pastebin.com/cPHzfDFC
pastebin.com/aFWe37Qa
pastebin.com/C22nbCQ2
pastebin.com/2AQhN9Tm
pastebin.com/SY6Z36Pp
pastebin.com/SWHseBRh
discord.gg/ygopro-percy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ordered a load of old cards in foil last night to pimp out my Yugi, Kaiba and Joey decks, and it felt really really good. Expecting any mail /ygo/?

Looking to get into the game with a friend. I ordered in some singles I liked under an archetype, and may be forking over the cost for my friend as well. What's a good set/structure deck I can get for him to give him the most bang for my buck?

ie., What's a good structure deck to get a friend into the game?

I think it'd be more fun to work from some booster packs, but that's just me

ik the decks would be filled with varying amounts of shit + opness but that's part of the fun of early yugioh

I'm going to buy us some packs to build from, but he definitely needs a starting point. I know from experience coming at him with 'here's a vast selection, now choose from all these cards with no central plan' won't work with him. I also know from experience that as soon as he learns he can optimize his deck with singles and boosters he will immediately switch to that. The structure deck is just the bait.

I started with pure boosters having 'miniduels' of 5 cards with friends, never bought a structure/starter deck in my life, that's why I was saying it.

The BEWD, Monarchs and Dinosaur ones are great if you can find them.

I recommend 3 of whatever structure deck. Getting just one gives you a barely playable deck that usually only has 1 of each important card.
A list of SD from the past half-decade, the aesthetic, and how they play:

>Wave of Light; abstract crystal angels; attrition through traps
>Cyberse Link; computers; build up boards of monsters that connect to gain more effects
>Dinosmasher's Fury; weird dinosaur aberrations; generate lots of advantage with a huge disruptive boss
>Machine Reactor; clockpunk mecha; swarm out huge monsters that fuck over combat traps
>Pendulum Domination; corporate demons and possessed kings; not good for a beginner, incredibly high skill curve combo deck
>Seto Kaiba; combining mecha; easy to summon boss that can split into its material
>Yugi Muto; fucking magnets; annoying to summon boss that struggles at doing half the things ABC does
>Rise of the True Dragons; dragons and dragon worshipers; reanimate big dragons
>Emperor of Darkness; heavily armored royalty, looks a bit like Dark Souls 2; control deck with lots of ways to disrupt
>Master of Pendulum: Chinese alchemists, elemental dragons, and circus performers; combo-aggro deck, somewhat complex, but easier than Pendulum Domination
>Synchron Extreme; racing, recycling, small animals, and space; playing the deck is more like solving a puzzle than playing the game
>HERO Strike; tokusatsu/Japanese superheroes; transform your monsters into various forms to whittle away at your opponent's resources
>Geargia Rampage; goofy gear robots with giant mecha; swarm out weak monsters to swarm out middling power mechs that help swarm with weak monsters
>Realm of Light; DEUS VULT; send your deck to the grave then do a bunch of things, depending on your build
>Cyber Dragon Revoultion; machine dragons; beat face with big robots
>Saga of Blue-Eyes White Dragon; the titular dragon and priestess that supports her; play Blue-Eyes more times in one duel than Kaiba does in the anime

PRINT THE GETTERROIDS ALREADY
sincerely,
/m/

Thanks a metric ton!

Reminder to BUY TIMELORDS

Attached: SandaiontheTimelord-CP18-JP-OP.png (268x391, 253K)

I was the person with the DMD deck like two or three threads ago. I have 2 Ebon High Magicians, Dark Magical Circle, Secret Village, and a Dark Magician of Chaos coming in the mail.

Just rebuilt my Gishkis the other day, and I'm planning on ordering Zoodiacs soon.

i have to try gishkis with the new devirituals.

Pendulums eternally killed the meta
fuck power creep and fuck newfags

I'd like to get started playing on YGOPRO, what's a good starter list if I have the basics of playing down? (up to the pendulum era).

Pendulums have only been tier 0 once.

just pick an archtype you like and go at it. Unless you want to play meta that is.

What's good?

Pendulum Magician, Trickstar, Invoked/Mekk Knight, True Draco, and Zefra, with various other stuff having some small presence.

And where do I find lists?

yugiohtopdecks.com/

Learn Links. Which version of ygopro do you have?

Burning Abyss will never not be good.

The games died after that. I was using it as a benchmark, more than anything.
It used to be that you actually needed to plan some of what you do, make X move with Y and Z cards instead of Y move with A and Z. Now it's just memorizing a bunch of ways to spam special summons and/or wipe out your opponent's field. Power creep is shit.

i took a long hiatus from the game when pendulums hit the format, now i hear there are link monsters aswell and my head is just sort of spinning with all these new monsters, formats and so on, i want to get back into the game so im wondering... will my lightsworn deck hold up to the decks of today or should i get a new deck?

>will my lightsworn deck hold up to the decks of today
kek, probably not.
Your only shot is getting a lucky OTK.
I remember when my Koaki Meiru deck was somewhat decent.

People have been making this exact claim for a decade at least by now.

Lightsworns pop up from time to time at tournaments. You just need a few updates, then you'll be able to compete to a degree. Important newer cards include Lumina, Twilightsworn Shaman; Fairy Tail - Snow; Giant Rex; Performage Trickclown; and Minerva, the Exalted Lightsworn.

The original few sets were really slow in comparison to late GX and 5DS, yeah. It's just gotten even worse now.

This is the slowest format we've had since 2014's HAT format. Out of the big decks of the format, only Pendulum Magicians are a "masturbate your deck onto your field" deck, and pretty much every format since Zexal has had at least one of those.

You're right, the eras with FTKs that dominated the meta at some points were extremely slow.

Lightsworns are one of the top rogue decks right now

Lightsworns are a cheap still goodstuff deck, it has gotten a couple of upgrades over the course of the year, but they are very much viable in both casual setting and competitive.

why are Dragon rulers are still banned?

Pendulums and Kozmo are what happens when people ask themselves "I mean fun sounds nice, but how far can we go to make people depressed?"

>Zefra
>good
holy shit what did I miss

Reminder that if you don't own THREE copies of this WAIFU, you aren't ALLOWED to play the game! So pay up goy!

Attached: mrorica-ash-blossom-joyous-spring-yugioh-orica-proxy.jpg (813x1185, 183K)

Electrumite is that fucking retarded.

Zefra weren't even that bad since Zefraath came out, they just existed during Zoodiac format and never stood a chance.

Does anyone know the pull rate on this card? If you pick up a Kaiba box for 30$ at the store, one of these cards pays for over 2 more. Combine that with some of the cards going for a decent price too, and these boxes seem like free money. Are they just that rare?

Supposedly they got short printed, and certain people who have bought a lot of them have said there are only 2 in a case. However, these "market analysts" are known to generate hype and sow misinformation for cards just to sell them for higher prices. Some people have pulled 3-4 in boxes, and some havent. Its all a lottery so its hard to say if its shortprinted or not.

>Electrumite
Holy fucking shit, that thing vomits value.

If there is even 1 ash on average per pack, that's instant money. Any more and you could buy a full decent deck. Hell, my full foil Blue Eyes deck only cost 150$ (not counting my 3 ashs)

Also its hard to find Kaiba boxes in general due to the Ash hype, so even the boxes are being sold for higher prices by vendors now.

I live in the middle of nowhere and bought all 3 my Wal-Mart was stocking. Made enough to buy an entire burning abyss deck and keep an ash to finish my set

No kidding, it singlehandedly put Pendulums on the map. Hopefully they ban astrograph magicians and the rest of the zarc magicians soon, theyre just too retarded to exist.

Attached: MillenniumEyesRestrict-LED2-EN-UR-1E.png (532x789, 1.06M)

I've come to terms with the fact that the majority of the time the meta is going to be dominated by something really stupid ages ago so they don't really bother me that much.

Attached: Demise&Ruin High Royalty.png (566x391, 513K)

Thanks for showing me the Geargia. They're fun as fuck to play.

I love the guy that draws these. Armpits are the best.

Not a problem. Protip: Try mixing them with Karakuri sometime.

Make Gladiators Great Again

Attached: GladiatorBeastHeraklinos-TF05-JP-VG.png (544x544, 635K)

Is there anyplace I can visit where I can just see silly/fun/stupid "tribal" decks for casual play amongst friends.

Like, say toons. I want to look at decks that focus on almost entirely all toon support, instead of meta shit+toon. don't think there's any site like that, but I might be wrong?
Worst case I'll just go to the wiki and pick and choose only stuff off archetype/character deck pages.

Attached: 1477161789578.jpg (418x299, 13K)

What do you mean by "meta shit"? Toons aren't in any way meta. Do you mean no generic/staple cards? Or are there certain cards you want to avoid? Because Terraforming helps a lot of casual decks actually play in an enjoyable way.

Yeah, I'd like less generic/staple cards, preferably staple monsters, and somewhat traps.
extra/side deck stuff is fine, whatever can go in there as long as there's room for as many themed/fitting cards as comfortable. Like, you don't need to have 2 copies of cyber twin most of the time, but in a cyber dragon deck...
Anything that's for searching and using the actual archetype cards is fine. Like, Terraforming, warrior returning alive are perfectly fine.

But I'm stick of like ghost ogre upstart goblin (kinda), maxx C, effect veiler, solemn(s), compulsory evacuation device if that makes sense.

Tell me some decks you'd be interested in, and I can whip up some lists.
Here's a Toon list, by the way: pastebin.com/p4Rf2Y5D

That's part of why I wanted a site, lol. I'm unsure what I'd want to play, except most machine decks are nice.
Karakuri, Deskbot, Dinomist, Superheavy Samurai, Geargia, Gagaga, Qliphort, Nordic, Noble Knight, and Raidraptor all looked fun, off the top of my head.
If you want to do any of those, that would be great.
Thanks for the toons, though. Better example than what I had whipped up.

You should define if you just want to build budget or not, which will cut out expensive staples. But for stuff like Dinomist you'd definitely want electrumite

Dinomists are playable without Electrumite because they can easily summon Mistar Boy. Electrumite is fine if he is willing to pay $60+ for it.

Karakuri: pastebin.com/NzTJQm89
Deskbot: pastebin.com/cPHzfDFC
Dinomist: pastebin.com/aFWe37Qa
Superheavy Samurai: pastebin.com/C22nbCQ2
Geargia: pastebin.com/2AQhN9Tm
Gagaga: pastebin.com/SY6Z36Pp
Qliphort: pastebin.com/SWHseBRh

Any extra room in the extra deck, fill with cards of your choice. Emphasis has been made on minimizing staples, and using as many cards of each archetype as reasonably possible. I'll write more later, but with some drafts I did that I didn't like the way I turned out, I've hit the pastebin limit for now.

Absolutely Amazing.
Thanks, m8.

Attached: 1421388020459.png (666x666, 444K)

Seems interesting. I'll look into it when i'm done with pure Geargia.
They seem like they would combo well with Ancient Gear as well, so thats neat. Love me some ancient gear

Try to include the link to the Percy discord in the next op if you're trying to make this a general.

discord.gg/ygopro-percy

Main reason is that the download links sometimes stop working and the ones used in their servers always worked. You can also ask for help if you're having problems with ygopro. It's also really active, so you can easily find games.

Anybody got a good decklist for Ghostricks? I've been playing them on DL and I have playsets of Mummy, Alucard and the new trap card from EXFO but outside of the really meme-y deck they are in DL where you use Skeleton to deck your opponent out, I'm not sure how to build them IRL and apparently Links hit them really hard, but I love their artwork and their playstyle and I really wanna try em.

Still waiting on some Burning Abyss cards that a vendor shipped but they got lost in transit. Gonna be ordering Fluffals, Edge Imps, & Frightfurs for my GF, either that or Madolche, when i get my tax refund.

My GF expressed interest in the game and likes excessively cute things. So i figured, as did my friends who play, reccomended Madolches/Frightfurs

Links didn't really kill Ghostrick. You just need to flip the materials face down. It doesn't work against Tokens, but stuff like Needle Ceiling can just destroy them.

Can you play this without shellung out thousands or at least hundreds for the top tier decks, or will you get blown out? And I'm not talking kitchen table, I want to at least be able to have some fun games even if the tryhards show up at the lgs.

>thousands
This isn't MtG
>hundreds
Most decks that top regionals and YCSes are around that point, but there are a bunch of decks you can easily hold up with at a local tournament for even under $100.

The cheapest but best decks you can get go for $40-60 if you buy 3 of a structure deck and combine all the good cards together into a 40-card deck. Casual decks that are made up largely of singles from boosters and stuff generally cost around $100-200 while competitive decks cost around $400-600, depending on what you're playing.

Most deck cores are generally pretty cheap with a few money cards here and there; Trickstars for instance, are meta but most of the cards in it are all pretty cheap, with the only super expensive card being pic related at $30-50 each, with the deck running 3. The real money, however, lies in the generic staple cards any deck can use like Droll & Lock Bird or Ash Blossom, which generally sit at $20 - $80.

Attached: TrickstarReincarnation-COTD-EN-ScR-1E.png (688x1010, 1.57M)

Straight magical muskets will run you 50 bucks altogether.

>3 Caspar at $14 each
>3 Starfire at $10 each
That's already about $70.

dont forget your $50 ashes

You can win locals with almost anything.
Regionals? Maybe not anything, but if your petdeck is decent and you dont make a single misplay you can top because most people dont read cards and will walk into shit they dont know about. You'll probably need the expensive staples though, at least Ashes. So maybe like $200.
YCS? You should definitely have a fully decked-out meta deck here.

Oh shit. Forgot. Still don't have those

considering building a yugioh cube draft for some dumb fun with friends every once in a while. Anyone ever tried something like that and have experiences to share?

Hey guys I've been collecting cards for years and was wondering about the link cards, never tried them in gameplay or collected them, what's a good booster box to buy to get me started, only looking for English versions.

Extreme Force has link monsters, Spirit Warriors has 1 archetype specific one as a rare. The new starter deck and structer deck built around Cyberse monsters has good link monsters

Thanks!

fuck all of you, stop being so nice. shitpost more like on Veeky Forums

Attached: kaiba.jpg (960x900, 82K)

So how long will Veeky Forums be dead?

>brandish are good now
What the fuck? Do we seriously have to deal with brandishfags pushing their shit waifu?

Until Hiro runs out of hotpockets. I really wanna try the new Ruin with Cyber Angels, hell, might also stick the new Demise in the deck with them too.

Attached: DemiseRuinYoung.png (566x391, 493K)

they should retrain dokurorider and the other not-ghostrider cards

Graceful ruin is better than supreme demise, since she has inherent protection for all rituals. I dont see a point inf big demise besides making a decent lock with big Ruin.

Other half of fluffal and predaplant decks in the mail.

I've pulled a playset of toon kingdom while trying to pull millennium eyes should I build a toon deck or mortgage my house and build a trickstar deck?

Do you want to have fun or do you want a competitive deck?

both and there are only 2 srs players at my local both running gemknight ftk/otk

I just want to have a fun evening every now and then, playing some strangers at the LGS. That has become pretty much impossible with MtG because people only bring thousands of dollars in decks in Modern and Legacy, and Pokémon isn't fun either because stomping kids just isn't. Now I guess I just have to find out if there's actually a scene around here.

Youll just get btfo if you play toons against them then

Just look around and find an archtype you like then and build a deck. You can have fun at locals with almost anything as long as it isnt overrun with tourneyfags. But most yugioh locals are fairly casual.

I guess I'll get the mortgage application ready.
I wouldn't want to be btfo'd

Trickstars are fairly cheap all things considered. Probably the best pauper meta deck.

not as cheap as my "3rd place" 3x linkstrike deck.

Well on the brightside, you can win locals consistently with trickstars and make your money back with the winnings.

Good point.

Is a dark world deck worth building? Returning player so I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Ya, bit Trickstars are by and large the least fun deck to play against. Nobody is gonna like you if you play them.

Hell, you could win locals running a decent tier 2 like Blue-Eyes or burning abyss. I think, forgetting Ash, a good pure Blue Eyes deck (not the invoked version) costs only like 150$.

My deck is entirely foil, so it cost a bit more. I run a mostly pure build, but with Arkbrave/Amorphage Goliath so I have a win condition

No-one will ever like me there anyway trickstar's still seems like the best option.

I read stuff like "excluding Ash" a lot, but are those decks still able to win anything without it? It feels a bit like "excluding Force of Will this is pretty cheap", but in Legacy you can't leave your house without FoW.