mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous Thread:
veekyforums.com/thread/58496293/games

Attached: brand-new-old-game.png (1.04 MB, 1366x768)

All urls found in this thread:

3plusplus.net/2018/03/necron-codex-leak/
youtube.com/watch?v=AMFpacMtScw
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit
veekyforums.com/thread/58496293/games
m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0s1RAylVZY
veekyforums.com/thread/58485345/games
veekyforums.com/thread/58501927/games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Orkz

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

First for Magnus did nothing wrong

Attached: one-smug-primarch.jpg (89 KB, 468x810)

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Attached: this-faggot.jpg (108 KB, 630x484)

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

poor grey knights

Attached: F.jpg (168 KB, 781x495)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

I miss when there was only one jetbike confirmed to be still functional in M41

MPmaster
MPmaster

Posted this in the last thread but only got two conflicting replies. Would like to get more input and suggestions before starting the build.

I'm starting a new Tau army, but I'm having trouble deciding between three different options. I don't actually play 40k so it's irrelevant how effective the actual army would be.
Option A
A cadre from the Sa'Cea Sept stationed on a lush temperature rainforest world, on campaign against local ork warbands. Uniform would essentially be that of Cadians (khaki fatigues, olive green armor). A pretty even split between infantry and crisis suits, but few vehicles due to the terrain, and no auxiliaries.
Option B
A cadre from an (as-of-yet) unnamed colony that has been established on a jungle moon orbiting a gas giant, fighting against a local contingent of human guerillas. Uniform would consist of either black or dark brown fatigues and dark green, camouflaged armor, with black accents. After being stationed here for so long, the Fire Warriors have become somewhat "savage," decorating their armor with things like skull and tooth necklaces, hides of vicious local wildlife, the odd skull from a defeated enemy. A very Vietnam War-themed army. Army composition would be almost entirely infantry with a big focus on Kroot auxiliaries. The occasional battlesuit as well, very battle damaged and worn from years of use without much in the way of maintenance.
Option C
A cadre from the Vior'La Sept on campaign on a desert world not unlike Mars. Uniform would be bone-colored fatigues and dark red armor, with accessories like robes and headscarves to protect parts of the armor from the abrasive, microscopic dust that whirls around the planet in massive sandstorms. Heavy reliance on vehicles, all infantry units accompanied by a Devilfish, and maybe some flyers from Forge World.

Attached: tau1.jpg (131 KB, 1600x956)

King_Martha
King_Martha

Repostin' the killteam stuff from last thread.

Attached: Screenshot-(738).png (1.59 MB, 1416x1019)

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Fires of Cyraxis when?

5mileys
5mileys

more chaos superheavies that aren't FW when

w8t4u
w8t4u

Shush you, Banana Bikes are beautiful

likme
likme

Custards aren't pants on head retarded, at the end of the heresy they put their toys away rather than leaving them outside in the rain.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Attached: Screenshot-(733).png (1.86 MB, 1685x1020)

Techpill
Techpill

Still no plastic Sororitas rumours

Attached: Lutherniel-artist-Warhammer-40000-фэндомы-4359495.jpg (67 KB, 589x849)

Snarelure
Snarelure

When you get Angron or Fulgrim, depending on if Slaanesh occurs this summer

Skullbone
Skullbone

nth for Ordo Sepulturum

Attached: 2-27161843.jpg (59 KB, 505x718)

Flameblow
Flameblow

Don't play Tau

Best advice you'll ever get

SniperGod
SniperGod

Eww primarchs are boring

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Attached: Screenshot-(734).png (1.93 MB, 1542x1059)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

So new kill team is stand alone? I played kill team in 7th a good chunk and had fun with a few games of shadow war. I'll probably buy the new Kill team, especially since it looks like it comes with skitarii and neophytes, both which I could use more of.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Except dooming his own species to a slow death.

Attached: Magnus-did-nothing-wr....jpg (629 KB, 800x1137)

JunkTop
JunkTop

I don't actually play 40k so it's irrelevant how effective the actual army would be.
Reading is hard, huh?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

[suddenly daemons]

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Attached: Screenshot-(735).png (2.39 MB, 1920x1080)

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

t. Butthurt Dangle

Attached: VertusPraetors.png (1.48 MB, 1294x865)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

I may not collect, paint, play, or really understand what 40k is, but even I know Tau are for weebs.

Play Necrons instead.

askme
askme

Do 'Nam Tau.

Inmate
Inmate

Attached: Screenshot-(736).png (1.56 MB, 1736x931)

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

NOT a poof just don't like custodes simple as

Playboyize
Playboyize

I wonder if Custodes will be good in kill team

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Who /Custodes/ here?

Attached: file.png (1.14 MB, 1036x785)

Emberfire
Emberfire

Attached: Screenshot-(737).png (1.11 MB, 1231x963)

SniperWish
SniperWish

I don't know what that means. Which one of my options does that correlate to?

RavySnake
RavySnake

What does a guy have to do to get some BIG CELESTINE TITS in his face

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Yes it will have its own ruleset which looks based on the standard rules, but with major differences nonetheless.

JunkTop
JunkTop

One man army

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

NOT a poof

The user doth protest too much, methinks

King_Martha
King_Martha

So how are Tau doing with their new codex? Are they mid tier at least? Did they get point drops? I would actually prefer to see them buffed rather than cheaper point-wise because I already find them quite expensive to play $$$-wise compared with other armies like marines, DG or custodes

Attached: scared.png (649 KB, 823x773)

Bidwell
Bidwell

people still not giving up the sister meme

Attached: images.jpg (6 KB, 260x194)

idontknow
idontknow

Most Tau players seem pissed commander spam is gone

SniperGod
SniperGod

Option B reminds me of the Tau from Fire Caste, and I think it is the best. Option C also sounds good if you are good with greenstuff.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Attached: 40kg.png (11 KB, 665x118)

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

I prefered their depiction as Warrior-Scholars there rather than the mono-task Bodyguard-Autists ADB depicted them as.

They're supposed to have been the Emperor's companions as well as bodyguards, it makes sense he'd make them capable of holding a half-decent conversation rather than "I CAN'T TALK M'LORD I NEED TO CHECK THE PERIMETER AGAIN, IT'S BEEN ALMOST 40 SECONDS SINCE THE LAST CHECK".

Attached: 150347254245.jpg (193 KB, 700x561)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

ridiculous fluff breaking garbage is gone
Tau players upset

Unprecedented.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

So Gauss cannons got a nice buff to heavy 3 S6 AP-3 Dd3 assuming the leaks are accurate.

Are Destroyers good now?

DeathDog
DeathDog

I hope they let you pick your kill team from individual models off data sheets, not entire squads like the Fate of Konor missions. I hate having to use entire devastator squads just to get a pair of heavy bolters

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

I think that they will be unplayable - saves are too good and GW is too lazy to give us some alternative kill team stats for custodian guard or wardens.

Attached: comment-R99uEu1a8f2mFClqRGjfBWQfJc1Pw8ba.gif (5.59 MB, 480x330)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

They're okay. Pretty much nothing but buffs. T''''au fags are just mad because they're not OP again like in 7th. Everyone else is just poking them for fun.

Don't ever pick an OP army unless you also have a backup, because it will get nerfed to hell next edition. Unless you're playing Eldar, for some reason they're always strong. I can't ever recall an edition where they were bad.

Supergrass
Supergrass

What's the cheapest army cash wise? I'm guessing eldar are the most expensive?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

ADB making characters bad.

Unprecedented.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

So what's the point of it when this exists?

Attached: Kill-Team-8th.pdf (6.12 MB, PDF)

Lunatick
Lunatick

If /pol/ can meme themselves a president, /40kg/ can sure as hell meme ourselves plastic sisters.

Attached: 1520044068551.jpg (381 KB, 1000x707)

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Well yeah; they did it by not nerfing commanders and buffing other units. A shame that they fisted in a hard limit instead of internal balance fixes.

HELL YEAH BOI

Attached: 1520367144080.gif (87 KB, 300x300)

Booteefool
Booteefool

Agreed

We were never soldiers.

Whenever we are seen outside the walls of this place, as rare as that is, it is in our martial aspect. We are clad in gold, just as it was in the earliest days when He was our living captain, and mortals fall on their faces as if before gods. To them, it must seem as if we are wrath incarnate. To them, it must seem as if we were created for destruction and nothing else.

But we were His companions, once. We were the ones in whom He confided. We were His counsellors, we were His artisans. We were the first glimpse of what the species could become, if shepherded aright and unshackled from its vicious weaknesses.

Of course, we were taught to fight. He knew that war would come. It was a necessary part of the ascension, though it was never destined to last for eternity. We were the guardians of a new age, and had to be strong enough to keep it secure.

We failed in that, and now wear the mark of that failure in the black robes that cover our auramite. It is a permanent reminder, replacing the cloaks of blood-red that once adorned our battle-plate. It weighs heavy with every one of us, for we know more of the nature of the fall than most. We still recite the old stories, and we study in the lost archives where we alone are suffered to tread, and so do not have the comforting illusions of ignorance to salve the wound. In a galaxy defined by ignorance, we remember. We cultivate the shards of the thing that was broken, and remain aware of what would have been.

We have many duties. But that is just as it should be, for we are not simple creations. The aeons have changed us in so many ways, but not in that.

We were a thousand things to a thousand souls, but we were never soldiers.

Attached: file.png (830 KB, 674x688)

girlDog
girlDog

Oi fuckin' nice are they redoing Killteam for 8E?

happy_sad
happy_sad

The ones with the least amount of models. That would be GK or Custodes. Sadly, they both suck. If you buy used, marines are cheapest. The used market is flooded with them.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

You would need to actually focus on memetics outside of Veeky Forums.

Snarelure
Snarelure

I would be happy to run an army of ~20 fire warriors, few crisis suits and a broadside because this guy is sexy as fuck but I heard that Tau got point drops and now they are semi-horde

nice get slaanesh

Attached: check-em.png (181 KB, 278x278)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

because the new rules will be worse and more complicated and will make more money

Emberburn
Emberburn

Probably custodes or knights.

Or anything you get second hand from somebody's mom getting rid of their old toys or some autist rage quitting, but those are rare treasures.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Option B will require a lot more greenstuff than Option C. C will be easy, just robes, cloaks, and hoods, nothing I haven't done before. Option B will mean crafting a lot of necklaces, hides, damage, etc. I can still do it, it'll just take forever. But like I said, I don't play so it doesn't matter how long it takes.

DeathDog
DeathDog

[Dies in Krieg]

Attached: krieg.jpg (152 KB, 1024x731)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

The codex is actually pretty decent but T'''''''''au players are salty because their BS and markerlight table are unchanged.

The army is still good, but they will need to adapt.

The amount of salt on leddit and ATT was one of the most entertaining things since the release of 8th though

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

checked
One time I won a full tyranid army (like over 3500 points worth) on ebay for $400 and paid immediately. The seller messaged me and said "uhh sorry I forgot to put a reserve on it" and cancelled the auction and refunded my money. I was so pissed off.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Two halves of Dark Imperium give you nearly 1500pts of DG/Primarines. 2x Skitarii SC give you nearly 1000pts. Box of bikes and two boxes of custodian guard give you 1000pts of bananas. Also both Prospero and BaC games come with over 1000pts of marines

Booteefool
Booteefool

That way lies tactics to get normies to bark at GW over feminist inclusion, and that way lies heresy user.

MPmaster
MPmaster

*puts on hat and coat*

Attached: 1515128537918.jpg (2.22 MB, 1576x2000)

King_Martha
King_Martha

I don't know about good, but they're a hell of a lot better. Points reduction to 50 in the leaks, and with the new Cryptek now able to keep pace with the 10" move, they might actually benefit from a RP bonus. S6 I don't think is nearly as relevant as the 3rd shot they got. The damage output of the weapon was so poor, but adding 50% more shots to a very accurate and now cheaper platform is a marked improvement.

Soft_member
Soft_member

Not soon enough friend.

Bidwell
Bidwell

How bad are Custodes?

massdebater
massdebater

Although they're covered in gold they're blue on the inside.

Attached: 1511200987578.png (266 KB, 459x458)

iluvmen
iluvmen

normies

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

*salutes fellow history enthusiast*

Attached: 1518912743242.jpg (279 KB, 662x502)

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

they get easily swamped by models but they're dead killy

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

You lose but you feel like a turbo chad while doing it

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

The bikes are good in imperium soup, but as a mono army they suck. Like all elite armies they cant stand up the volume of fire in this edition.

Skullbone
Skullbone

Krieg > Dark Angels

Attached: 179818.png (857 KB, 662x757)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

tfw Scoria survives to 40k like Cawl

Attached: 1518996653899.jpg (45 KB, 480x515)

Firespawn
Firespawn

Strange how ADB succeeded that one time in making a one-dimensional character interesting (Betrayer has probably the best depiction of Angron) and after that proceeded to make characters that had all the setup to have some depth to them very one dimensional.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Oh dear is it that time again?

StonedTime
StonedTime

Oh I don't want to play Tau because they used to be good - I know that GW is changing rules every friday. I find their aesthetic and not-grimderp-into-oblivion fluff neat but getting two start collecting boxes, an optimised pathfinder team box, a cadre fireblade and a broadside to play 1000pts is just too much for me

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

nothing>krieg>dark angels

TechHater
TechHater

water aelves confirmed
Chalk up another confirmation for Haechi

What is left is Speed Kult Orks release and SW Codex in August I think from his leaks

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

I remember that one time I recognized obvious design cues.

MPmaster
MPmaster

Anyone tried out a Linebreaker Bombardment list for chaos space marines? Seems like fun but whats the best way to protect the Vindicators?

King_Martha
King_Martha

pls no, i'd have to go to the ER for raging erection

farquit
farquit

Hey newjack here trying to get together my Krieg army. I started collecting right before the 8th edition transition started so I waited for the dust to settle before hoping back in.

So how does my army actually work? Do I used Index, Imperial Guard Codex, or FW: Index for the DKoK army list? Do I use any one of these, or mix them? Any guidance will be appreciated.

5mileys
5mileys

Speed Kuly Orks

Please Allah let this be true

cum2soon
cum2soon

I honestly don't get this meme. Commissars look more Napoleonic than nazi (aside from the hat) and they act like soviets. All other IG units are like a mashup of WWI and starship troopers.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

The smaller the game the better they are

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

dark mechanicus actually get a codex

Techpill
Techpill

I may not collect, paint, play, or really understand
We've found it. The ultimate post to summarize /40kg/.

TreeEater
TreeEater

Which army is in a better place right now, Thousand Sons or Death Guard? I'd really like a chaos army that can field their daemon primarch

Attached: 1520697326976.gif (1012 KB, 500x281)

Skullbone
Skullbone

"The boy, Darak, turned his eyes up to Diocletian. ‘Are your parents soldiers?’ ‘No,’ said Diocletian. ‘They are long dead. My mother was a slave who died of intestinal flux, and my father was a barbarian king executed by the Emperor’s own hand for opposing the principles of Unity.’ ‘The... what?’ ‘I’ve finished speaking with you,’ Diocletian told the boy."

Attached: file.png (315 KB, 390x599)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

photoshop the dice out, put the effort in damn

Emberburn
Emberburn

FW index dkok and codex for any stuff you can have that isn't in the index

Firespawn
Firespawn

Well, they don't really need protection. The whole point of linebreaker bombardment is to give them something to do after they get charged. You shouldn't use it otherwise since the individual guns of the three vindicators do more damage than the stratagem.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Could there really be something to it?

Hmmm

Attached: 1517437788864.jpg (1.8 MB, 1537x1500)

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

t. history """""enthusiast"""""

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Well so far basically everything else he leaked came true. Unfortunately he said Orks weren't till late in the year so you got a while to wait yet

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Custodes are legit my least favorite faction after Dangles.

TechHater
TechHater

What is left is Speed Kult Orks release
B-but my kans and dreads

Attached: b73.png (210 KB, 600x390)

FastChef
FastChef

I'd say Thousand Sons.

I'm biased as fuck though.

JunkTop
JunkTop

A very Vietnam War-themed army
I have no idea what that is

Have some chocolate thighs.

Attached: 1520969765242.jpg (145 KB, 1367x1354)

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Dunno what about literally every other Regement?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

SPEAKING of ATT, did anyone get any screencaps from anywhere about the salt? Just started tau but salt is fine to enjoy regardless. Expecting BS3 across the army was a silly thing to think would happen. The most likely was crisis squad commanders, and THAT was a long shot

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

put in the effort
all models in same pose
E F F O R T
F
F
O
R
T

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

:(

Attached: file.png (1.85 MB, 1280x796)

Soft_member
Soft_member

I've been watching Dawn of War 2 walkthroughs so I hope Kill Team lets me make a force like that instead of just using 2 regular squads. That's what made 7th ed kill team so boring

cum2soon
cum2soon

Please please please please

Attached: FWDrillPreview-Mar12-Terrax1rc.jpg (339 KB, 920x634)

takes2long
takes2long

What went so right?

Attached: 1496482292661.jpg (351 KB, 894x894)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Good, humanity has been nothing but a blight on the galaxy, the fucking orks have done more good for it frankly.

but user, you are human
Yes, but humanity as it exists in 40k isn't the humanity I relate to, they don't act like humans, and stand as an insult to all the potential we once held in that history. I can't feel empathy for these beasts on human skin.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

I know orks love fighting, but do they see death in combat as glorious? Or do they never think that far ahead?

TreeEater
TreeEater

not just playing so well no one notices the monopose

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

oh lawdy

Emberfire
Emberfire

Wow holy fuck tanks with traversing turrets look like tanks with traversing turrets, armoured cars look like armoured cars and drones with catipillar tracks look like drones with catipillar tracks. Soon you be showing us how basilisks look like self propelled artillery

Firespawn
Firespawn

I'm leaning towards them too, but I'm pissed that they didn't get any new models like DG (yeah they ported flying goats from AoS, but that was a cheap ass move)

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

What do you mean?

Attached: 1483858056616.png (962 KB, 1920x1080)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

You can use either one, user. I would START building your collection toward the standard guard fare, like the Leman Russ tanks etc, that have the neato Krieg bitz and attachments.

After that I'd recommend branching out to the weird Krieg stuff like mole mortars and shit. Their sculpts are all great so it should be a fun time.

So far FW have only made the indices; they haven't thrown down with regimental doctrine/chapter tactics/equivalent, stratagems, or artefacts that an 8th codex gives you basically for free. So be aware if you go the IA index route you'll be without those extras for a while, and you can bet your ass the first rules they do will be for red scorpions.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Feels good being the best

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

hips on the one on the right

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Attached: [sweating-intensifies].gif (109 KB, 205x260)

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Let's create a new faction. One of outlaws, cutthroats, pirates, deserters, and kroot.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Thanks chief -- I was curious how the dex stuff works as far as special rules regimental things?

Can I name myself <CADIAN> and use the Cadian specific orders?

JunkTop
JunkTop

they never think that far ahead
Bingo.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Mid, probably upper-mid tier. They got a few buffs and more point drops. Pretty divisive though, some things that needed buffing didn't get any (like Crisis), some thigs got inexplicably nerfed (support systems) and they got a limitation of one commander per detachment rather than actually nerfing them, which rustled some jimmies. All suit armies are dead, most of the faction bonuses encourage static gunlines which isn't what a lot of Tau players want.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Why the crying face?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

the first one looks absolutely nothing alike, aside from being a tank
literally all major powers used half-tracks in WWII
... you got me on the goliath mine

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

We need a transport and they announce a FW transport right before a new admech forgeworld rulebook comes out? A man can dream.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Well like catachans and shit seem to be missing

Lunatick
Lunatick

Oh, my apologies, I thought you were saying Do'Nam like it was a Tau sept or something.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

If these are getting 40k rules i am gonna buy 3.
They seem perfect for delivering electroprists and infiltraters.

plus they're damn sexy

Attached: 6283677+-2d74745316817a075c7d3015a85ae83a.jpg (16 KB, 326x313)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

there is no pics because there was no salt the anti-tau memers just keep saying that retarded thing that ATT went down because of salt and not because the servers were shit. the site has went down every single time tau has gotten update

Some players were understandably annoyed that the commander fix was half-assed instead of proper fix like making commanders more expensive while buffing crisis suits in someway

Attached: 1520611776199.png (1.14 MB, 811x1237)

Soft_member
Soft_member

The amount of salt on leddit and ATT was one of the most entertaining things since the release of 8th though

ATT is such an unfun place. I was directed there when I started in 7th and while their tacticas on individual units and options were nice all of their list suggestions boiled down to buy riptides and tetras. Honestly sapped my desire to play them and I just kinda stopped partway through the edition.

I'm visiting my hometown for spring break and my stuffs here and an old buddy wants to play, think the Codex will be out in time?

How are they in 8th? I've got like a cadre fireblade, fifteen fire warriors, four crisis suits, five pathfinders, three stealth suits, four marker drones, a pirana, a broadside, and a hammerhead with longstrike.

Attached: 1409609021264.png (69 KB, 273x457)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

That's because they just got a whole new line right at the end of 7th.

cum2soon
cum2soon

wtf is that german multi-turret tank supposed to be, a captured t-35? That's a russian tank you numpty

Attached: t35.jpg (50 KB, 500x296)

massdebater
massdebater

yes lets make rogue trader armies a thing

likme
likme

start 40k 3 years ago
pick grey knights because the terminators are my favorite model
refuse to use dreadknight because it is the worst looking thing ever
at least my army was cheap and looks cool on the shelf. who knew a land raider and rest terminator army would be so spendy point wise

Attached: 1479851581414.jpg (35 KB, 567x437)

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

If you're playing dkok then your only option is dkok. If you play codex guard then yes

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Because the guy who made the meme thinks IG players should be ashamed of their army being inspired by nazi aesthetics for some reason

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

They believe gork and mork just spit them back as new orks in a cycle of reincarnation, thus they don't fear death

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Its got the big ass admech skull on each door. Which I know doesn't really mean anything but its so prominent and not a detail they had to add

RumChicken
RumChicken

Tau are mid tier in 8th, you should have fun

TechHater
TechHater

Lets be real here user.

The real reason you're gonna buy 3 is because you're gonna get the first two lost when shoving them up your own butt :^)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Codex: Rogue Traders would be fun as fug.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Bit aesthetics are like the one nice thing people are allowed to say about the nazis

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Internal balance still bad
Commanders even better now but with a limit instead of balancing vs crisis
Railheads dogshit vs ion

Booteefool
Booteefool

Sure, let's soup up 40k even more.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Not much really. There was like a 1:1:5 ratio of people mad about the codex, people okay with the codex, and people gloating at whatever salt there was.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

They seem perfect for delivering electroprists and infiltraters.

why not just use stygies or lucius

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

will Kill team actually let me use my deathwatch kill team or will I have to go fuck myself because I have terminators in it?

Attached: Friends.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1440)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Don't let your memes be dreams.

w8t4u
w8t4u

there was no salt

But that's just wrong, there were numerous threads on both ATT and reddit crying about GW hating on Tau and "only caring about selling models" lmao

iluvmen
iluvmen

The special orders and warlord traits only apply to the regiments they come from, and there's some other stuff like transports can only carry stuff that shares their regiment keyword, as well.

Some people will also demand your IG models be the same ones as the rules set you are using, but those people are actually just compressed feces molded into human shape, and not actual people. You can ignore them.

Inmate
Inmate

Overall, they've experienced a points drop. Fire Warriors and broadsides got cheaper. Brigades got cheap, and you can squeeze two into a roughly 2000 point list.

Three or four of the six sept tenets have some nice potential and reasonably viable exclusives.

Commanders are 1 per detachment, including Shadowsun/Farsight.

There's a new type of XV-8 commander.

Coldstar now has a variable loadout of 4 (some have argued 5, due to wording) hardpoints. They can take a max of one high-output burst cannon, and a max of zero CiBs.

Riptides got cheaper, killier, and got some dedicated stratagems that are good.

Ion still better than rail.

Drone saviors has been nerfed, but wargear drone units still provide full victory points, near as anyone can tell.

Most traits and stratagems seem to boost to-wound rolls instead of to-hit rolls, which will be interesting to play around with.

They get version of the orbital bombardment stratagem that is a line between 2-12" long instead of a circle between 2-12" in diameter for the same cost. The benefit is that it's easier not to hit your own dudes with it and the range is a little more consistent, and I'd argue that you get to choose your target points *after* rolling instead of before rolling.

One stratagem deals mortal wounds against a unit that charges crisis suits, and another deals mortal wounds when a crisis suit dies, so suicide suits are definitely a thing.

Aun'va got more expensive, for some goddamned reason. I guess weapons with AP are on the rise?

Darkstrider is now +1 to wound target instead of -1 to target toughness, so he's waaaaay better.

Farsight can't take Ethereals, so I hope you like taking Fireblades to act as HQs for your traditionally battlesuit army.

The JET PACK keyword still exists on several datasheets, but is still unused, as near as anyone can tell.

Attached: 0a2a416761861f86652b748cbd01781e.png (597 KB, 400x4744)

idontknow
idontknow

He wants a bunch of CAD mirrors of the same guy with superfluous rules.

I thought they did a pretty good job with 3 psychic disciplines and stuff. I actually like the rubrics, too. They can do some cute things.

run a bunch of inferno flamers turn 1
teleport sorceror and warptime unit to run again
fire flamers into enemy deployment zone

Does that work?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

allowed
opinions being disallowed
maybe in your shithole

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I love Astra Militarum too user-kun!

Attached: 1521063969504.jpg (467 KB, 2048x1536)

Firespawn
Firespawn

The baneblade is a tiger I/II. There was even a baneblade ace character based on Michael Whittman named Maximillian Weissman who had a homeworld of Konig Prime and had the same number (212) as Whittman's tank. It's barely gets more on the nose than that.

SniperWish
SniperWish

It would need to be highly modular, with lots of independent teams of gormless mercs, that work alongside eachother but not strictly together, all leadership checks being on an individal basis for squads, be they ork freebooterz, tarrelians, kroot, or the trader crew proper

StonedTime
StonedTime

Chaos wants to consume all life until there is nothing left but the Warp. Orks just want to fight. Humans are largely responsible for empowering and propagating Chaos (Eldar started it, but most of them fight against Chaos or at worst bypass it while humans actively join it). It can be surmised that in the context of 40k as a whole, humanity was a mistake.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

playing so well literally every model left on the table shares the same pose with every other duplicate of the model

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

do they see death in combat as glorious

Not really.

They're not in it to 'Die for The Cause™' or anything ideological, they don't want glory or prestige, they just want a good fight, preferably one they win and survive to get more good fights.

Attached: RCO020.jpg (596 KB, 1020x1600)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

I was gonna give a counter arguement, but i also have a EC army, so you might just be right... fug
skull doesnt guarantee anything, and it having volkite weapons are not helping our chances
I'd be into it
Because i like Mars, and giant drills are super cool

Attached: bored.png (10 KB, 344x341)

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Things with a 2+ save are not allowed in Killteam.

God forbid there's actually something that can survive against just fielding two units of 30 ork boyz, or 70 conscripts, or...

Nojokur
Nojokur

But soup is good

Illusionz
Illusionz

The Baneblade doesn't look a thing like a tiger.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Attached: baller-as-fuck.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1040)

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Remember that Tankred still Endures

Attached: 1376110239886.jpg (177 KB, 1024x1562)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

STOP BULLYING IG PLAYERS!

WE'RE NOT NAZIS!

Attached: 1517196720699.png (397 KB, 1070x714)

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

IG has tanks and trucks
Nazis have tanks and trucks
I'm going to make this picture and post it in /40kg/

What is the problem with this? Most people agree that the Nazis had great aesthetics.

Attached: 1518229877751.jpg (172 KB, 2078x999)

Soft_member
Soft_member

RIP

Attached: images-(24).jpg (10 KB, 287x512)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Preaching to the choir

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

You'll do fine. Won't be topping tournaments but that's more than good enough for casual play. Any thoughts on your Sept of choice?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

I don't know whether this lore is still cannon, but apparently when the Nightbringer put the literal fear of death into the galaxy, the orks were out sick. They never learnt to fear death.

Techpill
Techpill

Need to somehow kidnap Niger Stillman and Toumas Pirinen and stick them in a basement with only 1st - 4th ed book to read

Evilember
Evilember

No Custodes kill team

Attached: heard-u-chattin-shit-m8.jpg (77 KB, 739x445)

Flameblow
Flameblow

Needs more waifus

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

It was funny the first time, not the other 23 times today.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Counterpoint.

Its all guessing at this point but they have a thrall for scale.

Attached: drill-baby-dril.jpg (81 KB, 920x676)

StonedTime
StonedTime

shitting on Fireblades
I feel like I'm the only Tau guy that likes them. The markerlight is nice and I think it's honestly the best looking Tau model

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

The fact the "nationalist socialist party" turned the German economy around and was a contender against the rest of the world literally a few decades after the first time they did it, is pretty fucking impressive. They'd have been feared and respected *without* the whole genocide thing, that was just the icing on the comically evil cake.

I'm not a historian but that's my very basic understanding of it.

And yeah the empire of man from 40k takes a lot of design cues from them because its a dystopia.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

wtf is that german multi-turret tank supposed to be, a captured t-35? That's a russian tank you numpty

Not knowing the Neubaufahrzeug.

They made 6 of those junkers

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

That's the problem I have with the Nazis. Their aesthetics were too great. Every fascist group outside of Italy and now every FBI honeypot had/has to copy them.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Those cap-badges....

Attached: 41yx69WRvVL.-SY355-.jpg (16 KB, 355x355)

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Dumb frogposters still not giving up their meme.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Fake news!

5mileys
5mileys

a beep boop man can dream user

cum2soon
cum2soon

Have some fucking respect he's got cancer

w8t4u
w8t4u

#tomatoesforCyraxus

Attached: foctitanic.jpg (573 KB, 2722x1778)

iluvmen
iluvmen

I love those tech-thrall minis, I'd love to use them instead of Skitarii, it doesn't make sense to me that the Mechanicus wouldn't use servitors for it's disposable infantry, but I hate working with resin and I don't want cancer.

idontknow
idontknow

I have literally never seen anybody use one of these stupid fucking things, or any of its variants. Why does this exist besides to give the illusion that the Tau actually have a decent number of models to choose from? Can GW please stop the increasingly ridiculous battlesuit spam and give us some fucking decent vehicles again?

Attached: Razorshark.jpg (52 KB, 920x950)

likme
likme

Should be able to take rail rifles t b h f a m.

Golden ending: XV28 Stealth-stat suits with double Rail Rifles.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Just don't show it to anyone. We can all love history together user!

Attached: 1518146727660.jpg (42 KB, 500x495)

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

baneblade is a tiger I/II
Those two tanks look completely different and the baneblade looks absolutely nothing like either of them. It looks way more like a soviet tank.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Please god yes. A faction with multiple units of different looking models, that aren't Tau auxiliaries.

Attached: Pleasing-to-Slaanesh.png (159 KB, 403x403)

Methnerd
Methnerd

Why does this guy hate IG players, and why does he think IG players would be bothered by Nazi aesthetics?

Attached: wat.gif (500 KB, 245x245)

Snarelure
Snarelure

It was just as much Europe's weakness as Germany's strength, though.

Germany was massive compared to every other nation in Europe. France actually had a declining population and so was compelled to adopt defensive strategic planning (hence the Maginot line). Poland was still technologically a generation behind. Really England was the only major military contender in Europe.

Emberfire
Emberfire

'800 Carabinieri have best aestethics

Attached: 240.jpg (38 KB, 397x266)

Flameblow
Flameblow

turned the German economy around

t. Get all my history knowledge from /pol/ image macros

Attached: 1475715522251.jpg (52 KB, 636x588)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

'Heavy' tank
Easily killed by Boys anti-tank rifles and BT-7 light cavalry tanks

Junkers is right..

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

it doesn't make sense to me that the Mechanicus wouldn't use servitors for it's disposable infantry
What are kataphrons

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Just got my first models from the based chinaman today. The cancer is so worth it. I have a list for like $400 already written up.

FastChef
FastChef

Nazis looked cool

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Anti-lore, nasty, disgusting waac tactic removed
Tau players furious

No one, no one is surprised, It's fantastic, I hope the vast majority of them scrimped and saved, and went through actual hardship to purchase them and paint them in their 3 colors minimum scheme.

Supergrass
Supergrass

I actually forgot those existed.

So much for "I only play them for the fluff and models, honest!" local T'au player...

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

He's probably a trash can kicker, just ignore him. He shits up every thread.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Because i like Mars

suiddenly realising the utility of corpuscari mortal wound shooting

ok if its reasonably cheap i forgive you entirely for this idea

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

they had some nice aesthethics
what can i say, Hugo Boss man

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

I dunno, I remember hearing that from History channel documentaries as a kid. They said that Hitler was very well respected as a great leader until he invaded poland.

I'm curious where you heard otherwise.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Tripman is right.

Attached: an-average-of-10000-times-a-day.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720)

Soft_member
Soft_member

tfw nazi but I play World Eaters
stereotypes are false

girlDog
girlDog

I don’t know. Up until now GW has been pretty adamant that the Adeptus Mechanicus was footslog only. At this rate I figured they’d burn forgeworld to the ground and dump the aerosolized remains into their family’s chimneys to give them cancer before they let the Admech ride a vehicle.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Thousand sons if you don't mind ignoring the actual Thousand Sons outside the HQ slot and just spamming birds, DG otherwise.

takes2long
takes2long

vehicles have a tendency to be a bit on the expensive side this edition, but man i hope you're right.

w8t4u
w8t4u

I was flipping through the rules book the other night looking at the lore for the main space marine chapters, Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, etc, but noticed there wasn’t a section for what the Imperial Fists have been up to since 8th dropped. Can anyone give me a low down?

massdebater
massdebater

You've never seen one because Tau players are fuckbois

When the flyers came out Riptides were OP, so that's all they bought and fielded.

When 8th came out they either ragequit or spammed commanders.

idontknow
idontknow

Hopefully never.

likme
likme

it's just one guy
it's socially acceptable
I'm not a degenerate

Attached: 1515117593139.jpg (320 KB, 905x825)

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

more options is bad
i suppose you like the monopose models that only have 1 weapon choice also

Playboyize
Playboyize

Honestly not sure if it was that or it had already been accomplished since WWI.

I'm not a eurofag that thinks another Reich is a good idea or anything.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Hey guys, new player here. I'm interested in playing Admech. I like their look, and between their start collecting box and Forgebane, seems like a cheap way to get an army together.

How do they play? How are they compared to other armies What are their strengths and weaknesses? I hear they're lacking in troop transports, but I really don't know how big of a negative that is.

Thanks guys!

Techpill
Techpill

nazi = degenerate
Boy

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

building walls

Snarelure
Snarelure

this

the super ebin uninformed trolling (unless they actually are brainlet) in this general is tedious. stop treating the factions in this game like football teams and fuck off with your dimwitted shitposting.

Attached: 1520526970638.png (195 KB, 1612x900)

Emberburn
Emberburn

That rate on a galactic level is pretty much never.

Evilember
Evilember

Hmm? No, I quite like the fireblade. With a Grav drone and the Borkan sept, he helps you triple-tap at 21."

Even with another sept he can put d3 mortal wounds on a vehicle 12" away on a 2+ for 1 cp. I have no idea if that's considered great meta-wide, but I sure as fuck am gonna use it. I'm gonna have 21ish command points anyway.

Firespawn
Firespawn

I'm bored. Someone give me a 40k-themed picture and I'll writefag something for it.

Attached: attilan-romance-writefaggotry.png (2.7 MB, 1838x1940)

WebTool
WebTool

Excellent! I was doing Vior'la, but Sa'cea is also pretty cool. Honestly I don't know anything about 8th since when I first checked I saw the commander spam lists and my eyes just kind of glazed over and I gave it a pass. Glad they limited that.

Attached: 1429501305413.jpg (220 KB, 1431x1000)

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

There's already a 4th Reich and the EU is terrible.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Wut? Poland and Czech industry was pretty well on par and in some cases way ahead of ze Germans. Czech was fucked because basically it's entire heavy industry was handed to Germany in the Munich agre.... this thread belongs in /his/

DeathDog
DeathDog

Attached: C53HTppWUAIJabX.jpg (152 KB, 779x1000)

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

I just got back into 40k this edition after a 7 year break so I could have missed it but where did they talk about admech footslogging? The devs talked about it or in a codex somewhere. Thanks user-friend

JunkTop
JunkTop

Because GW wanted to give every faction a flyer, but didn't want to put any effort into the tau one. So while the FW tau flyer line has always been one of the best parts of the classic tau empire, the GW flyers are a sad, sad reminder that nothing good ever happens in this universe.

and models
Have you SEEN that thing?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Not true, we simply need to achieve many instances of sacred dubs posting. Once enough sacred dubs have been harnessed, we can summon our every essence to obtain the trips of our martyred lady, the quads of the living saint, and the Quints of the emperor himself. So it is said, so it shall be done.

whereismyname
whereismyname

They should good and fight good, but don't have any transports so I hope you like walking.

The Stygies Dragoons are hilarious and awesome, and all their HQs repair their vehicles which do a lot of the heavy lifting.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

What? Even history classes will tell you that. That's not a disputed fact.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

You want ogryn?

Attached: american-visits-japan.jpg (32 KB, 400x225)

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

It's not even a good looking model, and it's hardly mentioned in the lore at all. It's just fucking stupid. GW needs to get off their ass and get back to making new Kroot models, adding more infantry/vehicles to Tau, and getting rid of the ridiculous numbers of Gundams they've added to the army. From the beginning they made it clear that battlesuits were only for elite veterans, but if you look at any game that's played I guess 60% of every Tau cadre consists of elite veterans.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

speed kult

im ready. im so fucling ready

Booteefool
Booteefool

heh. I'm not certain that qualifies, amusing though it may be.

MPmaster
MPmaster

Really England was the only major military contender in Europe.

Only the Royal Navy was good. The British Army had been neglected as fuck during the inter-war years and sunk back into the bad old habits of Empire peacekeeping.

During the aborted attempt to stop the Wehrmacht in Scandinavia, a senior British commander say officers going ashore with fishing gear and other luxuries, like they were going on holiday. Only selective units like the commandos and airborne could be relied upon to stand on equal footing against German soldiery and the focusing of the most motivated men in a handful of specialist units deprived regular Army units of those same men who normally provided their steel to less motivated soldiers.

The British Army wasn't fit for purpose until at least 1943 and even then never achieved heights beyond 'adequate', which was a travesty because it finished World War 1 as probably the premier fighting force in the world.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Attached: warhammer-Игры-еретик-830026.jpg (124 KB, 700x721)

takes2long
takes2long

Attached: spessmehreenchapterswip3.png (216 KB, 5108x1456)

idontknow
idontknow

All Tau models look hideous to me user, it's hard to tell which is more ugly than the other

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Attached: Motivational3-(1).png (322 KB, 750x600)

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

You fucks still sound salty as fuck. Stop embarrassing **pfft** r-re-spectable Tau players.
Hahahahahahhahaha

Attached: D090EFF6-4330-43B0-960A-31341FDC55CA.jpg (291 KB, 900x900)

Skullbone
Skullbone

They didn't turn the economy around for shit, they appropriated a bunch of stuff and assembled a wartime economy during peacetime.

SniperGod
SniperGod

doesn't know the theory of degeneration

SniperWish
SniperWish

pretty ogryn

h o w

RumChicken
RumChicken

yeah i dont like the fact hes waving a knife around and he doesnt have a helmet (converted mine so it doesnt matter)
also sa'cea fireblades and firesight marksmen for ez markerlights tho.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

The complaint is more that rather than nerfing them and making them more even with Crisis, they introduced an arbitrary hard cap that they haven't put on any other unit, even the most broken. It kinda flies in the face of the rest of the book too, because half the relics and WTs are only really useable by Commanders, they introduced a new datasheet that competes for the slot, and both Farsight and Shadowsun also take it. Oh and Enclaves can't take Ethereals or non-Farsight named characters (RIP Eight) so it's three Commanders and however many Fireblades as a tax. It's kinda shitty design all in all. Much rather they were nerfed.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Why do the Salamanders have so few Successor Chapters?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

This. The british army was shit, but they had top-notch ciphers, codebreakers, and spies.

American Steel. British Intelligence. Russian Blood

Nojokur
Nojokur

depending on who you ask and what you read skitarii can be anything from highly augmented humans that retain basically all their free will to straight up puppets that can only barely manage to maybe stop and look at something strange like a chaos blasphemy before the micromanaging dominus pokes them back towards their objective

Supergrass
Supergrass

2 start collecting boxes of admech, and forgebane, as well as a couple dragoons and you have a serious admech army right there (and have almost the entire range currently for admech).

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

The white man be keepin em down

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

why havent they made a knarloc model for tau yet? why? who doesnt want a big ass bird dinosaur?

it makes no sense. and forgeworld sucks balls

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

They didn't turn the economy around because I don't like the way they did it!
lol

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Because they were nearly wiped out at the Dropsite Massacre and took forever to build back up to full strength....then lost a lot of it again on Armageddon II and III.

King_Martha
King_Martha

That's just not true at all, orks have shit morale. When they waaaahg they get bloodthirsty and reckless but they still run away when they get btfo.

cum2soon
cum2soon

lets see some writefaggotry

Attached: 1520009165945.jpg (148 KB, 700x1000)

askme
askme

I think it might be because their geneseed is so unstable.
I remember reading sometime about how the % of success were different between the different chapters and that the Salamanders had like an insane failure rate, while the ultramines were among the most stable.

iluvmen
iluvmen

I heard the AdMech mini Knight stats got leaked but I haven’t seen them anywhere. Anyone got them?

Inmate
Inmate

Cause it sounds like kroot is getting a codex. So new models then.

idontknow
idontknow

I think there was one ages ago.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

This will work, I'll see what I can do.

Playboyize
Playboyize

wow that is one pompous cunt

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Are you implying that playing Guard is degenerate and shouldn't be socially acceptable?

Attached: 88c.jpg (42 KB, 680x719)

Methnerd
Methnerd

lemme see your work user

Attached: Corpuscarii2.png (861 KB, 562x851)

TreeEater
TreeEater

have you tried using a search engine you inbred

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Sa'cea is good for MSU (1 reroll to hit per unit per phase) and Vior'la is good for speedy (advance and shoot as well as a shoot twice stratagem infantry only). Longstrike is T'au Sept only though.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

because its ugly as fuck and forgeworld flyers look dope.

its like a flying devilfish witth downs syndrome

Firespawn
Firespawn

Here's what I was referring to.

Attached: chanceofgeneseedmutation.jpg (31 KB, 466x347)

RavySnake
RavySnake

I'll make it real easy.
The stormsurge, the flyers, and vespids are bottom-of-the-barrel shit that nobody likes.
Fire warriors, new farsight, new broadsides, and hammerheads, would be popular even if they were useless, due to how loved the models are by the non-riptide spamming playerbase.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

They used to have one, but GW abandoned the Kroot like so many other factions in favor of churning out new Spashe Muhreen models that nobody but Little Timmy asked for every year.

RumChicken
RumChicken

well blueberries, the dealer is on 119 and the hand Q89
what do you toss?
Q? Wrong, execute them by shoring them 89 times

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Let’s do this!

Attached: 9B75449B-5200-40E5-9A36-156B4478F594.jpg (154 KB, 748x1069)

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

ty 4 kek

eGremlin
eGremlin

(You)

FastChef
FastChef

How the fuck are salamanders more unstable than space yiffs?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Sorry, beat you to it

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Attached: 1517878402005.jpg (1.34 MB, 2444x2440)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

FW made one once, practically noone bought it

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

imagine last call at an ogryn bar
death by snu snu

by god emperor why did I try to imagine that.

Attached: 1520887120054.jpg (497 KB, 900x905)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

I tried google and found only pics of the models, no statblocks.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Thousand Sons ->Blood Ravens
Looks like you got a lotta fan-fiction mixed in there. Maybe I shoulda stuck around and looked for the Star Krakens.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

dont play with my heart like that

i wouldnt be able to resist

King_Martha
King_Martha

They only "turned it around" by essentially mugging it's neighboring nations, which was not a sustainable play stratagem, I speak as a guy who likes germany, one must look at history with open eyes

farquit
farquit

damnit.
If you decide to do another after that user, do mine next, pretty please

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

They aren't. Yiffs have 0 successors

cum2soon
cum2soon

because it was ugly and forgeworld makes trash.

everyone likes the dinosaurs for lizardmen/seraphon. they look great.

Inmate
Inmate

Attached: fixed.jpg (767 KB, 5108x1456)

likme
likme

Yeah rumor mill is kroot codex and leamon russ is coming back.

Methshot
Methshot

maybe the sample size was wrong, so those are the failure rates when trying to geneseed caucasians, but if you actually tested the geneseed on just kangs like Vulkan you'd get 10-50%

Methnerd
Methnerd

It's already canon I'm afraid. Eldar and humans can reproduce together

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

What the fuck? Sons of the Phoenix are EC, why the hell would you think it's WB?
Also missing Red Scorpions for EC

SniperWish
SniperWish

New Non Mono god non retarded looking CSM sculpts when?

Attached: CA020001-F111-4B26-9484-9DD45BA033D1.jpg (201 KB, 811x1216)

WebTool
WebTool

Attached: 2223CB86-03E1-4392-89B7-68E2181E4125.jpg (21 KB, 458x461)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

mugging it's neighboring nations
What the fuck are you talking about? Are you trying to say that Germany reinvigorated its economy in the early 1930s by conquering countries before it invaded them? What? The Third Reich rebuilt the economy with public works projects and nationalization of banks and industries, that's it. Almost every country has done something similar during times of extreme depression, it isn't that uncommon and usually works.

DeathDog
DeathDog

stuck in a bed for the next few days, is the beast arises series worth the time? How is the ork stuff?

Attached: 71bu9uanrDL.jpg (247 KB, 1400x2124)

TechHater
TechHater

yeah, the other thing is it probably wont transport 20 priests at a time, maybe 12-15 max

FastChef
FastChef

BACK TO /POL/ FAGGOT

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Except BIG MARINES!

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

from honor cometh iron

Attached: wot.jpg (126 KB, 794x782)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Would you rather a spaceship waifu, an evil dark waifu, a hippie waifu or a murderclown waifu?

Attached: yangzheyy-Eldar-Warhammer-40000-фэндомы-2744064.jpg (251 KB, 1024x1453)

Supergrass
Supergrass

of the 2 supposed successors of salamanders, the Storm Giants and Black Dragons, the storm giants are larger than normal astartes (even by salamander standards) and Black Dragons grow boneswords out of their wrists like Barraka and grow head crests. so out of 2 known successors, both of them are mutated.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

never, just convert primaris

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

good series, the imperial fists get tabled to the last man

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Never and it kills me
I wouldn't mind new berzerkers or noise marines though

Lunatick
Lunatick

What other fan fiction is there in there?

King_Martha
King_Martha

Me. I finished this guy last Sunday and have been too lazy to mount my bikes.

Attached: Bike-HQ.jpg (191 KB, 1328x747)

Spamalot
Spamalot

That what they claimed but it was mostly from stolen wealth from other nations that didn't see a military power coming

farquit
farquit

Source for that

viagrandad
viagrandad

Not any more! As of the Ultima Founding they do, although it's question able if the word successor is really appropriate as the initial members would have preceded the contemporary members of the chapter (other than Bjorn I guess)

happy_sad
happy_sad

I'm afraid
But why? Half eldar are more superhuman than space marines (if that crazy bitch that nearly killed Sicarius actually is half-eldar) and don't seem to suffer from Slaanesh wanting to eat them.
Normal human lifespan though.

5mileys
5mileys

xenos waifu
disgusting

w8t4u
w8t4u

forgeworld sucks balls
Poorfags get out

forgeworld makes trash
Confirmed for not knowing shit about dick

idontknow
idontknow

FUCK OFF BACK TO /POL/

Playboyize
Playboyize

Hisass.jpeg

Methshot
Methshot

draw a human with pointy ears and calls it an eldar

Methnerd
Methnerd

honestly i can live with that. Atleast it gives me options.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Murderclown.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0s1RAylVZY

Snarelure
Snarelure

It depends on the artist though, some canon images of them are basically pointy humans.

Emberburn
Emberburn

Do you think that Wraiths are still worth it after their changes, or are they too expensive now?
Also, how do you transport them? Even without the whip coils they look awkward to move around.

Attached: Canoptek-wraith-necrons.jpg (115 KB, 664x918)

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

There should be a light Etherial battlesuit for when they need to attend intensely threatening situations, particularly those where foot troops aren't suitable. Something stealth suit sized, but with a strong shield instead of the stealth field.

RavySnake
RavySnake

To be fair this is really more /his/ than pol as it's dealing with history rather than ideology

RumChicken
RumChicken

I'm not from /pol/ I was refuting polfags point

TechHater
TechHater

Except they put the internal balance fixes in (homing beacons nerfed, support systems more expensive, etc.) AND put in a hard limit nerf.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Yes, and?

Attached: Farseer-Macha-1.jpg (79 KB, 600x600)

JunkTop
JunkTop

I guess since they're already Vior'la I'll just run with that. Shame about longstrike but I'll just play him as a regular hammerhead until I can repaint him. Besides, this is an excellent excuse to get the T'au armored and mechanized list I've always wanted up and running.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Mfw all iron warriors art makes them look like Black Legion only with hazard stripes
Mfw they’d look more like regular marines but with more bionics and spikes and none of the overly retarded chaos sigils and unhappy faces growing out of their crotch plate

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

You still want to spam a single unit, even nerfed.
The cap exists to stop the Tau playerbase from making very boring and unimaginative builds.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Black Dragons grow boneswords out of their wrists like Barraka
Obama doesn't have boneswords

Fuck off back to your safe space you pussy

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Yeah, it's part of the reason I like the tech-thrall minis more, it fits my headcanon of what Mechanicus infantry would look like more. The Skitarii are cool looking models but their poses look too organic and human to me.

Some Tech-Priests might appreciate independant thinking and adaptability in their troops but reading the fluff, most seem far more like they'd prefer mindless obedience and infantry who'll just walk into gunfire, obliviously firing from the hip seems more their speed. The very basic, practical looking outfits of the tech-thralls and their very static poses convey that well I think, badass as the Skitarii sculpts look, especially the Vanguard with their space-sallets.

Supergrass
Supergrass

AUTISTIC SCREECHING DOESN'T HELP

AT NO POINT HAS ANYONE GONE BACK TO (IMPLYING THEY'RE FROM) /POL/ WHEN SOMEONE TELLS THEM TO IN ALLCAPS

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

What changes

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

I know Blood Ravens are from an unknown chapter, and some people think it's thousand suns because of how many librarians you could send to their death. I know this because I play vidya. And I think the reasoning is dumb because one of my favorite ways to start a campaign is to attack the Blood Ravens first, and turtle until I unlock the 5000 kills wargear against them on the first conquest.

Otherwise, I don't space marine.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Some old ass rogue trader shit from the 80's where a marine had an eldar dad and a human mother. Veeky Forums hates retcons so it stays canon for eternity.

Plus I'm certain that at some point in some book a half breed was mentioned. You simply cannot escape man's urge to have sex with elf girls. Even the dawn of war franchise made Macha look like a human with pointy ears instead of gw artwork. You just need to accept that this is what people want.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Murderclown.

Attached: e78ea94a084e52a692081b1ae2c5db3b.jpg (418 KB, 1280x1811)

5mileys
5mileys

hurrrrr if you don't lie and claim the Nazis did nothing but evil things you're a Nazi!
What a fucking faggot. Stop being historically illiterate and read a fucking book, nigger. The Nazis turned the German economy around with run-of-the-mill socialist economic tactics that work in the short term but rarely in the long term.

askme
askme

it also forces thier HQ choices to be the (currently 5 gun slot) coldstar commander, for them to have at least one max size unit of kroot and then fill the board with viorla fire warriors

Inmate
Inmate

and unhappy faces growing out of their crotch plate
God I fucking hate the random gargoyle faces on armor

Methshot
Methshot

stolen wealth
I'll ask it again: how the fuck do you steal wealth from a country without invading it, dipshit? The Nazis had already set the German economy on a path to success before the remilitarization of the Rheinland, for fuck's sake. This was years before the Anschluss or Invasion of Czechoslovakia, neither of which were particularly wealthy areas, by the way.

Methnerd
Methnerd

Attached: 1255136711848.jpg (394 KB, 1070x1258)

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I don't have to accept anything because I already did

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

What the fuck are you talking about?

Skullbone
Skullbone

Suck my cock cuck.

Assholes who don't know shit about shit can fuck right off. 2 idiots fighting about a subject that they both don't know shit about can fuck right off.

Fighting about plastic army men is better.

Emberfire
Emberfire

obama wouldnt join the astartes, he would only become a planetary governor and only do drone strikes on the Tallarn and expect that to stop them.

Attached: 820842-md-Black-Dragons,-Deathwatch,-Space-Marines,-Vanguard,-Warhammer-40,000,-Weathered.jpg (69 KB, 602x602)

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

veekyforums.com/thread/58485345/games

RumChicken
RumChicken

Imperial Fists are ugly and Iron Hands are lame. What's a cool chapter for siege defense?

StonedTime
StonedTime

What's so special about murderclown girls?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Kek.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

They take it in the butt

whereismyname
whereismyname

What would make Tau players not so bitchy anymore? GW if your monitoring please help these wayward blueberries.

Attached: 3F449F2F-323A-4E96-99B8-BFB9DDDCCCBA.jpg (52 KB, 728x850)

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

yourdudes

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Can you take forgeworld Chaos models in a Legion specific army? For example, could I take a Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought in a Death Guard army?

Attached: Death-Guard-Legion-Contemptor-Pattern-Dreadnought.jpg (83 KB, 800x680)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Come here and I will faggot

MPmaster
MPmaster

Invalid try again champ!

girlDog
girlDog

2 idiots fighting about a subject that they both don't know shit about
Oh, and you fucking do? Where did I say anything that was wrong? The Nazis nationalized many key German banks/industries and went about providing public works projects that reduced unemployment and stimulated the economy. These are generic socialist economic policies and had nothing to do with their later expansionist foreign policy. I majored in military history at uni so I think I'm a little more qualified to run my mouth about this than you or some faggot who gets his history lessons from 9th grade.

farquit
farquit

That is shit.

takes2long
takes2long

Give them Riptides but smaller.

Inmate
Inmate

but those are called crisis suits

idontknow
idontknow

Played briefly when 8th started but dropped out for probably 6 months because life.
Heard my Dark Eldar are getting a codex and my Thousand Sons just got one.
Any leaks for DE yet? How was TS codex compared to index?

Methnerd
Methnerd

To each their own - I feel like having your infantry programmed with some "RUN THE FUCK OVER THERE ASAP" lines might be useful
I do wish the movement in the skitarii was conveyed more through the cloak than the body, though. The fact that they're all at different angles and heights makes for nice models to build and paint, but it really can mess up that robotic feel like you said

Emberburn
Emberburn

Oh definitely worth it imo; use the strat to advance and charge, and max squads out if you wanna use the strat to give em RP for a turn; with maybe a cryptek that followed to boost it to 4+

As for transporting; I just keep it with my vehicles in their plastic tub

Evilember
Evilember

new Kroot models/Kroot codex
stop the battlesuit spam
add vehicles that actually fucking do shit and are somewhat competitive
Basically just make it so that there is more than one competitive Tau list, because as of now if you don't stack battlesuit spam you're fucked.

Flameblow
Flameblow

I'm literally Hitler so I can tell you you're right and I did nothing wrong

SniperWish
SniperWish

no leaks yet, but shit is pouring for necron leaks. so hopefully the Deldar leaks are just as good. Might get people to actually play them

RavySnake
RavySnake

Sure you did kid. We all believe your cool. Now fuck off back to /his/

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Murderclown.

Attached: Female-Shadowseer.jpg (60 KB, 433x599)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Admech is huge, there's probably a whole spectrum. My Dudes usually use huge hordes of throwawa cloned cannon fodder for as much combat as possible, backed up with walker strike groups to hit vulnerable targets isolated in the hordes, so when they actually need to deploy in force the relatively small Skitarii macroclades they use are top notch. If you want to just clonespam basic infantry with actual weapons until the end of time I guess they use thralls.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Heard my Dark Eldar are getting a codex
Lol. The exact opposite, GW is discontinuing Deldar.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

by restricting commanders tau are essentially forced to have 3 detachments to maximize their output the commanders can take, which right now pre-FAQ is the coldstar, as it gets 5 weapon slots instead of 4

with these detatchments you need alot of units to fund them, so at minimum you are looking at loads of kroot hounds for 2 outriders and a load of firewarriors for at least one batallion (considering you are near forced to take an ethereal or fireblade now in a battalion, firewarrior spam is going to go well the most with that)

as its hilariously easy for shit like blood angels to fuck you into oblivion with deepstrikes, kroot are mandantory to push that deepstrike area backwards

the rest of the list is going to be up to the player but without that core tau players are going to get utterly crushed by other codexes

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

OK anons how do I fit forgebane knightlings into an admech army? What do I take?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

How do I convince my buddy to paint his own army instead of paying some cunt to do it

Attached: 1520300546103.jpg (1.06 MB, 1536x2048)

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

that's bullshit, but I habeeb it

whereismyname
whereismyname

I-I like vespids
Granted I neither own any nor have even seen any irl so maybe I'm missing something

Also old broadsides>new broadsides (DoW broadsides best though)

replies saying FW did one knarloc
They did a greater knarloc mini & also a unit of 3 regular knarlocs. Not sure which it is that people are forgetting but neither are sold anymore in any case

Supergrass
Supergrass

No

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Wow, what a great argument! You don't know what the fuck you're talking about so just shut the fuck up. You have a childlike understanding of WWII and the economy in general for that matter.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

2 detatchments of ad mech and then a knight LoW single slot detatchment

dunecrawlers, rangers, dragoons, the usual

girlDog
girlDog

Flexibility and they seem more likely to be into it.

happy_sad
happy_sad

I'm not unhappy with the current state of things but a lighter transport, a new auxiliary race, and/or another infantry character would be cool.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Don't care. I'm a different user. Now fuck off.

w8t4u
w8t4u

why's it any of your buisness what your friend does?

likme
likme

You don't understand how economies work, gotcha. They maintained an illusion of prosperity by stealing from their own citizens and rationing everything heavily in service to state goals. The Nazi GOVERNMENT was rich, in the same way a bank robber who just pulled off a heist is rich, but the nation itself was not.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

I'm really liking the "statesmen" portion of post-rowboat marines. The idea they might do something other than kill is a nice change of pace and allowing for characterization is always good.

hairygrape
hairygrape

But now builds are going to be even more boring an unimaginative?
Due to half our stratagems costing 2+ CP, we're a CP hungry army, so we'll need to be running brigades and battalions. Now, for each detachment, you will need a commander, they're broken as shit, and despite there being 5 choices in the codex, only the enforcer and coldstar are worth anything (probably because they're the most expensive), so bam, every single tau army will have 3 coldstars or enforcers. They're just a fantastic unit. But then, to fill out your remaining 3-6 HQ slots, you'll need ethereals or fireblades. No other options outside of named characters. So every tau army will also be running 3-6 ethereals and fireblades. So then, because you're forced to take these troop buff HQs, and our troops are fantastic, you'll be taking at least 6 squads of strikers, 18 with 3 brigades. You'll need pathfinders to let anything hit on anything, and due to MSU being infinitely better for pathfinders, that's another 3-9 squads of those (9 will only be in 3BRIG case though)

So just from looking at what you absolutely need, and taking the maximum number of the best unit, every single tau army will have
3 commanders
3-6 ethereals and fireblades
6-18 squads of fire warriors
3-9 squads of pathfinders
Yep, this codex really is encouraging unique and interesting builds.

Playboyize
Playboyize

why do so many brainlets play 40k? Is it for the power fantasy?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Remind him of the many prostitutes he can hire with the saved money.

Techpill
Techpill

by understanding that some parts of the hobby doesnt appeal to everyone and leaving the guy alone

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Yes just replace the legion key word with the legion you're using

Emberburn
Emberburn

Or just don't spam commanders you shitter.

Emberfire
Emberfire

wasn't the ripping up of the Treaty of Versailles also good, as in, "lmao what debt"

SniperGod
SniperGod

to maximize their output
Well maybe that wouldn't be a problem if Tau players weren't the worst of the waacfag scum

1 Knight and two babby knights for super heavy detachment, or three babby knights in a super heavy auxiliary

It's a shit game for shit people with no friends

SniperWish
SniperWish

space marines sell the most
Yes.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Yeah I don't see the problem with paying somebody else if you have the money.

If you are going to pay 100 or 150 for a nice forgeworld model why not pay to get it painted?

May as well make it look purdy.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

The fabric looks closer to the MRAP than a halftrack.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

has anyone made any interesting Your Dudes with tyranids? aren't the hive fleets basically all the same to one another, how does someone do anything noteworthy if all tyranids can be are 'kill, consume, grow. kill, consume, grow. etc.'?

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Are units of kroot hounds cheaper than drones now?
Currently with fireblades, firesights, MSU FWs, gun drones & sniper drones you can fill out a brigade for >700pts. Will be surprised if we don't see more of those now that Tau will have much more to spend CP on

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Basically

w8t4u
w8t4u

taking the maximum number of the best unit

Fucking

Tau players

askme
askme

It's pretty hard, they're the only true "npc" faction other than Daemons.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Let the Riptide keep its stats but smaller. That will make them happy.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

because it's the most well known tabletop game around, so it's often babbys game.
plus it's rules are deep as a puddle, so it's easy for brainlets to pick up

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Wait, so which one is it?

Attached: 1517002454383.jpg (15 KB, 300x234)

Emberburn
Emberburn

They won't even release the plastic csm they already made for dark vengeance for individual sale and it's been years.

If it isn't aligned to a god, gw hates that you exist.

SniperGod
SniperGod

I made my fireblade from a normal firewarrior cause a 2+ shooting skill means you don't wave around a sheathed knife to inspire your shooty team mates. But I digress a 2+ markerlight is a good thing.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Quads!

WebTool
WebTool

babbys' first game*

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

doing the one thing that made them able to compete with codexes makes them scum

because of this they get restricted but the power of the unit remains the same with nothing to replace them

people are going to take thier 3 max commanders every chance they get, there isnt a better option for the HQs

max size kroot didnt change at 48 points for 12, so its now on par with 4 gun drones

RumChicken
RumChicken

You're both wrong, kill yourselves WAAC fags

StonedTime
StonedTime

There's nothing wrong with power fantasy.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

It was for moments such as these that the life endured in this dark age. The Imperium had purchased its survival with a never-ending tithe or warfare, death, and misery. Yet even so there were glimmers of triumph to found, here and again. Victories that may be petty when set against the vastness of the galaxy and the horrors that lurked within, but which nonetheless shone through it all. When such a precious moment arrived, it was the duty of any man to savor it – like a fine fruit plucked from a dying tree in a desiccated wasteland. And so savor it he did.

Iterator Bartelby Higgensnopes stood before the wretched xenos as they reeled in confusion, pushed off balance by the overwhelming completeness of the surprise crafted for their benefit. They had come to solidify their new alliance with the latest of their human client worlds, a trivial formality between middling bureaucrats to transfer the papers of servitude from one hand to another. Instead, as the great carved doors of the palace had opened, they had found their doom awaiting them on the other side.

1/2

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Yeah, any large group is going to have very stupid people at the edges.... and 40k is really popular right now.

Attached: brain.jpg (62 KB, 530x607)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

The Nazis turned the German economy around

This is a myth and Nazi propaganda. They gave the appearance of it but it was unsustainable, it's why Hitler risked war, even cooperating with his ideological nemesis, Stalin, to grab land because it was either that or go to the German people and admit they'd driven the country even further into the ground and would need to go back to the slow-but-steady economic policies of the Weimar Republic that the Nazis had ridiculed so much during their rise.

They didn't "turn the German economy around" and the simple proof of this is that the German economy, along with many around the world, including the USA's, on an almost identical curve, started to show upwards progress in '32, before the Nazis came to power. And after they did, continuing German recovery from the Great Depression owed more to Schacht, who also served in the Weimar Republic, than anyone in the Nazi leadership, who frequently undermined him or ignored his advice. The Nazis spouted a load of vague, ideology-based """policies""" but left the actual running of the economy to the same people who ran it in the Weimar Republic, at least until later when they started to interfere more and then the wheels really came off.

Real wage growth during the Nazi's """economic miracle""" was non-existent and shit like women being dropped from unemployment figures, combined with recruitment of large numbers of soldiers (which drops unemployment but soldiers don't contribute to GDP unless you're conquering something) should give you a clue that something dodgy was going on.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

no u.

Nojokur
Nojokur

max size kroot

i mean kroot hounds

I paid someone to paint some of my army when I had an arm operation, it that WAAC

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

fuck off you odious little turd

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Bartelby had dressed appropriately for the occasion – one always wore their best to a funeral, after all. To do anything less would be disrespectful, and Iterators were never disrespectful. His finest velvet pantaloons and stockings – real plant fiber, all of them – matched with a violent shirt with sleeves of the most exquisite puffiness. His golden thread tabbard and a shoulder cape fit for any Rogue Trader only magnified the splendor of his pomp. Most of all, though, he wore a smile.

The T’au-things eventually formed something that resembled a firing rank, leveling their ugly xenos weapons in his direction. Bertelby did not care. His arrogance, overbearing as it may have been, was easily propped up by the dozen Astartes who filled in beside him with the thunderous footfalls of their powered armor plate, heavy ceramite boots sending clouds of dust into lazy swirls about his ankles. It was like seeing your opponent threaten you with a knife, only to reach into your own pocket and produce a battleship.

Surely the Xenos knew just how doomed they were, since no shots were fired and no audible orders could be heard. They were frozen in place, not even capable of mustering their hideous language. Very well, then. Bartelby could provide the last remarks – iterators were good at those. He stood erect and straightened his monocle, looking each of the aliens in their mechanical eyes as he recited their funerary address.

2/2

MPmaster
MPmaster

pretty muh

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

FUCK OFF BACK TO /POL/

You know shit about shit. KILL YOURSELF.

w8t4u
w8t4u

That's why women are wrong when they say rape is bad, it's just power play they should just deal with it

Stop memeing Western propaganda you're wrong

likme
likme

Faggots

This is a valid reason, but you should have still painted them yourself.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

I AM ANGRY
YOU CAN TELL I AM ANGRY BECAUSE I USE CAPSLOCK

Techpill
Techpill

You sound a little upset, junior.

Emberburn
Emberburn

M U R D E R
C
L
O
W
N

Attached: 1519796521413.jpg (332 KB, 1423x1920)

Emberfire
Emberfire

painting with your offhand

I might have to with the way this arm is going, but fuck that I dont even like painting, i only do it out of respect for the hobby

Evilember
Evilember

The only requiment for using stuff in the same at or detachment is that all the units share a key word.

SniperWish
SniperWish

Nice! Love me some writetime. Thank ya kind user!

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Forgeworld makes shitty models, shittily, out of shitty materials.

In b4 poorfag- I’m a commission painter and I fucking hate when people order Forgeworld. I’m considering charging triple for assembly or simply not accepting.

eGremlin
eGremlin

autist with no social awareness

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

What does that have to do with power fantasy?

FastChef
FastChef

I'm sorry, but it's objectively the best unit in the codex by FAR. It's our only reliable anti-tank, it's really survivable, it buffs your infantry, has access to a shittonne of relics and stratagems, half the fucking codex is built around commanders. Literally the only thing they did to try and limit players taking commanders was to actually put a limit on your number of commanders!
In casual 1000 point games? No, I won't bring 3 commanders, I'll try out shenanigans with stealth suits and ghostkeels. But if you're playing with any intention at all of winning, facing off against even mildly competitive lists, you HAVE to spam them as hard as possible, and it looks like the codex was nearly designed with that in mind, "It's okay if they're stupidly overpowered if you can only take three!"

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Literally canon m8

Illusionz
Illusionz

Lemmie see a comish bruh!

Supergrass
Supergrass

user, that attitude is a lovely way to make people who upset you stay around to continue upsetting you

Spamalot
Spamalot

Especially the Catachans. Really reminds me of the Somme.

Soft_member
Soft_member

I’m a commission painter
Shitty half assed airbrush schemes does not a commission painter make

takes2long
takes2long

Hitler did nothing wrong 70% of the time.

Attached: IMG-0138.jpg (85 KB, 928x696)

Bidwell
Bidwell

doing the one thing that made them able to compete with codexes makes them scum

Playing Tau makes them scum

because of this they get restricted but the power of the unit remains the same with nothing to replace them

The alternative was nerfing them or msking them prohibitively expensive. This was the better option.

people are going to take thier 3 max commanders every chance they get, there isnt a better option for the HQs

Ethereals and Fireblades are both solid choices for the points if you're not a WAACfag piece of shit.

idontknow
idontknow

There shouldn’t be anything for the tau.

I hope 9th edition has their entire race canonically sucking dicks in hell.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Stellar, user

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Nobody cares. Put your European history back on Wikipedia where it belongs and talk about plastic space men or fuck off.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Cool. Thank you.

Evilember
Evilember

Well done user.

Attached: mech.gif (303 KB, 1200x1500)

RumChicken
RumChicken

How dafuq does a Coldstar have 5 weapon slots?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

How about a podium on legs, with a clear dome protecting them?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

FUCK OFF BACK TO /POL/

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Neat.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Some guy at my FLGS is claiming Harlequins are getting a dex after Dark Eldar, are there any rumours to that effect or is he asspulling?

Couldn't find anything to confirm that via google.

Attached: harlequins-vs-emp-children-by-agnidevi-d8kbox8.jpg (418 KB, 1600x1142)

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

The Italians weighed him down. Mussolini was the weak link. Hitler even admitted that he let his personal feelings about the Duce get in the way. Not to mention building fug huge tonks.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

I mean, that was basically the situation for the 4th sphere fleet between 7th and 8th edition.

Tau Event Horizon

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

make me you apologist faggot

takes2long
takes2long

spam is against the rules

askme
askme

The worst thing he did was lose just like the Emperor.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Ethereals and Fireblades are both solid choices for the points if you're not a WAACfag piece of shit.

they are a good choice unless, by your own admission, you realize they are not a good choice

oh my you are a silly one

the wording on the rules is fucked up, basically you can opt to only replace the missile pod for 2 other weapons, then take 2 more, giving you 4 weapons plus the HOBC, pic related

Attached: received-1712166615508316.jpg (211 KB, 1440x810)

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

What minis are you guys hoping to use in killteam?

Attached: 20170813-162056.jpg (1.51 MB, 5720x1604)

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Overall competent. Standard issue BL prelude. A few mistakes, like violent instead of violet for the sleeves. If it was an entrance to a palace, why would there be dust all over the iterators place of business (clearly the meeting is taking place in a ruins), overall not bad. A little short for the response time but you had a good grasp of the environment.

I give you a B-

Attached: iterators-funeral-rites.png (107 KB, 1517x745)

Firespawn
Firespawn

If only FDR didn't get elected.

Attached: IMG-0353.png (147 KB, 800x1200)

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

I’m not great desu. I’m lucky.

Attached: D23AE846-B278-4583-9A55-EB03710EB2ED.jpg (1.15 MB, 4032x3024)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

What are either of those weapons from? Flails are my shit

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

If it's "Shadow War But Better" it will.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

infiltrators and electropriests.
Gotta show them savages the love of the motive force, a million amps at a time

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

I’m into it congrats on the commission work! That’d be great to be able to do once I get my skills up!

Soft_member
Soft_member

Debate dead Italian politicians elsewhere and talk about aliens vs humans vs space satans or begone.

5mileys
5mileys

tau are a really weak army this edition
but apparently playing them still makes you scum for some reason

The alternative was nerfing them or msking them prohibitively expensive. This was the better option
No, by god, no it wasn't. I'm going to explain why you're wrong, using your own point

Commanders are OP as shit, people are spamming them as hard as possible
user says: The best option? Limit how many commanders people can take
People take the limited number of commanders
user calls them scum anyway

So clearly even you don't think limiting the number of commanders was a good idea, because you're calling people scum for taking the limited number of them. The only solution to this that wouldn't have pissed people off would have been to buff crisis suits so they're a decent to good unit, and nerf commanders to be a decent to good unit. Did you buy five commanders recently to spam? Use them as crisis suits! Did you hate commander spam? Well nobody would spam them if they were only as efficient as crisis suits. Who loses here. Because everyone loses in this scenario, people with 15 suits have nothing to do with them, tau players are now forced to make a monolist if they want to be competitive, and people still have to deal with stupidly OP commanders.

I DON'T WANT TO TAKE 15 FIREBLADES IN MY FE ARMY user

w8t4u
w8t4u

if the teaser is anything to go by, scions are no longer temporary models you can pay for

so im game for this already

Bidwell
Bidwell

Sure showed those evil nazis user, now we can all sleep easy. Thank you for protecting the internet from those evil people. Here's a gold star.

Attached: yellow-star-of-david[1].jpg (31 KB, 400x362)

Inmate
Inmate

They are from the Empire flagellants box, probably my favorite kit in terms of converting.

Attached: 99120202017-FlagellantsNEW02.jpg (42 KB, 600x620)

hairygrape
hairygrape

autist with no social awareness
Do you even know where you are?

poor boi

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Fine. Imperium is better than the smelly Tau.

Emberburn
Emberburn

So you admit to being a WAACfag

I think we're done here

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

How's that guy to the left going to fight? No seriously.

DeathDog
DeathDog

being surrounded by x kind of peple does not excuse the individual being an x kind of person

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

What if it's like Shadow War, which had Terminators that had a 3+ save. On 2d6.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

When I started I sucked BALLS. If you just put yourself out there you’d be surprised how many people will buy.

I started with super low prices and skilled up while painting other people’s shit.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

tfw everyone is shitting on it but I might actually get some flyers for my army
I guess I just have shit taste?

whereismyname
whereismyname

Wait no I meant left. Fug me sideways and call me an Eldar.

Nojokur
Nojokur

I think it's less about him fighting and more about him being in front of somebody that is fighting.
Somebody needs to stop arrows.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

He's going to run and headbutt the shit out of people.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

smacking people with his book-on-a-stick, obiviously

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Kroot hounds a 4ppm, 4 model minimum, so 16 points for an MSU.

Gun drones went up 4PPM to 12PPM.

Tau have three troop choices: Fire warriors, Fire Warriors, or "barely supported unit." How the fuck could you possibly be mad at someone for taking six Fire Warrior units in a brigade?

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

americans actually fucking believe this shit
americans actually believe they're underrepresented in WWII
the brainwashing is real

Attached: 340.jpg (107 KB, 700x661)

Booteefool
Booteefool

well done

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Good job.

I look forward to demonstrating superiority over smarmy, wimpy xenos this weekend. Looking forward to it being a challenge again instead of outnumbering tau a billion to twelve.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

What are you running, 5 brigades at 3.5k?

askme
askme

Nobody cares. Fuck off.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Oh, I thought you the LEFT guy

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Right. Just kill me.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Thanks for the constructive feedback and the screencap, user. Saves me the trouble.

Methshot
Methshot

The US and Britain killed and captured far more Germans in WW2 than the Russians did.

Emberburn
Emberburn

Beware of how they stink. Tau don't use deodorant.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

knowing how to play the game and apply logic to listbuildin
waacfag

at least we realize you are either retarded, dont play, or both

StonedTime
StonedTime

The inside of the battle suits must smell god awful.

eGremlin
eGremlin

I used to think that it was like that.
That the only thing america changed was not letting europe get painted red, but that was before I read about the supplies the soviets were getting from the US

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

I'll call you Sally you knife-ear.

Attached: space-clown.jpg (689 KB, 1920x2716)

JunkTop
JunkTop

Oh shit I gotta get me some of those

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I just now imagined that. Good Lord those Tau must be miserable.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

I did none of those things. Killing is easy. Our Imperium has stagnated in many ways and yet we have become such experts in the application of violence that to end a life has become as trivial and as commonplace as clearing a throat. I had no compunction over using my power when it was necessary, but neither did I share the zeal for destruction that so many of the Throne’s own servants exhibited. If it had been possible to solve our many problems through the continual application of unrestrained force, then you would have thought that over ten thousand years of trying it we might have had some rather better outcomes.

I reached the location of the one who controlled them, the man with the eye-mark. His bodyguards fell away from him as I approached, scrambling to get clear. One of them choked on his fear, others voided their bladders even as they ran.

The man himself was shaking, barely able to remain in position to face me, his face convulsing jerkily with an attempt at defiance. He carried some kind of staff bedecked with feathers. I had no idea where he might have obtained feathers; real ones were not generally to be found in the slums of Terra.

’Here to kill me then, golden one?’ the man cried, and his strained voice gave away his crippling terror.

It would have been the work of but a moment.

’Why are you doing this?’ I asked, quietly.

He could barely meet my gaze. His skin was glossy with sweat.

The end is coming for you!’ he blurted, wild-eyed now. ’I have been shown it!’

’Why are you doing this?’ I asked again, with just the same inflection.

He started to lose his last slivers of self-command. ’Because you can't protect us,’ he hissed. ’They’ll sweep you away. They’ll sweep it all away!’ His eyes lost focus. ’What did he tell me? The... path. It is opening now,’

Attached: file.png (1.1 MB, 802x1000)

whereismyname
whereismyname

Like a fish market.

MPmaster
MPmaster

This image is roughly correct, even if the proportions are a bit off.

Reddit tier shit

King_Martha
King_Martha

Not to further stereotypes, but the codex was pretty low effort. It's not even about power really, but codices like DG have had a lot of thought and creativity put into them while the writer for the Tau codex admitted they're not his faction and got his own rules wrong (and tried to explain the decision he didn't make). It's just a big "they didn't give a shit" sign.

Now, there is a substantial correlation between creative and fluffy codices and strong ones (see Eldar and IG at one end and AdMech and GK at the other), but there was still much to be desired on the Tau codex that isn't just "wahhhh I want them to be an autowin".

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

US wasnt all that important to WW2
ohreally?
First time in modern history a nation fought on 2 fronts against 2 superpowers by splitting their military into 2 theaters and won

w8t4u
w8t4u

'The Gate has already fallen,’ he went on, raving now in both fear and excitement. ’You know that? Has it got back to your deaf and blind masters yet?’

’Who told you these things?’ I asked.

He started to laugh, and the sound had an edge of frenzy to it. ’What does it matter to you? You are deaf to those voices. You are deaf to all living voices. The dead cannot stand against the living, You hear me? The dead cannot stand against the living!’

The two of us were like a small island of stability amid a world of motion. This amateur assault was over, but that meant little in the wider scheme of things. More mobs would come, larger ones, stirred up by madness such as this, and there were not enough of us to break them all. We needed to discover more of their origin.

’Come with me,’ I said.

He stared at me, horrified. ’No,’ he said, in a smaller voice.

’You have committed great sins.’

I never lifted my voice above a murmur, but he lost what little composure he’d had, then. Tears started in his eyes. ’I have, though,’ he confessed, wonderingly, as if only just seeing it. ’I have committed great sins.’

'There are ways to atone for them,’ I said.

He took a faltering step towards me, blinking, staring. ’Oh, by the Throne,’ he mumbled, dispirited. ’But all these things are ended.’

I summoned the flyer, and a moment later heard its engines overhead. Werrish was still on board, and looked startled to see me conversing with the heretic.

I gestured towards the open cockpit door. Meekly, haltingly, the man let his staff fall from his hands, then made his way to the compartment at the rear, moving as if in a stupor. I sealed the door behind him, then went back to Werrish.

’The machine-spirit will take you back,‘ I said. ’Deliver him to the Ordo Hereticus watch division in your sector. Explain the manner of his capture. Tell them I wish to study their report on him when it is done.'

Attached: file.png (1.3 MB, 1000x1194)

Snarelure
Snarelure

Hey mod you're a faggot for banning me just because I was right about rape not being a bad thing

Evilember
Evilember

It is a really great kit.

Attached: 20170424-150932.jpg (302 KB, 997x1621)

Flameblow
Flameblow

You'll call me Linda, mon'keigh.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Attached: MyLifeForAiur.png (271 KB, 2855x3283)

JunkTop
JunkTop

Yeah some of that stuff could work for cultists also.

Looks like cool bits.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

US takes Japanese empire on almost singlehandedly
all the Africa stuff and Italy US took almost singlehandedly
US takes western front of Germany with minimal help from UK
Russia just commits warcrimes throwing civilians into the firing lines until Germans run out of bullets
Russia’s contribution was just Germany’s mistake, the race to Berlin was forces of order and justice from the west and murderous savages from the east. Commies suck in every reality, faggot. We won WWII and all you NPC countries can be thankful

Attached: B1C15DA2-123C-4950-8A40-517E46F1FA44.png (215 KB, 883x905)

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

U wot, m8.
The Germans had about 700,000 killed throughout the duration of the war on the Western Front. The number of casualties gets driven up because people count the over 4 million men in the army that surrendered at the end of the war in the numbers.
But Germany had over 5 million dead on the Eastern Front against the Soviets. Granted, the Soviets didn't kill that many. The harsh winter did most of the work for them after the Germans blitzed their way too deep into a Russia that was being scorched behind the retreating Soviet army.
The Russians lost well over twice that number, but that's because they played war like the Imperial Guard(they were the real life inspiration for the Guard tactics and the Commissars).

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

This reads like a '/pol/ walks past a black guy' meme.

So this golden banana faggot dropped out of an orion gunship by me today with his stupid gun-spear thing and tried to act tough but I stood my ground and told that overpolished tosser just what I thought about....

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Didn't even give them vehicle equipment or a unique sept markerlight entry ala orders

viagrandad
viagrandad

Half the stratagems and WTs only work on them. They're one of 3 HQs you're allowed if you're not T'au Sept (and if you're FSE, one of those 3 is Farsight). They're still by far the best unit in the codex and the best shooting HQ in the game. You're limited to 3. But sure, it's degenerate spam to bring them.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

OMFG Fuck off back to /pol/ m8.

Nobody care.

cum2soon
cum2soon

You show up with 3 commanders and that's fine. You start bitching about wanting to bring more and you're a fuckwit.

THEN TAKE VANGUARDS

SniperGod
SniperGod

then take vanguards

the fuck are you on about

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Western Front Axis Casualties (Killed, Captured, or Wounded): 5,000,000–5,400,000
Eastern Front Axis Casualties (Killed, Captured, or Wounded): 10,953,500

Not even close. Stalingrad bled the German Army and Kursk broke it.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Stop shitting up the thread with your bitching

FastChef
FastChef

Is there an 'accepted' base size for when youre making objective markers? Gonna make some new ones for my necrons and I need to make some for my tau, but split between either putting them on 33mm bases or terminator bases as I have done previously.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Go choke on a dick.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Can /pol/ & /his/ not carry their shit on into the next thread whenever it shows up, please? Just keep going here until it fall off page 10 & leave it at least until the next thread goes to shit after the usual 350 posts

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

doesnt matter too much, you measure to the center of it anyway to determine if you are scoring

32mm will be fine user

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

*Writes good lore in your path*

Attached: file.png (266 KB, 700x403)

viagrandad
viagrandad

The Germans had about 700,000 killed throughout the duration of the war on the Western Front. The number of casualties gets driven up because people count the over 4 million men in the army that surrendered at the end of the war in the numbers.
Actually they took about 4 mil prisoners before the surrender, and another 3.5 afterwards.
And that's just from about a year of fighting on one front. Not even counting other campaigns.

But Germany had over 5 million dead on the Eastern Front against the Soviets.
Considering the fact that Germany had only 5.3 million military deaths at max throughout the entire war, that's obviously wrong.

The Russians lost well over twice that number, but that's because they played war like the Imperial Guard(they were the real life inspiration for the Guard tactics and the Commissars).
This is meme tier history at best.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Vanguard Detachments: 1-2 HQs plus a bunch of fast attacks...or was it elites? I can't remember which one was which.

I don't see why you're so scared of infantry. Guard take them and they don't even have 3+ in cover 42" range S5 Rapid Fire guns! Hell, at 7 points a pop or 35 points total your troops tax is cheaper than the guard!

Inmate
Inmate

Attached: 24145-f3699873bdb6d4d62840367805c54b80.gif (29 KB, 400x280)

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Yeah, fucking people who think they are smart on the internet man.

Fucking faggots read a single wikipedia page and think they know everything.

Playboyize
Playboyize

So... six-fusion Coldstar?

TreeEater
TreeEater

Like any good Imperial citizen, you should view human remains as a powerful reminder of your own fragile mortality compared to the might of the Imperium and the Emperor. It is for this reason that your living quarters, wargear, reading material, space vessels, uniforms, and fellow soldiers have been emblazoned with a tasteful smattering of skull decorations.

Necrons seem to be a relatively young xenos species, not yet capable of warp travel or advanced rational thought. They originate from underground, choosing to hide from the Imperium like the basest rat or sump-mutant, emerging only occasionally to vent their spite on our more enlightened civilisation.

man, these are always gold
I want to know who is writing them

Flameblow
Flameblow

Just report all offtopic posts. All this stuff is against global rule 3 and Veeky Forums rule 1.

Attached: 1388756545906.jpg (751 KB, 1024x1280)

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Not worthy Tau players, i just love how they gave other units more value, like the firewarriors and the broadsides

Attached: 904.gif (4 KB, 124x124)

SniperWish
SniperWish

I have no idea who that is.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Eastern Front Axis Casualties (Killed, Captured, or Wounded): 10,953,500
Source.
We're not counting wounded btw

viagrandad
viagrandad

4 fusions and a HOBC

vanguards arnt a HQ slot user, it still needs a HQ, the other guy doesnt want to take fireblades in an FE army

I don't see why you're so scared of infantry

why the fuck do you think im scared of infantry? all i did was predict that people will be forced to take a core of infantry, with kroot and no less than 3 commanders to compete with other codexes

at no point did i say infantry are bad, they are actually really fucking good as viorla, my point was you are going from one monobuild to a large mono-core

takes2long
takes2long

for the first time in history, a nation threw a few men at two nations that were already deep into wars with two superpowers

Lets see
Conflict in the pacific theatre?
China loses 15-20 million
Japan loses 2.5-3 million
USA loses 425 thousand

Conflict on the eastern front?
Russia loses 20-27 million
Germany loses 4.5 million
USA loses 0, as they weren't on the fucking eastern front in any real capacity.

So, tell me, which nations do you think really bit the bullet and pushed back the foreign invaders threatening their way of life? I'll give you a hint, it's not the country that didn't have a single battle fought on its soil, and just harassed its enemies who were already at war with superpowers.

askme
askme

Still not forgiven him for the Spehs Wuffs codex.

Inmate
Inmate

Wrote this and some other good codexs

Attached: file.png (1.05 MB, 750x1000)

hairygrape
hairygrape

see's links to new thread
it couldnt possibly be that time already
looks at post count
holy fuck 500 posts already, it feels like this thread just started

welp, better get a move on then.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Uhhhh, guys?

Attached: wat.png (26 KB, 405x152)

Emberfire
Emberfire

Guard take them and they don't even have 3+ in cover 42" range S5 Rapid Fire guns!
nah they just have 4 shots for 4 points lol

SniperGod
SniperGod

This needs to be made

Attached: 1492827775448.jpg (29 KB, 500x500)

Lunatick
Lunatick

dying the most means you did the most!
lmao
china mvp of WW2 you guys!

King_Martha
King_Martha

oh no

Attached: fuck.png (18 KB, 452x130)

Techpill
Techpill

Looking at an admech codex, want to make a list out of the units I like. You guys think the charge of the chickens has any merit?

Styges VIII

Batallion-

Dominus- (135)
engineseer - (40)

10 rangers, omnispex, transuranic arquebus x 3 - (162)
10 rangers, omnispex, Arc Rifle x 3 - (99)
10 vanguard, omnispex, plasma caliver x 3, arc maul (137)
10 vanguard, omnispex, plasma caliver x 3, arc maul (137)

6 Sydonian Dragoons (408)
6 Sydonian Dragoons (408)

Heavy Support-

engineseer - (40)

Onager Dunecrawler, Neutron Laser, cognis Heavy Stubber (145)
Onager Dunecrawler, Neutron Laser, cognis Heavy Stubber (145)
Onager Dunecrawler, Icarus Array, cognis Heavy Stubber (140)

Attached: Archmagos-Dominus-Belisarius-Cawl.jpg (194 KB, 926x627)

Methshot
Methshot

Tell them I wish to study their report on him when it is done.

The heretic confessed and was quickly executed. - Inquisitor X of the Ordo Hereticus

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

They didn't die of fucking dysentry user, death counts are usually a better way of counting how much conflict a country was involved in than... what was your suggestion again?
US takes Japanese empire on almost singlehandedly
That is impressively wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

OMFG
Nobody care.

Bootybothered third-worlder confirmed.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

dragoons are great, use them to your hearts content

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

6 dragoons
when you want to casually kill an imperial knight

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

pacific theater
be japan
lets invade china, indonesia and a few other islands
okay, whatever
lets bomb hawaii and completely overstretch our military and all the gains we made
somebody hold my beer, I got some gook ass to kick

eastern theater
hey hitler, it would be a REALLY good idea to go sink american trade ships for our allies
yeah sure, just dont fuck up and do anything too crazy to provoke the americans
hey germany, I am just going to piss off the americans while you go balls deep into the slavic territories and russia during winter
sounds fantastic
japan bombs pearl harbor
WTF JAPAN i said dont do anything stupid while I am in russia
whoops

america proceeds to split its military force between 2 theaters on different sides of the globe an kick both of their asses and force a surrender of both superpowers in just a couple years.

MPmaster
MPmaster

Japan: less than 1 mil dead
China: OVER 25 MIL

fucking lmao
Oh yeah dude, China did SO much

iluvmen
iluvmen

honestly im probably just gonna do something pretty plain-jane and go with a Deathwatch Kill-team. My plan is to included two dudes from my custom chapter, and then maybe have some boys choose the others. I always love the Idea of the Deathwatch, love the models, just didn't feel like spending money on entire army of them. Either that or a sister flamer deathsquad.

Attached: Deathwatch7.jpg (196 KB, 1080x1080)

Methnerd
Methnerd

Dragoons are literally the best thing, in aesthetics, fluff, and capabilities, with stigies VIII and conqueror imperatives.
The only downside to running two squads is that you can't give both conqueror imperatives on the same turn, but for nothing more than being an amazing tank I'd still say go for it.
Gonna fucking cost you though.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

counting Russians in japan
when the whole FUCKING Berlin and yalta thing was them not coming in
and they literally wouldn’t fight fo real until after we dropped the bombs
also counting chinks
citing Wikipedia
THAT is impressively wrong. US pretty much did win it alone, the only significant allies were local states that could help with intel against the japs. Did you never have a history class? Yalta was a big fucking deal

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Propaganda

RumChicken
RumChicken

Total:
2,960,000+ – 4,987,000 military casualties after July 1937 (excluding Manchuria and Burma campaign)[d]
less than a million
user confirmed for literally cannot read

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

all these faggots counting significance in a war as how many people died
Lmao @ Reddit and /pol/ brainlets

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

user confirmed for literally cannot read
HA!
Says the retard who doesn't know the difference between DEATHS and CASUALTIES, and couldn't remember I'm talking only about Japan, not its allies.

What's it like to be dunning kruger'd this hard?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Infiltrating a unit of 6 dragoons would be fucking scary for the opponent but you don't really want another big unit. Good choices for the onagers. Arc mauls won't see much use but if you'll just be having them for aesthetics (like I do) then they're only a handful of points so might as well go for it

Post in the new thread btw if you want some more c&c veekyforums.com/thread/58501927/games

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

I know that it's only page 8, but can we get a new thread just to escape this autism?

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Military contributions aside the real contribution of the US was economic. Lend Lease and Cash & Carry essentially supplied the military infrastructure of the entire allies for multiple years.

w8t4u
w8t4u

already been done user

Snarelure
Snarelure

First off, not an ameritard, my country was neutral in WWII, but from all that I've learned on the topic the only thing america joining the war did was turn it from a massacre into a bigger massacre, and then prevent the spread of communism afterwards (which I do appreciate)
also counting chinks
Why wouldn't you. Just because they didn't join your shitty club of allies doesn't mean they weren't a huge contributor. That's like saying finland was on the enemy's side in WWI because russia tried to use that excuse to invade them. Most historical sources have this thing called bias that you have to work around user, or do you actually believe the dropping of the atomic bombs was a humanitarian effort to minimise loss of life?
also /his/

Emberburn
Emberburn

Yes, it talks about how the <Legion> tag works in the FW index.

Basically if it has <Legion> and also the option to take the appropriate Chaos God keyword, it can be included in the cult legions.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

So is Kill team basically just single unit games of 40k?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

not anymore

w8t4u
w8t4u

Crisis Suits not getting buffed.
Crisis got a discreet buff with CIBs being flat 3 shots when overcharged. Drop Zone Clear is solid when Farsight drops with them and pops the Command Control Node strat.

They got indirect buffs, but nothing that really fixes their main issues which are minimum unit size 3, no upgrade (old Target Lock) to BS3+, and being in the most competitive section of the Empire's army list.

Support Systems
Yeah, I don't know what happened with those. That was very surprising on GeeDubs part. Some models now have cheaper Shield Generators (Ghostkeel), and others systems got jacked up higher (ATS) which was not a surprise. To me it's a wash.

Commander Limitation
To me it isn't that big a deal. I always took cheaper characters when I could to fill out Battalions and would take Commanders in a Vanguard.

Stuff like the Y'Vahra was an auto include for me and I only used 1-2 Commanders.

Suit armies are dead
Not entirely true. Farsight Enclaves Vanguards are gonna be a thing. A Farsight Bomb Vanguard Detachment might be more prevalent than you think. A single unit of 3 with the above mentioned combo and some Markerlights will one shot Maggie and severely maim Morty. That's better than the equivalent of Ghostkeel doing the same thing.

Granted 6CP are being burnt. But to kill a Primarch in one salvo from on unit, and getting 1CP back potentially is pretty dope.

Add in a wall of Gun Drones which can now Deep Strike in front and bubblewrap the suits/Farsight who can Heroic Intervene for the lulz.

It's a huge improvement from the Index, but not everyone's cup of tea. You're kind of shoehorned into certain tenets for different units, but I like it.

Farsight Enclaves and Bork'an is gonna be solid for Crisis.
Bork'an and Sa'cea are great for Riptides, Y'Vahra, Keels, and Broadsides.
Vior'la and Bork'an are best for Drones and Fire Warriors.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit