Stop playing humans in your campaigns, Veeky Forums. Humans are boring and predictable...

Stop playing humans in your campaigns, Veeky Forums. Humans are boring and predictable. Playing non-humans allows more creativity than your run of the mill male human warrior and allows more interesting social interactions with NPCs.

Attached: 1516280763665.jpg (638x957, 282K)

The only time I really feel compelled to play humans is when I want to be a Paladin, for some reason Paladins and humans just feel right together. Every other class though I'm completely fine with playing a different race, and prefer to do so.

Attached: albedo_by_fooooly-dbuzmet.jpg (774x1032, 65K)

But my cowardly 42-year-old arcane trickster rogue with a pot belly and a stump for a left hand was so much fun to play.

I disagree, every non-human character draws from the same cookie cutter stereotype of that race.

There is no stereotypical "human" and so the characters are more interesting by not fitting into what the race "should" be.

Are we back to this shitposting topic?

Except humans aren't defined by a checklist of stereotypes and therefore are more open to changing and adapting, making them more interesting in social interactions

Objective fantasy race tier list

GOD TIER
Humans

GOOD TIER
Dwarves
Halflings
Orcs

OKAY TIER
Gnomes
Half-Breeds

SHIT TIER
Elves
"Dark" Versions of Above Races
Furry Races (Cat Men, Wolf Men, Rat Men, Lizardmen, etc)
Meme Non-Races (Skellingtons, Wookies, etc)

SNOWFLAKE TIER
Literally everything too special to not be listed already

Let's be honest here, most settings could probably be improved by making humans the only race, and instead just having various human cultures take the place of the other races.

Attached: 1520183074953.jpg (1200x1030, 1.29M)

>inb4 200+ replies to shitty bit thread
>inb4 responding to shitty bait is fun :D

Okay listen here motherfucker there are two kinds of men in this world. Big willies and small willies. Pic related, I have a big willy, and you have a small willy. Actual size on a 1080p monitor which is only bought by big willies. Now I don't know about you but growing up I was taught that small willies were to agree with everything the big willies said, if a big willy said it was tuesday first thing on a saturday morning, then it was tuesday and the small willies had to go to school. Just to remind you of where you stand in the pecking order, it goes from top to bottom; big willies, the president of the united states, the manager at 7/11, GameFAQs moderators, my stool, and then small willies like you. The small willies illegally make their opinions heard when there is a big willy present, and that is why Veeky Forums is dying.

Attached: fd.png (1664x736, 60K)

>lizardfolk
>shit tier
You're entitled to your opinion, but I've always had fun playing them. Stopping in the middle of a fight to gnaw on a severed enemy leg is hilarious. Also how they don't really have emotions and struggle to understand/express them is a challenge to roleplay. I also disagree about undead races but the people attracted to them are usually pretty shitty players so I'll grant it to you.

Fuck off fur fag

Not really. I actually enjoy fantasy and sci-fi. Shit like pic related instantly repels me.

Attached: instantly dropped.png (1366x548, 130K)

In my game I made all the typical Tolkien fare into offshoots of humans that evolved for their environments over thousands of years. Elves developed larger pointed ears to hear predators and prey. Darkvision for seeing dangers in the deep forest at night. Charm and sleep resistance to help protect them from rogue fae in the deep wilds. Dwarves are short because mines and tunnels; same with gnomes. Halflings are basically pygmies. I like how it feels, and it's a change to make humans the oldest race instead of the others.

Stop playing non-humans in your campaigns, Veeky Forums. Non-humans are boring and predictable. Playing humans allows more creativity than your run of the mill generic Dwarf or special snowflake half-race and allows more interesting social interactions with NPCs.

Attached: 1518188613000.jpg (1254x1872, 350K)

Humans only just reminds me that we were born into the most boring reality possible.

Actually the issue is we were born at the wrong time; too late for the age of discovery, and too early for the age of space exploration, in terms of physically going places. Any and all discoveries are made behind desks anymore, and yeah, that's boring if you're a hands-on sort.

The stereotype of humans is "nothing" or "boring". You may not like it, and that may not apply to you, but many people play human characters because they have no character. They're either just playing some weird and/or shitty version themselves, or they simply don't have an idea for one. And that's the simple truth the OP is getting at.

The whole "non-humans will be stereotypes" thing doesn't really ring true to me. If you're capable of writing an interesting human character, what's stopping you from writing that same interesting character and filling "Orc" in the race tab instead?

The fuck did I just read?

Attached: Her friend took shady pills and grew a penis.jpg (346x352, 53K)

What makes hip wings so great, Veeky Forums?

Maybe the concept isn't based around being an Orc? The issue is that the other races have societies attached to them in most rulesets, whereas humans are portrayed as a "blank canvas". Sure a good deal of concepts, especially simplistic ones that are meant to be played out and fleshed out in-game can apply to many races, but some players like having 400-page backstories and get their rocks off on being as in-depth beforehand as possible, and often times the demi-races don't fit what they want or need.

>They're either just playing some weird and/or shitty version themselves
And this, my friend, is why people get so angry when you state the truth. You aren't simply presenting an opposing viewpoint, you're rejecting every fiber of their being, because you are rejecting their pathetic self-inserts. That is why you'll have people shit out paragraphs upon paragraphs of insults or whining when you call them out on their lack of creativity.

People that say shit like that are retarded and can't write any kind of good character so humans, who are already super boring, are best suited to them

If you need pointy ears or a dog snout to make your character interesting your literally creatively bankrupt, go play vidya or a murderhobo campaign instead.

It's like the whole all non-humans are a monoculture thing.

I don't play fantasy games, so I have no choice but to play a human user.

Attached: 7115281.png (248x225, 12K)

stop posting

Attached: 1424584597510.png (5120x2880, 486K)

You could be some animal or a robot

Filthy xenos players are filthy heretics, humanity for the win.

Attached: 500px-Emperor_of_mankind_flaming_sword_armor.jpg (500x557, 72K)

>your literally

Attached: 1507170463672s.jpg (221x250, 5K)

get new material

>it's the second season
>this is still the only art of my waifu with my fetishes

>waifuing a gorilla

Humans do have attached societies though: generic european feudal

I hate this bullshit meme.

>literal nuclear war drawing closer by the day as U.S. government constantly escalates with both Russia and North Korea
>literal Nazi's (again)
>emerging technology in space travel set to make us the first generations to witness or become a space fairing people if we don't murder ourselves first
>social pressure and ever improving technology are set to propel us into a legit dystopian hellhole
>if you actually put in
effort you can travel the world, witnessing marvels that would make kings of old weep with jealousy
>possibly cyborgs soon

And that's just off the top of my head. If you can't find something to be enchanted by, it's not because it isn't there, it's because you've convinced yourself it's not.

Sowwy mastar me no spell so gud, me from not frum anglund.

Since this is a shitty bait thread, I wonder how many people on here ACTUALLY think that humans only is automatically superior to settings with multiple race choices. I'd like to have a discussion with those people.

Attached: palladium_fantasy_racial_scale_chart_by_madmanmike-d7h8u6i.jpg (1024x529, 205K)

Handlebars. Same with the horns.

How will albedrones ever recover

Attached: Shalltear_005.jpg (300x168, 7K)

>Hallfings
>good tier
>Gnomes
>Okay tier
Opinion discarded.
There are almost no fantasy settings that have actual feudalism in them though, and I can't actaully think of any setting that isn't Dragonlance that has vaguely European humans being the ONLY humans that exist within the setting.

Half of this isn't good, so why are you trying to prop your opinion up with it? There's plenty to find enjoyable and enthralling with the world, but some people are bound by a need to wander, rove, and discover, and the fact that there are very few places left to do that (space, deep sea) and the necessary steps to get there aren't in place yet creates a sense of emptiness that one can placate but never fill, if that makes sense. Some people have a need to put their names on something, and just going to the same temple out in the far reaches of China or the same Amazonian village as hundreds before have gone isn't the ultimate thrill they want. You can try to say you know better all you want user; you don't.

>best coordination with Russia and North Korea in decades
>the least Nazis ever
>easier than at any time in human history to learn how to spell "spacefaring"
>social pressure almost nonexistent
>hundreds of indistinguishable cities to visit all around the world, so pick the Chinese ones with the copycat landmarks that aren't hobo camps
>cyborgs are all instagram thots

Well, the problem is, every other default fantasy race is unappealing and/or cliche in my eyes, and the group I work with basically only allows the default shit. What else am I to do?

Attached: 1521055604982.jpg (500x500, 19K)

Stop using not being human as crutch to spice up your uninteresting characters.

If they can't make a non-human interesting, chances are their humans would not fare any better.

If you're going to do non-humans. Please do not do humans from a pre-made list of "generic" fantasy races.
The genre of fantasy deserves more imagination than that.

Attached: whale giant.jpg (1036x1188, 353K)

The whole appeal of humans is that they’re NOT predictable. Every other race is centered around stereotypes.

When have you seen a pacifist half-orc that loves to pick flowers? Or a rough and gruff elf that slams beers like a dwarf? Or a gnome holy warrior that’s vehemently anti-mage?

You don’t see these things, mostly because they’re not optimal but also because it completely ruins the stereotype of what these races are. They have been dehumanized

Attached: cindy-a-avelino-hex-shenanigator.jpg (783x959, 172K)

>When have you seen a pacifist half-orc that loves to pick flowers?
I've seen this in PF with a Half-Orc based off some character called King in One Punch Man, but Pathfinder Half-Orcs get a floating +2 to any stat like the humans do so they aren't "shoe horned" into being a martial class like in 3.5 or 5e.
>Or a gnome holy warrior that’s vehemently anti-mage?
>holy
>anti-magic
These seem like contradictions as the gods are all about magical miracles and shit.

I need that big mouth for my big dick
My condolences for you not understanding

>divine
>arcane

Completely different. A divine warrior could easily see mages as attempting to be gods on their own, an abomination to their beliefs and values

IMO, a fantasy setting should include humans to give the audience a baseline to compare to, and then each additional playable / intelligent species should be carefully considered on a case by case basis. If they are there for no other reason than fantasy trope, if they add nothing but "here's Tolkien", then don't include them unless your aim is to be vanilla.

In my current setting, the playable nonhuman options are mushroom person, half-nature-spirit, or a homebrewed revamp I did of the medusa.

Also important: thematic consistency.
Don't just throw any number of concepts you like into the mix, connect them somehow.

Attached: bugs.jpg (474x335, 21K)

They're both still doing magic and they both do it the exact same way with Verbal and Somatic components. At least Psionicists have a point because their supernatural abilities have a totally different process. The only difference between a mage and a cleric is whether you hold batshit in one hand or a silver smiley face. Both of you make scrolls, both of you make wands, both of you make potions, etc.

>SHIT TIER
>Elves

Attached: 1517539856722.png (900x675, 1M)

A group of 4 should always have at least one human to keep it grounded. If you’re all half-Dragon/half-demonic werewolf vampires with oddly colored eyes, something’s not going right.

I disagree. What if you're all meant to be from the same race/location undertaking the same quest together? What if they are all meant to be siblings, or otherwise closely related? What if their quest is of no interest to humans at all or not even relevant to them, or even against them?

>he doesn't play human

Attached: joanna-kizinska-birdy.jpg (952x1352, 148K)

go home diogenes

At some point, this just becomes an argument for aesthetics. For example, I might include tieflings in my world because demons and devils play a big role in the world and players who select this race will have a deeper connection to this part of the setting than a baseline human; I might also include hobgoblins in order to have a coordinated and foreign foe constantly looming over the horizon. Thing is, I could accomplish the same thing by encouraging the would-be tiefling player to make a human with a demonology background; instead of hobgoblins, I could simply have imperialistic evil-humans. Really, the only races you can justify including using this method are those which live in a way humans absolutely could not, which pretty much limits you to fish-people and maybe a couple solitary creatures that can serve as individual threats like giants or dragons.

desu i've been meaning to join Eclipse Phase with a snake uplift or a raven who's with the Dinosaur Identity movement

If only so I can play a fucking raptor and eat people.

Yeah Diogenes go home

I'm human, humans are cool. They're simple folk struggling to find meaning in short lives, they're strong innovators, and they're usually less established than other more stagnant races. I find these things to be appealing and I find most non-humans to be incredibly snowflake besides Dwarves and Elves. Elves are done to death, so are Dwarves. So I might as well play human, which I like. Fuck you OP, go suck an entire bag of dicks.

I pick races for their stats and then roleplay whatever character I feel like roleplaying at the time.

>They're both still doing magic
Serial killers and soldiers both kill people. Yet one is a murderer, and the other isn't.

That's the difference.

Fine, I'll play an Elf. Still gonna play a Fighter.

>There is no stereotypical "human"
>male
>human
>fighter

>Implying the weeb playing a tiefling rogue isnt just trying to be a blue Ezio with horns either

I agree, but usually the bonuses and maluses associated with non-human races do not appeal me / are unbalanced, so i don't play them.

But user, if there aren't any humans in the game, who are the monsters supposed to marry?

No no, even if i don't play them, i want non human races to be present, the more the best.

Humans are actually shit, but they are known, featureless, safe shit, so i pick them.

I love Albedo! She's so beautiful and regal and jealous and she's a walking reaction image machine!
Kind of like Marcille, supporting my theory that you can objectively measure who's Best Girl based on how many reaction images she inspires.

Attached: images[1].jpg (186x271, 11K)

If I'm capable of writing an interesting human character how would making him an Orc make him more interesting?

Attached: eAeNnu0.jpg (1500x1026, 885K)

Is a cyborg ninja a human?

The reason I included things that aren't good is because there are some people in the same vein as 'nothing left to explore' that is basically 'no great battles left to fight.' And I can agree that some people won't be satisfied by anything on offer, but would they have ever been satisfied with anything anyways? They want to be pioneers that get told where the frontier is, rather than actually going out and looking for it.

>GameFAQs moderators
Fuck this is old, isn't it?

Why not have predominantly humans, and then one or two fantasy/scifi/whatever races that are so alien it will present awarding challenges to RP'ers who can contribute meaningfully and subsequently weed out the furfags with feefees?