson. Democracy is still seen as a joke at best by the rest of the world.

Australia loses the Second Emu War.

You were kind of fucked already at the time.

>or by maintaining puppets, Salazar-style.
Makes more sense if its Alexander Hamilton.

Likewise Hamilton could have very well made himself king-in-all-but-name if he'd been able to run for office.

Term limits are a 20th century invention, and Hamilton had the wit and the gall to do something like that.

>Democracy is still seen as a joke at best by the rest of the world.
Mother fucker the United Kingdom was a democracy at that point as was Holland, and the French Revolution was predicated on the massive debt the crown went into from funding the American Revolution.

>Voyage
Australians are now second class citizens in their own country which is ruled by a totalitarian emu junta

Mary falls off the donkey on the way to the census

Realizes his self worth.
Marries Shirley Manson.

For some odd reason, bits of that book still stick to memory. Like the all-american cheerleader girl being a deadly snip[er because daddy taught her how to shoot and she felt no problem killing the people she was shooting at because they weren't really people because they were animals.

I'll be damned if I remember the plot though.

Attached: 10403586_10203805356029057_6558230951786818237_n.jpg (537x599, 36K)