How can Fulgrim even compete!?

How can Fulgrim even compete!?

Attached: Sanguinius.png (1000x1415, 2.34M)

By being alive

>implying Sanguinius isn't going to come back somehow

he can't thats why he fell to chaos

user stop it please

Attached: very cute kot.jpg (720x518, 32K)

>That resting bitch face

What is there to compete against?

Fulgrimettes pls go

Attached: images (16).jpg (469x314, 31K)

>This
He didn't really fell after he killed Manus he had turn the moment he realized he could never achieve Sanguinius beauty

You can futily argue but you know I'm right.

Sang and the gang strike me as sues of far higher calibre than Girly and the dudes.
Rage powered vampires who struggle to keep the beast inside, yet noble, super handsome, with victorian vibe, forever mourning the loss of their beloved lord.
And guinness himself:
>the most beautiful
>the most benevolent
>the most loved
>the most like-the-dad
>one of the best governors (second only to the dude who has statesmanship as his specialization)
>one of the strongest in combat (according to some books - the strongest)
>has his own holiday
>has a pair of angel wings
It's like BA were made by a teenage girl who listens to him and watches anime.

I'd agree but they have some losses and flaws to balance it out. They are constantly getting smashed and taking heavy losses,
>Boarding of unknown Space Hulk with Genestealers - of all Chapter only 50 Blood Angels survived,
>The 7th Black Crusade. The Blood Angels chapter is nearly wiped out on Mackan, The
>Assault on Baal - the Blood Angels homeworld of Baal came under attack from an Ork Waaagh! under Warboss Big Skorcha. Though two of the three invading Ork space hulks are destroyed in orbit by the Blood Angels fleet and boarding parties, a third would land on the surface and disgorge thousands of Orks. The defense of the Blood Angels fortress-monastery would have fallen if not for forty-one dreadnoughts led by Furioso Astramael, who managed to hold off the Orks long enough for reinforcements to arrive from orbit and mop up the remaining Ork forces.
>The Darkest Hour - a tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan is on a direct course for the Blood Angels homeworld, Baal. Exacerbating this already terrible threat is a massive daemon army led by the dread bloodthirster Ka'Bandha, which has already struck at Ammonai, the outermost planet of the Baal system. Facing a possible war on two fronts, Commander Dante sends out a call for all Chapters descended from the Blood Angels to send forces to aid their ancestor Legion; the Flesh Tearers are the first to do so, deploying the entire Chapter for war. Ultimately all but the Lamenters do so, even the renegade Knights of Blood
They have the constant flaws of The Red Thirst and Black Rage threatening them, and while some do deal with it better, you also have those like The Flesh Tearers and Blood Drinkers who just succumb.
They all also have a Martyr complex, and a flair for self-sacrifice that can get them into trouble.

Attached: World Eaters vs. Blood Angels.jpg (1024x1024, 465K)

Would you like some peanut butter to go with that jelly?

Attached: Talisman-Sanguinius-Header.jpg (1024x585, 366K)

Now come on, angels wings are baller as fuck

Attached: 4780c91f47668578d9fb48c665409050.jpg (800x1132, 208K)

Yes, compared to the Chapter of Toilet Seats, they are not invincible, but this comes off as a Byronic concept more than anything. Their shortcomings and flaws work as contrast to illustrate how high they can rise above them.
Those examples you showed - incredibly dire indeed - but BA did overcome all of it, even though the odds were stacked against them. And is such heroic manner, it only emphasizes how incredibly resourceful, resilient and loyal to each other they are.
And Red Thirst and Black Rage feel more like a boon. Has this anime vibe, like Naruto and his demon inside - well, yeah, people think it's freaky, but it can net an advantage in a setting that focused on combat. If anything, it also shows that BA is so above the ranks that even Inquisition can't do shit to

But wouldn't a Mary Sue simply see these major threats and overcome them entirely? I don't know if I'd count it as being a mary sue if you faced challenges, took punishments for them, and came back stronger, seems like fair enough development to me.

I don't know man, you say it has a net advantage but between The Black Rage turning them into monsters that are basically rabid dogs, losing all sense of their identity, and The Red Thirst making them earn suspicion from their allies and comrades, it has it's boons, but also it's drawbacks. Not too Sueish in my eyes. And it all highlights a theme of rising above and facing adversity, rather then being perfect from the start.

Attached: Blood Angels Last Stand.jpg (1500x2092, 627K)

>This

There are clearly more mary sue chapters out there like the Blood Ravens.
They can form entire squads out psykers.

>that guardsman

He wont.
We have the dollar store Sanguinus, tho, Sanguinor.

It really depends if you buy Dante's vision of/conversation with him as real or not. The only Primarch soul that's totally gone is Horus. Sanguinius is probably doing the same shit as Ferrus Manus, only he actually likes his sons and keeps an eye on them.

>About to get absolutely butchered by Traitors
>Suddenly the glorious sons of the sacred Angel drop out of the sky and save you, because you held the line
>End up getting turned into nutrient paste by the AdMech anyways
shit

Yeah the dude fulgrim tried to look like.
The dude who Horus respected wanted him in his team.
The dude who rowboat girlyman wants as new emperor.
Get cucked chaos boi, can't touch the best primarch.

>the most like-the-dad
That's a flaw and you know it.

Not to mention that Horus cried like a bitch about how Sanguinius should have been Warmaster.

And how both Slaanesh and Khorne get all hot and bothered by him.

10,000 years later, and Khorne is still trying to get them interested.

Attached: Sanguinary Guard Marine.jpg (2894x3390, 1.67M)

Don't forget the part of his youth where he anime-punches falling boulders in half.

The primarch of /ourboy/ Teus from devastation of Baal is the prettiest one

Attached: Chadguinius.jpg (1200x1435, 219K)

Eh. its not like they will move the plot a lot more now anyways.

Boy, I wish DoW 3 was good.... now it is dead!

Relic wanted the starcraft audience the problem is that they did not want them

im gonna take a different path than the others user. I unabashedly like the BAs for what they are, complaints of mary sue and all. They are pretty cool, you wanna root for them, and they make it out in the end. I wont even be mad if big S comes back, because I am sure they will write it well enough.

>I am sure they will write it well enough.

That's bullshit and you know it.

That...hair. Try as I might, I cannot unsee that hair.

Attached: really gw.jpg (640x640, 44K)

>sues
For sure the chapter who loses half of it's greatest heroes and prospects to a genetic flaw is a bunch of sues in addition to regular Astartes death toll is a bunch of sues.
>Rage powered vampires who struggle to keep the beast inside
An excellent execution of this trope, unless you can't stand the trope itself, in which case it's your own personal bias.
>yet noble, super handsome, with victorian vibe
Literally more then half the legions have just as cool traits.
>forever mourning the loss of their beloved lord
Do Iron Hands not exist anymore?
>>the most benevolent
>>the most loved
These would naturally go together and somebody had to be this.
>>the most like-the-dad
That would the Lion.
>>one of the strongest in combat (according to some books - the strongest)
Why is this a problem? And he is the strongest.
>>has his own holiday
You kinda earn that by dying for The Emperor.

>everywhere Sang is described as beautiful and graceful
>here he looks like a 40 year old French transvestite

>That would the Lion
It can't be the Lion, Lion is a mistrustful whore who planned to fire on Davin while Rob and Sang were there because "muh corruption", the Emperor was too trusting on the other hand

Lion's arc perfectly mirror's Big E's, which goes with the whole ''first son'' thing.
>creates confusion and discord among his sons because he refuses to share information
>the true reason is the he simply believes they don't need to know
>gets put into a coma by his favored son who was amped by Chaos in a fight he would have easily won if he went all out from the start

Attached: 40k Lion.jpg (827x1104, 239K)

Sanguinius is the most like how The Emperor was perceived by everyone, in an idealised state.
The Lion is the most like how The Emperor actually acted and such.

I think Sanguinius is what a young Emperor would have been like if he wasn't burdened with massive responsibilities and could just focus on leading his sons and showing life to humanity. But i also agree with what you said.

Attached: 40k Sanguinius.jpg (797x1000, 331K)

>showing life
*love

You probably aren't wrong, there had to be some point where Big E was bright eyed and idealistic.

It was probably up to the Age of Strife. You can just imagine how proud he was of humanity in the Golden Age, And then AIs, xenos and chaos fucked everything up.
>humanity reaches a golden age with only subtle guidance for the shadows
>everything is looking great, war, poverty, disease and ignorance eridaced
>already looking forward to a comfortable semi-retirement where he could just wait for humanity to catch up to him while taking care of any possible problem that they couldn't themselves, which was fewer and fewer
>suddenly the most relied on machines turn on humanity, nearly wiping it out
>just as they're recovering, a bunch of xeno degenerates start clogging up the warp with their debauchery
>planets cut off and helpless because of the warp storms produced by this
>psykers start popping up everywhere, daemonic possessions take entire worlds
>allied aliens living with humans turn on humanity on every world. enslaving or butchering them
>The Emperor is helpless to act but he can feel everything in the galaxy, all the betrayal and pain and suffering and death humans everywhere are experiencing it
>has to take direct action to save his species
>has to act in the most ''means justify the ends'' possible because suddenly he's racing against a clock and trillions die for every mistake or delay he makes
>has to put billions of his own people to the sword or throw them into meat grinders because of this
>The degenerates who caused all this and fucked a fucking Chaos God into existence look down on your species, calling them monkeys and shit
Is it any fucking wonder he hates aliens so much? Who in their right mind WOULDN'T want to wipe the shits out after all this. Which is why i can't stand to hear people talk about ''peaceful'' alien civilizations during The Crusade, because you can bet Big E knew EXACTLY what they did to humans in the past.
>waited for thousands of years to exact revenge for the horrible tragedies he felt
>''Hurr we peaceful now''

Attached: Emperor 3.jpg (1111x1920, 141K)

And here the one son who's actually up and about is busy shagging a knife-ears.

>>The degenerates who caused all this and fucked a fucking Chaos God into existence look down on your species, calling them monkeys and shit

This is the thing to remember when people ask why didn't Emps just trust Ulthran when he said Horus was going to betray him.
>why didn't he just trust the psychic leader of an alien race that created an evil god through psychotic abuses of psychic power?

/Thread

Attached: Did nothing wrong.jpg (1191x1600, 261K)

>worst primarch beheading waifus
you truly have the shittiest of tastes user-kun

Can you people stop using the term Mary Sue when you clearly don’t know what it means?
There are more than enough phrases that you can use that are actually applicable.

not knowing what propaganda is
not realizing the French "Sun King" had the same sort of stuff said about himself and tried to pretty himself up constantly
not realizing Sang WAS an ugly old as Sin transvestite that was catfishing the empire into thinking he was a cuteboi

He's got a better BFF.

Attached: Guts and Griffith.jpg (765x1024, 268K)

Hopefully Griffith does the same Fulgrim did to Ferrus to that fucking piece of shit Guts

That was killed by his own hands.

Lol no he is more slaanesh than fulgrim now.

Attached: Emprah had enough of this shit.png (1846x429, 38K)

That makes me wonder how Corax is going to be when he gets back and sees the Primaris Marines.

>after ten thousand years of exile, deliverance has finally come
>wait why are those Marines way bigger than the rest
>what do you mean someone figured out how to make new and better space marines in a timely fashion
>well, looks like it's off to another ten thousand years of exile in shame and failure
>nevermore

I'd really like to see the next Primarch's return BTFO Guilliman, ADB, Goulding and any other ''hurr Emperor is evil'' asshole.
>loyalist Primarch (preferably Dorn) returns
>despite his agony and fractured mind, Big E showers him with as much love as possible
>Bobby in the back tearing up

It's intentional. It what makes him being dead more tragic. He was the best, and know its left to the rest to pick up the pieces. Pic related is the same; world would have been far better off if he won, but he didn't and its a tragedy.

Attached: Rhaegar_twoiaf.jpg (500x671, 193K)

Perfect comparison.
>tfw Arthur didn't disobey the order and charged to the Trident just in time to slaughter Robert an win the rebelion

Attached: sad.jpg (378x378, 39K)

We’ve been over this before. The guy who does the Horus Heresy cover art is hilariously bad. He’s the one who did the Ferrus wrench and the fat Custodes. He’s also the one who did the art of Honsou and Co.

I think it’s in Thronewprld where it’s hinted that Eldrad and Big E were actually friendly at one point but had a nasty falling out at one point.

And Eldrad claims to know his real name in that one Deathwatch book.

Horus > Ferrus

Eldrad is a senile old fuck I'm suprised he isn't crystal already.

Now thatsba lie if i ever heard it.

>crystalising
>still managed to spank Abaddon's ass and force the gods to save him
the warmaster can't get a break.

Ferrus is literally the shittiest Primarch. Even fucking "literally has barely any brain left" Angron is more worthwhile.

Quite easily.

Attached: georgy-stacker-emperor-s-child.jpg (1500x2000, 478K)

>Literally became a cum hungry whore

Yeah fulgrim didn't even had a chance

If the Horus heresy ever became a anime I'm certain the japs would make Sangi a girl and that makes me upset.

and it'd make the rest of Veeky Forumss boyclits fully erect

>Lion
>immensely loyal
The guy was the designated loyalist bad guy

>if he wasn't burdened with massive responsibilities
Ya know, it was pretty much the emperor himself who decided to burden himself with it.

Pretty much, the emperor is basically the most glorious, gold-leaf covered, personified car crash humanity ever managed.

>inb4 giga emperor with even more gold

Sangi would be a girl, Fulgrim would be full on Zoisite and never confirmed for either, Dorn would be one of those Bara musclemen with the crazy mustaches, Corax would have a cape and a bandanna and 15 different belts and chains, Horus would have 5 different "true forms", the Emperor would be the wise master that "knows" he isnt as strong as his successor and Rowboat would be the stupid Shonen Protag who were told is the most interesting guy ever and told to root for

I want to see anime Curze. Can’t be any more edgy

Heh, yes he can.

Instead of two wings on his back? he only has ONE!

>Ya know, it was pretty much the emperor himself who decided to burden himself with it.
Assuming you don't believe in the Shaman Sacrifice origin, what you're implying is that him having a great sense of responsibility and love for his species to go with his supreme power and knowledge is bad.
>car crash
>literally the only reason humanity still exists and has a fighting chance

Corax for next SqEnyx MC

>punished Dante, a man denied his fate

Attached: Dante_must_suffer.png (809x837, 111K)

If Corax isnt related to Vincent Valentine or Cloud Strife in some way then ill eat my pants, 6 superfluous zippers and all!

>Read Dante then Devastation of Baal

Dante had a hard life

Attached: Dante Must Suffer 2.png (1016x472, 130K)

When Uigui start apologizing to Teus made me tear up

Still more alive than dead for 10 000 years.

>that death company part
>the entire Baal primus part
>three-way between 'nids, SM and Khorne daemons
>the knights of blood, all in the throes of the black rage go apeshit and do one last glorious charge into the tyranid/daemon clusterfuck, and dying to the last man ripping and tearing
>the final charge of the blood angels and Dante's speech

One of the best 40k books IMO, based Haley really did good on the tension and desperation

Its kind off a pity that we won't have this books with universe shattering events for a while. But I understand that the lore needs to be stabilized now

Fuck it happened again it's just so sad

I've only read Dante so far but honestly I'm not a fan of just how far he took the vampire shit. Yeah I get it, there's a theme, they have blood rituals but if you changed some words around this would 100% be vampire fiction.

>When the knights of blood CM tells Kabandah to pretty much go fuck himself

Based Cannibals

Attached: 1461731844316.jpg (650x650, 45K)

Not for you dante you have to suffer for another thousand years.

>his life is already rough and he's tired as shit
>bobby g tells him he's in command of half the imperium now too
g-gee... thanks uncle...

>now it is dead!
Nope. It's still alive, but it nearly got killed by DoW III. Relic and SEGA are talking with GW about the franchise.

They got a lesson. Now time will tell if they learned it after they make AoE IV and all the DLC/Expansion Packs they planned for it.

Hoping that if they'll do a DoW IV, then it will be the first two games with all the good elements they had (unlike DoW III that had none of the good things from both previous games + other bullshit).

All they have to do is look at the FoK mod and the customization and shit it offered.

Hey atleast they can both talk about how much they want to die.

This plus add something akin to the RPG-esque system in DoW II. That was all they needed to do. Not some MOBA shit.

hump

>I don't want to get involved

God he looks off. Do Europeans just not know what attractive people look like? Are they so accustomed to their lumpen subhuman shapes that they assume that's the standard of beauty in the rest of the world?

Something I think about, from time to time, is how young the Primarchs are. I mean, yeah, they're all three hundred at the time of the Heresy, but their father is more than a hundred times that, clocking in at fourty thousand. How much more growing do they have in them, after only three hundred years? How much smarter, stronger, wiser would they be after three hundred more, three thousand more, ten thousand more? How much weaker than the Emperor would they be after reaching a quarter of His age? And how much stronger would they be than their brothers who entered stasis, either the literal technological kind, or the immortal servitude of daemonhood?

>tfw Horus Heresy was just Primarchs going through their Terrible Twos.

I feel sorry for the guy. Only a few men in the Imperium have given as much as he has but received so little in return.

When you think about it, Guilliman was in stasis for 10000 years, meaning he didn't age. This means that the likes of Dante and Logan Grimnar are now several times his senior.

Attached: Dante Armored.jpg (812x1060, 136K)

Youre right hes missing the traditional American Triplle chin and swollen jowls.

>shame and failure

Corax deserves it. He was at Terra, but left and took the Emperor's Primarch geneseed with him. Then handed it to Alpharius on a silver platter. He is the worst asshole of them all. All he had to do was stay on Terra and pump out thousands of new enhanced astartes. It would be funny if Cawl turned out to be Alpha Legion.