EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Bygone Days Edition

Previously:RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
Who was the first commander you ever built? Do you still play them?

Attached: Doran, the Siege Tower_LRW.jpg (488x680, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metamox.com/commander/
metamox.com/tag/mana-rocks/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/beseech-your-queen-11/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-03-18-bantfall/?cb=1521006706
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-03-18-neheb-the-worthy-minotaur-tribal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First was Teysa, Orzhov Scion and she's still my most oppressive and successful deck.

Hey here's another incredibly useful site, you can pull up things like every mana rock ever printed, all the counterspells, every mana ramp card, just about anything you can think of all organized and nice

I think my first commander was dromar the banisher. That deck got robbed from me at gunpoint sadly. No I don't still play it, I think the format has evolved a lot since then. 6 mana elder dragons are not as good as a lot of cheaper commanders nowadays imo, just by virtue of recasting them from command zone through removal

Attached: dromar.jpg (223x310, 27K)

Oloro and no. I know you can't play azorious unless you're a tremendous rager who will psychologically damage your opponents for thinking they can hit you. Its very antifun and makes the game tedious. I still play white and black, I just dont let them touch blue after breya anymore.

whoops forgot to link site
metamox.com/commander/

Nekusar, he's still dicking around. I recently won turn 3, casting show and tell, omniscience, and enter the infinite. Otherwise, it is really weak to damage and enchantment destruction.

this page in particular I have found extremely useful
metamox.com/tag/mana-rocks/

My first was sen triplets. Only lasted a couple weeks.

Who the fuck robbed you at gunpoint for an edh deck? Or did they incidentally take it among other things? Did you lose anything really good?

Locust God

No, it got boring + he's too fragile and the deck sucks when he gets killed

It was incidental, the sad part is the cards probably went right in the trash. They got a laptop, and all my mtg decks at the time
Yeah some really pretty good stuff. I think I had a yawgmoth's will, force of will, lion's eye diamond, wasteland, shit man it's kinda hard to remember all the stuff I had then. Probably would be about 3k now

That fucking sucks. There are some trash human beings out there.

This is sick. Sorry to hear about your stuff getting robbed in the past.

First was horde of notions and I disassembled it long ago

should i sell my phryxian obliterator

Too late bitch

Thanks, I lived in a shitty part of town back then. That was a long fucking time ago, I swear I'm totally over it now. Life is way better :D

but yeah thanks for well wishes

This guy.

No I don't still play him. My deck was shit and was basically "LOL DRAGONS". I sucked at EDH then.

Attached: 117.jpg (312x445, 79K)

Angry Borby. And fuck yeah I do, who doesn't love throwing lands at other people?

>>Thread question
Shu Yun. It was exceptionally bad, he got retired after 2 games.

>blacker lotus
>commander legal

hmm, site needs some work

>Who was the first commander you ever built? Do you still play them?

I honestly can't remember. We bought the first pre-cons...

Was it Krenko? Molimo? I remember being very excited for Shattergang, so I know it wasn't them...

lol well I didn't say it was my site, I can't fix it

It's like any tool, you can use a wrench to tighten a bolt or to knock yourself on the head. what will you do with it

Mono G Omnath
was starting playing mtg, just ramp and big fatties
Nop

should i do it? he's my favorite creature

Attached: 1103356.jpg (265x370, 29K)

Preggo(male) robot is best robot

you just ruined the card

And saved you $80

>favorite creature
>only ~$50 for the masterpiece
Fuck yeah, do it.

>$80
Jesus, where are you buying your cards?

I almost always encourage to pick art over shiny/promo shit, especially considering how foils warp over time

If you like the sad robot or robin williams arts on solemn, just play those imo. Or shit, get a foil version if you have to

Attached: 9906.jpg (417x305, 57K)

I left a filter on tcgplayer that had it artificially jacked up

The first precons were Kaalia, Zedruu, Ghave, Riku and Mimeoplasm

My projects for the rest of the week are sleeving up 3 new decks, and sorting and organizing my collection. Wish me luck

I had to get the masterpiece Hangarback Walker for my deck. The art was just too cool. Fortunately it's ones of the cheaper masterpieces.

I kind of want the wurmcoil too...

Attached: Hangarback Walker_MPSKLD.jpg (488x680, 135K)

Oh, I bought Ghave, I think. And Mimeoplasm later.

But I meant first on my own.

First printing foil is best if you like Jens or even just the sad human face given to a robot.

M12 printing is actually a pretty foil though, the glowing heart in his chest comes out well (I have a copy of this one floating around)

Its hard for me to condone the special borders on masterpieces. They usually clash with the other permanents you have of the same type and don't have great visibility. I have an invocation Consecrated Sphinx and think its one of the few I would purposefully go for since it fits thematically and the art is a clear improvement over the original.

also, this is a eggplant

Attached: eggplant.png (223x311, 136K)

>Advising against an invention, but for an invocation

Attached: LuigiDisgust.jpg (200x186, 7K)

I am against all masterpieces in general, just because of my tism when I see it next to another permanent of the same type and they look so drastically different. With artifacts especially it pains me to run old and new borders since they are so different.

I think that consecrated sphinx is probably the only good invocation, their are a few good inventions though (platinum angel is pretty top tier). I don't really like the expeditions at all, but a lot of that is because I don't like the zendikar "floating rocks" aesthetic, and the other half is that I am sad they didn't go fullart textless for those.

Hey man this is America (or whatever place you're in). You can do what you want

Especially if you like the arts better on hangarback and wurmcoil, and they are fucking sick, if you want the expedition go for it. I just preach don't buy expeditions with inferior art

I agree with everything this user said

Please help

I went to Tuesday night magic tonight with my new queen marchesa deck and got trashed like every game.

What can I do to improve the deck and my game plan

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/beseech-your-queen-11/

Attached: avatar_of_slaughter_by_jasonengle-d3z3snh (1).jpg (1032x774, 181K)

>other half is that I am sad they didn't go fullart textless for those.
>no full art textless godless shrine
only reason I'll never get one, despite the art being fantastic

Why are you running Urborg-Coffers with no big X spells?

stop playing pillow fort

But user, the masterpiece Sol Ring is one of the best looking cards in all of MTG.

why hate?

What should I play then

Pic related. And no, the Shadowborn Apostle meme got old quickly. I'm planning on gutting the deck and using the parts for a creatureless Big Black Deck though.

Attached: Shirei.jpg (223x310, 35K)

user, its not even the best sol ring.

Have you ever seen a foil Tedin sol ring? That shit is beautiful, and uses a superior foiling process.

include a fucking wincon jfc

>playing locust god without counterspell backup
You're supposed to win the turn you play him

>user, its not even the best sol ring.
It is the best Sol Ring.

There's also a huge advantage in the god cards, that you can just return them to your hand instead of going to command zone every time.

So you don't have to win immediately, you can lead him out on 6 (or earlier, with mana rocks) and see what removal he eats, and if he sticks around cast a wheel card

He will still be there later for your turn 8 cast with counter backup or later your cast and win, and he will cost the same. There's like, no downside except exile effects

Not every playgroup plays "I Win," combo, some people are on a more casual win plan. And even so you pick up card advantage if he gets killed

Very true- my playgroup is quite casual, but like this user said the HoU gods are good at fishing removal and staying cheap. I tend to like a large setup before I drop the bug- keep your head low then pop off out of nowhere. Not really sure why LG gets hate on linearity either- I've won many games with many different wincons. Shared animosity, purphoros, kindred discovery into firestorm, throne of the god pharaoh, ashnods and clamp. Shits fun.

Attached: locust.png (745x855, 810K)

>scarab god is the only HoU god I want to build
>$40

Attached: 1504496244469.jpg (400x303, 55K)

>Otherwise, it is really weak to damage and enchantment destruction.
Underrated meme

I run him as a self mill reanimator deck- he is pretty fun. I lucked out when a seller fucked up a month ago and listed a foil as 17$. Probably wait til he rotates, but he is a hilarious deck, especially against other creature based decks.

Attached: scarab.png (744x1039, 1.04M)

I really like the avens in that picture. Gives him a sense of just how fucking tall he is.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-03-18-bantfall/?cb=1521006706

Working on my Derevi Knightfall edh deck, the idea is to keep out the oppressive cards (counters, prison effects, stasis etc) in order to have a deck that the playgroup can't complain about and has some combo potential for playing against 75% decks. Thinking maybe more lands, and wanting to slot in Arcanis and Nezahal. Thoughts/opinions are appreciated, please keep the the Derevi bashing to a minimum, as it doesn't really contribute to the conversation

Attached: 1432191607552.gif (200x233, 998K)

So I was trying to keep it on theme but essentially keeping it on theme would be cool but getting btfo every game isn't. Added some stax effects such as thalia, winter orb, thorn, mindcensor, aura of silence, guardian of thraben. Also upped the tutor count adding gamble andenlightened tutor. Kept powerful effects like grand abolisher and sidisi along with Gisela and elesh norn. Also put in more definable win conditions such as sun titan nim death mantle and maybe mycosynth lattice vandal blast (but that might be too cute), Gisela, hidetsugu etc. Took out excess bulky creatures such as avatar of slaughter dread, orzhov advokist etc. Replace with better board wipes and creatures such as blasphemous act and academy rector. Added more draw such as night whisper. Gonna add inssurection as a win condition and maybe entomb to get some better reanimate targets.

I think this is a good start

Your deck does literally nothing.

Intet the Dreamer. First iteration was just a bunch of “Vanilla” Dragons. Not great. Slowly improved her as I could into something fun and more formidable, something my friends would justify ganging up on me with “You’re playing dragons!”

Unfortunately my version of Ur-Dragon is better in every way, so Intet doesn’t see anyways near as much play.

Attached: 607EAB34-C3AB-4B21-8FD7-6F1CC584ED48.jpg (672x936, 285K)

>Thread question
Vona, Butcher of Magan. I still play her occasionally, but everyone and their mother plays vampire tribal with Edgar floating around. I like my decks to be unique. Something no one else in the group plays.

Mayael the anima and no I don't I took the pieces apart for multiple other decks. Thinking of building Naya again and might have either her or sidar + Tana at the helm depending if I want big Bois or weenie hut junior

>oppressive cards (counters, prison effects, stasis etc
Stasis I get, but prison effects and counters? If used in moderation that shouldn't be a problem unless it's a super weenie hut Jr tier playgroup.

You shouldn't have to bend over backwards to please your playgroups skewed idea of what oppressive is.

Built him almost a year ago. Still trying to find ways to improve him but I have fun even though I get my shit kicked in by Azor,Mayael, and Obzedat

Attached: pieguy396-neheb-the-worthy-15073443130.jpg (299x429, 81K)

>Vona, Butcher of Magan
Wait that's a she?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-03-18-neheb-the-worthy-minotaur-tribal/

Current decklist, are there any suggestions anons have ?

100% agreed, however I feel like I'd feel better playing this big flashy deck rather than dealing with the brain eaters that make up 50% of our playgroup at my lgs

>lgs
Oh I get you. Too bad it has to be this way. I don't suppose you live in Denmark? On the off chance you do, we should totally play together.

Would a mono-blue Timmy deck with all the literal big fish work?

Attached: Image[1].jpg (223x310, 34K)

Vanquisher's Banner, Archfiend of Ifnir, artifact ramp, Anaba Spirit Crafter, Warfire Javelineer, Malfegor, Blood Scrivener, Avaricious Dragon, Ondu Champion, Greed, Kindred Dominance, Herald's Horn, Urza's Incubator, Phyrexian Reclamation. You have a ton of "do nothing" cards, and there's a ton of good options in your colors
unfortunately my friend I am not

Run etb triggers and whelming wave

Is braids really the best commander for this?

Post FAST commanders.

Blue Braids. Deck was stolen, along with my others and my laptop in a break-in years ago, so sadly no longer play it.

I should make sure to keep my decks away from laptops

__:^)__

Attached: Image-170.png (223x311, 130K)

Attached: purph.png (202x147, 69K)

Vona has nothing to do with vampire tribal??

Get yourself a proxy, it's not like he's in your deck and people can accuse you of cheating or anything

>Scarab God has just 1 point of priority in draft

Attached: (jazz music stops).jpg (540x720, 106K)

Kemba, Kha Regent. Now it's a Sram deck. I just like slapping a bunch of swords on a dude and swinging for big damage, even if it's not that great I can steal a win every now and then

I want to expand my EDH experience. What's a fun WU or WG commander to build around?

Skullbriar. It was fun, but it didn't know what it was doing, so I had to reinvent it, and it ended up turning into Savra

>>Thread question
Lazav "steal your stuff," Too mean. Turned it into Prime Speaker Zegana clones.

Opinions of new Radha?

Posting here, as there is no lore thread yet.
Are there any of the HOU stories worth reading beside Bolas dunking on everyone and Nissa getting deep with Kefnet via Emrakul?

Attached: Bestest girl makes best girl.png (1580x1621, 524K)

First commander was a really bad Azami since I had no cards when I came back to the game or I ordered a bunch of shitty cheap wizards and had 0 win conditions. I plan on rebuilding her again and actually good.

I am going to break Commander with Helm of the Host!

>I am going to break Commander with a 9 Mana card

Attached: 1864h.jpg (620x683, 39K)

lol no you wont.

>He hardcasts spells.

Attached: laugh at you.png (449x401, 490K)

Go on, try to stop me.

Attached: Image.png (223x311, 141K)

look at this user and laugh

First you should try to start something. Godo won't untap clones of itself, because those clones aren't samurai.

>Untap it and all Samurai

Am I a faggot for being genuinely excited about Muldrotha? I love the effect and have never found a non-cancer UGx commander interesting enough to build. Will I be one of a million dickheads sleeving it up on release? Will the price of the card be driven by mindless hordes of people just like me?

Just tell me it'll be okay, Veeky Forums.