Weeb TCGs

Previously, on weeb tcgs:
In a shocking twist, Vanguard suddenly has a rotation!
Wixoss suddenly has a rotation!
FoW has always had a rotation.
Weiss Schwarz, Buddyfight, and Casters Chronicles exist.
Luck and Logic no longer exists.
Everyone seems to have forgotten about Dragoborne already.

What's your weeb tcg of choice? Which one are you curious about trying?

Attached: OPimage2.png (1158x931, 2.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cf-vanguard.com/howto/new_system/
cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Trial_Deck_01:_Aichi_Sendou
cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Legend_Deck_3:_The_Blaster_"Aichi_Sendou"
cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Yasuie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw trying to pick up FoW and Weiss Schwarz at the same time
>almost impossible to find good lists for either

I know this is a terrabad recommendation, but have you looked at Reddit?
It's mostly where FoW is talked about besides the official site and dead ass grinning remenant. Besides that look at rulers you wish to play and see the common theme they go for and go to places like tcgplayer and use their search function of key words to find cards you might wanna run in the deck.

>Vanguard will actually have two formats (Standard and Premium) in English

Watch Standard ended up being a flop just like G-Regulation since no one wants to give up their G-Zones

Standard will be successful because it's marking a clear reach to go for new players

I have but it's shit. I'll try your advice, but the official database is better than TCGPlayer.

About time they rebooted Vanguard.

Stride was a mistake. It slowed down the game as a whole, causing one game to last up to 30~40 minutes, even though Vanguard is really just a simple game at its core.

I enjoyed VG when it first started many years ago, mainly because a game is pretty much determined in 5~10 minutes before Legion decided to fuck things up.

Attached: PA080002.jpg (2000x1500, 2.02M)

It seems that there will be some rule changes as well

cf-vanguard.com/howto/new_system/

Mulligan: You put any number of cards on the bottom of your deck, and draw that number of cards from the top of your deck. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

G-Assist: You no longer need to remove cards from your G-Zone

Guarding: Your Guardians no longer need to be at the same Grade or below as your Vanguard

Stride: Both players must be at Grade 3, OR you must have a Grade 3 at the start of your turn aka Sebreeze is dead

1/Turn Skills: When you meet the requirement for a 1/turn skill, and you choose not to pay the cost, you do NOT lose the ability to pay it later

This reboot has got me interested in starting up Vanguard again, but I probably won't buy anything till Shadow Paladins come out though.

Anyone play any japanese language only tcgs (apart from Wixoss)? I've already picked up a few Precious Memories decks, and am wondering if there's any others that are worth looking into (Chaos and Z/X are ones I'm also considering).

I don't play Vanguard, but these all seem like solid changes. What was the old mulligan system? This new one is one of the cleanest mulligan systems I've seen.

Attached: IMG_2567.jpg (2048x1536, 1.26M)

The old mulligan system is basically shuffle any number of cards into your deck then draw that many cards, which basically runs the risk of drawing the same card you shuffled back.

Im okay with these changes since it keeps stride relevant for now

The official is better only for checking the current sets that are in rotation right now, but for things like wanderer tcgplayer is pretty nice to get a broad search of everything.
Is there anything you're looking to make specifically?

>What's your weeb tcg of choice? Which one are you curious about trying?
Vanguard since I can play mechs that DON'T SUCK ASS. I'm curious about Wixoss and WS but I can't seem to find a topping list for Ril, which worries me, and I don't know whether my animu of choice is shit in WS.

>I can play mechs that DON'T SUCK ASS.
But user, for the last couple years all the mech aesthetic decks have sucked ass? Like, Victor only just became relevant, and barely so.

I could still sack wins via Vollmond/Galaxy + Sonne bullshittery, along the same lines as winning with Sunshine Vert into Vert breakride Labrador. Sure, Gallop was irredeemable and Victor had shit for resources before Star Gate, but at least they were somewhat playable compared to trying to make fucking magnets work in ygo or playing pure Light in DM without using Angel Commands.

Oh, right, blaus. I legitimately forgot about them, no one at locals plays them. Did Star Gate do much for them? What's your build?

But will the new mechanic complement stride or not? The way I see it, the new system doesn't work if you're striding since striding would lock you out of the new cards' effects. Unless they print stuff like strides with the new system or cards that have a stride skill that grants the vanguard the new system, I don't see them being splashable into the new decks.

The new mechanic can be used alongside stride since riding the G3s automatically give you the gift tokens.
You just can't use strides in the new standard format.

Remember to check your mailbox for Cheshire Cats. I just got mine today.

Star Gate gave them more rear guards wih the Blau name, so it helped them quite a bit. The new G3 Blau, Neumond grants a unit power on stride, and restands 4 Blaus for 1 CB and gives them power too. Blazar, their new stride, is an easier to pull off version of Sonne, being LB4 restricted instead of 5, but doesn't search your G3s for you. I have a list, but I'm not sure how well it works for others since it isnt really sustainable in the long run.
>G0
4x of each Blau trigger for the name
1x Blaufechter
>G1
3x Neptune Blaukluger
4x Blauwand
4x Venus Blaukluger
3x Blaurakete
>G2
4x Blaulanze
4x Blaushleife
3x Uranus Blaukluger
>G3
4x Neumond
4x Merkur
>G4
1x Winning Champ, Victor
2x Sonne Blaukluger
2x Blazar Blaukluger
1x Zeroth Dragon of Destroy Star, Stark
4x Meteokaiser, Bustered
2x Meteokaiser, Unior
2x Meteokaiser, Dogantitan
1x Meteokaiser, Gundreed
1x Winning Champion, Victor

I don't use Galaxy anymore since I can just use Neumond into Merkur to trigger Merkur's second skill 4 times immediately and give him 8k out of nowhere, along with using cards like Venus and Regia Blaulanze that can restand themselves, allowing Merkur to gain 10k post-breakride. My only beef with Neumond is that it doesn't give my vanguard another 10k for free but at least I get a total of 20/25k distributed among 4-5 units on a breakride turn. I basically go into Winning for first stride if I can get Regia, Uranus and/or Venus onto my field early on since I'm able to get Winning's skill off easy. I thought of teching in a Gunzdon in the event that I run into Denial Griffin/Heteroround/Impede/Lacus Carina/Nightrose with Cannoneer, but haven't really gotten around to doin that.

The only one that really sucked ass was gallop. Obari robos were always sacky critting assholes and victors has been a middle ground till now

No, I'm just getting started and was hoping to see meta decks so I knew what to build for.

Are you looking for New Frontiers or Wanderer?

Both. I'm about to buy foil playsets of all the original Frozen Casket duals so I never have the problems I have in mtg. I know NF will be different stones all the time, but that's okay.

The number one meta deck in NF as of late has been Faerur swarm backed with Severing Winds. Nine-Tailed Fox and Lumia, Fated Rebirth both have a strong history as well. Faerur and Fox both do what you expect them to do based on the card, but Lumia decks are more interested in abusing her flicker effect than flipping her.

Aside from those big 3, there's
>Ayu, who usually involves some degree of combo/voltron but has a lot of flexibility
>Scheherazade control, which made up 75% of the top 8 in the one tournament there's been since her release
>All five Reiya cluster starter deck Rulers see some degree or another of play, with Reiya herself and Kirik being the most popular just before the new set
>Malefic Yggdrasil recently won a tournament
>Zero hatebears is a popular anti-meta deck, notably hard-countering Ayu
>Mikage control and Lunya RDW both still see the occasional top 8
>Aimul and Scarlet haven't yet coalesced into a deck but they have strong potential as midrange-control and RDW, respectively

Didn't Severing Winds just eat a ban?

Only in Wanderer. I was talking New Frontiers.

Not who you replied to but I just started myself and the only rulers that interested me were Zero, Wesler, Faerur, and the Lost Tomes Gill Alhama'at.

Do you have any NF lists for those? Specially Zero Hatebears. Thank you.

I'm actually not sure you can do much to Lost Tomes Gill to make him better than the precon already is aside from clean up the manabase a little. I'm sure there is but he needs a certain density of Historical cards, and the only Historical cards in the game are all already in his deck. And they're mostly pretty alright.

For Faerur decks, look for almost any top 8 from this year. He's everywhere. For others, you're in a harder spot since nobody's made Welser work and Zero rarely if ever top 8s. I did manage to find one recent Zero decklist on Reddit after searching myself, but anything beyond that you might be on your own.

Thank you for the info, I'll search further for Zero Hatebears. How about Zero for Wanderer, are there any good lists?

I'll take your advice for Faerur. Thanks.

I'm the guy that posted this last night, my testrun of a Scarlet deck that's mostly control and J-Ruler Rush orientated at my locals went fairly well it just needs a little idea in a good push forward.

Attached: 28562495.jpg (600x944, 197K)

Oh right, only Dreams got banned in NF. Thanks for the deck names, I'll get to research.

I really want to know what clans are surviving after this reboot. I've seen a list, but it looks incomplete, since they said there would be 24 clans. They better not have gotten rid of Angel Feather

How safe is it to double sleeve with just the Character sleeve and oversleeve, without a perfect fit? For most games I can triple sleeve, but for MTG Bushiroad boxes are too small to hold 75 cards. Still, I don't want my expensive cards to get fucked up.

They're not counting Touken Ranbu, Etranger and Mask Collection.
All of the main clans are getting supported. The list is incomplete because the schedule is only going to September. Expect all clans to be in the reboot December 2018

None of the clans will get left behind since there are 24 main clans in the game excluding Touken Ranbu, Etranger, Mask and Cray Elemental. I'm assuming the rest of the Post Season 1 Clans (Angels, Golds, Narukami, Genesis, Link Joker, and Gears) will probably get support in the last quarter of the year

Me too, i was planing to build an Ahsha deck. Im worried for Neo Nectar

How am I supposed to figure out what decks are good in Weiss Schwarz?

Basically as long as you have two sleeves in opposite directions you're safe. Probably even more save with the bottom open instead of the top if your opponent spills something.

it follows the manga and one of the idols sister plays af
they're not getting rid on any clans anyway besides the shitpost ones like touken ranbo maybe

You play your waifu.

I meant what decks with my waifu are good on the decklist sites.

With how disappointing recent yugioh series have been, I may use this to finally get around to checking out Vanguard. Although my impression of it has been that it's a lot more straightforward than the bombastic over-the-top style of yugioh or the quiet, suffocating despair of Wixoss. From what little I've seen of it, it seems to lack the spark and passion that goes into creating those other two series (when they're at their best, anyway. You'd be hard pressed to do worse than Arc-V or Lostorage).

Attached: catapultturtle.webm (640x480, 2.87M)

>You'd be hard pressed to do worse than Arc-V

Zexal was a thing

Yugioh peaked with the Dark RPG. The first one. Right before Duelist Kingdom started.

Except Zexal was legitimately the best series.
That may be a bit of an exaggeration, as it does run into pretty tight competition with the original, and 5ds has a very strong first third, but in terms of what series I most enjoyed rewatching, it was Zexal. It had a rough start, and some outright infuriating episodes, but the second half more than makes up for it. Once you're past that rough hump of 50 or so incredibly uneven episodes, Zexal has a consistently good run from the WDC finals straight through to the end. And its production values and visual direction blow every other series out of the water. This is an opinion, but given the unreasonable amount of my life I've spent watching yugioh, it's at least a well informed opinion.

The original manga is still the best, though.

Webm only slightly related.

Attached: evenwithcontext.webm (1280x720, 1.97M)

I unironically liked GX the best

GX is my favorite too.

GX is good too. I think there's strong arguments to be made for any of the first 4 series. Anyone who tries to claim Arc-V or Vrains is the best, however, is objectively wrong.

Attached: 30201951_p0.jpg (650x550, 166K)

Tell me about this reboot. Does it invalidate other sets making this an effective ground zero for the game? I find the notion of getting in on the ground floor of a TCG a really novel idea.

The other sets are put aside into a different format, this reboot is to simplify things and make it easier for new players to get into. You can still play with your older cards, but yes this makes it a new beginning somewhat afaik.

Older sets can still be used in the second format. Im planning on staying with that for now since nova strides hits really fucking hard now, and even harder with the new ruling

So what set(s) (will) mark the beginning of the reboot? What/when should I be looking out for?

the V set coming out june. Kagero and blasters what you should look at if youre new to the game, they have a fully pimped out starter deck and everything. Theyre also the simplest and history has shown that whenever they get support they become top tier

It having a rough start is a funny way of saying it had about a terrible 70 episode start, with a protagonist who never gets better.

Any place I can view them?

It was just announced yesterday and is said that itll include 4 copies of ace cards

cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Trial_Deck_01:_Aichi_Sendou

So it's Modern.

While that makes sense from a meta standpoint it is VERY un-anime to have four of an ace.

Also, would it be a good starting place to begin my collection with a booster box of Divine Dragon Apocryphia?

Vintage would be more appropriate for an equivalent wouldn't it?

Unless you wanna experience the stride meta, no, dont do it. Wait till june or just hold yourself over by buying a legend deck kai or aichi and play people with that so you can learn the game.
cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Legend_Deck_3:_The_Blaster_"Aichi_Sendou"

>Also, would it be a good starting place to begin my collection with a booster box of Divine Dragon Apocryphia?

I'm not particularly sure if you should start with just a box since it basically gives you nothing worth building a deck with. You might be better off to wait and build a Standard deck when the V-Block comes out and a Premium deck (wtf is "Premium" a suitable name for a format anyway) later since Standard will be a lot more affordable than Premium

Where's the Ani-Mayhem card back in your image?

Attached: card0002142.jpg (326x470, 123K)

So, are Gear Chronicles getting retconned out with the V Series?

Looks like they are, along with Link Jokers.

>just sold my old Vanguard shit from pre G and G Set 1-3 a month ago to fund DBS TCG
>this happens

fucking dodged a bullet there

How you enjoying Mecha Winter?

>DBS tcg
>dodged a bullet

how's Mecha Frieza or Die: The Card Game?

Link Joker and Gears will probably get support later, the list didn't include any Post-Season 1 Clans (Narukami, Angel Feather, Gold Paladin, Genesis, Link Joker, and Gear Chronicle) along with Nubatama, Great Nature and Neo Nectar either.

>Implying Mecha Freeza wouldn't kill the game along with Bandai's ineptitude

IT'LL GET ERRATA'D WITHIN A MONTH YOU JUST FUCKING WATCH! Fine actually. I built SS3 Goku BuuHan and it is a lot of fun. You know when you're NOT staring down a mountain of monkeys. I went X-1 at least. I don't know how I feel about the way prize support is dealt now. I guess Bandai got sick of players jewwing for 60 dollar Determined Gohans.

Alright. Gears are my favorite clan, so the news was pretty shocking. Any suggestions for a similar clan to fill the void until then?

Link jokers is used by ibuki in the manga. And since this looks like its following the manga we can expect it to appear under the star corpse king archetype or some shit.
Dont fret too hard, they said all clans will be supported this year

I love that the new Broly's price will go down, I want to build Mecha Broly and then inevitably Some Other Leader Broly.

>Bandai unironically said fucking Cell and Bardock were MechaGT cancer counters
>coincidentally ends their ties with ARG to run their own tournament circuit the moment the game turns to shit
>LOL IT'S NOT A PROBLEM JUST RUN YAJIROBE
>"but Bandai-sama they can just play Darkness Eye Beam or M-2"
>"that's your problem see you in May!"

I seem to recall them mentioning that only 24 clans will make it into V.

Anybody have an experience with the final fantasy TCG? I kind of want an excuse to buy some cards with sweet yoshitaka amano art on them.
Me and my roommates like to experiment with unpopular card games.

Attached: firion.png (1200x675, 1.15M)

I'm so glad I only pumped all of $80 into this game.

I'm holding onto any Baby's or Vegeta GT's I pull because you know damn well Machine Mutants are going to continue in Set 4 with a Baby archetype.

Excluding the non-mainline Clans such as Etranger, Touken Ranbu, Cray Elemental, and Mask Collection the game has exactly 24 Clans.

Whenever I trade I over-value and then round out with Senzu Bean or Furthering Destruction. I have like twenty of each now.

Alright. I was pretty worried. Which clans in the first couple months are likely to be budget?

Whichever clans are unpopular and isnt in a moneyset. Since boosters are now more focused and released in smaller clusters youre going to have a hard time judging by experience from previous extra boosters

What clans are generally unpopular?

>go into Untapped
>multiple rooms saying "No Mecha Frieza"

fuck I haven't seen so much asshurt over a tcg going south since Force of Will got 0 drop equipment cards. Also I love how judges who have been fairly player friendly up to this point have mostly gone radio silent since Cross Worlds dropped.

>Also I love how judges who have been fairly player friendly up to this point have mostly gone radio silent since Cross Worlds dropped.
Why would this be?

Murokumo and Spike bros. That didnt stop spike from being expensive during the first technical booster though.

I'm going to a pre-release for Opus V this Saturday. It seems to be fun. Gonna try to force some Earth Wind and Lightning jank.

Oh, Murakumo look really fun, and I like the whole kabuki aesthetic. I was thinking about picking up Yasuie, but I might just wait and play them as my Standard deck.

It's the only TCG I play now. I've placed first in every draft tournament I've played. What questions do you have?

not the same guy but why do holos look so.....unimpressive? it's a weeb tcg I want some shiny fucking cards not this stock art shit.

Yasuies fun, just dont expect easy wins, youll have to work your ass for those wins.

I like challenging decks. You got a basic list/shell I can work with?

I dont really play it much but just max and mix everything on this page except use only 2 tenmas and goumas. It's really up to preference for yasuie but max onibayashi.
cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Yasuie

So something like this?

>G4
4 Yasuie Genma
2 Yasuie Tenma
2 Yasuie Gouma
2 Shishiyuzuki
2 Hougen Wing
2 Homura Raider
1 Mandala Ryuou
1 Onibibu Radar

>G3
4 Trial Yasuie
3 Revelation Yasuie

>G2
4 Yashabayashi
4 Ikyuu
3 Ooboshi

>G1
4 Ataka
4 Onibayashi
4 PG
3 Siren Fox

>G0
1 Onifundou (starter)
4 Tamayuki (heal)
4 Hiden Scroll (stand)
4 Dart Spider (stand)
4 Drench Serpent (stand)

My bad I meant max ooboshi not onibayashi. You can replace revelation with Furious Hair Stealth Rogue, Ikkaku. Check out gbt13 to see what else you can use because gbt13 support was what made muro go from bad to decent.
Also you can replace onifundou with Stealth Demon of Crow Feathers, Fugen. One of my friends run two of those.

Fuck the vanguard rotation se just got some grata cards that deserved more love

Why Fugen over Onifundou? Onifundou gives the deck something to do with its soul, sets up plays, and pretty much forces control to burn removal on it.
Senbei might be worth finding room for. Otherwise, there's not much from GBT13 for Yasuie that's not already in that list.

>vanguard's getting rotation
What?

Attached: 1468533102311.gif (294x222, 405K)